Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating
Brooklyn! Also known as Kitty, Booboo, and the Inky Black Bastard.

A friend of a friend was feeding strays in her backyard, and we came and got this one!

She's still skittish after a year, will meow if you've abandoned her, offer you her Fishy (the felt stuffed fish I made her), and sleep on you when you've been out for several hours.

In her cat fort:

And very pleased to have me back after I came back from vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
my darling feet, she is a real rascal. I understand cats are cute but wow that is a nice one.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

My little Fatfat. She's really not fat, she just has an unfortunate nickname since we never call her by the original (Wicked). She's twelve-ish, I think.

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008

This little dude is coming to live with me this weekend. His mum is a small short-legged tuxedo but he and his grey-furred sister are ENORMOUS and fluffy! I just hope he'll get along with my (very lively) six year old indoor tabby. She just loves other cats, but they're usually intimidated by her overwhelming friendliness.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-rPt1ftSo

hth

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Back from vet $300 poorer. Xrays were clear except he had, according to the vet, a lot of gas in his intestines. They gave him fluids and I have some medicine to squirt into his mouth twice a day. We gave him a dose at the vet and boy was that an adventure. He hated it and I think most of it ended up on me.

Also had them trim his claws because why not...

I'm depressed now because of all the money I've spent on him :|

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Luckily you spent $300 on a cat, so you can go play with the cat and stop being depressed. It's not like you blew $300+ on a "next gen console."

Danith
May 20, 2006
Well, he also was at the vet Wednesday which was $200.. :|

Oh well, he is purring and stuff so I guess it's ok

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Sorry if I came off as mean or anything. How old's your little guy?

Danith
May 20, 2006
3 years, got him from the human society almost a month ago now. The complementary month pet insurance expires on the 3rd so hopefully they accept past dated things (past 2 vet visits in October that cost $500 combined), and need to get vet sign off and signature on the paper work.. but if not oh well, he's a good guy and I'm glad he's feeling better. When ever I feel depressed about the money I just have to fall asleep and wake up with him holding my leg or sleeping between my legs :3 also I can just start scratching his chest for purrs and random meows

Danith
May 20, 2006

Danith posted:

3 years, got him from the human society almost a month ago now. The complementary month pet insurance expires on the 3rd so hopefully they accept past dated things (past 2 vet visits in October that cost $500 combined), and need to get vet sign off and signature on the paper work.. but if not oh well, he's a good guy and I'm glad he's feeling better. When ever I feel depressed about the money I just have to fall asleep and wake up with him holding my leg or sleeping between my legs :3: also I can just start scratching his chest for purrs and random meows

edit: oh god my first double post.. here's a pic of my cat laying against my fat rear end

My roommate has a dog and it's cool, but nothing compares to a cat laying next to you and purring :3:

Danith fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 2, 2014

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Phaeoacremonium posted:

This little dude is coming to live with me this weekend. His mum is a small short-legged tuxedo but he and his grey-furred sister are ENORMOUS and fluffy! I just hope he'll get along with my (very lively) six year old indoor tabby. She just loves other cats, but they're usually intimidated by her overwhelming friendliness.

Oh wow, those eyes! What an adorable floofball :3

I just shaved my kitty's assfur to save myself $80. It was a gross, humbling experience.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jet went outside!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
:supaburn: Run! A ferocious killer is on the prowl!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Jet went outside!

I can't tell if cat big or bench small.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Porch Kitty: "You got a problem!?"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Coffee is my fittingly named black cat. She is bitter and sour all the time! The grumpiest cat! Coffee was one of two kittens from an accidental litter we had about four or five years ago. The other one was shipped out to my in-laws, where he is the neighborhood alpha cat, prime hunter, and sack of potatoes for a house with two little girls who hurl him around like a toy. Coffee can't be bothered to chase a cricket, yowls horribly when you pick her up, and considers kisses to be torture. She's my favorite cat. :kimchi:

My wife has spent years, quote, "Working on Coffee's feeties". Despite her tendency to grump out any time somebody tries to manhandle her in any way, you can basically grab her paws and do whatever you want with them, she doesn't give a gently caress.

Miss Coffee is a lady

Yep, a lady

She sleeps on an electric blanket on a heated waterbed basically all winter long. The bed's the only place we're allowed to pet her in any way you would consider convenient. She is against laps and if you want to pet her on solid ground it's only on her terms - you're either leaning down and following her across the floor as she moves away from you a few inches at a time while also expecting you to pet her, or she's moving between tiers on the cat tower to avoid you, while also expecting you to follow and pet her. :downs:

I also cannot emphasize enough how much this cat hates being lifted off the ground. She cannot stand being picked up, unless we "use protection". If she's wrapped up in a bag or in a box she doesn't care. :shrug:

Danith
May 20, 2006
Your cat is awesome :3:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Coffee's lovely :3:

And huh, my Leo does the same - he absolutely hates being picked up. Or handled, really - if you reach down to pet him, he'll scoot away from you. Silly cat, however, doesn't mind feet - often I'll be sitting on the couch and he'll come rub himself on my feet, and purrs really really loud when I scratch him with my toes. Try to bend down and reach for him and he'll run.

