Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I need a game that plays like a Platinum*Games production, or at least a high-action setting for FAE. I'm terrible at writing adventures unless I totally wing it. Suggestions, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
This is kind of a generic answer to this question, but have you checked out Dungeon World? My DW games tend to operate on a similar level of ridiculousness as Platinumgames games.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Sade posted:

This is kind of a generic answer to this question, but have you checked out Dungeon World? My DW games tend to operate on a similar level of ridiculousness as Platinumgames games.
I love the rules-light approach of DW. I like the playbook wrangling/selection less. I guess FAE is really what I want.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Captain Walker posted:

I love the rules-light approach of DW. I like the playbook wrangling/selection less. I guess FAE is really what I want.

Yeah, FATE of any flavor really is about as insane as the group decides it is. Its scaling is arbitrary enough that you can be like, "Well I guess if we're being real about your particular character, it's probably only about a Good(+3) difficulty to throw that car..."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So I started a game of Microlite20, which is a simplified version of 3.x/OGL rules, but it seems that I completely neglected to factor in how treasure/loot is supposed to work in that system.

I'm used to the OSR system of a monster being tied back to a particular "hoard type" or "treasure level" and you just look that up. I tried reading through the d20 SRD and even the PF SRD, but all I can find are some tables about "wealth per level".

Near as I can tell, killing dudes in d20 drops gold, and then you buy stuff with that gold, going all the way up to Masterwork weapons and +5 armor and whatnot. I'm not even really looking for random drop tables, just a listing of level-appropriate loot from which I can pick out the interesting/relevant items myself, but I just keep seeing lists of affixes as if it were Diablo.

Help? I always could of course just mine other books for inspiration to make up loot myself, but I wanted to see how it's supposed to work natively because maybe I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
There's a massive pile of free microlite pdf's here, there must be something of use there?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually using that exact compilation file :)

All of them recommend looking at the d20 SRD for items to convert over, but besides mentions of +1/+2/+3 swords and armor the are no specifics, and especially how to drop them, and I can't figure out how the original 3.5 does it either.

But I know that there has to be a method, considering there are online random treasure generators for d20/3.5 and even Microlite itself

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Iirc, the srd doesn't have the actual treasure generation rules for some reason, and you would also need the DMG to get that. However, I also think the rules in that were bad, so you might be better off just building the treasures yourself with the wealth by level guidelines.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

AlphaDog posted:

Instead, you could have a track (an actual physical track with a counter on it works really well for all kinds of stuff) and move the counter back when certain things are achieved in-game.

So "cast a spell" moves the track X points towards "insane". X could be determined by the spell, be a flat "2 points per spell", or whatever. When a monster is killed, a cult is stopped, booze is consumed, or whatever else, move the track Y points towards "sane".

You could even have a track with varying effects depending on how far along you are.

code:

Fine     |      Shaky     |    Crazy   | Insane|
_x_ _x_ _x_ | _x_ _x_ _x_ _x_| _x_ _x_ _x_| (out) |

This sounds like a pretty good idea, I'll try it out tonight. Thanks.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

gradenko_2000 posted:

So I started a game of Microlite20, which is a simplified version of 3.x/OGL rules, but it seems that I completely neglected to factor in how treasure/loot is supposed to work in that system.

I'm used to the OSR system of a monster being tied back to a particular "hoard type" or "treasure level" and you just look that up. I tried reading through the d20 SRD and even the PF SRD, but all I can find are some tables about "wealth per level".

Near as I can tell, killing dudes in d20 drops gold, and then you buy stuff with that gold, going all the way up to Masterwork weapons and +5 armor and whatnot. I'm not even really looking for random drop tables, just a listing of level-appropriate loot from which I can pick out the interesting/relevant items myself, but I just keep seeing lists of affixes as if it were Diablo.

Help? I always could of course just mine other books for inspiration to make up loot myself, but I wanted to see how it's supposed to work natively because maybe I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I don't actually have a real answer to your question, but when I did Microlite20 I just gave my players some random poo poo when I noticed they were sort of struggling. Some sort of sword, a breastplate made of thorns that had a 50% chance of hurting the attacker for 1 damage, an enchanted disguise kit that when put on someone's face remembers that face for later use as a disguise. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't help you at all, really. My group of players wasn't really too concerned with how good their loot was, just that it sounded cool and that it was new. I also would try and put in some sort of random stuff in the treasure to see what they would do with it.

