Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

lol standup meetings are definitely stupid cult stuff (agile bitch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

pram posted:

lol standup meetings are definitely stupid cult stuff (agile bitch)

all agile practices i've seen have been exactly this. let's have a daily scrum (lol, it takes 45 minutes). let's use a kanban board, lol nobody gives a poo poo about each column having max items and then removing those bottlenecks, just shove more poo poo into the column

it probably goes like "hey, the nerds want to try this agile thing, they want to use kanban. sure let them." "now the nerds are complaining they don't have enough testers and we need to recruit more because it's causing a bottleneck. lol gently caress em."

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wow i think http://didgoogleshutdown.com went a little viral.

i just turned the tracking back on cause it was broken and got like 7 hits in 20 mins, all from twitter.

i missed my viral day in the sun

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

kinda happy and sad right now

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=didgoogleshutdown

ufarn
May 30, 2009
sorry to give you the bad news, but you got HN'd: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8617209

horrible feedback ahoy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
good job pleasure kevin. the 219 is trolling many via your good deeds

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

If something is "Dead" why does it still have the "Days numbered" tag

pram
Jun 10, 2001
because pleasure kevin is a lazy fatass

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

why do you ignore all the google services that are alive and fine? is it to present google in the worst possible light or is it because you didnt know they have things like maps news drive and the play store?

it seems like your point would not be diminished by acknowledging that they have more than five things that are alive and supported

ofc when you dig deep for the failures calling them apps youve never heard of but dont mention any of the alive apps youve never heard of like keep or voice

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
pleasurekevin cares a lot about google kitchen, man

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

pram posted:

because pleasure kevin is a lazy fatass

:gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
doesnt it hurt your eyes when you do that z0r?

it cant be good for your vision

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the content on the site is user-submitted.

so if you think it's dumb and bad just submit something

do not blame me if there is no google play or drive or w/e those are (haha jk)

somebody submitted "firebase" though which is something owned by google by like 2 degrees of seperation and i didn't add that so, yes , bias.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

the content on the site is user-submitted.

so if you think it's dumb and bad just submit something

do not blame me if there is no google play or drive or w/e those are (haha jk)

somebody submitted "firebase" though which is something owned by google by like 2 degrees of seperation and i didn't add that so, yes , bias.
im sorry i dont submit content because i am not equipped for web 2.0

also chrome is another google thing doing fine

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

google health should be on there

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

that one can't be said out loud without laughing, it being dead is a given

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Management posted:

having a culture that you can easily enter via a simple and benign ritual is actually not a bad thing. much better than eating lunch at your desk alone until you meet enough people.

lol it's called introducing yourself to your coworkers and catching lunch with them, nerd

lmao if you didn't acquire the Networking skill outta college aka "talking to strangers"

here let me post about the difficulties of being ~*An Introvert*~ in modern society

*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts*

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

we do this but it's eight minutes and everybody says what they did that day and somebody makes a joke about "poo poo's all hosed up" and somebody chugs a beer on camera and then we laugh and go back to work

sounds awful

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

google health should be on there
i forgot all about this

there are still comments being posted on the blog post announcing the closure saying that they should bring it back

it was discontinued in june of 2011

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pram posted:

guys pencil in an hour tomorrow morning for our "stand up" meeting

this but unironically multiple times a week

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also doubling the time spent on team meetings but standing awkwardly in the hall instead of using a meeting room

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

LastInLine posted:

i forgot all about this

there are still comments being posted on the blog post announcing the closure saying that they should bring it back

that is sadder than the zune tattoo

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

i forgot all about this

quote:

Please consider bringing Google Health back, with the launch of Google Fit and the horrible options available to people trying to manage conditions like diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure, a quality option would be highly valued. Especially if blood pressure tools and glucose meters could integrate with this service. The current level of technical innovation with devices in use by millions of Americans is sad compared to the innovation and development being done with fitness trackers. Many people are looking a one stop solution to use to partner with their health care providers.
      /

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

newreply.php posted:

/

:smith:

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol it's called introducing yourself to your coworkers and catching lunch with them, nerd

lmao if you didn't acquire the Networking skill outta college aka "talking to strangers"

here let me post about the difficulties of being ~*An Introvert*~ in modern society

*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts*

I'm not that guy but have you really never worked on a distributed team? Yeah, let me hop across the pond grab lunch with the guys in Belfast real quick

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Lord Of Texas posted:

I'm not that guy but have you really never worked on a distributed team? Yeah, let me hop across the pond grab lunch with the guys in Belfast real quick

don't be a whiny poor. fly there and have lunch with them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
tried to login to my gmail through mac mail today and apparently google can't loving handle that basic poo poo so it took me an hour

thanks google

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

born on a buy you posted:

don't be a whiny poor. fly there and have lunch with them

if it's belfast i'm sure they're down with drinkin via webcam

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

im sorry i dont submit content because i am not equipped for web 2.0

also chrome is another google thing doing fine

it's a piece of poo poo on os x

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blackula69 posted:

tried to login to my gmail through mac mail today and apparently google can't loving handle that basic poo poo so it took me an hour

thanks google

google doesn't support dead oses

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blackula69 posted:

tried to login to my gmail through mac mail

gmail on mac mail is busted

are you on yosemite or mavericks

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nintendo Kid posted:

google doesn't support dead oses

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Endless Mike posted:

it's a piece of poo poo

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

imap lol - google

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

IMAP, the quality protocol that pretends email is a filesystem and doesn't support cell phones.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my gmail account still works fine in the stock mail app in iOS and OS X. hope this helps.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

if you use 2fa on your google account you have to use an application specific password instead of your actual password i believe for mac and ios

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

fleshweasel posted:

my gmail account still works fine in the stock mail app in iOS and OS X. hope this helps.

i use icloud op

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theadder posted:

i use icloud op

as long as you're not a naked celebrity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Miley Virus posted:

if you use 2fa on your google account you have to use an application specific password instead of your actual password i believe for mac and ios
yep

• Locked thread