Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I went to the paradox plaza to see if I could find any more information for the new Way of Life DLC. This was the first topic I saw:

Sums up the pdox forums fairly well, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

whoa buddy, the Ptolemy DLC hasn't been released yet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'll have you know the sacred bond between my sister-wife and I was approved by Ahura Mazda :colbert:

e: Unrelated, but I finally implemented Imperial administration+Absolute Crown authority in my ironman game. Now to see how long I can maintain an iron grip on franco-iberia...:getin:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Alright I'll make sure Decadence get a second look at, from what I understood it was supposed to be functioning with patch 2.2.1 again. Ah well.
My Zunbil game in 2.2.1 did show an Abbasid that collapsed while the Umayyads remained strong.

Just FYI - I'm playing a Muslim game now, and decadence just isn't something that is difficult to manage at all. For the AI it is probably easier since it automatically asks the person to shape up and imprisons them if they don't; for humans you may miss the "your brother is decadent!" message and not notice anything until decadence goes past 10. If you are holy warring a lot (and of course you should be, Muslims get absurd CBs) there's never a reason that an observant player should see decadence above 0. Add in the combat bonuses and you can paint the map whatever.

I guess that is better than what it was before when it sounded like a complete PITA, and I'm not saying it should be. :shrug:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

So if I'm a King, is there any way for me to encourage my duke vassals to adopt succession laws similar to mine?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Does anyone have that SKELETONS image handy?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Many thanks. I'm saving it this time.

e: oh what the hell it was in the OP. i searched that thing for way too long. grr.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:911:

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
So, my latest ironman game seems to be corrupted or something. It crashes about a month after I load, like clockwork, no matter what I do. Am I just straight up boned?

e: on windows 8 and i have indeed verified the game cache

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

TITY BOI posted:

So, my latest ironman game seems to be corrupted or something. It crashes about a month after I load, like clockwork, no matter what I do. Am I just straight up boned?

e: on windows 8 and i have indeed verified the game cache

I'm guessing you have the same problem that some others do. You don't own some of the unit graphics packs right? There's a bug there right now where it is trying to combine Charlemagne unit sprites with non-existent saxon unit sprites, etc. etc. I've fixed it and it will be out on the open beta patch we release this week. If it doesn't fix it let me know.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Groogy posted:

I'm guessing you have the same problem that some others do. You don't own some of the unit graphics packs right? There's a bug there right now where it is trying to combine Charlemagne unit sprites with non-existent saxon unit sprites, etc. etc. I've fixed it and it will be out on the open beta patch we release this week. If it doesn't fix it let me know.

Nice one, thanks!

Glass Hand
Apr 24, 2006

Just one more finger, Trent.

SeaTard posted:

Groogy, how many people are still playing ck2 on XP? Have you guys considered making your next game 64 bit only?

It's me. I'm playing CK2 on XP right now. :colbert:

I've never bought a unit graphics DLC because I don't give a poo poo what the units look like, but I'm pleased to hear that I dodged that particular bullet.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Glass Hand posted:

If you ever feel down one day and like nothing can cheer you up.... you can always console yourself with the thought that you, you specifically, bring me days of physical pain and dispair each year from the simple act of using XP.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Glass Hand posted:

I've never bought a unit graphics DLC because I don't give a poo poo what the units look like, but I'm pleased to hear that I dodged that particular bullet.

Yup, i am now disabling all the graphical DLC except portraits. Wish I knew it would screw my performance before I bought it, though I guess I should have known. Unless the graphical DLC released with Rajas of India had a huge impact on performance, then India definitely also made a huge difference with the added characters, mechanics and provinces which I could do without.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

You could try and micromanage your DLC's if you feel you need to disable them. Its not that each take a lot of memory, there is just so many of them :D
Use the ones you feel are important at the moment, would be a waste otherwise.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I tried doing a light mod with a few Fourth Crusade-related events from CK2+, a few melting pot events and some title recolors. I ran it in observer mode overnight, starting from the 1081 Alexiad bookmark, and when I woke up and checked the this morning, the game had crashed in 1209 somewhere and this is what I saw in the last autosave:

That's just Turkestan's color, it hasn't taken over the Golden Horde (yet) but I'm scared nonetheless.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Poors with lovely rigs and obsolete operating systems itt

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Groogy posted:

You could try and micromanage your DLC's if you feel you need to disable them. Its not that each take a lot of memory, there is just so many of them :D
Use the ones you feel are important at the moment, would be a waste otherwise.

