Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

bonewitch posted:

Yeah the GM timed the ban (ends December 2nd) specifically so that she would lose out on an entire week of poetics as well as any raid loot from the coming week, it's pretty bullshit.

Wait, why did they get banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Verranicus posted:

Wait, why did they get banned?

"RMT solicitation", despite never being involved with RMT. It did get overturned an hour ago (apparently an accidental ban :laffo:) after she took it to support and we sent in tickets asking another GM to take a look at it, but she didn't get any recompense over being banned all weekend.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

bonewitch posted:

"RMT solicitation", despite never being involved with RMT. It did get overturned an hour ago (apparently an accidental ban :laffo:) after she took it to support and we sent in tickets asking another GM to take a look at it, but she didn't get any recompense over being banned all weekend.

I like to imagine that at HQ they are currently hazing said GM with your nerf weapon of choice.

That would imply they care though. The dream is dead.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

nuru posted:

Did that change recently? That's cheap enough that if I was grinding much I might actually considering going INT when I need to play SMN.

One of the 2.3-era patches (don't think it was as late as 2.4, but it might've been). 250 seals is far more affordable than 10,000.

Also, the Ramuh talk on the last page really makes me want to soapbox about how PF groups tend to set themselves up for less reliable victory for both Ramuh and Shiva. Statics or mostly-statics are one thing, but for a true PF pug, it's kind of common sense to go with a party setup that a bunch of strangers is least likely to screw up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It was in 2.4 that the price shift on keeper's hymns happened.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

bonewitch posted:

Wow. That's kind of ridiculous.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm trying to like this game's janky PvP. I really am, since it'll take me months to get the gear. This is after waiting about two hours this morning and also not getting in to FL.

They need to either fix their queue system or throw the PvP on a soldiery vendor and get rid of the level requirements because this is retarded.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Impromptu Manderville dance in Revenant's toll just now on Excalibur. I'm the PLD with red armor.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm trying to like this game's janky PvP. I really am, since it'll take me months to get the gear. This is after waiting about two hours this morning and also not getting in to FL.

They need to either fix their queue system or throw the PvP on a soldiery vendor and get rid of the level requirements because this is retarded.

If you're from an overpopulated GC (Maelstrom), your queue will typically be stupid long.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I just recently hit 50 fisher and an awesome goon (Thanks Flapjack!) Crafted me up a hq version of my fishing gear. My question is where do I go from here gear wise?

I'm excited to do some rare fish fishing, but I have no idea what I should meld. Should I bother upgrading my fishing gear, or just wait until I can afford the forager's set?

E: questions answered in FC.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 24, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
They really should just randomly assign people to teams instead of using the actual GC memberships. Explain it away as mercenaries or an exchange program, I dunno.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

RottenK posted:

They really should just randomly assign people to teams instead of using the actual GC memberships. Explain it away as mercenaries or an exchange program, I dunno.

This. I'm in adders GC with small potatoes and the queue is so long that I have yet to ever play a single game of PVP and basically don't even queue up for it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, good thing I just switched to adders then. :shepface:

At least I can do some PvP with the Flames in 15 days.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Nobody likes Flames for some reason. Oh well, I'll take my instant queues.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Remember to queue in progress.

Living in a horrid timezone also works. I get 10 minute FL queues as Maelstrom around midnight PST

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PhilippAchtel posted:

And those mechanics cut out a big part of what makes healing so useful: helping compensate for party mistakes. If healing is just about memorize this attack pattern and pray your party doesn't get landslided, without an ability to react it becomes dry and mechanical.

I think you could say the same about tanking or dps too; when things are smooth they're mechanically boring. Getting them smooth is the fun part, after that you're just grinding.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

With healing you get to play the minigame to see how much damage you can safely push though while not forsaking your other duties, which I greatly enjoy.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Smart Car posted:

With healing you get to play the minigame to see how much damage you can safely push though while not forsaking your other duties, which I greatly enjoy.