Actually, can we turn this into odd loot chat? What weird poo poo do you give your players? Things that could be useful could be not. I just love these sorts of things, and really, so do my players. I want to steal your items to give to my players.

A waterskin that pours out a different liquid each time
leather boots that make you hover an inch off the ground
an invisible rope
a flask of silver liquid that's actually a pet puddle. It can't really understand but it wants to help so bad
a healing mace (first hit does 1d8 damage, next hit heals for however much damage it did the first time)
2 rings that let you teleport somewhere you've been in the past day, once per day. Both wearers are teleported.
A mask shaped like a dragon's face that amplifies the wearer's voice whether they want to or not.
A large egg that could hatch some sort of babby creature. Said creature is pretty much harmless but could be stolen as part of a hook
A shepherd's crook that summons a 1d6 spectral sheep that do nothing but block the way (Whaddup Pixel Dungeon?)
A flask labelled "Monster Repellent" that does nothing. Some characters might be able to tell that.
Shield that looks like a face. The open mouth looks completely black.
A bottomless quiver. Anything stuffed into the mouth of the ^shield^ plops out of the quiver and vice versa.
Two semi-spheres with a dog head inscribed into each. When put together summons two Anubis type creatures that attack the nearest thing.
Stones with a lightning bolt carved on them. When "activated" they induce short term amnesia.
A giant bird call. Maybe it works.
Oversized skillet with the words "Come n get it, puddin'" engraved in the bottom (I think I got this from here somewhere?)
A standard gold coin that has two "heads" sides.
A box of "I want whatever's inside the box" From Oglaf. nsfw
Scroll of summon evil clone. Creates an evil twin type character of whoever uses it. Clone disappears after however long. You decide.
Amulet of Stench. It puts out an awful smell around the wearer, but the wearer can't tell.
Large net. Whatever is caught inside screams out in agony, but they're not harmed at all.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Only drop parts of Vecna, chainsaw arms and decks of many things.

You know, have fun, see what happens.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

God Of Paradise posted:

Only drop parts of Vecna, chainsaw arms and decks of many things.

You know, have fun, see what happens.

I'm sometimes tempted to, something like 3 sessions into a campaign, go really off the rails and start having them find really weird poo poo along these specific lines. Just come up with a whole list of lesser known pieces of Vecna, because it's not like that guy needs a physical body any more. You know, really give the one party member who insisted on being a necromancer something exciting to do with his life.

Toupee of Vecna. Right Lower Molar of Vecna. Just scatter bits and pieces of Vecna around the campaign world, and now it's like the Dragon Balls. Only you only get one specific wish, and that wish is to surgically modify yourself into a gross corpse-man with the power of a god.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 24, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The only really neat loot we got was during a rotating DM campaign that I talked about months ago in the Cat Piss thread. It was a teleportation skull; smash the skull in your hand and it'll teleport you instantly to wherever you're thinking of within a certain radius.

During the second turn DMing by the campaign creator's really creepy and morbidly obese autistic cousin, we completed a pretty lovely labyrinth and at the end were confronted by a wizard who denied us the MacGuffin piece of magical armor we were looking for unless we were only taking it for reasons other than personal gain (which obviously is why we wanted it). So the campaign creator picked up the skull, envisioned the solid rock above our underground labyrinth, and smashed the wizard in the face with it.

It was a double and the real wizard came out to fight us.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

chitoryu12 posted:

It was a double and the real wizard came out to fight us.

I would have flipped the table. That's an awesome dumb way to kill a guy.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rotten Cookies posted:

Actually, can we turn this into odd loot chat? What weird poo poo do you give your players? Things that could be useful could be not. I just love these sorts of things, and really, so do my players. I want to steal your items to give to my players.

