Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'll start the kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

angerbot posted:

I think it's the World of Darkness MMO and get all excited

You know they finally pulled the plug on that officially, right?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Chomp8645 posted:

You know they finally pulled the plug on that officially, right?

Yeah :(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

If it makes you feel better it was being made by CCP so it probably would have been hot garbage anyway.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, it's possible he's a scumlord, and it's possible he's an idiot. If it was me I wouldn't come here to defend myself either, that never ends well, lol.

Seriously though, if you want to see cognitive dissonance in action, join goonswarm and read the scams section. It is baffling the poo poo average people fall for.
I only encountered SCT when I started this game near launch, so I have no bias towards or against him so I vote idiot.
I was in the mumble when the story was "19yo lying to get her pics removed". Sketchy story, but more plausible than a friend you've known for a year and met once IRL turning out to be a huge creepy that grooms 15yo girls. If what you said is true then fits in line with BFM being a master scammer, perhaps probably to groom SCT too.

LegionAreI posted:

So apparently you can still use the Flirtatious Flower item to kick people off their carts and run off with them, so if you're looking for something to do have at.
Wait, this is a thing?
Why did no one loving tell me of it
Why did no one loving tell JerkJerk this?

This changes blockades drastically!... If I did more than 20min cart runs anymore.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

archeage is really bad and i regret spending any money on it. oh well
I spent :20bux: on more credits last week for another month :saddowns:
Total $60, I played it a lot, had fun at first. Got my Bungalow and Hauler.
Too bad the trading system is shallow, my bungalow (while super cool) is useless since we don't have like 10 merchant ships on at a time and the Gwen>WA route makes it obsolete for staging packs for land-trade. If I could store east packs on it and then cart them to Gwen that'd be cool, but too bad you can only turn them in at one of the 3 ports.

Spent $75 on Super Smash Bros and a stupid Pikachu figure (shutup), more fun than ArcheAge (tm)

Friendly Tumour posted:

Archage is the best. i'm tempted to join up just to find out how you can possibly get a drama shitstorm kicked up about loving fishing oh man
IMO it's too late unless Trion plans on patching up to 1.7 in quick succession.
Doubtful as that's a lot of money to patch every 1-2 months. I'm only really in for the next month or so to try to get the loyalty donkey (5 tokens per day logging in, so that's 60 days total)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Chomp8645 posted:

If it makes you feel better it was being made by CCP so it probably would have been hot garbage anyway.

Considering all I ever saw of it was like a cloth physics demo I'm not too broken up but it could have been a success or at least full of broken people to laugh at.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
smash bros more fun than archeage

ill see on on final destinations no items fuckers

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the japanese play with items on, random stage, 2v2 because they arent autistic spergs that pee their bed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
items are more fun

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

items are more fun

i wish street fighter had items, and pikachu

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I logged in this morning for the hell of it, and discovered the guy that jacked that 8x8 plot from under my nose last week ended up moving it somewhere else, and I had a perfect square about 28x28 in size to drop a thatched. So now I have another thatched in Solzreed where one of my large farms used to be. I figure I should at least log in a couple times a week since my Patron doesn't run out until sometime in January. And then at that point I'll probably never log in again since I doubt they're going to fix this game.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ruffz posted:

I logged in this morning for the hell of it, and discovered the guy that jacked that 8x8 plot from under my nose last week ended up moving it somewhere else, and I had a perfect square about 28x28 in size to drop a thatched. So now I have another thatched in Solzreed where one of my large farms used to be. I figure I should at least log in a couple times a week since my Patron doesn't run out until sometime in January. And then at that point I'll probably never log in again since I doubt they're going to fix this game.

I think the best plan for most people is to get another account, get patron on that towards the end of yours and offload property. Then pawn that account for a decent amount of realbux to some sucker.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I'm still having fun in Archeage. But I started only at the beginning of the month. Also I play on the pubbiest of servers in the pubbiest of guilds so I don't have to deal with goon drama. :toot:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

nelson posted:

I'm still having fun in Archeage. But I started only at the beginning of the month. Also I play on the pubbiest of servers in the pubbiest of guilds so I don't have to deal with goon drama. :toot:

I think you will find that Goon Squad is now the pubbiest of guilds. Bukowski has started inviting everyone in Windshade.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nelson posted:

This is the smartest goon who ever played archeage

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

Yeah, I play on Ezi with some pubbies that hopped on my rowboat and shanghaied me into their pirate guild. It's drama free fun.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

nelson posted:

Luke Johnson posted:

Yeah, I play on Ezi with some pubbies that hopped on my rowboat and shanghaied me into their pirate guild. It's drama free fun.

