Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
That episode was loving incredible. Like wow, what a loving amazing closing scene to the episode. The loving tunnel scene.

VVVV: I was a little disappointed to see Boss Lady Carrie get shut down by the Ambassador, I was hoping to see some waterboarding action.

Riversideblues fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Riversideblues posted:

That episode was loving incredible. Like wow, what a loving amazing closing scene to the episode. The loving tunnel scene.

Yeah, it was really freaking good. Also, the only unrealistic part about it was the guy taking the mole to his office to ask him questions nicely.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
loving hell, that episode. Fuuuuck. And NO PREVIEW FOR NEXT SUNDAY!

That's some potent suspense.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Even more potent suspense is that you have to wait two weeks.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Just watched it. Holy poo poo. How loving good is this season?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

warcrimes posted:

Just watched it. Holy poo poo. How loving good is this season?
It has its moments. Very few of them, but it does have them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jack Skeleton posted:

Even more potent suspense is that you have to wait two weeks.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
Holy loving poo poo, amazing episode...the bombing and tunnel scene...jesus I can't remember the last time my heart pounded like that watching television. This show is once again starting to confirm the inverse relationship between show quality and number of posts in the TVIV thread.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I was on the edge of my seat when Saul sat down and the terrist got out with what appear to be a windows phone threatening to blow them all to hell. Duck coming clean was a nice cherry on top of the fantastic episode. Surely he had to know that telling Pakistani Intelligence there is an unmonitored tunnel would result in his wife's death (I am thinking this happens).

I wonder if we are prepping for another Saul as CIA boss for season five?

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
:vince:

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

This is the most appropriate emote.

Riversideblues posted:

VVVV: I was a little disappointed to see Boss Lady Carrie get shut down by the Ambassador, I was hoping to see some waterboarding action.

You know that was part of the plan, right? It was so the Ambassador could play nice cop and make him fess up to her. Dennis didn't break right then and there but he got caught trying to sneak out later.

Boss Lady Carrie was so good!

Edit: no episode until 12/7???

Hand of the King fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 24, 2014

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
That look Aquani (spell? the current terorrist leader) gave before he went into the tunnel was so :hist101:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's pretty cool that this show had the balls to just get rid of everything that didn't work in the past couple of seasons, even if it in retrospect makes those seasons almost pointless, cause the new season has turned out pretty good, this episode was really exciting and tense.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Leviathan posted:

Holy loving poo poo, amazing episode...the bombing and tunnel scene...jesus I can't remember the last time my heart pounded like that watching television.

I do. Season one, Brody in the bunker with a bombvest.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

That look Aquani (spell? the current terorrist leader) gave before he went into the tunnel was so :hist101:

Haqqani.

And, yeah, that whole scene ending with him walking in the tunnel with flickering lights was incredible.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I do. Season one, Brody in the bunker with a bombvest.

One of the best, for sure.

Does anyone know of the ratings for last night's episode? Not that it matters, but 9.8 on IMDB. Wow.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Turning into Call of Duty now.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
This was awesome.
I got a little bit of a 'Oh no, the Chinese are taking CTU hostage' feeling with Haqqani entering the tunnel, but then I remembered 1979 and to a lesser degree recent years, and the symbolic value of a terrorist takeover of an embassy.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
drat duck phillips to hell

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
We've veered into 24 territory when it is revealed that the US Embassy in Islamabad has an underground tunnel that is less secure to the outside world than most middle schools and that tactical operations decided to scramble ALL of its defences out the door as a first response. I've watched 11 year olds playing Starcraft who know better than that.

Still having fun though! Great season.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, while it's a bit 24, it feels like it was earned and an actual plan. Time to send in Affleck.

