Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LuftWaffle posted:

There are situations where the best people would be black. Picking cotton or playing cornerback for example.

*Drops mic*

bye

gently caress, I can't deal with this much brutal honesty. You have bested me, and I now wholly accept the superiority of the white race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

LuftWaffle posted:

There are situations where the best people would be black. Picking cotton or playing cornerback for example.

*Drops mic*

bye

Dude dude dude did nobody teach you to code your racism?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

LuftWaffle posted:

*Drops mic*

bye

If you're somehow older than 12, :lol:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
*panting* Sorry I'm late. Is this the thread where the racist numbskull is melting down because his poorly considered opinions are wildly unpopular?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

*panting* Sorry I'm late. Is this the thread where the racist numbskull is melting down because his poorly considered opinions are wildly unpopular?

Um I think he pretty clearly established he's not a racist?

LuftWaffle posted:

Nah

That poo poo's pretty airtight.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LuftWaffle posted:

*Drops mic*

bye

:smuggo:

You know, drop mic actually works when you make a valid point, not where you expose yourself as a moron.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

LuftWaffle posted:

*Drops mic*

bye

Lazy joke aside, I thought modern day racists were more advocates of "we should never have brought them over to begin with, thereby maintaining glorious racial purity" instead because that at least made it sound like they just wanted the black people to go away, not be enslaved :raise:

You seem like you're really half-assing this whole race realist thing, man.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wonder who counts as White in Luftwaffle's eyes. Asians too for that mattter.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

paragon1 posted:

I wonder who counts as White in Luftwaffle's eyes. Asians too for that mattter.

Well apparently white people can't hold onto a microphone.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CommieGIR posted:

:smuggo:

You know, drop mic actually works when you make a valid point, not where you expose yourself as a moron.

At this point I think that was just him admitting he's trolling us and doesn't believe a word of it. Though I'm probably wrong.

Caros
May 14, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

At this point I think that was just him admitting he's trolling us and doesn't believe a word of it. Though I'm probably wrong.

Sadly, I do recall him laying down similar arguments quite a while back. Some people really are just white supremacists, hard as it is to believe.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yeah it's interesting how often the height of trolling ends up being white supremacism.

LuftWaffle posted:

*Drops mic*

bye

no, stop, come back

Do you feel unwelcome or something? We're giving you lots of attention.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Like do Slavs count as white? What about Italians? Spaniards and Portuguese? Irish? Germans? All have been excluded from "whiteness" by bigots at some point or another?

Also interesting to finally see a living example of the "Jews and Asians are almost as good as/honorary whites" breed of scum sucking shithead.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

paragon1 posted:

Like do Slavs count as white? What about Italians? Spaniards and Portuguese? Irish? Germans? All have been excluded from "whiteness" by bigots at some point or another?

Also interesting to finally see a living example of the "Jews and Asians are almost as good as/honorary whites" breed of scum sucking shithead.

If you can pass for white, in the US you are white. Unless you have an accent, and then you're screwed, foreigner.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

LuftWaffle posted:

The government is a product of some group of people. So are the laws. So are the private enterprises like CNN/Fox/MSNBC. So are public enterprises like BBC/NPR. These are all products of the same civilization(s). Everything starts with the people, because everything is the product of people. The government that makes things you like is also a product of people. If you lived in a civilization with lovely people you wouldn't have CNN/Fox/MSNBC OR BBC/NPR, and may not have a real state at all.

This may be the most minor of problems with your posts, but...

LuftWaffle, do you believe that a tool of some level of precision and accuracy can produce something of higher precision and accuracy? Because, well, if not...

http://home.comcast.net/~jaswensen/machines/straight_edge/straight_edge.html

Government is designed specifically to cancel out the individual errors of the people in charge. We use democracy because even if some of the people in charge are shitbags, they can't gently caress everything up. It is a novel idea for reducing the input any one person has so as to allow the best aspects of everyone to be implemented and the worst to be weeded out in a relatively fair and impartial manner. If government depended on the Founding Fathers being literally perfect in every way to make a decent government... well, that would be problematic. But even racist slave-owners can collaborate and form a system that is better than any of them individually, and that can be continually improved.

tl;dr: People handscrape, Therefore government. How's my praexology, Jrode?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"When I was an ancap, I was Not Racist[citation needed], but then I learned to love the State once I realized it was the best way to accomplish my lifeling dreams to keep blackie in his place and ensure the aristocratic rule of the master race!"

