Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yoshi no longer sasy "Briiiiing-Ha!" when doing his Down B what is this garbage Sakurai answer for your crimes.

The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't make the noise when he laughs. You know the noise.

How could they get this so wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Also, a score of 85 in Rival Smash is pretty easy with the tried and true method of picking DK and spamming his Down+B a ton.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Suspicious Cook posted:

The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't make the noise when he laughs. You know the noise.

How could they get this so wrong?

He doesn't even do the right pose. It's loving inexplicably bad.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He does it for a victory screen, doesn't he?

(I am a bad person and do not play Duck Hunt Dog.)

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Kirby doesn't do the HIIIIiiiii taunt anymore. Not playing another match until this gets patched in.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Going into Fever Rush 8 times with Dr. Mario in a single Trophy Rush play is really difficult. You have to manage the gold sparkly blocks well, either using them to get into a fever faster or saving one through a fever if you're already close to a full bar. Even then, some luck is required, because bad bomb or exploding pillar block placement can really just gently caress you over. You do get 100,000 gold for completing it though, so that's cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

He doesn't even do the right pose. It's loving inexplicably bad.

It's way better because the new pose gets people mad.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Goddamn, has Marth's Shield Breaker always been this good and I just missed it? Been having fun humiliating people in 1-on-1 by shield-breaking them and then taking my sweet time lining up the perfect sword-tip hit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

btw ssb4 is unironically the worst smash game because it doesn't have break the targets, you all know this to be true.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
They've all been lovely since they took out Board The Platforms.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
How does Wario unlock? I checked two unlock guides that both said clearing 100 man melee unlocks Wario. I did 100 man melee, it unlocked Dark Pit, and I am not happy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He'll probably unlock the very next match you do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

How does Wario unlock? I checked two unlock guides that both said clearing 100 man melee unlocks Wario. I did 100 man melee, it unlocked Dark Pit, and I am not happy.

You must have done that just after 40 VS matches or something? 100 Man Melee is the unlock for Wario.

E: Wait Wario is 20 matches, what the gently caress did you do

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

While Ganondorf is better than he was in Brawl he still has the old man run and raspy voice. I miss Melee Dorf's Wizard Punch roar.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't know what the gently caress I did! I'm pretty sure I went into a normal smash game after clearing 100 man melee + dark pit. All I want to do is ride on a motorcycle and fart at people!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't know what the gently caress I did! I'm pretty sure I went into a normal smash game after clearing 100 man melee + dark pit. All I want to do is ride on a motorcycle and fart at people!

he unlocks after like only 20 to 40 matches just play the game dude

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Two gripes. They should add rewards (trophies, custom moves, equipment) to online games. For Glory matches should not all take place on final destination.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It'd be nice if there was better matchmaking. Having a 14% win rate in 1v1s is a piss poor experience.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Goddamn, has Marth's Shield Breaker always been this good and I just missed it? Been having fun humiliating people in 1-on-1 by shield-breaking them and then taking my sweet time lining up the perfect sword-tip hit.

Marths were wrecking me with this move. They would short hop toward me and charge it in the air, and I would instinctively attempt to shield grab any air attack. The experiences quickly taught me the value of spot dodging.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think it got buffed quite a bit, but I never played much Marth in Melee/Brawl. I think it comes out quicker and does more shield damage now.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

acumen posted:

It'd be nice if there was better matchmaking. Having a 14% win rate in 1v1s is a piss poor experience.

I have like 60% just by shooting a gently caress ton of missiles with samus and rolling away.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

he unlocks after like only 20 to 40 matches just play the game dude

I have been, dude. I don't know why Wario hasn't made his appearance yet. I've played oodles of classic, event, 100 man smash, and just regular Smash matches against lvl 9 comps.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I have been, dude. I don't know why Wario hasn't made his appearance yet. I've played oodles of classic, event, 100 man smash, and just regular Smash matches against lvl 9 comps.

Wario just doesn't like you. Perhaps you've said mean things to him in the past?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wildtortilla posted:

Play more regular smashes then?

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, I have a Wii U, but I only have the touchscreen and a wii mote + nunchuk, If I were to get this game I'd need more controllers for my friends. What would be my best option?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

Hey guys, I have a Wii U, but I only have the touchscreen and a wii mote + nunchuk, If I were to get this game I'd need more controllers for my friends. What would be my best option?

Pro Controllers until the Gamecube controller adapters stop being gouged for more than the cost of the full game bundle on amazon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

If you can find a gamecube controller adapter, get that and buy a few gamecube controllers. They should go for $30 a pop with the adapter at $20, so you'll need to drop $110 for three controllers this way. If this isn't an option, you'll need to get pro controllers at $50 a pop. Alternatively, you can connect to 3DS systems so long as they're running Smash, so you can always make your friends bring their own controllers/3DSes.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Wildtortilla posted:

Try beating classic or all star with a Mario character.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Safety Scissors posted:

You should probably buy one Pro Controller because it's a really good controller for a lot of games, this one included, but they're like 50 bucks so I wouldn't recommend more than one. Your cheapest option beyond that is probably more wiimote/nunchuks.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
There has to be some sort of lag threshold I can set when playing online, right? I've had all of two online fights where it WASN'T a slide show. I go from a four man brawl where the lag is barely acceptable, to a one on one where the lag was so comical hyperbole doesn't do it justice. The in-game clock said the match lasted thirty seconds but the goddamn game lasted two minutes; that's how bad it was.

I did port forwarding, and I've already come to accept that I live with monstrously lovely internet courtesy of Time Warner, but surely Nintendo did a thing where it's like "okay, don't connect to any games with pings above one billion."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Say... Can you describe 100-man smash for me? What's a typical round like?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Do Amiibos only learn from their opponents, or from teammates too?

I'd like to get one for my wife but she would never play alone to train it. If we do 2v2 team games where I team up with her Amiibo and she teams up with mine, would her Amiibo learn from her or me?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Regy Rusty posted:

If it's like past Smash games, you face a number of identical enemies. When you kill one, another appears, until you die or you defeat all 100.

I haven't done it in Smash4 yet, but it's probably Miis. In Melee it was wireframe dudes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

100-man Smash description.

Shhh I didn't ask you!!!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It involves lots of down special with donkey kong. And then pretending any other character is as well suited to win the event.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

It involves lots of down special with donkey kong. And then pretending any other character is as well suited to win the event.

Well that sounds about right. Wario just hates you.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I did it on 3DS with Little Mac just running back and forth. :v:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Is there a good recommended loadout for 9.0 classic? I've gotten close with Dedede and his gordos, but I don't know what equipment/ custom moves should be used. Or another character in general, I dunno.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

My record is 2:45 on 100-man with Sonic of all people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Chieves posted:

Is there a good recommended loadout for 9.0 classic? I've gotten close with Dedede and his gordos, but I don't know what equipment/ custom moves should be used. Or another character in general, I dunno.

I haven't beaten it on Wii U yet but I did it on 3DS by giving Dedede a bunch of attack/defense up equipment. He doesn't really need to be fast since your main roadblock will be taking out master core.

• Locked thread