Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The best thing in 2K15

Best, or the biggest act of villainy ever committed by Yukes? "Hey kid, this loving awful game is for you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
This Video Game Dedicated to The Only Dead Kid Who Ever Mattered As Far As I'm Concerned.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The next time I really gently caress up at work I'm going to dedicate the horrible job I've done to a kid who died of cancer.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm getting used to working with saves on Fire Pro. I now have all the tools needed for my 32 team Super Survivor Series Tournament!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gamefly'd WWE SK15 and lol there were like only 15 hair options and 10 hats in CAW? The options to make people were so loving pisspoor I just quit 20 minutes in. If I can't make the same quality freaks and weirdos with crazy body proportions and wacky helmets as in 2k14, what the gently caress is the point? What a laughably bad game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

gamefly'd WWE SK15 and lol there were like only 15 hair options and 10 hats in CAW? The options to make people were so loving pisspoor I just quit 20 minutes in. If I can't make the same quality freaks and weirdos with crazy body proportions and wacky helmets as in 2k14, what the gently caress is the point? What a laughably bad game.

Was this for a current gen or next-gen system?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was this for a current gen or next-gen system?

Next Gen. All that wacky poo poo is still in PS3/360.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Next Gen. All that wacky poo poo is still in PS3/360.

That's nuts that they'd take out the accessories and hair options. Is it because they don't play nicely with the 'import your face' feature?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The face importing is the same as the texture hacking people did on 360/PS3, just officially supported, now. You just upload any image and you apply it like any other logo; it's not specifically for faces.

It's far more likely that the CAW options were cut down because they'd need to remake everything for the new generation version and that's a lot of work for a company that cranks these games out in <9 months. I mean, it's still inexcusably lovely to release such a vapid, empty game, but that is more likely the reason, anyway.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

My career CAW is called "Chet Averageson" and he has all of the default appearance settings expect for his hair and i gave him the most average-guy looking hair possible.

The career is still fun though. I'm able to beat the gently caress out of all the NXT guys they throw at me except for Bo Dallas who is currently a god-like gatekeeper.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
How well does that stamina system work? I don't have plans to pick up the game since I don't currently own a ps4 or xbone but from what I've seen, once your stamina is low the game just won't let you up with how some of the new grapples are set up. Granted this was watching the newlegacyinc guys play career mode so their char might just be underleveled, it's hard to say. I'm just genuinely curious is all.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Good Listener posted:

How well does that stamina system work? I don't have plans to pick up the game since I don't currently own a ps4 or xbone but from what I've seen, once your stamina is low the game just won't let you up with how some of the new grapples are set up. Granted this was watching the newlegacyinc guys play career mode so their char might just be underleveled, it's hard to say. I'm just genuinely curious is all.

The stamina bar actually refills fairly quickly, it just keeps you from spamming moves over and over. If you pace yourself at all, it won't be a problem. If you fully deplete your stamina and do a move, you will struggle to get up for a few seconds. I actually think it works great and keeps a nice flow to the match.

I had a friend over that has played the previous versions and wanted to try WWE 2k15. I watched him spam move after move until his guy couldn't get up, and then he got his poo poo kicked in. That didn't really look like a fun playstyle to me. I like that the stamina system gives you another aspect to think about. It gives the matches more of an ebb and flow. After you do a couple moves, you might have to slow down for a second to catch your breath. It gives the other player a couple seconds to try to come back. It makes the matches more interesting for me.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there any way to change the mycareer settings? I cant turn on blood or adjust the terribly easy difficulty.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

From watching streams (I don't have a PS4) it seems the funniest part of MyCareer is that while you are an unknown NXT prospect who hasn't yet had your first match against a real person much less a title opportunity, you can have Roman Reigns or Stephanie McMahon out there managing you.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Is there any way to change the mycareer settings? I cant turn on blood or adjust the terribly easy difficulty.

