Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harley
Sep 2, 2004

Awesome! posted:

i played about 10 minutes of SR3 on ps3 and then deleted it

thank you for listening to my saints row story

You missed nothing. SR3 is a bore fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Looks p cool. I'm making a notepad of all the suggestions so I can pick em up when they either go on sale or I get bored. Currently I'm trying ot get through wasteland 2, which is fantastic, but makes me realize how much I like turn based content and collectable sidequests.

If you love sidequests then TLR is going to do it for you. The game is huge as gently caress and has hundreds of those sidequests. There's even a detailed guide on the game wiki on how to 100% the game because there's a point of no return halfway through the game.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Orv posted:

Well clearly your "review" is full of vicious lies and needs to be flagged for removal.

Cough.

:stare: I'm going for the Kinetic Void Thread now...

(EDIT) Well that was disappointing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am pissed that last remnant didnt get a ps3 port. my laptop wont run it and my 360 is dead to me.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Orv posted:

Well clearly your "review" is full of vicious lies and needs to be flagged for removal.

Cough.
Haha, amazing. Good job to all involved.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

What is the link? It says steam community is down for me when i try to look

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kly posted:

What is the link? It says steam community is down for me when i try to look

He wrote a review that incensed the dev.

I hope to god this is planned maintenance tonight, otherwise it bodes ill for the rumored sale in a few days.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

He wrote a review that incensed the dev.

I hope to god this is planned maintenance tonight, otherwise it bodes ill for the rumored sale in a few days.
*checks watch*

It's a Tuesday.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Nnnnno it is not!

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

*checks watch*

It's a Tuesday.

You need a new watch.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like The Last Remnant, but my first time playing it I managed to screw up my squads so bad their stat growth felt like random mutations to me. "Ok so now these guys can do these attacks. Ok now they can't I dont know what the gently caress. Ok now they can again maybe it's context related or something. Dude learns a move, cool. Wait why won't he do it he has the points you know what never mind. What, you are a fighter why do you want to hex ok fine go learn hex *turns into unusable bullshit* well ok gently caress that character. Also why is this person constantly hopping back and forth between classes settle down already poo poo. Wait a guy had Gluttony go up, is this good? Bad? No one else has that stat". The list goes on.

I heard the strategy guide for this game was thick as hell to cover everything.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Nnnnno it is not!
Oh yeah I forget the US is a day behind most of the time.

Maybe they're getting their maintenance out of the way early because of the sale.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Agent355 posted:

Looks p cool. I'm making a notepad of all the suggestions so I can pick em up when they either go on sale or I get bored. Currently I'm trying ot get through wasteland 2, which is fantastic, but makes me realize how much I like turn based content and collectable sidequests.

I don't want to keep shilling Lords Of Xulima but it has JRPG blobber combat with overland exploration: http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

There's also Septerra Core (http://store.steampowered.com/app/253940/) but I'm not sure if there's still technical issues with newer hardware. It's also extremely slow.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Agent355 posted:

My Friend, I would like to introduce you to a little game just released called Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. it's not Steam, but Origin-located. That's rarely an issue these days, though.

It's so loving good. It's better skyrim than skyrim (without any mods though, so modded skyrim can still outskyrim skyrim, as well. It will scratch every open world rpg itch you have. It has a bunch of UI and some control issues, but you can work around the control stuff. Visit the thread - you should play it. It's not perfect but it's really fun, and I'd dare say quite good. You're sex-gated to non-ghosts, though.

Super stoked for Witcher 3 now - unrelated to the ghost thing. I have high hopes for what CDProjekt can pull off.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

I don't want to keep shilling Lords Of Xulima but it has JRPG blobber combat with overland exploration: http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

There's also Septerra Core (http://store.steampowered.com/app/253940/) but I'm not sure if there's still technical issues with newer hardware. It's also extremely slow.

Lords of xulima is great. I played it a few months ago and got through all the current content, now I'm waiting for a full release so I can replay it and finish it proper. The other one I haven't heard of so I'll check it out.

Dragon age 3 is too expensive for me and I didn't like the first two so :shrug:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:havlat:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Agent355 posted:

Lords of xulima is great. I played it a few months ago and got through all the current content, now I'm waiting for a full release so I can replay it and finish it proper.

1.0 release was a couple weeks ago

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Any consensus on Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh neat. Installing that then.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Just gonna leave this here.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Wow, two terrible tastes that taste terrible together!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gonna get all the anime waifus when they think i look like the pewds :D

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm going to be sick.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

Lords of Xulima definitely has a turn-based fighting style that I enjoy. The whole game is like a cross between Baldur's Gate and Dragon Warrior.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Still not as bad as the Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin pack for Saints Row 4.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Still not as bad as the Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin pack for Saints Row 4.

Correct. It's not as bad, it's way worse than HAWP in SR4.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A few days ago I played and beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Yesterday I played and beat To the Moon. Any other games that will gently caress with my emotions as much as those two?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

GreenNight posted:

Any other games that will gently caress with my emotions as much as those two?

Sure. Papo & Yo, Thomas Was Alone, Bastion, and Spec Ops the Line. Of course this is all subjective and some will disagree with those choices, so feel free to read some reviews or whatnot.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, those are some angry Mexicans.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

AlbertRayon posted:

I decided to try the same thing a few months ago, with the added stipulation that I write a review after I play every game, and I must play the ones that suck at least an hour. I made it most of the way through the A's before I started skipping around to games I had actually been meaning to play. It's actually pretty fun because you'll find a lot of games you like you picked up in some bundle and would have never played otherwise. It's also funny when you get comments from angry fans on your bad reviews for terrible games.

This sounds amazing because I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Sent you a friend request.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Saoshyant posted:

Sure. Papo & Yo, Thomas Was Alone, Bastion, and Spec Ops the Line. Of course this is all subjective and some will disagree with those choices, so feel free to read some reviews or whatnot.

Really everyone should play Spec Ops: the Line.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

yeah spec ops is short enough that you can breeze through in 5-6 hours, worth it to form your own opinion

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hog Inspector posted:

yeah spec ops is short enough that you can breeze through in 5-6 hours, worth it to form your own opinion

Well apparently I have that game in my library and never gave it a second thought. I'll check it out.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 25, 2014

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Spec Ops is like if Bioshock was good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Time for the thread to go on another Spec Ops derail!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pirate Jet posted:

Time for the thread to go on another Spec Ops derail!

It's a good looking game with a well done story, what more do you want?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have a 970 showing up next week, so it's probably best to wait.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344809634

In case you wanted to play Five Nights at Freddy's but didn't want:

- An original idea
- Graphics that weren't idiots in Halloween outfits and MS Paint drawings
- Earnest desire to make something new instead of just cashing in on what's popular
- Memorable characters attacking you

And probably many other things.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GreenNight posted:

A few days ago I played and beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Yesterday I played and beat To the Moon. Any other games that will gently caress with my emotions as much as those two?

First season of Telltale's Walking Dead choked me up more than those two games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

all you had to say was imagine five nights at freddys but with this guy

• Locked thread