I maintain that I would pay $20 for a DLC that would replace all of the unit sprites with HoI3-esque chits.

Martello posted:

Hi.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Martello posted:

*quietly, nervously raises his hand as a poor fellow XP-haver*

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Neither Seljuk or Timur showed up my last game, what caused that?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Bort Bortles posted:

I maintain that I would pay $20 for a DLC that would replace all of the unit sprites with HoI3-esque chits.

Man, are you going to be disappointed about HoI4's lack of NATO counters.

Baron Porkface posted:

I think they both spawn as adventurers, so if the AI gets lucky, they can just imprison them in a battle. At least that is what happened in my last game.

e X fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 25, 2014

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm pretty excited. I've got a pretty straightforward pipeline working for getting new terrain into the game using a fractal terrain generator, giving you the Terrain, Topology, Normal, Colormap and Rivers files. Going to type up a tutorial on it on the paradox forums either tonight or tomorrow :toot:

I was pretty excited about this and I don't see it on the Paradox forums. Did you post it? It sounds pretty great, I could never get maps to work.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
So, thanks to a crusade against me and a fortuitous character death and succession, my Pomeranian Republic stopped being reformed Slavic, and is now Catholic. Over many generations, I had to keep taking concubines and reconverting back to Catholicism, both out of pope fear and the sweet, sweet holy wars against my former brothers in faith (and also blood). I even took control of the Pannonian lands right below me from another crusade that my vast wealth turned around. It was a bit annoying that every time my ruler died, it had chosen a Slavic as my heir and reset the crusade's seige progress, but thanks to concubines I was always able to quickly rejoin.

So anyway this causes me to learn that apparently taking the Slavic Pannonia king's last holding destroys the title, and you need a certain culture to create it. Does that prevent me from forming the empire that it and Wallachia are de jure part of? I was hoping I could hand all of that off so that one of my neighboring family kingdoms would actually be of my new faith. I don't find much use in all of my vassal feudal dudes, because my mansion alone gives more than all the Wendish Empire + the Pannonian lands want to.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

DrSunshine posted:

*quietly, nervously raises his hand as a poor fellow XP-haver*

Haha, no, you misunderstand. I have a monster rig and Windows 7. 16 GB RAM that I can't even use for anything yet. I was just enjoying the feeling of superiority like a total dick. :smuggo:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Now I'm imagining an LP that just starts out normal and then the skeleton horde arrives from the east and kills everyone.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rincewind posted:

Now I'm imagining an LP that just starts out normal and then the skeleton horde arrives from the east and kills everyone.

The First Black Death Invasion.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rincewind posted:

Still better than Sunset Invasion

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Martello posted:

Haha, no, you misunderstand. I have a monster rig and Windows 7. 16 GB RAM that I can't even use for anything yet. I was just enjoying the feeling of superiority like a total dick. :smuggo:

*stabs you to initiate succession crisis over your leet gaming rig empire*

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Baron Porkface posted:

There are a few things which can go horribly wrong (or are even likely to) with Seljuk, Timur, and Sabuktigin (the Ghaznavid guy) spawning. Seljuk needs an independent, Islamic, Turkish character so that he can spawn in their court. Also it might be necessary that the Persian empire title not exist? I might be pulling that last part out of my rear end. Timur is the same, except a Mongolian character. I'm actually not certain about Sabuktigin, he might just spawn in the Sultan of Khiva's court as long as he exists. Anyway Seljuk seems in general to be the least likely to happen, since at the 867 start there's only one or two Turkish independents, both Tengri, and they tend to get steamrolled by the Cumans.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Fuligin posted:

There are a few things which can go horribly wrong (or are even likely to) with Seljuk, Timur, and Sabuktigin (the Ghaznavid guy) spawning. Seljuk needs an independent, Islamic, Turkish character so that he can spawn in their court. Also it might be necessary that the Persian empire title not exist? I might be pulling that last part out of my rear end. Timur is the same, except a Mongolian character. I'm actually not certain about Sabuktigin, he might just spawn in the Sultan of Khiva's court as long as he exists. Anyway Seljuk seems in general to be the least likely to happen, since at the 867 start there's only one or two Turkish independents, both Tengri, and they tend to get steamrolled by the Cumans.