Nope, no way to change it. It's locked to default settings (blood off, normal difficulty) with no way to change them. Yukes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

From watching streams (I don't have a PS4) it seems the funniest part of MyCareer is that while you are an unknown NXT prospect who hasn't yet had your first match against a real person much less a title opportunity, you can have Roman Reigns or Stephanie McMahon out there managing you.

That's one thing that's always bothered me about these games, in that you can't have a dedicated manager for you character. You have to go in and select the manager option. I understand that you wouldn't be able to have a manager in some match types (anything which maxes out the characters on screen), but I wish you could create a stable, or even just a pairing, with a manager character.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

That's one thing that's always bothered me about these games, in that you can't have a dedicated manager for you character. You have to go in and select the manager option. I understand that you wouldn't be able to have a manager in some match types (anything which maxes out the characters on screen), but I wish you could create a stable, or even just a pairing, with a manager character.

Then again sometimes you get No Mercy, where I was begging for an option to turn off dedicated managers because having more than 2 people on screen resulted in huge slowdown.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

projecthalaxy posted:

You cant?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Finished first in an epic KoTR last week. My reward? Two epic Big Shows and a UR Manager.

Made quarter finals in an epic KoTR on the weekend and scored a Shawn Michaels which will let me pro my current Shawn. Neat.

Finished first in an epic KoTR just now. My reward? Two epic Big Shows and a UR Manager. :geno:

Feeding my Big Shows to Shawn, I guess.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Broke into Legendary tier finally and got my guaranteed drop - Stone Cold. He may be upper mid-pack and not super top tier but it's loving Stone Cold, so yaaaaay

Also have one Pro Epic and another set to level up. Now I'm back to hoping to find a UR or higher Diva sometime soon.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The streamer either already played through MyCareer or has unlocked all content by other means. You start off w/ most of the divas division, Ricardo, and Zeb coulter as options. As you play through the game you unlock more (Regal, etc). The heel storyline, such as it is, lets you join the authority and then you can be managed by a Shield guy (I guess in case you wanted to make a Marty Stu Shield member) and the Helmsleys. Beating Brock gives you Heyman. So no, none of the manager options are immersion-breaking or w/e

Good Listener posted:

How well does that stamina system work?
You can play relatively akin to previous games if your guy is below heavyweight, they get a head start on not getting gassed. I've said it before but the main beneficiaries of the stamina system are multi-man matches. They're exponentially better without 3-6 pinballs whizzing around the ring and you no longer have to cheese victories or hit two consecutive finishers. That includes tag matches.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basic Chunnel posted:

The streamer either already played through MyCareer or has unlocked all content by other means. You start off w/ most of the divas division, Ricardo, and Zeb coulter as options. As you play through the game you unlock more (Regal, etc). The heel storyline, such as it is, lets you join the authority and then you can be managed by a Shield guy (I guess in case you wanted to make a Marty Stu Shield member) and the Helmsleys. Beating Brock gives you Heyman. So no, none of the manager options are immersion-breaking or w/e

Ah I did not realize that they were unlockable. Yeah the stream I was watching had the Accelerator installed. Sorry.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So I've been trying out TEW 13 and I'm have a bunch of uestions. My main problem is booking momentum right for new promotions. In my 1985 game, everyone's momentum is all over the place with 2 of my main eventers having momentum in C and D levels and midcarder Arn Anderson has B momentum which is the highest in my roster. The ma usually start off well but when I start booking them against each other, their momentum drops a lot. I used the medium difficulty option of starting a new company and the company's popularity is at D- across the board. I think my issue is I book too many matches with wrestlers with the same push level which hurts their momentum long term. How often should I book matches with wrestlers on the same level?

On a similar note, does a new company need to have a title belt immediately? My momentum issues make me hesitant to establish a title.

In my 2002 WWE game, momentum booking is easier since the roster already has established momentums, but my problem here is getting everyone on TV and people are starting to get mad. Is there any way to do that besides booking 30 man Battle Royals?