Random crap I've thrown at my PCs in the past:

*Sword of Subdual: A blunt sword +3 that deals only subdual damage
*Amulet of Love: Gives the wearer defensive bonuses, but only as long as someone, somewhere, truly loves them
*Dagger of Vulnerability: A blade whose magical bonuses can go from +1 to +5, but will multiply any damage taken while the dagger is wielded by the bonus (so if it's a dagger +3, all incoming damage is multiplied by 3)
*Salve of Concealment: rubbing this non-magical salve onto your skin gives you stealth bonuses, but it cannot be removed for two days
*Spring-Heeled Boots: useful in games using a tactical map. Doubles movement speed, but movement must be in multiples of 4; if a dude is three inches/hexes/squares/whatever away, you cannot get into melee range. For grid-based maps, a fun variant is one that forces you to move like a chess knight.
*Ring of Floating: like a Ring of Flying, but the wearer has no magical propulsion; they just bob in the air like a balloon.
*Banzai Bonsai: a small bonsai tree. When attached to someone's helmet they gain a powerful charge attack ability. Note that it still must be cared for; if the tree dies, the ability is lost.
*A Magic Hat. Four times per day, you can pull an ordinary, non-magical rabbit out of it. Turning the hat inside-out renders the hat nonmagical for one year, but infests the nearest croplands or farming community with hungry rabbits.
*Amulet of Irresistability: For that One Guy who can't stop trying to have his character sleep with all the available ladies. Boosts the wearer's Charisma to nigh-godly levels, but curses him so that anyone who is sexually interested in him appears, to him, to have a Charisma of 3.
*Wineskin of Plenty: Magically replenished every day. Produces up to eight glasses of wine per day. Always produces a variety of wine that does not pair well with whatever meal you're having.
*Ring of Satiation: Makes the wearer feel full, and eliminates any mechanical penalties from hunger. However, the GM keeps track of the last time the PC ate; it is still possible to starve to death.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

*Wineskin of Plenty: Magically replenished every day. Produces up to eight glasses of wine per day. Always produces a variety of wine that does not pair well with whatever meal you're having.

#firstworldproblems

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
There was an item from 7th Sea I liked a lot. It was a magical tankard and tap. If you tapped a keg or barrel it would transport the contents to the tankard regardless of distance.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

I would have flipped the table. That's an awesome dumb way to kill a guy.

I posted the entire story of that game in the Cat Piss thread back in the spring. Long story short, it was a mess. Scott (the guy who created the campaign) wanted to give everyone a chance to DM, partly because he wanted to turn his campaign world into a proper Pathfinder sourcebook and it was easier to get other people to help out in world building than do it all himself. So he created a quest based around collecting pieces of magic armor once worn by a famous warrior that ascended to godhood (with the twist being that the seemingly evil baron sending us out to collect the armor was the reincarnated warrior trying to get his suit back to save the realm from a northern undead invasion that most definitely wasn't stolen from A Song of Ice and Fire).

Unfortunately, his cousin Nathaniel was visiting and had to be included. About a decade older than the rest of us (we weren't even 20 at the time this happened), very obviously autistic even though we never got told directly, so obese that he could barely make it up a flight of stairs and seemed to have trouble with doorways, and creepy and perverted in ways that you never saw coming. He had never played tabletop RPGs before, but had played The Elder Scrolls IV a lot and tried to play the game similarly (like trying to steal a boat by crouching openly on the dock for "stealth" and sniping a fisherman with a bow). He also lacked creativity and a lot of his content was either generic as hell or taken from existing media.

The post is here if you want to read the whole thing, but one of the highlights was Nathaniel having the hideous Baron of Many Appetites's chambermaid try and slip my barbarian a mickey while he was in the baron's library and announced a town-wide orgy as we were leaving on our quest.

quote:

*Spring-Heeled Boots: useful in games using a tactical map. Doubles movement speed, but movement must be in multiples of 4; if a dude is three inches/hexes/squares/whatever away, you cannot get into melee range. For grid-based maps, a fun variant is one that forces you to move like a chess knight.

Can't you engage in melee if someone is one square/hex away in most systems? If they're 3 units away, you can bound past and land directly behind them; as long as you don't fail any requisite rolls upon landing, they now need to turn around to try and engage you. Depending on how things work out regarding stats and attacking after movement, you could potentially strike them in the back as soon as you land.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 24, 2014

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My favorite piece of unconventional loot that I gave to my players was a stuffed and mounted Mindflayer they found in a purple dragon's lair. It still radiated a latent psychic field. They ended up taking it to their airship where the Artificer in the party rigged it up as a robotic bartender.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Super Waffle posted:

My favorite piece of unconventional loot that I gave to my players was a stuffed and mounted Mindflayer they found in a purple dragon's lair. It still radiated a latent psychic field. They ended up taking it to their airship where the Artificer in the party rigged it up as a robotic bartender.

