Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Might be a straightforward question, but why the huge mark-up on stuff bought at the commissary? Is it to generate profits for the prison? It just seems odd to me to mark-up items that are sold exclusively to people with low/limited incomes.

Also, what are people's levels of hygiene like? Do a lot of people have bad skin? Is there a lot of BO? If someone stinks, do they get hell for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Halisnacks posted:

Might be a straightforward question, but why the huge mark-up on stuff bought at the commissary? Is it to generate profits for the prison? It just seems odd to me to mark-up items that are sold exclusively to people with low/limited incomes.

It is absolutely a money-making thing, especially when you consider the privatization of US correctional facilities. I had no option to make any sort of wage while in county jail, paid $2 a day to live there, and still had to buy my own salt to make the food somewhat edible. I had to buy my own SALT at 50 cents for 10 of those little paper envelopes you get for free by the fistful at take out fast food places. Fortunately, I have some skills as an artist, and plenty of time to practice, so I would trade drawings (greeting cards, tattoo designs, or just something to hang on your cell wall) for poo poo like ketchup packets and pepper. I have not since taken free condiments for granted.

This thread caused me to dig up my Big Folder of Paperwork I Brought Home from Jail... I thought I'd saved the commissary pricelist to share with y'all, but it's not in there. :( I did find some art I did inside. Behold, "Le Still Life of a 7 x 10 Cell", drawn on paper I ripped out from a book before I could afford a notepad:

That was pretty much my view for about 12 hours a day. (Jail has a lot more lock down time than prison, from what I gather.)

I was also fond of checking out horrible romance novels from our "library" and copying the covers for practice of drawing people... with a very goony twist for each one. I'll ditto what Valuum said; just talking like a normal person makes you look like a scientist, so me having two college degrees and doing stuff like this, well, I got some odd looks. Probably not advisable.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 24, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Please mail this to the author and artist with an explanation of what you were trying to do.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
No idea race was so huge here. Are recent African immigrants treated differently than black Americans, and so on, or is skin everything?

Wardens must know all about the drugs smuggled through letters, right? Wouldn't this be completely cut off if they only handed prisoners photocopies? Is it a money/manpower thing? Hard to believe there's a rights argument against this when you're stripping them of all sorts of basic liberties by definition, paying them pennies, and withholding non-family mail regardless.

Also surprised about the lack of surveillance, crazy that a supermarket cares more about shoplifting than a prison cares about bashing skulls. Money again? Vandalism concerns? Would higher-security prisons be better covered?

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

bitcoin bastard posted:

Is there a Sunni/Shia thing in prison, or are you just a Muslim inside?

I'm guessing that most of the Muslims are Nation of Islam or something similar.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

bitcoin bastard posted:

Is there a Sunni/Shia thing in prison, or are you just a Muslim inside?

I've only seen Sunni muslims.

omnibobb posted:

What is just the weirdest loving thing you ever saw?

Oh god, where do I start? There was a giant gang war over a $1.31 bag of uncle bens instant rice. I've seen a lot of fights over petty dumb poo poo like that. I mentioned earlier in the thread this guy Roofus called another guy a bitch. The other guy chased Roofus into my cube (neither of them locked in said cube) and started stabbing at him. Roofus was a goofy motherfucker who hung out with nothing but "sissies" and everyone made fun of him. Once I saw him fight though I deemed him a certified bad rear end. He was dodging knife shots and getting counter attacks like loving Jason Bourne. Then the other guy broke a broom stick and started stabbing at him (Roofus was pinned between a heavy rear end table and lockers) and Roofus kept on dodging...talking poo poo the whole time. That was surreal.

Halisnacks posted:

Also, what are people's levels of hygiene like? Do a lot of people have bad skin? Is there a lot of BO? If someone stinks, do they get hell for it?

