Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I am sincerely hoping my copy of Conquest gets here today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ijyt posted:

If the gunner and frame are already glued in then you're insane.

Definitely not, it's more to make sure everything fits together and is square before basecoating.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Does anyone have working ideas for Tyranid Shrike wings that don't rely on the expensive FW kit?

Got a few I wouldn't mind creating, although don't really know my options

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Dark Angels may be worse than 'nids at the moment, but that ain't gonna stop me from painting more of them.

Like this count-as Azrael :toot:

Originally for his sword I wanted to do the blue-white reflective thing like I did with all my other power swords, but I hosed up massively on it. So after painting over it with black, I used the idea I did for his back banner and made a SPACE SWORD which I think ended up being a fair bit better overall and helped tie the color scheme together.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

raverrn posted:

General consensus is Jump, Psycannon. Flamer and melee weapons are a hood bonus but not required.

Remember Monstrous Creatures ignore unwieldy, so the sword just gives you Force and Master Crafted.

Meh, the sword is optional then. Thanks for reminding me about unwieldy. I'm going to face up against probably horde orks or mounted orks and then a LATD cultist mob, so flamer is going to be better, but cheers for the advice. Haven't run my DK for like three years.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I needed more Zoanthropes to go with my new Tyrannocites, so I got the Zoanthrope/Venomthrope dual kit. After constructing the zoanthropes, I noticed that there were a lot of pieces left over that were exclusive to the venomthropes. I didn't want to let all those pieces go to waste, so with a little creative kitbashing and green stuffing, I made three venomthropes as well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Between Wizard Van sword and that kitbashed Venomthrope, this is a pretty good page for hobby goodness. About how much of that Venomthrope needed parts from other kits, aside from the green stuff nubs on its head?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really want that Blood Angel Captain.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
That venomthrope looks good, something in me also really likes seeing people stretch kits to their full value.

I noticed Chapterhouse Studios are re-opened for business, how the gently caress are they profitable after fighting a court case? All their products (I looked at the eldar and IG options) look absolute shite, are people buying these over all the genuinely great 3rd party alternatives. Chapterhouse exists in the same world as Anvil Industry and Victoria Miniatures. Mind boggling.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Genghis Cohen posted:

That venomthrope looks good, something in me also really likes seeing people stretch kits to their full value.

I noticed Chapterhouse Studios are re-opened for business, how the gently caress are they profitable after fighting a court case? All their products (I looked at the eldar and IG options) look absolute shite, are people buying these over all the genuinely great 3rd party alternatives. Chapterhouse exists in the same world as Anvil Industry and Victoria Miniatures. Mind boggling.

There are quite a few people that only care about playing games so don't really give a monkeys what their models really look like. Also some people genuinely like the look of some of there stuff. Its personal taste after all.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370/

So Armageddon comes out in 2 days.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Chapterhouse's catalog belongs in the unspiration thread's OP.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
That exclusive BA terminator captain looks like it'll be pretty boss, but :lol: at the old bare-bones terminator squads right next to it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

SRM posted:

Between Wizard Van sword and that kitbashed Venomthrope, this is a pretty good page for hobby goodness. About how much of that Venomthrope needed parts from other kits, aside from the green stuff nubs on its head?

It needed a chestplate. I had an old broken genestealer, so I used the chest from that on one of them. I used a monstrous creature adrenal gland on another, and a chest from an old termagant on the third.

The tails I used were tail ends from other monstrous creature dual kits. Two of them have the toxic tails from Trygon kits (pictured), and the other has an actual zoanthrope tail that I just happened to have (never had the rest of that zoanthrope.)

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

On the UK Steam store at least, you can't pre-purchase and there's no price on it even, which seems a bit weird for something that's so close to release. Does it have a price on the US store?

Also weird that Steam hasn't put this in my recommendations queue given that my account has the entirety of DoW, Space Marine, and Space Hulk. It managed to suggest Mordheim...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Shallow posted:

On the UK Steam store at least, you can't pre-purchase and there's no price on it even, which seems a bit weird for something that's so close to release. Does it have a price on the US store?

Also weird that Steam hasn't put this in my recommendations queue given that my account has the entirety of DoW, Space Marine, and Space Hulk. It managed to suggest Mordheim...