I think my cat is broken.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mirthless posted:

My wife has spent years, quote, "Working on Coffee's feeties". Despite her tendency to grump out any time somebody tries to manhandle her in any way, you can basically grab her paws and do whatever you want with them, she doesn't give a gently caress.

Why, then, do we have no pictures of Coffee's feeties? :colbert:

Have a Pickle-foot:

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
i love the little white patch my cat gets after visiting the vet

Danith
May 20, 2006
Cat paws!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mirthless posted:

She cannot stand being picked up, unless we "use protection". If she's wrapped up in a bag or in a box she doesn't care. :shrug:

The only time she is okay on my lap is if she is fully enrobed in a plastic bag. I think it's because she knows bag time is playtime and not capital cuddlement

durrr

:downs:

I made a lot of attempts to capture the feeties but my phone's autofocus was being a dick and this was the only shot I managed to get that couldn't be mistaken for bigfoot:

secret feeties :ninja:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

My old man cat, Boo Radley.

I need to find the old photos we have of him as a kitten. I swear he was at least 80% hind feet and ears.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The silly black kitten with the unusually fluffy tail grew up to be the biggest animal in the house within two years. Surprise Maine Coon, I suppose.

e:
She's on the right in this one, too. The adult cat on the left is about 50% bigger than the adult cat in the first photo.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 25, 2014

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
BOXES

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I am pretty sure I have this exact same picture somewhere around here :3:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Chronojam posted:

The silly black kitten with the unusually fluffy tail grew up to be the biggest animal in the house within two years. Surprise Maine Coon, I suppose.

e:
She's on the right in this one, too. The adult cat on the left is about 50% bigger than the adult cat in the first photo.

Snap!

Danith
May 20, 2006
drat that's a fluffy tail.

Here's my friends fluffy cat. He's a ragdoll and I almost feel sorry for him with how fluffy he is.

Danith fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 28, 2014

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
My black cat Shadow is mad as a cut snake and the worst case of false advertising Ive ever seen.

(Im sure whatever shes thinking about is deep. Deep as poo poo.)

I had one black cat that needed to go to the kitty farm (also mad as buggery, just in a different way) and my other cat seemed lonely, so I went to the shelter to rescue one. The lady trots out this new kitty whos just old enough to be adopted out. She was snuggly and singy and nuzzly and when I got her some she turned. TURNED! My other cat hated her coz she was a rough player and a bit of a bully and a lot of a bitch, but over time they came to a slightly uneasy truce that generally went OK.
Also, she is not in the slightest bit snuggly and that incident at the shelter was the only time its ever happened. She will come over for pats when she wants them, but you sure as poo poo dont just rock up and pat Shadow.

She has only one hobby. Looking for treasure. She looks under things, in things, behind things. Pull the sheets back to get into bed and shes all like 'Oh! whats under there?'. Move a box or something and shes like 'Holy poo poo! I didnt know there was a ~behind~ the box!'

(A rare time there was treasure! Some little lizard or something.)

She likes to sit like a drunk person or a kid waiting for story time, all kind of 'sup?' and half souched up against walls.

(Hurry the gently caress up and start reading to me)

Out of squeaky things and mice and moving things and all the other toys Ive ever got for her she only likes 2 things. Tennis balls which get loving MURDERED by her back legs in a kickfrenzy, and plastic rings off the top of bottle/jar lids. Shell tear arse around the house with them like the whole floor is an air hockey table. Of course, they get lost under fridges and mats and boxes and beds, and I even had to resort to sending out a bulk email to get people at work to keep their plastic rings for her. She now has about 45 in waiting but she doesnt know it. I think shed have a seizure if she did.

(Cant decide, so Ill kill the ball AND the ring)

This is Shadow and she is a Black Cat.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Hi Stella.

Such elegant creatures.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That dust bunny is staring at me. :stonk:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I got the last two beers in the fridge, and welp.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Beach Bum posted:

I got the last two beers in the fridge, and welp.

1) Prince has chosen his new name. All hail "Fat Tire".

2) That is my cat give him back.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

My cats never hold their tongues out. It's like seeing an eclipse, which is why I found it so dang laughable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX88fmbqdgU

kalanikaloni
Jan 8, 2009
Charm has never been able to keep her tongue in her mouth:

Also she is a little hobgoblin most of the time.

bettsta
Jul 21, 2008
Sometimes Hudson falls asleep mid-groom because he is a big lazy idiot.

Bonus extreme napping pic:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

We have a black cat named Samantha, who we adopted about four years ago. She is not very bright, but she's very loving.

She has a 'boyfriend' who someone abandoned in our apartment complex. We took him in about two years ago. We call him 'Hunsley,' because we overheard a neighbor refer to him as that one day while he was outside, and liked the sound of that. They aggravate each other, but don't seem to get too mad. They chase each other a lot.

We set Sammy Cat up a little seat with her stuffed animals.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Does Charm have rings in her tail?! :kimchi:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalanikaloni
Jan 8, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

Does Charm she have rings in her tail?! :kimchi:

She does indeed! I never saw her parents, but my friend has one of Charm's littermates and he's a silver tabby, so I'm guessing she's got tabby markings under that black fur. I'll try and get a better picture of her stripey tail when she's not being such a gremlin. :)