People tend to be very hygienic in prison, almost to the point of stupid. Some people won't even touch doors, they put their shirt over their hand then touch it. Which seems stupid to me because you know they don't do that poo poo when they open the door to an Applebees or McDonalds both of which have had way more hands touch it. If people stink they definitely get hell for it. Some people do get bad skin just because of the water and lovely face care products. There was this dude with HORRIBLE acne who showed me pictures of him when he was in the world and his face was perfectly clear. Guys that have done a lot of time are "bugs" about hygiene.

Also yeah, they just jack up the prices on stuff to make money. It's extremely lucrative.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Feeding people bland lovely foot and then selling salty, high fat, msg filled food at a premium is basically printing money.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Hah, Dempsy, you musta had the same "designer" layout your jail, cause that poo poo is spot-on loving SoDak its not even funny.

And is there any reason why guys wig out so bad with the hygiene poo poo? My buddy who did a bunch of time is like that, like just an absolute clean freak (like he came and crashed at my place and since i've had the flu i've let it get kinda bad - just dumped the mail on the counter, let the dishes pile up, laundry on the floor kinda goony lazy poo poo. Not like, cockroaches and food and poo poo, just ...not tidy) and in the amount of time it took me to shower he had my place loving spotless because he couldn't stand "general slobbiness" for a night.

Especially because the chicks are...terrible. Like jesus christ, you could solve the fossil fuel crisis on the amount of oil in the hair of most of the other girls in my pod when i was in county. I mean, yeah, shampoo and conditioner is loving overpriced as hell from the commissary (I'm talking like $4 for a bottle of Suave that is $1 in the grocery store), but still, once a week doesn't use that much of it.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Badgers posted:

I see a lot of incarcerated patients who have attempted to implant objects (dominos, flat wooden shapes like hearts etc) into the shafts of their penis, Is this a thing where you were at? Is it for sexual pleasure or are these guys just nuts? Also had a patient who sliced his penis clean off with a razor, and was holding it in his hand staring at a CO as he made his rounds. Did you see a lot of crazy stuff like this?

This is a big thing in prison here in NZ. The preferred thing to use is a certain piece of hard plastic you find inside a ball point pen, I don't know how to describe it. You melt that into a ball and slide it into a cut you make on your dick with a razor. Supposedly it's to pleasure women but I think it's just a fashion, probably caused by boredom. There are guys who have shitloads of them, sometimes they get infected and reject, it can get pretty gross.

Good thread btw.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
When I was in the halfway there was a section in my facility for the chos (chomies, chomes, mos, chesters, My Pastor, My Boy Scout Leader, etc.) Their program was much more intensive (for obvious reasons) and they had to travel by buddy system to avoid getting hosed up. They literally could not go anywhere by themselves. They couldn't go to get meds or use the microwave by themselves. They would get busted on hardcore. "Yeah the buddy system worked out real well for you on the streets!". "No, Toy's R' Us is not a suitable pass location." etc. They would all leave at once to go to sex offender therapy and we would joke that they were racing to catch the school bus. Not all of them were chos of course, but that is what they were called. Some were, I had to stand by some old guy holding his chomo therapy book.

Speaking of busting (ha) on people, people joke on each other all day (and night, even when you have to work) long. 95% is about the state of repair and activity of your butthole. I am blown-out (ha) on rear end in a top hat jokes for a lifetime. I am not kidding when I say it was 30+ times a day.

But people were out on the streets and wanted to stay out so violence was to a minimum, when people did get in a fight nobody told. It wasn't like locks in socks though, just fistfights. Somebody with a busted up face "fell off a ladder at work" haha.

One thing I will say is that people can (figuratively..... sometimes literally??) get away with murder with a good lawyer. I've seen a few people should be doing 10 years in the pen in the halfway house (work release basically). Those were people who dropped 25-30k on a lawyer though, but 3-5 will do WONDERS over a public pretender. That poo poo should be illegal, they have 40 cases at one time and all they can do is poo poo out deals real quick with the DA. I know I'd if I had even 2k a year ago I'd be much better off now, and if I had that or a bit more when I was in court I'd have half the sentence and be done at this point.