Or just play SCH, and let your fairy do most the work.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

BrightWing posted:

I do play a SCH, and I'm not just talking about dungeons. :ssh:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I bound my mudras to a three button mouse and i throw it towards my cat every 20 seconds

really good for dps

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's also fun to forsake your duties sometimes. You don't even need a tank in ST anymore, dragoons or ninjas can do the clockwork pull, so if the tank is being a princess and screaming at everyone I'll just let them stay on the floor.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Rouse and Lustrate are your best friends, put that fairy to work in a sweatshop while you pump out DPS.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Doublestep posted:

I bound my mudras to a three button mouse and i throw it towards my cat every 20 seconds

really good for dps

I'm so pro I can get the rabbit even with nothing but macros set up to use my mudras. :coal:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I just recently hit 50 fisher and an awesome goon (Thanks Flapjack!) Crafted me up a hq version of my fishing gear. My question is where do I go from here gear wise?

I'm excited to do some rare fish fishing, but I have no idea what I should meld. Should I bother upgrading my fishing gear, or just wait until I can afford the forager's set?

E: questions answered in FC.

Kabuki, you play ff14?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
OHHHH YEEEAAAAAH

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Verranicus posted:

OHHHH YEEEAAAAAH

They're so shiny! Too bad they don't come with the cosmetic gun flashes like the regular armor.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Thanks to whoever used my friend code!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

When I registered I used an incorrect year for my birthdate because I tend to not like using accurate info if I can help it. However, I forgot what fake year I used and created a support ticket to change it. This led to a surreal phone call with Square's support:

Support Rep: I can't change the birthdate, it's the one piece of information we can't modify
Me: Is there a way we can look it up?
Support Rep: Possibly. I can confirm neither of the two possibilities you gave were correct.
Me: Hm, I might have tried XX/YY/ZZZZ
Support Rep: No.
Me: If not that, maybe XX/YY/ZZZZ-3
Support Rep: No, but you're getting closer.
....and so on

Eventually I guessed it. I know he probably cut me some slack because I knew the fake day and month, but ultimately I just had a customer service call where I was able to hot / cold my way to personal information :ohdear:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Verranicus posted:

OHHHH YEEEAAAAAH

Still looks so much uglier then the standard magitek. (Congrats though)

Game should be on sale starting this weekend with the steam sale so here is a recruitment Code if anyone wants one: DRFG9QUW

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

orange juche posted:

Rouse and Lustrate are your best friends, put that fairy to work in a sweatshop while you pump out DPS.

When is a good time to throw out rouse anyways? Its a minute and a half cooldown (iirc) and its one of those elixer things: If I use it now I might use it later. And in always thinking I really need it later I never actually use it.

nuru posted:

When I registered I used an incorrect year for my birthdate because I tend to not like using accurate info if I can help it. However, I forgot what fake year I used and created a support ticket to change it. This led to a surreal phone call with Square's support:

I remember one time I had to call my bank cause my online account kept giving me a security question that I didn't know I put down, which was what was your favorite veggie. Being a goon and have a terrible diet I hate veggies and only like one specific one. Well that wasn't the answer, and I thought maybe I put "pizza" cause of the whole "Congress is going to define pizza as a veggie" thing that happened when I made that question but that wasn't it. The lady on the phone wouldn't actually tell me what it was, even though I knew my password, the other 2 security questions and other personal info. The solution given to me was to delete my cookies if it asked the veggie question until it gives me one of the other 2 questions :psyduck:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Leal posted:

When is a good time to throw out rouse anyways? Its a minute and a half cooldown (iirc) and its one of those elixer things: If I use it now I might use it later. And in always thinking I really need it later I never actually use it.

At 50, Rouse has exactly the same cooldown as Whispering Dawn, so it's good to use the two together when there's extra damage going around.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Made it to PLD 36 today and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Not that I've ever been terrible at keeping aggro, but I'm starting to get a hang of how the system works, and when to cycle myself around to keep control of a group. Even people pulling extra mobs into the pull has become less of a "oh gently caress gently caress gently caress, grab aggro please" feeling to "get over here you dumb bastard". I am getting increasingly annoyed at people who attack poo poo out of the order I mark (though I'm adapting my attack cycle so that it generally doesn't matter) or if someone gets aggro and they go running off so I have to chase them down.