Hmmm it's not the same as needling jrod.

Man, it's just not funny when this guy actually is a loving Nazi.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

:stonklol:

Well, this thread took a turn, didn't it? Holy poo poo, white supremacist letting his flag fly proudly. I didn't think anyone would actually come into this thread and just straight up admit to it, but here we loving are. This... was magic.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

Well, this thread took a turn, didn't it? Holy poo poo, white supremacist letting his flag fly proudly. I didn't think anyone would actually come into this thread and just straight up admit to it, but here we loving are. This... was magic.

Pfft look at these plebs that can't read. He obviously said he's not a racist, he is above those dreg :wotwot:. He is an enlightened rasist good sir I'll have you know what for!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TLM3101 posted:

In a free market of ethnicities, those with the most vibrant, healthy characteristics will naturally survive and those with weak, degenerate characteristics will wither away.

Hitler was just trying to be an entrepreneur

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
People need to find a new angle for trolling that isn't just your opinions but louder and with posturing.

Let's try this instead: a libertarian approach is the most efficient method for ensuring the protection of animal rights by not subsidising the fundamentally aggressive act of neutering pets.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

Jokes on us, he was only pretending to be subhuman garbage. :downs:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

icantfindaname posted:

Hitler wasn't a monster. He was just ahead of the curve

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

People need to find a new angle for trolling that isn't just your opinions but louder and with posturing.

Let's try this instead: a libertarian approach is the most efficient method for ensuring the protection of animal rights by not subsidising the fundamentally aggressive act of neutering pets.

You could make a similar argument about circumcision. When the family has to feel the full cost of every single procedure, getting frivolous procedures like getting their kid circumcised would have a larger financial cost tied to it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

If you can pass for white, in the US you are white. Unless you have an accent, and then you're screwed, foreigner.

In my town it is still illegal for Poles to operate oxen between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TLM3101 posted:

I'm not gonna lie, the first and second time I skimmed over his post I totally missed the explicit racism. It was only when it was helpfully bolded for me that I realized that I was missing the stinkiest turd in his poo poo pie.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not gonna lie, the first and second time I skimmed over his post I totally missed the explicit racism. It was only when it was helpfully bolded for me that I realized that I was missing the stinkiest turd in his poo poo pie.

I read through his first post in here once and did a double take, because I couldn't believe I'd read this:

LuftWaffle posted:

[...]
Here's the final truth to all political and economic debate: good folks make good countries. Following from that, the best countries will always be racially homogenous and white/asian/jewish.
[...]

I really was wondering if it was just a slip, or some other point that he'd wanted to make and gotten horribly mangled, but then... Nope! Doubling down hard on the out-and-out racism. The best ( or worst ) thing, though, is that he pretty much explicitly said that he wasn't an an-cap anymore because he wouldn't be able to oppress minorities in an an-cap society.

The mind loving boggles.

edit for really idiotic typo. :doh:

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 25, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

TLM3101 posted:

I read through his forst post in here once and did a double take, because I couldn't believe I'd read this:

I really was wondering if it was just a slip, or some other point that he'd wanted to make and gotten horribly mangled, but then... Nope! Doubling down hard on the out-and-out racism. The best ( or worst ) thing, though, is that he pretty much explicitly said that he wasn't an an-cap anymore because he wouldn't be able to oppress minorities in an an-cap society.

The mind loving boggles.

Well the good news is that it cost him :10bux:

The funny thing is that he is wrong, he would be able to oppress them in An-Cap land, its just that the current crop of An-Capers that he hangs out with have a personal dislike of overt racism. Your rank and file libertarian isn't necessarily racist, even if they hold policies that will hurt people in minority groups. They're just dumb.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

True enough. I will say this for JRodefeld; As much as he's bought into the Hoppe/Rothbard idiocy, I don't think he's racist, even if his proposed solutions to the problem he's seeing ( real and imagined ) would make minorities worse off. His morals and ethics are just obscene in general, rather than having a specific racial animus.