Random Fun Fact: Women only get sentenced to 60% of the time on average for the exact same crimes as men

Tussin Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 25, 2014

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

Tussin Grimace posted:

Speaking of busting (ha) on people, people joke on each other all day (and night, even when you have to work) long. 95% is about the state of repair and activity of your butthole. I am blown-out (ha) on rear end in a top hat jokes for a lifetime. I am not kidding when I say it was 30+ times a day.

This is called the slip game where I'm from. God I heard it all day too. It's so weird that in a all male prison gay jokes would be so common. There was this really young boyish looking kid named Drinkhorn and this big Aryan guy would be making jokes about how they were going to get married on the yard and stuff. My buddy Jimmy would always scream "STOP TOUCHING ME THERE" randomly in the unit. Also whenever there was a female working the front desk (which is pretty close to the front bathroom) he'd be taking a piss screaming "OH gently caress YEAHHHH, AWW gently caress YEAHHHH, gently caress YEAHHHHH" and freak the female COs out. Another one he'd do is talk loudly about gay poo poo around female CO's that were walking up (acting as if he didn't know they were coming"

"The first time I made love to a man, I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not-Oh hey Ms. Smith!"

I can't tell you how many "slips" you hear a day. Another one people joke about is 6 Mile/Woodward which is Palmer Park, which is where all the transsexual prostitutes hang out. "Man I think I saw you once at a redlight at Palmer Park with someone head bobbin' up and down in your lap". I could go on for days but I can't think of too many of the good ones.

Oh yeah, another joke is "hot dog detail" which means they cut up your hot dogs (get it?).

Also in response to the weirdest thing I saw, I forgot about this. I saw a guy with a Hello Kitty sleeve of tattoos, hahaha. That almost topped the Meth Lab Tattoos I saw.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
When someone would fart people would say "that sounds tampered with" or "sounds like you need a new o-ring" or "sounds about my size"

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Tussin Grimace posted:

One thing I will say is that people can (figuratively..... sometimes literally??) get away with murder with a good lawyer. I've seen a few people should be doing 10 years in the pen in the halfway house (work release basically). Those were people who dropped 25-30k on a lawyer though, but 3-5 will do WONDERS over a public pretender. That poo poo should be illegal, they have 40 cases at one time and all they can do is poo poo out deals real quick with the DA. I know I'd if I had even 2k a year ago I'd be much better off now, and if I had that or a bit more when I was in court I'd have half the sentence and be done at this point.

This is so true. I only saw it a few times, but if anyone was acting as there own lawyer they were literally scoffed at by everybody, including the judge. Of course this isn't the best defense strategy but those guys all seemed serious about it, and it was kind of sad to see them being dismissed before even given a chance.

Our county commisary was a rip-off too. The biggest ripoff though was the salary the commisary guy was paid. He was one of the sherrif's buddies and was paid some crazy amount just to hand out commisary for 2 hours 3x a week and kick it around the station the rest of the time.

Guys always purchased women's deodorant. I believe it was because the women's was name brand name, and there in worked , unlike the crap men's deodorant. We also had powdered Horchata which you mixed with water and was actually loving delicious.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

Tussin Grimace posted:

When someone would fart people would say "that sounds tampered with" or "sounds like you need a new o-ring" or "sounds about my size"

Yup, that's a classic line too. I'll try to think of some more, they were so common it's almost hard to remember them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr.Caligari posted:

This is so true. I only saw it a few times, but if anyone was acting as there own lawyer they were literally scoffed at by everybody, including the judge. Of course this isn't the best defense strategy but those guys all seemed serious about it, and it was kind of sad to see them being dismissed before even given a chance.