That's awesome. A robotic mind flayer that slings booze.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm running a goodbye game tomorrow, as I will be leaving my current group (alas!). Is there any super-simple system available? I'd like to run a fun one-shot for them. If you all don't have anything maybe I'll just home-brew up something using a deck of cards.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

VanSandman posted:

I'm running a goodbye game tomorrow, as I will be leaving my current group (alas!). Is there any super-simple system available? I'd like to run a fun one-shot for them. If you all don't have anything maybe I'll just home-brew up something using a deck of cards.

Risus, Dungeon World, Fate Accelerated Edition, maybe even Everyone is John?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Hey all.

I'm looking to run a Demon: the Descent game over hangouts and was trying to see if there was any general advice about digital tools. I'll probably use roll20 but it's not really optimized for nWoD2.0 and I didn't want to spend hours reinventing the wheel if there's a decent package out there for it. I tried querying the WoD thread for advice but my question was swiftly buried in other chat, so I was hoping there might be a fellow e-gamer online who can answer me.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Anyone have any advice on how to insert a new PC?

Currently the party is going through a dungeon, a spatial 4 dimensional representation of places and rooms in a 3 dimensional space. Where they visit parts of their past and present to hunt down the bad guy who is stealing all of these rooms and hoarding them in this multi-dimensional prison.

We had one player permanently drop out and we're adding a new guy who hasn't had much D&D experience. Basically it feels really weird to randomly insert him into these rooms I've had built, and the guy is too new to really have a good RP skill to join the party. Any suggestions besides just brute forcing him into one of the rooms?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OfChristandMen posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to insert a new PC?

Currently the party is going through a dungeon, a spatial 4 dimensional representation of places and rooms in a 3 dimensional space. Where they visit parts of their past and present to hunt down the bad guy who is stealing all of these rooms and hoarding them in this multi-dimensional prison.

We had one player permanently drop out and we're adding a new guy who hasn't had much D&D experience. Basically it feels really weird to randomly insert him into these rooms I've had built, and the guy is too new to really have a good RP skill to join the party. Any suggestions besides just brute forcing him into one of the rooms?

Sounds like this dungeon is the perfect place to brute-force him into a room, to be honest. The party encounters a mysterious stranger who is "lost in time and space" and the rest kind of deals with itself.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
New pc was a prisoner, maybe they'd been captured in an earlier delve? Or someone an existing pc already knows, who got dragged out of their past along with the room - "Will? But you went missing years... ago..."

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 4, 2014

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

petrol blue posted:

New pc was a prisoner, maybe they'd been captured in an earlier delve? Or someone an existing pc already knows, who got dragged out of their past along with the room - "Will? But you went missing years... ago..."

New PC is from half an hour in the future, first words out of his mouth "But I saw you guys die three rooms ago!"

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

NinjaDebugger posted:

New PC is from half an hour in the future, first words out of his mouth "But I saw you guys die three rooms ago!"

This is an awesome hook. New PC wandering the hallways freaks out "What?! I was traveling with you for the past 3 days... And I just saw you all die."

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

HatfulOfHollow posted:

This is an awesome hook. New PC wandering the hallways freaks out "What?! I was traveling with you for the past 3 days... And I just saw you all die."

Agreed, thank you Ninja Debugger, this works really well.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HatfulOfHollow posted:

YES. This is brilliant.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
I need tips for running a huge battle.
My goal is to throw the characters into a frenzied melee between 20+ NPCs, without having everything slow to a crawl while I take 20+ turns.

Some context:

A powerful sorcerer has surrounded the PCs' city with an army of mind-controlled soldiers. On the eve of his arrival, the sorcerer offers the King a chance to surrender. Basically "allow me to possess you and rule through your body, or I'll take your city by force and dominate your citizens anyway."
The King has no choice, but he has a plan. When the sorcerer begins the possession, the King jams a dagger into his own forehead, fatally wounding the sorcerer through the spell's psychic connection.
This sends a shockwave of confusion through the entire evil army, giving the PCs a chance to save the city.