There's no price list on the american store either. Glad it's not just me.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Carnifex is on 60mm round and the broodlord base looks a lot smaller (and weirdly oval, although I don't see why it would be) to me.

I think it's that 45 or 50mm base that comes with the centurion kit.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
E: wops

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 25, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

Chapterhouse's catalog belongs in the unspiration thread's OP.

If it wasn't for the GW lawsuit and the horde of unwashed nerds trying to stick it to the man Chapterhouse would have probably died at birth.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

listing removed/not available.

I'm not even sure why I checked, guess I just have an ebay reflex for warhams now.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Direwolf posted:

Nah, it's on 60 mm large round.

Nope, several pics in Shield of Baal confirm that it's yet again a new size & shape base. Length would be 60mm, width around 40mm.

Edit:

The Impaler fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 25, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

That's one hell of a babyface on the captain there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Slimnoid posted:

That's one hell of a babyface on the captain there.

Just noticed the twilight teeth.

I now dislike the model.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Swap out the head on the captain with one of the similar ones from the Death Company sprue - if he's like any other plastic characters the head will be just as easy to swap out as on any Tactical Marine. He looks good without being completely over the top.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Some people are saying they have bigger bases too.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Now that GW is doing these limited run boxed sets with more frequency, is it too much to hope that we will ever see one that doesn't have Space Marines?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
where the sisters at???

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I really want to see Sisters versus Chaos Marines for some reason. They'd be good for a monopose starter set.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Does anyone else in this thread own an Imperial Navy Thunderbolt?

If so, what type of flying base do you have/how did you do it. A little while back I aquired a Thunderbolt off eBay with the intention of mounting it on a flying base, but never got around to do it. I don't have a dremel and I think it's probably a little too heavy for the standard GW base.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

The Impaler posted:

Nope, several pics in Shield of Baal confirm that it's yet again a new size & shape base. Length would be 60mm, width around 40mm.

Edit:

I love Citadel's continuing Terminator Dementia. The sculptor deliberately gave the guy thick arms fitting for thick armor yet insisted on giving him skinny chicken legs. :wtc:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

Just noticed the twilight teeth.

I now dislike the model.

It is basically the same model from Space Hulk. Just with a hammer instead of a sword, and slightly less blinged out.

EDIT: Okay, not exactly, but still fairly close to the same look.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Some people are saying they have bigger bases too.

There was a weird price list on BOLS the other day that had, I think, 32mm bases.

(Yep)

New Bases
32mm Round Bases $4.95 10 bases online only
50mm Round bases $4.95 3 bases online only
170mm Oval Bases $4.95 1 base online only

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Base creep. Infinity is suffering from it, too.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
As a fan of Blood Angels and Tyranids, I'm pretty excited. My only regret is that I won't have enough money to buy it at release, so I look forward to buying the Blood Angels Captain for $40 on eBay.

edit: My pessimism spoke too soon, I'm still seeing Sanctus Reach boxes on eBay for $150.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Welp, time to spend $200 increasing the size of my infantry models by 4mm. :suicide:

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Fix posted:

Base creep. Infinity is suffering from it, too.

Isn't Infinity standardising their base sizes to work with the silhouette profile stat for N3? I'm definitely noticing model scale creep though.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

PierreTheMime posted:

Welp, time to spend $200 increasing the size of my infantry models by 4mm. :suicide:

Lmao if this is true then what's the motivation? Are the makers of custom bases next after Chapterhouse on GW's 'how dare any third parties incidentally make money off of our systems :qq:' list?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Sulecrist posted:

New Bases
32mm Round Bases $4.95 10 bases online only
50mm Round bases $4.95 3 bases online only
170mm Oval Bases $4.95 1 base online only

hahaha gently caress that.

JerryLee posted:

Lmao if this is true then what's the motivation? Are the makers of custom bases next after Chapterhouse on GW's 'how dare any third parties incidentally make money off of our systems :qq:' list?

Probably.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JerryLee posted:

Tempest in a teapot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
I wonder how long it will take before they spend all their money on lawyers trying to un-invent 3D printers.

• Locked thread