"A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client."
Even lawyers don't represent themselves if they have any choice, they hire another lawyer.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Didn't think of this until I saw the sketch of the cell, but... what's it like to poo poo in close proximity to several other guys? What's the eye contact situation? Do you announce yourself, or do you just go to it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

photomikey posted:

Didn't think of this until I saw the sketch of the cell, but... what's it like to poo poo in close proximity to several other guys? What's the eye contact situation? Do you announce yourself, or do you just go to it?

If it's a two man cell, wait until the other guy goes for a shower. If it's a dorm just go whenever the bathroom traffic is low.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It's not too uncommon for a prisoner to make more money than a guard in nordic prisons since they accept all the overtime they can and are paid according to labor union contracts of their field of labor. Since many of them are a bit bored and eager to save up for life outside, they work like hell and land in the real world with a nice nest egg.

Thought about this in comparison to the lack of money in US prisons.

Nutrimentia
Apr 30, 2013

You're a cantaloupe!
Thanks for this thread. I think you've got a shot at making a good book out of this, you write well.

I'm curious to know about chess in prison.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vahakyla posted:

It's not too uncommon for a prisoner to make more money than a guard in nordic prisons since they accept all the overtime they can and are paid according to labor union contracts of their field of labor. Since many of them are a bit bored and eager to save up for life outside, they work like hell and land in the real world with a nice nest egg.

Thought about this in comparison to the lack of money in US prisons.

How do Nordic prisons compare to what has been posted here? From what little I have seen of them, the accommodation looks almost as good as a budget hotel (with shitter decor). I mean, that Brevik guy has a ps3 or something doesn't he? Do you have the issues with drugs being smuggled, booze being made, gangs etc?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

spud posted:

How do Nordic prisons compare to what has been posted here? From what little I have seen of them, the accommodation looks almost as good as a budget hotel (with shitter decor). I mean, that Brevik guy has a ps3 or something doesn't he? Do you have the issues with drugs being smuggled, booze being made, gangs etc?

From what I understand, not really, Nordic prison's are focused on making someone a productive member of society again, rather than punishment, and it works.

THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH AND PRACTICE ON STUDENT ENGAGEMENT posted:

The current view on the treatment of prisoners in the United States is that an increase in punishment yields a decrease in crime rates. In reality, the U.S. crime and recidivism rate is higher than that of any other country. Considering the relationship between individuals who are undereducated and incarcerated, there seems to be an obvious need to reform the current education system. In contrast, other countries have models for prison systems that seem to be more effective at reducing recidivism and crime; most notably, Nordic prisons employ a philosophy of rehabilitation to decrease recidivism. Consequently, the United States may possibly benefit from a decrease in recidivism by widely adopting features from the Nordic prison systems.
link= http://www.dropoutprevention.org/engage/incarceration-within-american-and-nordic-prisons/

Not trying to hijack your thread about prison experiences or make it to much about prisoner rights/reformation but by any metric Nordic prison is much more pleasant of an experience, and since the focus is on decreasing recidivism rather than punishment, they actually have MUCH lower recidivism rates.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

"A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client."
Even lawyers don't represent themselves if they have any choice, they hire another lawyer.

Tell me about guys who play lawyer in prison. I think we had a guy posting here a few years ago talking about how he was helping people with their appeals and such. I know there are guys who file 100s of lawsuits, but do people work on their cases? Are there guys who actually make progress? Are there people who play lawyer and try to work on other folks cases?

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

Nutrimentia posted:

Thanks for this thread. I think you've got a shot at making a good book out of this, you write well.

I'm curious to know about chess in prison.

Chess if fairly popular, I never understood good strategy so I couldn't tell you how good people are. I'm sure there's a few people on any compound that are actually pretty talented though. Some people play all day.

SubjectVerbObject posted:

Tell me about guys who play lawyer in prison. I think we had a guy posting here a few years ago talking about how he was helping people with their appeals and such. I know there are guys who file 100s of lawsuits, but do people work on their cases? Are there guys who actually make progress? Are there people who play lawyer and try to work on other folks cases?

