Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Crazy Ted posted:

I think that's been the one thing about this case that has everyone in universal agreement.

That and the prosecutor did a poo poo poor job of the announcement, as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
If anyone wants to see 100% racist comments roll in in real time, http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/24/washington-post-grand-jury-reaches-decision-case-ferguson-officer

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

theflyingorc posted:

Please stop responding to the person who is only posting so you will respond to him.

Fair enough; I guess I was just using it as a springboard for my own views, which I imagine most people share on here, so....

That Seasons Greetings sign is amazing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

After stalling for eight hours so this all happened at night instead of noon!

Man, the second they said 'We have a decision but we're delaying, and also setting up all these barriers and moving in cops' I knew they weren't going to indict.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Rudy Giuliani (on Hannity) talking about the jury must have not believed the Brown Family because they have to deal with the impending riots takes the cake tonight b

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kazak_Hstan posted:

After stalling for eight hours so this all happened at night instead of noon!

Well yes, gotta make sure the optics are good. A large crowd in the day is a peaceful protest, a large crowd at night is a roving gang of thugs out to destroy our way of life.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Someone should save this stream and we can use it as a medical device to induce vomiting.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Tzen posted:

What did he say?

Rewound the stream, something "I need an IFB, I need an IFB, someone call."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tzen posted:

What did he say?

Plinkey posted:

Basically 'give me a direct line to the control room, [unaudbile] i dont care someone call them' then someone started talking over him.

Obviously, the smell of marijuana has overcome Mr. Lemon.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The cops interrupt the live CNN report to make the reporter move.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pepper pistols spotted.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Pomp posted:

The cops changed their story every other loving day.

I'll give in a day or two and reading through all the blogs I'm less convinced.

Does anyone the Grand Jury proceeding copy or whatever is their going to release to the public?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the nyc protests reached times square

it's big

https://twitter.com/natashalennard/status/537086037034811392

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

mdemone posted:

Obviously, the smell of marijuana has overcome Mr. Lemon.
The demon weed is a tempting mistress.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

uncurable mlady posted:

Well yes, gotta make sure the optics are good. A large crowd in the day is a peaceful protest, a large crowd at night is a roving gang of thugs out to destroy our way of life.

I'm more willing to believe they wanted to get everyone working/at school out of the way since they knew poo poo was gonna get real, but that's because i haven't lost all hope yet

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Cyron posted:

i want to disband repubicans.

Great news! McCullough and Quinn, and Slay, and whoever that chubby gently caress that is the powerless mayor of Ferguson are all Democrats.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
One hour ago:

I presume this gentleman may now lay some claim to having received an answer to his question

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

I need a way to stream this alongside new D&D posts and I'll have a perfect balance of hyperbole

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Xandu posted:

The National Guard is probably less trained for this than they are. I think from what I read, the National Guard isn't on the "frontlines," so it's not entirely clear what they are doing.

That seems strange to me. Aren't the Guard trained to deal with crowd control and management after a disaster?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

this is insane.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Of course it says season's greeting instead of merry Christmas.

And we wonder why this poo poo keeps happening

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Police officers in the CNN stream look like they're dressed for a raid on Al Qaeda.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Any streams for NY or Seattle?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
so it turns out that while grand juries WILL indict ham sandwiches, it's only if the bread is pumpernickel

Pattycakes
May 12, 2014

WHO WANTS A PATTYCAKE!?!
That guy on CNN walking up towards the police in full riot gear has balls of steel.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

SedanChair posted:

One hour ago:

I presume this gentleman may now lay some claim to having received an answer to his question

Maybe protesters should refrain from using racial epithets in their messages if they want to be taken seriously.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
In the spirit of doing what I can, I share with you the best version of gently caress the Police

Sa Prize part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDDSK_yBMU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

I know, we've got this highly charged crowd that's already on edge and probably has people itching for a fight.

But enough about the cops...

Narciss posted:

Maybe protesters should refrain from using racial epithets in their messages if they want to be taken seriously.

We shall continue to gas these savages until they see fit to adjust their vocabulary.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I think i just heard a police officer screaming that people will fabricate the whole thing with video. Did i hear that right?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

CraigK posted:

so it turns out that while grand juries WILL indict ham sandwiches, it's only if the bread is pumpernickel

:drat:

Slobjob Zizek
Jun 20, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Federal, so the rate is higher, but it's still rare for a Grand Jury to not indict.

Did you read the article? They talk to a law professor who notes that media attention (read: everyone in this thread, etc.) forces prosecutors to bring high profile yet cases to grand juries that they ordinarily would not.

I think it's destructive for the media to cover criminal cases at all. No conviction is a sure thing (as the evidence is usually spotty), but the public is dumb as hell and will rally around whatever outcome is politically expedient. Oddly enough, the media still wins. This case highlights the two big types of events that made CNN famous: trials and riots.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Miltank posted:

this is insane.
No it isn't. It's internet comments. This is the norm. This used to happen on the website for my local newspaper before the forced people to use their Facebook accounts to comment. Then about 90% of that poo poo disappeared.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Times Square live cameras
\ http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo1

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xandu posted:

The National Guard is probably less trained for this than they are. I think from what I read, the National Guard isn't on the "frontlines," so it's not entirely clear what they are doing.

From what i've seen/heard they are to protect the government infrastructure, police stations, fire stations...etc. They aren't doing crowd control.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

rear end, head, junk, just pick one. :sigh:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Of course it says season's greeting instead of merry Christmas.
Someone will complain about this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Comments on the BassemMAsri livestream are pretty bad, too. "stop rioting" and the like.

I am not seeing a riot, guys.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
CNN cannot see the police because the police are shining a really bright light at them.

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Narciss posted:

maybe you should refrain from posting

• Locked thread