Good episode, good season.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am in love with the idea of going to State and I was perusing Wikipedia tonight and saw this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Kabul

Checkout the section on the 2011 September attacks. Down to the loving name, Homeland is pulling from. Swap Islamabad with Kabul.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

I am in love with the idea of going to State and I was perusing Wikipedia tonight and saw this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Kabul

Checkout the section on the 2011 September attacks. Down to the loving name, Homeland is pulling from. Swap Islamabad with Kabul.

The Haqqani Network is a well known terrorist organization in the area. It would make sense that the guy is a family member.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, that episode gave me some 24 flashbacks in the best way possible.

forever

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Captures exactly what I was saying while watching everything up to before and after the bombing. Holy loving poo poo.

This is what Homeland should have been after season 1. As unrealistic as it was, it's still worth it.

Two weeks.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Anyone who gave up on this show needs.to come back home. God loving drat that was good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like to believe they let Tracy Letts come up with his own lines. I kind of want to watch August: Osage County now.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Godinster posted:

Anyone who gave up on this show needs.to come back home. God loving drat that was good.

It was really good. Haven't felt tension like that since Breaking Bad.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Whoa, am I glad I stuck with this show. I don't quite understand all of the criticism over the direction this show is taking now. They needed a big loving 24-esque event to shake things up. I have really enjoyed this season, and it's been a big step up from the previous two, but this just takes it to a whole new level. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really can't wait for the next episode of Homeland.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Let's not pretend there wasn't some pants-on-head retarded crap in the first half of this season.

I mean it's good now, yeah, but I can understand the criticism the show was getting then.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
This show is classic bipolar. First two thirds are pants on head, Carrie's fairy-magic-vagina, hypomanic dumb then the last third is full blown manic insane and awesome then we go on to a depressive cycle when they give us an awful ending or a terrifying cliffhanger at the end of the season.
I have a hate - love - gently caress it hate again relationship with this stupid show. Saul lying down was just so awesome. He was right, the kid was ready to be blown up and fine with it. I'm surprised he didn't yell that Haqqani killed his own family to smear americans at every chance he got though. That would have shaken the kid's faith a little and the other guys too. Sowing doubt is what an operative does best.

ALL the marines left the base? The ambassador doesn't have security guards?
So Quinn is going to have to single handledly take out most of the terrorists. That'll be fun watching!
I hope the ambassador leaves her husband somewhere as a distraction/bait to get to safety (hopefully strapped to a bomb) and I'm looking forward to the moment when pakistani Carrie realizes that she's working for people who'd never let her keep her job, let alone give her any respect (Handover your gun, here's your burka! Now shut up and go breed!).

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I hope Quinn wipes out half the team Jack Bauer style.

My prediction on what's going to happen: Director What the loving gently caress is going to eat it and then they'll have to bring someone in to replace him... Saul! After going through all this, he'll feel defeated, but he'll have a renewed sense of desire to do the right thing again and resume his passion after an emotion and persuasive speech and recommendation from Carrie.

How else would they make Saul relevant again?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

The cheesey way out would be Ambassador woman biting it, and then Duck Phillips sacrifices himself to explode some bad guys up and probably Pakistani Carrie.

Much like fellatio, with Homeland you never know whether you're gonna get cheese, or something else entirely.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 25, 2014

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

quote not edit gently caress

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh poo poo I forgot Quinn was still in the Embassy, next episode is gonna kick so much rear end.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Please don't be as terrible as 24s siege of the white house.... PLEASE

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

fletcher posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot Quinn was still in the Embassy, next episode is gonna kick so much rear end.

When Quinn loses his poo poo, he loses his poo poo.

This is gonna be glorious.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'm fully expecting a Quinn "DEAL WITH IT" sunglasses gif after the next episode.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I just really hope we don't have another 24 related "terrorists gain control of drones" story line.

Otherwise, this season has been great so far.

Go Quinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Let's not pretend there wasn't some pants-on-head retarded crap in the first half of this season.

I mean it's good now, yeah, but I can understand the criticism the show was getting then.

Still the best season since 1. By far.

• Locked thread