I also managed to get everything but the Cavalry Pants, that set is pretty cool looking.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ouhei posted:

Made it to PLD 36 today and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Not that I've ever been terrible at keeping aggro, but I'm starting to get a hang of how the system works, and when to cycle myself around to keep control of a group. Even people pulling extra mobs into the pull has become less of a "oh gently caress gently caress gently caress, grab aggro please" feeling to "get over here you dumb bastard". I am getting increasingly annoyed at people who attack poo poo out of the order I mark (though I'm adapting my attack cycle so that it generally doesn't matter) or if someone gets aggro and they go running off so I have to chase them down.

I also managed to get everything but the Cavalry Pants, that set is pretty cool looking.

You'll have shield oath soon and it'll get a lot easier, especially with regards to tanking groups

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So with Scholar chat going on at the moment, just have some quick questions. I'm only level 39 and generally just set the pet to auto and throw in heals when needed. It seems to be just find now but probably not ideal for when I bring it to 50. I play solely on Ps4 as well, should I be always controlling my pet, or is setting it to auto ok, but just watch heals?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Black Stones posted:

So with Scholar chat going on at the moment, just have some quick questions. I'm only level 39 and generally just set the pet to auto and throw in heals when needed. It seems to be just find now but probably not ideal for when I bring it to 50. I play solely on Ps4 as well, should I be always controlling my pet, or is setting it to auto ok, but just watch heals?

Depends on which pet you have out. Selene is fine to leave on auto as long as you watch health and throw in extra heals. Eos you want to control manually as far as abilities like Whispering Dawn so it doesn't blow them in stupid situations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Benny D posted:

You'll have shield oath soon and it'll get a lot easier, especially with regards to tanking groups

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hitting 40 for that. Mostly I'm looking forward to hitting 50 and getting back into endgame stuff. There's no chance in hell I'm going to do the Relic questline up to Animus again but I have a UAT laying around that should come in handy.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Man, crafting is one slippery slope. You start out thinking 'I just want to craft my own Relic precursor'. Then you notice your crafting clothes aren't great, so you decide to go into weaving to craft those. Then you notice it's taking a while to level so you want to do cooking to craft your own exp boost foods. But to do cooking you want to do fishing, and once you've crafted all that gathering gear you might as well do botany and mining as well, and with all those materials you might as well craft with them. I wasn't even planning to do the 'every craft to 15' thing, but now I'm practically there just due to my weird obsession with making my own stuff.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

In dungeons I use Eos so I can stay in Cleric nearly full time and rouse is a big part of that. Rouse / Whispering every pull as you can, Lustrate as needed, macro Eos to heal <tt> of the target you're casting ruin on or something. That will cover nearly everything except some bosses.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Getsuya posted:

Man, crafting is one slippery slope. You start out thinking 'I just want to craft my own Relic precursor'. Then you notice your crafting clothes aren't great, so you decide to go into weaving to craft those. Then you notice it's taking a while to level so you want to do cooking to craft your own exp boost foods. But to do cooking you want to do fishing, and once you've crafted all that gathering gear you might as well do botany and mining as well, and with all those materials you might as well craft with them. I wasn't even planning to do the 'every craft to 15' thing, but now I'm practically there just due to my weird obsession with making my own stuff.

Crafting is a pit that starry eyed adventurers throw themselves down, never to bee seen again. Maybe one or two actually make it back out wielding supras and other stuff I don't even know about.

It's like that pit in the one batman movie, but I didn't have a gif of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammish
Mar 5, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Depends on which pet you have out. Selene is fine to leave on auto as long as you watch health and throw in extra heals. Eos you want to control manually as far as abilities like Whispering Dawn so it doesn't blow them in stupid situations.

Agreed wholeheartedly when it comes to Eos. Controlling those cooldowns in anticipation of problems or combining them with Rouse make for a huge help when burst healing.

With Selene, normally I'll open a fight in manual and choose which speed buff goes first in e cycle before going to automatic and letting her do the rest.

With both, I'll occasially swap to manual and use a heal macro that slaves the fairy's Embrace heal to whomever I target with Physick/Adlo. It's situational, but it can greatly help direct healing when the tank is eating a lot of pain and you're our of charges for lustrate.

Normally I have to focus more on heals and less on DPS when in DF groups unless it's the main story or low level roulette.

• Locked thread