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Successful storylines help. I was trying out Global Force Wrestling with no starting roster and had a 4 person NWA Title feud with Chris Sabin (face), Devon (face), Elijah Burke (heel), and Christopher Daniels (heel). I booked them in segments and matches that actually made the majority of them look good in the storyline. I decided to run with Chris Sabin for the title, and he came out of that storyline with A+ momentum. I somehow turned him into John Cena, I don't even... The storyline ended with a C+ heat, was up to a B at its peak.

I found that you don't want a guy losing to people lower on momentum, it can really kill theirs and it becomes hard to recover. Good quality matches help build momentum (in relative terms of the company, if you're D- then having matches in the C/C+ range are really good), same with segments.

Think of it like this. You have Arn Anderson who's won 5 matches in a row, and you want Ricky Steamboat who's lost his last 3 matches to go over Arn for whatever reason. Ricky's C or D momentum will increase a little bit because he just knocked off a strong opponent, but Arn's momentum will take a big hit because he just lost to a guy who really wasn't on a streak. Even if you gave Arn his win back the next show, he'd still be worse off than he started. Essentially the momentum system will leech more momentum than it dishes out, unless you have a really solid storyline or match.

If you find yourself running out of momentum for all your wrestlers, consider turning people. I think gimmick changes may also affect momentum as well.

Of course take this all with a grain of salt, I barely play the game, but that's what I've noticed in my couple of plays. I completely screwed Sabin's A+ momentum trying to bring up Elijah Burke. Sabin dropped down to a B+ during that and Elijah Burke is at a C+ now. I should have used Devon to build Burke to Sabin's level and then start the feud.

e: If you don't have enough time for the majority of the roster and keep storylines running, it might be best to cut some people free or look into more time for your events if you can swing it. I had everyone at positive morale on my GFW roster running 2 shows a week (One TV and one event). As for titles, putting people with low momentum in the title picture can backfire on you.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 25, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Are the CAWS in MyCareer mode pulled from the internet? Haven't fought against caws /random gen people since WWF Attitude. Although I only see the same 3, they should of totally used the internet/servers to pull a random person each time. How cool would that be if you're doing house shows on the road.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah momentum is really hard to manage in TEW 13, I find. Everyone ends up around D or C, the only thing that really spikes things is storylines.

Sometimes I can give someone a Goldberg push of nothing but squashes and build them up, but unless you're making someone win all the time their momentum suffers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

Are the CAWS in MyCareer mode pulled from the internet? Haven't fought against caws /random gen people since WWF Attitude. Although I only see the same 3, they should of totally used the internet/servers to pull a random person each time. How cool would that be if you're doing house shows on the road.

It's supposed to pull guys from people on your friends list, otherwise there's a handful of pregenerated CAWs they use.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
More TEW questions: What do storylines even "do"? Do they give heat bonuses while the guys are in it? Do they give one-time bumps when you end them, like in EWR? Is ending them through the menu itself the only way to do it instead of there being an EWR-like blowoff match?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Nerokerubina posted:

More TEW questions: What do storylines even "do"? Do they give heat bonuses while the guys are in it? Do they give one-time bumps when you end them, like in EWR? Is ending them through the menu itself the only way to do it instead of there being an EWR-like blowoff match?

From what I can tell, the only noticeable bump comes from when you press the "end storyline" button.

It's not a guaranteed bump though. It hinges on the rating of the storyline. If you end it when the storyline has a "F" rating, it could hurt the people involved. Also you can look at the details to see if guys in the storyline are looking good or bad in the story itself.

There is no "end feud" option to a match, you have to do it in the storylines panel.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I just put all my divisions in separate storylines to satisfy the requirements and then never touch them except to update them as workers move between my divisions.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Does worker or company popularity factor into momentum either? I know angles affect them since I gave Bobby Duncum an introduction and he has B- momentum.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Who else is excited for Damien Mizdow cards?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dreamsicle posted:

Does worker or company popularity factor into momentum either? I know angles affect them since I gave Bobby Duncum an introduction and he has B- momentum.
It's a bit hard to tell because everything is interconnected - card position is a de facto bracketing system for momentum, more or less, but it's also determined by relative popularity in your roster (most popular end up on high card, etc). So by the transitive property, popularity does largely affect initial momentum. But winning is crucial.

