Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Confession, the Piccolo/Nail/Kami comedy hour is probably my favourite part of DBZ Abridged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

YggiDee posted:

Confession, the Piccolo/Nail/Kami comedy hour is probably my favourite part of DBZ Abridged.

I want them to keep Nail and Kami around for the rest of the series. The 17/Piccolo fight could be AMAZING.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I want Super Buu to absorb Piccolo and then wonder why Nail and Kami are talking in his head.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I want Super Buu to absorb Piccolo and then wonder why Nail and Kami are talking in his head.

I'm excited for this too. Suddenly Buu's got three namekians going on and on in his head, trash talking him while Vegeto is beating him to a pulp.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hell, we still don't know whether 17 and 18 will become Cell's peanut gallery or not.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

carry on then posted:

Hell, we still don't know whether 17 and 18 will become Cell's peanut gallery or not.

I'm going to be very disappointed if they aren't. They've been great so far, and having them peanut gallery his fights would be priceless.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There is at least a point where Cell talks using 17's voice, so I imagine they could do something with that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm excited for this too. Suddenly Buu's got three namekians going on and on in his head, trash talking him while Vegeto is beating him to a pulp.

And three Saiyans too! Six voices!

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There is at least a point where Cell talks using 17's voice, so I imagine they could do something with that.

Really? That's super creepy. Must have blocked that one out when I was ten.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AGirlWonder posted:

Really? That's super creepy. Must have blocked that one out when I was ten.

Yup. Tries to convince 18 to let him absorb her to be with her brother, fulfill Gero's wishes, etc. It doesn't take.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
More dragon ball xenoverse pre-order bonuses announced: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman as a playable character and a Master Roshi costume set for your create-a-character with "puff puff" emote

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And of course it costs 70 bucks US for Australians to buy on the Australian Steam store which comes to 80 bucks Australian. Guess I'll be buying it using a VPN or through another site.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman as a playable character

This news actually makes me hype. Why does this news make me hype?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

GOTY

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Why, oh why, do they go for that glossy look?

It looks like a Wii game. :sigh:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Webbeh posted:

Why, oh why, do they go for that glossy look?

It looks like a Wii game. :sigh:

...yep, those two screenshots look exactly like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it's terrible because it's a similar cartoony shading style. Dang. Guess I won't play this game. :jerkbag:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I like it. :3: Of course, it might look unpleasant in motion.

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Abridged 16 is the best and I can't wait for him to come back later.

His fight with Cell and the resulting dialogue is going to be the stuff dreams are made of.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Xad posted:

...yep, those two screenshots look exactly like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it's terrible because it's a similar cartoony shading style. Dang. Guess I won't play this game. :jerkbag:

I think the first Raging Blast looked the best.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Goku was really hungry in that fight and then Yamchu just gives up, even after coming to the next tournament, he just seems Goku fight once and then throws his hands up and give up.

He didn't give up, he saw Bulma and ran for it since he was still afraid of women.

Squallege posted:

I think the first Raging Blast looked the best.

Yeah, that actually looks like a cartoon, I hate the shading in most other games though, it makes them look like plastic dolls.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think a lot of it is the lighting. DBZ didn't do anything fancy with its lighting.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Abridged is out on YouTube. I don't know if they put them on their site early still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWyGjxVLXo

Spoilers: It's great as usual.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
All of their voice actors are usually great and their voices are normally pretty distinctive, but Dr. Brief's first line just sounds like Anderson, including the accent.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Aurain posted:

New Abridged is out on YouTube. I don't know if they put them on their site early still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUWyGjxVLXo

Spoilers: It's great as usual.

Yeah, it went up on their site a couple of days ago. Still amazing.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Petiso posted:

Yeah, that actually looks like a cartoon, I hate the shading in most other games though, it makes them look like plastic dolls.

I hope everything copies Guilty Gear Xrd really soon. It's hard to believe it's polygonal sometimes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Szmitten posted:

I hope everything copies Guilty Gear Xrd really soon. It's hard to believe it's polygonal sometimes.

God yeah, I showed my sister some screenshots and she was convinced it was a 2D fighter.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Did you not catch that from it being discussed for like two pages?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Xad posted:

You're right - it's truly a display of next-gen prowess.

When in doubt, add more gloss.

The gloss looks ridiculous. There was a fangame for the PC that showed how to do nextgen DBZ textures right, and it was posted in here recently.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Did you not catch that from it being discussed for like two pages?

reading is difficult

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Anyone not watching TFS's playthrough of Dragonball Z Budokai 3 on their website is seriously missing out. I'm not a fan of their "Character x plays y" series, but the Budokai 3 playthrough is great because they're not in character and the most recent episode (4) is especially hilarious.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, Tien just getting poo poo stomped by Super Boo for half an hour. That's what KaiserNeko gets for dumping all of his stats into Ki.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

In It For The Tank posted:

Anyone not watching TFS's playthrough of Dragonball Z Budokai 3 on their website is seriously missing out. I'm not a fan of their "Character x plays y" series, but the Budokai 3 playthrough is great because they're not in character and the most recent episode (4) is especially hilarious.

There are a few episodes of Renegade for Life which I like, particularly the one where he does that children's adventure game.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There are a few episodes of Renegade for Life which I like, particularly the one where he does that children's adventure game.
I wish I hadn't watched that on first because it made the rest of it look so much worse.

Although the Trials one was great too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I went to watch it and I caught myself typing "Team Fortress" instead of "Team Four Star". Amazing.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Yeah, that one's pretty good. The Krillin ones aren't too bad, especially his run on Alien: Isolation.

That said, I kind of wish they filled more of these DBZ game videos with info about the games instead of "OH poo poo YOU GOT BEAT AGAIN!"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, that one's pretty good. The Krillin ones aren't too bad, especially his run on Alien: Isolation.

That said, I kind of wish they filled more of these DBZ game videos with info about the games instead of "OH poo poo YOU GOT BEAT AGAIN!"

The Dead Space ones were alright too, at least the ones I saw. They definitely realized there needs to be more to it than "Krillin is loving horrified," to be funny for more than a minute.

Here's the Renegade for Life I was talking about, in case anyone doesn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn8DBHnlDxY

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah I could go for a Vegeta LP that is also a Vegeta review, possibly with a # of Raditzes rating at the end.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Szmitten posted:

Mr Popo character development brewing out of nowhere.

Yeah really, especially after Mr. Popo's classic line

"Well, only one thing left to do"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFy0hQ3lY-w

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Dead Space ones were alright too, at least the ones I saw. They definitely realized there needs to be more to it than "Krillin is loving horrified," to be funny for more than a minute.

Yeah, I think Alien: Isolation works because it gives a lot of other problems and puzzles to figure out so they can build off it. As with the main series, it's a learning process and they're getting better.

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I could go for a Vegeta LP that is also a Vegeta review, possibly with a # of Raditzes rating at the end.

Given the Vegeta LPs all tend to be one-off runs too, I think that'd be nice and I don't think it'd be too hard. But, as I've discussed with my friends many times, I tend to watch LPs to learn about the game rather than raw entertainment and Team Four Star overall lean more towards the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Testekill posted:

Yeah, Tien just getting poo poo stomped by Super Boo for half an hour. That's what KaiserNeko gets for dumping all of his stats into Ki.

You dump everything into health first. drat it guys, it's been years since I played the game and I still know that. Also they don't know how to loving block. :argh:

Vegeta playing Goat Simulator was pretty great, though.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 25, 2014

• Locked thread