Archeage is fun... if you don't play with massive spergs.

Too bad the Goon Squad guild got caught in the drama and bled all over the place.

Angela Christine posted:

I think you will find that Goon Squad is now the pubbiest of guilds. Bukowski has started inviting everyone in Windshade.
Sounds like a good plan. Quiet self destruction until it turns into a huge pubbie guild then jerkjerk pulls one massive troll and disbands Goon Squad.

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 26, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You're giving me far too much evil credit. I'm just trying to find nice new people that we can groom help out and grow. Plus more people to talk to during the boring parts of the game.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Charles Bukowski posted:

You're giving me far too much evil credit. I'm just trying to find nice new people that we can groom help out and grow. Plus more people to talk to during the boring parts of the game.
I helped groom level two pubbies in the guild for about an hour tonight so they could do their tradequests and other junk. Gave me something to do instead of carting. Wore pirate/prisoner clothes the entire time.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I take goons through gha and i dont roll or ask for anything, except i wanted that necklace. It dropped tonight and someone else got it. I got mad at a video game and now I feel sad for feels and getting angry and I dont know how to go on. WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME?

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

Charles Bukowski posted:

I take goons through gha and i dont roll or ask for anything, except i wanted that necklace. It dropped tonight and someone else got it. I got mad at a video game and now I feel sad for feels and getting angry and I dont know how to go on. WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME?

When my 3 year old gets upset, we breathe deeply together 3 times. Lets try it:

in through the nose
out through the mouth

in through the nose
out through the mouth

in through the nose
out through the mouth

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I feel better, thank you.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

ThndrShk2k posted:

I think the best plan for most people is to get another account, get patron on that towards the end of yours and offload property. Then pawn that account for a decent amount of realbux to some sucker.

That's a pretty good plan. I had thought of just selling off all of my land for as much gold as I can get in case I ever come back, but since I'm probably not going to I might as well cash out and attempt to get some of the money back that I spent on the game.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aww, what happened? People were getting kicked, and then I got disconnected, and now I'm kicked too. :(

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hi

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We were down to like 12 actives, but we were finally drama-free!

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
Apparently a goonfucker by the handle of Kiiz systematically kicked everyone from guild.

We have reformed as VaIor. The capital I lacks serifs in game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

balistafreak posted:

Apparently a goonfucker by the handle of Kiiz systematically kicked everyone from guild.

GoTY 2014.
Just like in The Walking Dead TV show, the real monsters are the humans.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

balistafreak posted:

I assume we'll be reforming by meeting in windshade and having Bukowski do radius invites?

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

I assume we'll be reforming by meeting in windshade and having Bukowski do radius invites?

Pffft, if only radisu guild invites exist. Nah, I'm just right clicking every name in faction chat this time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

Aww, what happened? People were getting kicked, and then I got disconnected, and now I'm kicked too. :(

who in auth has access to see who Kiiz is

its time to name and shame in this bitch

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Liberating goon squad from the fishergoons.

Purge complete!

Werkwerk fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 27, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

done any good lynchings lately

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Was that you using Kiiz's account then? Nice "troll"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Eonwe posted:

done any good lynchings lately

Goon Squad

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

It was all worth it to make this guy grudge this hard over an MMO.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In other news, there is now a Bear mount in the cash shop, and bear farmers are super salty about it. Also a turtle mount, no one seems to have strong feelings about that one.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its a turtle pet actually. Can't ride it :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Charles Bukowski posted:

Its a turtle pet actually. Can't ride it :(

Lame. I was hoping a sea turtle mount would have a meh speed but a fast swim speed or something unique like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Lame. I was hoping a sea turtle mount would have a meh speed but a fast swim speed or something unique like that.

Apparently 1.7 has a dolphin mount. I'm hyped.

• Locked thread