What you'll see is that momentum is both zero-sum and lossy - that is to say, match outcomes affect momentum but tend not to do so cleanly. You can't really pull a 1-2-3 Kid scenario and put a nobody over a high card guy to make him instantly. The further apart two opponents are in momentum, the lesser the effect of the match. If the high-momentum guy loses, he loses a lot of it while the low-momentum guy gains modestly. If he wins, his momentum will barely shift or it might even drop (it definitely will if wrestler popularity is given primacy over performance, since the jobber's heat will be nil and drag the match and its star down). One thing people have noticed is that this makes squashes / dominations a trap option - you need a guy with fantastic menace scores to even have a chance of being put over by them.

So basically, as someone far upthread said, you have to book in a Machiavellian fashion. Maintaining and gaining momentum without doing so at the expense of other wrestlers is a fine art. It can be done, but you have to book to match wrestlers' strengths. So if you have two technicians in a feud, putting them in an all-out pure match can help both guys. But with default options penalizing repetition and a diverse roster with a WWE-style product, that's more or less impossible to do all the time.

You have to think of the card positions as cogs in a machine, turning in sync. Main event guys with pushes beat main event guys without them, who beat upper midcarders with momentum, who beat those without, who beat midcarders with momentum, who beat those without and so on. This distributes roster heat up the chain and you'll have a rigid, stable main event scene that draws in no time. Pulling guys up the card is another, more delicate thing.

Besides size concerns, this is a reason why running a smaller, PWG-style fed is preferable in your early TEW experience. Rating matches by performance is a LOT easier and lets you get guys over solely on skills. In sports entertainment feds, skill doesn't matter, popularity does, and popularity is built very gradually through careful booking

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 25, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can't really pull a 1-2-3 Kid scenario and put a nobody over a high card guy to make him instantly.

That's one thing that really bums me out about TEW. I wish it was something where there is a X% chance of getting someone really over quickly by putting them in a program with a main event guy.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

That's one thing that really bums me out about TEW. I wish it was something where there is a X% chance of getting someone really over quickly by putting them in a program with a main event guy.

Yeah, I wish it did that. All it does is drag down the main eventer. It's hard to elevate people and takes good, consistent booking to do it. I know, I know, just like in real life.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

smashpro1 posted:

Who else is excited for Damien Mizdow cards?

I'm hoping the update doesn't go live in the next few hours. I'm in the finals of a Legendary KOTR and I'd love to get one last guaranteed pair of cards.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Besides size concerns, this is a reason why running a smaller, PWG-style fed is preferable in your early TEW experience.

I actually learned this part the hard way in my '85 save. Starting a new company means no TV deals and since everyone but me in my home region has a TV deal, I lose all of the regional battles.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Started playing Supercard after a 2 week hiatus, instantly addicted again. Not sure about the falling leaves. Why do we think Pairs in the KOTR Final are disappearing? Has that been said somewhere official? Makes no sense, because then why would you even bother entering KOTRs realistically?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

incredible bear posted:

Started playing Supercard after a 2 week hiatus, instantly addicted again. Not sure about the falling leaves. Why do we think Pairs in the KOTR Final are disappearing? Has that been said somewhere official? Makes no sense, because then why would you even bother entering KOTRs realistically?

There have been tweets and comments from the developers talking about rebalancing the game and rewards specifically. Belief here is that Exhibition drops will get better and there won't be a pair for just getting to KOTR finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

triplexpac posted:

Another big problem is that there's a huge gap between indy stars and total nobodies when for a big company it shouldn't really matter. Exposing Chris Sabin to a WWE audience and building him up wouldn't be that much easier than building up a "0 overness" guy.