This is more common at the higher levels where people are doing big amounts of time. I knew a lot of guys that went to the legal library and learned some poo poo. I don't really know too much about it so I can't comment to hard. From what I saw though prison lawyers don't get people off on anything really, but they do prevent the institution from loving over people. For example my homeboy got caught with a bunch of heroin and they tried to give him a new charge. He researched the case and found out that everywhere in prison, even your own bunk, is considered a common area in the eyes of the law (not by institutional rules though) and beat the case.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

spud posted:

They are like nice motels with organized activity. Many of them allow you to get out to buy groceries and go to work in the morning and they have video games and movies and nice gyms and big yards and computer rooms and what not. They are fairly comparable to a somekind of youth summer camp. People don't often have to smuggle cell phones since they can have them as normal. Guards engage and cooperate with the prisoners to help them with daily activities. The new prisoners are the nicer looking ones and the old prisons look like "prisons" with still bars and poo poo like that, and have old-timey cells and more cement, but still function like the other prisons, despite looking rougher. Here is a shittier and older prison cell with a prisoner:

There are no prison uniforms often, but your own clothing that you buy with the decent money you make.

The decor is often better than american motels, in my experience.

Here is a newer type open prison with no walls:

Canteen

Compound:

Entrance:

This prison has cells like this:

You being a murderer or a serial killer in itself is often not a reason to treat you differently if you act like people. And when you treat people like people, they often act like people.
But the few trouble customers spend time in their own sections that limit some basic freedoms but are not too bad.

Finland has a total of one guy in solitary right now, a police supervisor who got caught with organized crime connections, with millions buried in his yard and poo poo, so he can't get a cell phone or talk to other prisoners due to the National Bureau of Investigation having suspected police officers on their hunt list and they don't want to compromise that. Some judges are fairly opposed to keeping Supervisor Aarnio in long solitary, since he has been in solitary almost 8 months now. Almost unheard of.
Norway has a maximum penalty of 25 years with then yearly checks if you should wait for parole. Finland has a "life sentence" that often means 6-10 years in prison, 6-10 in probation after that and rest of your life on suspended sentence. Sweden has prison years for 10 (18 in case of murder, but basically no one sits that long) in their "life sentence" and rest of it on probation. Recidivism is fairly low and leniency for everyone is always emphasized. In a complete reversal, judges aim for the most leniency possible and mitigating factors are always heavier than aggravating ones.

The victim and the perp are both victims of the shortcoming of the society.

And the important part is that they work. Prisoners rehabilitate, are happier, enter the society again (though they are never kept truly separate) faster and overall society benefits.
These are also much cheaper institutions than americans are, since prisoners do most the stuff themselves, such as food and activities. ALso operating the prison ferry in some cases, lol.
Criminal records don't gently caress people over and employer has no right to know about them unless they pertain to the field, such as embezzlement for banking, abuse of authority for security guard, ie you get the point. Even then it is not a disqualifier automatically. When nearing release, they often strive to keep their jobs they had while inside or prison counselors help to get them into public jobs like libraries, public works and other similar jobs help them land on their feet. They also get regular housing, student and unemployment assistance as any resident gets if they can't find work.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 26, 2014

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
the average American, especially your older white middle-class baby boomer, would rather put criminals in concentration/gulag-style labor camps than something like that

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004
That's crazy how different that is. I can't help but think America has a different type of inmate though. I've met so much true trash, I hate to say it, it makes me sound like one of "them" but they would be stabbing each other and stealing no matter what environment they were in. There is just this culture of violence and scurvy-ness. It's like people base their life philosophy around Project Pat songs (seriously).

