Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Delsaber posted:

Wolf 359 was an inside job. Ask questions.

These are the adventures of the USS starship Toblerone Triangular, its five-year mission to explore strange, new conspiracies. To seek out the truth, and expose the insects-in-spines dominating Starfleet command. To boldly ostracize itself from common society!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think you'll find that Wolf 359 was actually about ethics in Starfleet journalism. :smug:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

These are the adventures of the USS starship Toblerone Triangular, its five-year mission to explore strange, new conspiracies. To seek out the truth, and expose the insects-in-spines dominating Starfleet command. To boldly ostracize itself from common society!

This reminded me of Enterprise Mission, which is apparently still online. :psyduck:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Metal Loaf posted:

I think you'll find that Wolf 359 was actually about ethics in Starfleet journalism. :smug:

*sends a semi-articulate anonymous subspace rape threat message to Jake Sisko.*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dad, the Ferengi sent 14,000 wrappages of yamok sauce to the station again in my name.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Holy poo poo just when I thought Neelix couldn't be any more unappealing he gets a sunburn and then a dang rash. What a pathetic, gross dude. Really though I was strongly expecting to hate Tsunkatse but it was pretty enjoyable. Jeffrey Combs will always be the best Trek guest actor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I wish that my inner monologue shifted from the voices of Jeffrey Combs, Patrick Stuart and David Warner based on my mood.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Live in Philadelphia? You may be interested in this.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I wish that my inner monologue shifted from the voices of Jeffrey Combs, Patrick Stuart and David Warner based on my mood.

What moods would those be?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

What moods would those be?

Awesome, bad at spelling, and sinister.

I don't care if those aren't all moods.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I can't believe I spelled Mr. Stewart's name wrong. I am so loving ashamed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I can't believe I spelled Mr. Stewart's name wrong. I am so loving ashamed.

Do you tell yourself that in the third person while doing the Stewart voice?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
No, that one was a Warner voice.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

No, that one was a Warner voice.

Warner will for me be forever the rear end in a top hat wizard who kidnaps Imoen and then steals both our souls.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My mood for Warner is "cratchity"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

Warner will for me be forever the rear end in a top hat wizard who kidnaps Imoen and then steals both our souls.

Your effort is admirable but your conclusions misguided, detective.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Nebakenezzer posted:

But...HE'S A DELTA KNIGHT! Surely he can't be that bad!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

McSpanky posted:

Your effort is admirable but your conclusions misguided, detective.

I love Warner's voice for Ra's. There's this really powerful quiet authority behind him, as you might expect from a man who's lived for hundreds of years.

And then there's Warner in Final Frontier, looking like a homeless man :allears:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Roadie posted:

Michael Piller, one of the writers on Insurrection, wrote a really interesting book about the process of Insurrection being put together that does a lot to show how it all went so wrong in the end.

The book got shot down because of Paramount and left unpublished but you can find copies on the internet.
Thanks for this, I'm under half of the way through but both of the early synopses they've included so far are much better ideas than we got and I'm curious to see who makes it go all wrong.

Trent posted:

I doooooont understand
I may be the last person to realize this, but I only recently discovered that's Dwight Schrute.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Ah yes I'd forgotten about DS9's "Body Parts", where Quark asks Garak to kill him and Garak could not be more into it.

I love you Garak.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Wonder if I can use the free tickets I got for supporting their Kickstarter on this...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I love Warner's voice for Ra's. There's this really powerful quiet authority behind him, as you might expect from a man who's lived for hundreds of years.

And then there's Warner in Final Frontier, looking like a homeless man :allears:

The best Warner in DCAU was in Batman Beyond. Holy poo poo is he terrifying in that one.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Dont forget Warner also played the villian Alpha in the excellent Men in Black cartoon.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

bobkatt013 posted:

The best Warner in DCAU was in Batman Beyond. Holy poo poo is he terrifying in that one.

Don't forget Warner also played Jon Irenicus in BG2, which was honestly his best role, though I love him everywhere.

I do wish we had more Jeffrey Combs in, well, everything. Whenever Weyoun or Brunt are around you know it's going to be a great episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Shran too.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

William Shatner did the opening song for Squidbillies in last night's episode.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6327478/william-shatner-squidbillies

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mister Adequate posted:

Don't forget Warner also played Jon Irenicus in BG2, which was honestly his best role

He certainly elevated the material the most

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Thanks for this, I'm under half of the way through but both of the early synopses they've included so far are much better ideas than we got and I'm curious to see who makes it go all wrong.

I may be the last person to realize this, but I only recently discovered that's Dwight Schrute.

you're definitely not the last since I didn't realize until you said it just now...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

TNG Blu-rays are super cheap right now.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...rcent-off/19581

quote:

Amazon is selling 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1' for $19.99, 'Season 2' for $31.99, 'Season 3' for $31.67, 'Season 4' for $31.67, 'Season 5' for $31.29, and 'Season 6' for $31.91.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Mister Adequate posted:

I do wish we had more Jeffrey Combs in, well, everything. Whenever Weyoun or Brunt are around you know it's going to be a great episode.

He was even pretty great in The Secret World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcl0O8SF9dk

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

~my boyfriend~ and I just started watching Farscape. What's a good list of episodes to watch, and to skip?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Echo Video posted:

~my boyfriend~ and I just started watching Farscape. What's a good list of episodes to watch, and to skip?

Watch all skip none.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Skip all watch none.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Skip all watch none.

WRONG!

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Echo Video posted:

Watch all of them, but you should probably just like mute the TV and bone for 45 minutes when Jeremiah Crichton comes on instead of paying attention to it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Punch Card posted:

Watch all of them, but you should probably just like mute the TV and bone for 45 minutes when Jeremiah Crichton comes on instead of paying attention to it.

I've never seen Farscape but I feel like this advice will stay with me forever.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Honestly Farscape is pretty hit and miss. Generally if the episode concept doesn't grab you by the titles it isn't worth bothering with.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
If it has scorpio or harvey you watch. You sit down and watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If it has Jool, you will be severely irritated. The episode may still be good, but be prepared to have your blood pressure spike repeatedly.

• Locked thread