The battle laid out below takes place between the sorcerer's elite squad sent to oversee the possession, and the King's court & guards.

How would you handle something like this?
I'm guessing some kind of mechanic that involves groups taking turns en masse, but I'm not sure how to implement that specifically.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
What system?

Generally I'd wind up either massing the various groups into single creatures (D&D 4e swarms) or abstracting the majority of the fight (the guards fight the enemy guards, the outcome is decided by the PCs duelling the enemy leaders).

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
In 13th Age, for large mook swarms I've started giving them "group attacks" where several can give up their actions to grant a more powerful attack to another.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
4e.

PublicOpinion posted:

In 13th Age, for large mook swarms I've started giving them "group attacks" where several can give up their actions to grant a more powerful attack to another.
This is a neat idea! And it plays into these mind-linked enemies "fighting as one."

Here's what it might look like at the end of round 1.

One of the two Gold Helms hustling the Queen inside to safety, the nobles and their retainers trying to escape as well.
Redshirt good guys brawling on the sides, while the Baddie Captain duels the remaining Goldhelm.
Giant Warforged advancing to assist Baddie Captain, and crush the group of Redshirts on the right.
PCs in the middle. Haven't tried to guess their actions.

The nobles might join the battle if the PCs look like they're losing, or if the PCs can convince them to help.
I also want an artillery round from a large cannon outside the city to demolish part of the castle, trapping the queen or cutting off her retreat.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
20+ npcs in 4e sounds very close to my idea of hell.

I guess you'll need some sort of mob rule - even if you simplified to one roll per npc, that's going to take a lot of time, for movement if nothing else - opportunity attacks will be a bitch.

Other option might be to represent the battle as an environmental hazard, the battle lines do x damage to anyone starting a turn adjacent, though admittedly that loses a lot of the flavour.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Not exactly sure where to ask this, but I figure here's good enough. For our next campaign, my wife wants to play a game with "sexy blue aliens." I need a space-opera RPG, but I'm not too familiar with the genre. I just finished a custom campaign, and I'm not looking to really create an entire new setting myself, so I'd ideally like to find something with a good established setting. I'm not opposed to some crunch, but I'm probably not going to be designing detailed floor plans for every spaceship and playing space quartermaster/accountant. It should have rules for squad-based ground combat as well as ship combat as well as mechanics for trading/social stuff.

Things I'm looking for in an ideal system:
  • Established setting
  • Moderate amount of crunch
  • Star system maps
  • Lists of example weapons, upgrades, implants, etc
  • Ground combat rules
  • Space combat rules
  • Trading rules
  • Social rules

I was looking at Traveller, one of the few systems I know of, just because it has an extremely impressive star map. But I'm not familiar with the system and I don't know if it's too crunchy. Likewise with Rogue Trader, although I haven't seen a good set of system maps like Traveller has, though. Any others I should be considering? I'm not opposed to putting out some money for core books and supplements, so don't hold back.

Also, is there a good hex-based mapping program for star systems out there? I want something that gives me a grid of hexes, I click, plop down a new system and give it a name.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Look at Stars without Numbers. Even if you don't end up playing it, the world generation will help. You can crank out vast star system maps.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

PublicOpinion posted:

In 4E that's pretty much what Aid Attack does. As a standard action you pick a creature and give one ally a +2 bonus to one attack against them before the end of your next turn, cumulative up to +8.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Look at Stars without Numbers. Even if you don't end up playing it, the world generation will help. You can crank out vast star system maps.

Have a look at Pirates of Drinax; it's free, and it's one of the best directed-sandbox adventures I've ever played. It's Mongoose Traveller, which is a nice level of crunch apart from space combat (which gets a bit fiddly with more than two ships). Mongoose Traveller has an online SRD so you can check out the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

My Lovely Horse posted:

In 4E that's pretty much what Aid Attack does. As a standard action you pick a creature and give one ally a +2 bonus to one attack against them before the end of your next turn, cumulative up to +8.

It's a bit more work but I like to give them specific attacks, like if three mechanical hands grab one guy they can lift him up and drop him into the acid vat or four spiders crawling on someone can work together and completely encase her in webs.