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 25, 2014

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TLM3101 posted:

True enough. I will say this for JRodefeld; As much as he's bought into the Hoppe/Rothbard idiocy, I don't think he's racist

Uhhhh...

jrodefeld posted:

I want to do something a little bit different for a minute. I just listened to an interview Tom Woods did with the economist George Reisman and an article he wrote was brought up that contended that "Western civilization is objectively superior". This is VERY similar to what Hoppe has said, but of course you all chose to categorize that statement as a reflection of racism and white supremacist attitudes.

I think you would be hard pressed to consider Reisman a racist of any sort, but I want you to take a listen to this clip of him speaking about this view. This clip is less than 6 minutes long.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3uissyx5wo4cly/Reisman_Interview.wav?dl=0

I think this is very clarifying in terms of what libertarian thinkers are talking about when they speak of "Western civilization" and the superiority of a culture over another. Surely, you must concede that this view is hardly racist in light of the clarification made by Reisman?

Just saying, Western Civilization is superior and yeah technically the native americans were the first humans to find America but they are objectively inferior so we can all agree that real discovery was made by the first white guy to come along.

This is not racist because my problem with Indians is they're all savages, and racism would be having a problem with their skin color only.

Jrod is racist. About the most generous I could be is to agree that he doesn't personally believe he is racist, because he has an idiosyncratic definition of racism wherein it's not racist if they really are inferior because then his attitude is justified by :airquote:facts:airquote: and racism is disliking someone's skin color and only that.

E: Side note, it's amusing how empirical evidence is unreliable and we must reason all sociological truths out with pure logic as our only guide, except when it comes to the inferiority of non-Anglo cultures and then well hey just look around it's obvious whose race is better :smug:

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 25, 2014

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Jrod is racist. About the most generous I could be is to agree that he doesn't personally believe he is racist, because he has an idiosyncratic definition of racism wherein it's not racist if they really are inferior because then his attitude is justified by :airquote:facts:airquote: and racism is disliking someone's skin color and only that.

E: Side note, it's amusing how empirical evidence is unreliable and we must reason all sociological truths out with pure logic as our only guide, except when it comes to the inferiority of non-Anglo cultures and then well hey just look around it's obvious whose race is better :smug:

... You know, I had managed to completely forget about that?

Yeah, I was utterly wrong, JRod is just as racist as the next libertarian.

God loving drat it.

:negative:

edit: VVV Yeah, I hosed up. For some reason I'd completely blanked on that whole part of his argumentation. I'd blame it on :stare:ing in horror at LuftWaffle and the Ferguson debacle, but honestly I plum forgot about it.

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Nov 25, 2014

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

TLM3101 posted:

True enough. I will say this for JRodefeld; As much as he's bought into the Hoppe/Rothbard idiocy, I don't think he's racist, even if his proposed solutions to the problem he's seeing ( real and imagined ) would make minorities worse off. His morals and ethics are just obscene in general, rather than having a specific racial animus.

I agree that he isn't motivated by racial animus. However he is racist, he tried to defend the idea of inherent differences between races several times in this thread and others (see "blacks have a lower time preference than whites and that's why they're poor", also the whole western civilization thing). That kind of racial and cultural chauvinism that is still extremely harmful, even if it didn't lead to lynchings. You don't have to be explicitly hateful to be racist, not by the dictionary definition anyway(just to be authoritative/pedantic about it).

E: VitalSigns said it better. But yeah, while Jrod probably isn't about to join the Klan, that doesn't make his attitudes any less racist.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

paragon1 posted:

I'm in the middle of this book, and it's really loving weird seeing Thomas Jefferson and Ralph Waldo Emerson fetishize Saxons to such an absurd degree.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I think Jrod is technically not racist, just a cultural chauvinist. Based on my experience with such people, he'd claim that there's nothing inherently wrong with PoC - they just happen to adopt the wrong cultural values and that leads to problems that would be avoided if they had happened to pick better (i.e. Western) values. He probably has yet to realize that the logic behind the claim "Western culture is objectively the best" is circular - "Western culture is best because it adheres most closely to Western cultural values."

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 25, 2014

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I don't think Hoppes' argument is worth spending any time on, because it's just pure tautology taking on some weird chauvinistic form. He defines advanced cultures as White/Western, and then correctly explains that, yes, other advanced cultures who are neither white nor Western are actually Western cultures. Thus, advanced East Asian cultures like Japan or South Korea are actually Western cultures, which are superior. Pointing out other advanced societies that are neither white nor Western doesn't refute the thesis because those cultures are also Western, by Hoppes' definition.