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Even a progressive prison in the US wouldn't do much good without the all the infrastructure that social democracies like Finland enjoy. Properly funded school systems, employment laws/insurance and healthcare all work together to reduce recidivism.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
Yeah what I've thought is that they'd rather have 10 people serve more time than they probably deserve if it keeps one person who really deserves it from getting off easy. Although I've met some real steaming pieces too as well, with all the poo poo they'd happily retell that they got away with, all the people they burglarized and robbed etc.

"Hitting Licks" is a term I heard way too often and is a term I associate with disdain

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tussin Grimace posted:

the average American, especially your older white middle-class baby boomer, would rather put criminals in concentration/gulag-style labor camps than something like that

No they don't. Quit making stuff up itt.

Esoter1c
Jul 18, 2007
Do you know me?
Great thread so far, sorry if I overlooked this, but is goof one of the worst names you can call some one in American prison like it seems to be here in Canada? And if so, why, what does it mean?

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Where do you live? What he said is definitely true.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

spacetoaster posted:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Where do you live? What he said is definitely true.

spacetoaster posted:

I have to listen to everyone I meet tell me how 'soft we are on criminals' our society is once they find out I work in a state prison, and it ain't just Baby Boomers.

It pisses me off to the point where I just lie about the nature of the facility because I constantly want to punch people in the face.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Esoter1c posted:

Great thread so far, sorry if I overlooked this, but is goof one of the worst names you can call some one in American prison like it seems to be here in Canada? And if so, why, what does it mean?

In Canada it started out as sort of the equivalent of "Chomo" in this thread: it was a term for sex offenders. But it then spread and became a generally used derogatory term.

Source: friend was a CO near Kingston (aren't all prisons in Ontario near Kingston? lol)

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!

JiimyPopAli posted:

In Canada it started out as sort of the equivalent of "Chomo" in this thread: it was a term for sex offenders. But it then spread and became a generally used derogatory term.

Source: friend was a CO near Kingston (aren't all prisons in Ontario near Kingston? lol)

I always wondered about that, had a friend who did time in Eastern Canada and he was very emphatic about not calling him a goof.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Scald posted:

I always wondered about that, had a friend who did time in Eastern Canada and he was very emphatic about not calling him a goof.

I asked him about it a long time ago as I had heard that it started in Pens where the CO's didn't want to hear people swearing. He laughed at that, since they would usually call the guy "A fuckin goof" which ruled that out pretty quick. Hopefully the OP can chime in on if he's heard it used.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

Esoter1c posted:

I've never heard anyone take offense to it. The worst words to be called are "Bitch" or "Fuckboy". "Lame" is another term for someone who is soft.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Goof is an almost purely Canadian term. It means, at best, total fuckup and at worst it's a term for a child predator. I don't think I've ever heard a Canadian use it affectionately either.

The Valuum
Apr 11, 2004

The-Mole posted:

Goof is an almost purely Canadian term. It means, at best, total fuckup and at worst it's a term for a child predator. I don't think I've ever heard a Canadian use it affectionately either.

I actually use goof all the time, not in that type of way though. I just use it to mean a weird-o basically.

Lemme think of some prison slang:

Boge - Think "Bogus" without the "us". I don't know how to describe it, "driving boge" would be like driving without a license "Boge plates" etc. Having a boge tv would be a TV that isn't yours.

Mellow - A friend

Brother Man - Fellow gang member

Spoon - $20 worth of weed

In the car - To "roll with" someone. For example if your girlfriend stays loyal to you while you're locked up she's "in the car".

Shot/shooter - Knife/stabbing someone

Grown Man - Chow hall sausages, they're basically big hot dogs. Meant to be like a dick joke.

That poo poo - LOP aka loss of privileges

Them people - Parole board.

People say "Whattup, Doe" too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

I heard from a lot of people from the Feds that in there your "car" means your gang/clique/area. Like there is the GD "car" or a "car" for say Surenos from NM and stuff like that. Must be linked to how they organize people/how people clique themselves up in there.

• Locked thread