Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She kicked more than a few people's asses in season one, even gave Charles Gunn assassin a run for his money with a surprise shotgun. I miss S1 Laurel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm always impressed by how the Arrow team stretches their budget, but the Hong Kong set is basically a Vancouver street market with a few lanterns thrown in and a yellow filter applied.

To be honest they do the exact same thing for Mexico as well on pretty much any show. Yellow filter up the wazoo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mexico is like the Breaking Bad title credits.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Mexico is like the Breaking Bad title credits.

The way Mexico City's pollution is, I'd believe it.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The yellow filter they apply to the Hong Kong flashbacks always makes me think that f.lux is turning on. Also I bet if they go to Russia they will give it a blue filter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proposition Joe posted:

The yellow filter they apply to the Hong Kong flashbacks always makes me think that f.lux is turning on. Also I bet if they go to Russia they will give it a blue filter.

Uh, Russians are communists and thus it will need a red filter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it's cold, so maybe purple.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

To be fair, Arrow at least pretends to cover up Vancouver. I love The Flash, but the show's creators basically went "Right, Central City... so it looks a LOT like Vancouver, agreed?"

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

To be fair, Arrow at least pretends to cover up Vancouver. I love The Flash, but the show's creators basically went "Right, Central City... so it looks a LOT like Vancouver, agreed?"

Eh. Starling is supposed to be dark and grimy, wheras Central seems to just be a random stock standard city. It's not surprising that they put effort in to hide Vancouver in the former, but don't really care about doing so with the later.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:SPOILERS IN LINK:siren:

There was an advance screening of the crossover, and here's a list of some of the biggest things that are going to happen/be the focus of the event.

I think the biggest non-story related one we can take away is how they're legitimately planning to keep the characters bouncing between shows, and how they're very open to the idea of more crossovers later down the line.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
They also did an Q/A with the cast of both shows during the fanscreening of the crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCErK2yym4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsDX9DLDfAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_bUVR6A7Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dCkD-2smbw

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You should probably mention how spoilery this is in this thread too. And, you know, in general when it comes to promo/preview material.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Haven't found anything too spoilery yet, I just found them via Gustin's twitter.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Spoilers from the article:
Barry's mind controlled and attacks Ollie? That means we're getting Grodd in 9 days! :dance: (Or 2 if he's the stinger on this episode.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just got to a Green Arrow cameo in Lego Batman 3. Amell is the best.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Spoilers from the article:
Barry's mind controlled and attacks Ollie? That means we're getting Grodd in 9 days! :dance: (Or 2 if he's the stinger on this episode.)

That's less Grodd and more Rainbow Raider

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scyantific posted:

:siren:SPOILERS IN LINK:siren:

There was an advance screening of the crossover, and here's a list of some of the biggest things that are going to happen/be the focus of the event.

I think the biggest non-story related one we can take away is how they're legitimately planning to keep the characters bouncing between shows, and how they're very open to the idea of more crossovers later down the line.

Also of note in that article is the fact that the mid-season premiere is a three part episode focusing on Laurel (:getin:) and the third episode is called "Canaries."

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I am still on S02E20 but I'm starting to think Roy is Oliver's son. Is that something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roy is less than 10 years younger than Ollie.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Windows 98 posted:

I am still on S02E20 but I'm starting to think Roy is Oliver's son. Is that something?
Roy's at least 17, so I'd say that's highly unlikely.

Aphrodite posted:

Roy is less than 10 years younger than Ollie.
Is he? We know Oliver was born in 85 (making him 28 at the start of season 1) and Thea graduated form high school at the start of season 2, but I don't recall if Roy's age was mentioned on screen.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 25, 2014

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
This line of discussion is nonsense, even if you said that Oliver got some girl pregnant immediately after he hit puberty, that would mean that Roy was 14-15 years old in season 1 which he clearly was not (even if you invoke "The CW casts adults as high schoolers" rules, the context of his character made it pretty clear that he was older than that). Plus that would mean Thea was his aunt.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, Thea already had a crush on Tommy, her half-brother. And The Flash is introducing the concept of time travel, rendering Roy's age moot.

This is more than enough justification for the thousands of fan fictions that have, no doubt, already been written on this subject.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some official season 2 media (though since it was not said on screen, it could change) listed Roy as 22.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn't Oliver's baby half asain ?

edit: haha nah that was Roy's, nothing to see here.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

Wasn't Oliver's baby half asain ?

I thought his 'girlfriend' who was having the baby was about as white as an Ohioan.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah i'm getting my canon mixed up, i barely remember baby momma

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the comic books Oliver's son is half Asian.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

Both of them. His rape baby and his bastard kid.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

in the comics they decide what race Oliver's son is by having the colorist roll dice before each issue.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

On the same episode Katana uses her...katana, we got Oliver calling her an "outsider" :neckbeard:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Vincent posted:

On the same episode Katana uses her...katana, we got Oliver calling her an "outsider" :neckbeard:

Why is outsider in quotes? Is that a group like Suicide Squad or something?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

bobkatt013 posted:

Both of them. His rape baby and his bastard kid.

What the gently caress? Do I even want to know?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

I'm your Felicity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FELD1 posted:

What the gently caress? Do I even want to know?

In the comics Shado raped him and she had a kid. The other one was a kid that he did know until he was an adult and then it was revealed he did.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Drifter posted:

The comic character Katana was a member of "The Outsiders", Batman's own little super-hero group.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Vincent posted:

The comic character Katana was a member of "The Outsiders", Batman's own little super-hero group.

Batman's running a full on corporation of batmen worldwide these days, eh? Hrmmm. How odd. I remember some mention about a batman in Africa (I don't actually recall them saying an actual country) - was this from that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Batman's running a full on corporation of batmen worldwide these days, eh? Hrmmm. How odd. I remember some mention about a batman in Africa (I don't actually recall them saying an actual country) - was this from that?

Batman and the Outsiders started back in the 80's. Batman Inc, the series you're thinking of is very recent.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

No Batman Inc was in the recent Morrison run. The Outsiders was a comic in the 80s

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Does Felicity coordinate her glasses with her outfits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Arrow/Flash Crossover May Give Arrow More Metahumans

Thoughts?

• Locked thread