It makes sense if you pretend that "white" and "western" aren't pre-established words that have meanings.

It's kind of like grouping up certain positive character traits as "manliness." It's super-chauvinistic, but nobody will deny that women can also express those traits, and as such women are perfectly able to be manly.

Heavy neutrino fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 25, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm actually not 100% convinced that jrod is actively racist so much as he is so privileged that he's blind to the racial implications of the libertarian "thinkers" that he mindlessly parrots. He certainly still says racist things but the seem to stem from ignorance rather than malice.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Who What Now posted:

I'm actually not 100% convinced that jrod is actively racist so much as he is so privileged that he's blind to the racial implications of the libertarian "thinkers" that he mindlessly parrots. He certainly still says racist things but the seem to stem from ignorance rather than malice.

This is true, but unfortunately it is the most damaging (and patronizing) form of racism. Racism is a motivation and an social analytical framework, it does not need to be intentional.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

archangelwar posted:

This is true, but unfortunately it is the most damaging (and patronizing) form of racism. Racism is a motivation and an social analytical framework, it does not need to be intentional.

Oh I absolutely agree, I just think it's a distinction that needed to be laid out is all.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I would agree that for the naive stripe of Libertarian like jrod, they aren't maliciously racist in the sense that they hope black people get hosed over in their system because they hate them and would enjoy seeing it. But like, he agrees with Rothbard that the reason for black poverty rates is the indolent, hedonistic, short-sighted nature of the Negro (eg "high time preference") and that's racist as gently caress. I wouldn't characterize the American eugenics movement as "not actively racist" just because they may have genuinely thought that sterilizing black women without their consent was helping the poor dears who just can't control their animal natures.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I'm a little uncomfortable with calling people racist. It's a loaded word with a loaded context, and all it really does is shutdown conversations and serves to make us feel superior to another person. The minute you call someone else a racist, how are they supposed to react? It's a conversation killer. The minute you call me a racist, that's when it's over. I can't defend myself against the claim. I can't say "Here I am with a black person having a lovely dinner!" "Here I am, helping some Jewish rabbi's cross the street!" "Here I am, embracing a foreign culture while respecting it!"

It's impossible, and it just serves as a reason to disengage. I honestly believe that if you want someone to fail the "is he a racist" test, you will find a reason for them to fail. People do hold prejudices. I want to word this properly, so here it goes: I know I have held prejudices in the past. Not actively. Not anything that's full blown racist. But if you're saying I've never made an assumption about a person because of his or her race, I would have to say that it's probably not true. The thing is, I try to challenge myself. When I realize the implications of what I'm saying or thinking or doing, I try to push myself further to be a better person. There's a lot of things that have changed, even in my lifetime (and I'm not that old). You know what. 15 years ago, if you asked me if I was in favor of gay marriage, I think I'd say no. Today, you'd ask me the same question, I say hell yes. What changed? I got more experience. I realized how my views didn't make sense. I saw the reality underneath the convenient explanations I could come up with. I just couldn't see a reason to tell two people who were in love that they couldn't get married because of something as meaningless as gender. Even back then, I wasn't a homophobe. I didn't see anything wrong with homosexuality. But I was just under a misguided impression about what marriage was. But I grew up, and saw things in a different light, and realized I was wrong. But so did a lot of people. When I was 10, we saw no problems using homophobic slurs. Now, when I watch a show like Andy Richter Controls the Universe, and one of the characters uses "gay" in a pejorative way (referring to why he doesn't want to see a musical), it strikes me as wrong and bizarre. It really pulls you away. 11 years ago, when the show aired, we wouldn't bat an eye.

Jrodefeld is an idiot. He holds views that do have strong racial implications, but he just doesn't understand it, whether it's stupidity or naivety or whatever other explanation we might have for him. But what good does smearing him as a racist do? Is it so you can feel superior? Then maybe you should look at yourself and really think "Hey, did I ever think something stupid that really had bigger implications that I realized."

As I said, calling someone a racist is really a reason to disengage with them and their ideas. For example, Sheriff Joe. We call him a racist because we find his ideas so full of bias and malice that we simply find them so wrong that we don't see the need to reason with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Now I'm wondering which Jrode will hate more, being called racist or being told that he just doesn't understand the ideas he believes.

Both have to sting pretty bad for a being of pure reason like himself.