Seljuk spawned in my pre-Charlemagne Zoroastrian game even when I had the Persian Empire and there were no independent Muslims north of the Oxus (or even muslim provinces), so I think it just happens automatically or if there's an independent Turkish ruler of any stripe.

I don't think it's too much of a bullshit move for them to always spawn, since there's nothing like facing down a horde of turkish horse archers as a final challenge before declaring yourself the Saoshyant, and then forcing Seljuk to convert and serve you as Marshal. :getin:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hmmm. Maybe I´m just not playing long enough? Only one I've never seen without player intervention is W-African, because even at Charlemagne they seem almost incapable of fighting properly.

Also, are the tribals in the steppes exactly the same as the others? Because uhh, I checked one Tengri dude and they didn't seem to have any cavalry. That seems, odd, to say the least.

And yea, tribal templeholders are wrong holding. Also annoying, tribal muslims are still Open, which means they manage to evade splintering to poo poo like other tribals.

Mange Mite posted:

Still better than Sunset Invasion
I wish there was more poo poo like that. Just random, crazy content that shakes it up a little. A disease that changes folks into the same culture (Vampirism maybe?), crazy off-map invasion (Why not China?) and more fish out of water stuff. (I'm a Hindu in Ireland or a Germanic in India, why is this the same as normal only worse?)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aboriginal Australian Invasion of India.

Rincewind posted:

That was your LP, honestly.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Seljuk requires a Turkish Duke+, religion and independence have nothing to do with it. For him to go adventuring however, one of Merv, Dihistan, or Khorasan have to be in a different realm.

Timur requires a Mongol Duke+ in the de jure Persian Empire. For him to go adventuring, one of Samarkand, Balkh, Merv, Dihistan, or Khorasan must be in a different realm.

Sabuktigin DOES require a Muslim Duke+ that owns Ghazna; it's the only one with a religious restriction. For him to go conquer anything requires one of Multan, Lahore, Bhakkar, or Nandana to be a different realm.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

*stabs you to initiate succession crisis over your leet gaming rig empire*

Too bad his crown law was set to gavelkind, so you end up with front panel stickers, the CPU heatsink and two drive bay covers.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Spiderfist Island posted:

Seljuk spawned in my pre-Charlemagne Zoroastrian game even when I had the Persian Empire and there were no independent Muslims north of the Oxus (or even muslim provinces), so I think it just happens automatically or if there's an independent Turkish ruler of any stripe.

I don't think it's too much of a bullshit move for them to always spawn, since there's nothing like facing down a horde of turkish horse archers as a final challenge before declaring yourself the Saoshyant, and then forcing Seljuk to convert and serve you as Marshal. :getin:

How the heck do you create the Persian Empire as a Zoroastrian in the Charlemagne start?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

AdjectiveNoun posted:

How the heck do you create the Persian Empire as a Zoroastrian in the Charlemagne start?

I didn't, I meant that it was a game I played before the Charlemagne DLC came out.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I wish there was more poo poo like that. Just random, crazy content that shakes it up a little. A disease that changes folks into the same culture (Vampirism maybe?), crazy off-map invasion (Why not China?) and more fish out of water stuff. (I'm a Hindu in Ireland or a Germanic in India, why is this the same as normal only worse?)

Well I did help with the Crusader Kings Z most, so can kinda take that as semi official if you want crazy poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It would be cool if there were more realistic military events - namely, constant losses due to disease, especially in doomstacks or on boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Funky Valentine posted:

Aboriginal Australian Invasion of India.

That was your LP, honestly.

Please, everyone knows that in my LP Skeletons, while initially enjoying unparalleled success, eventually overextended itself and was defeated by the Hungary in the Skeleton Wars.

• Locked thread