Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bought the digital version, can't actually play it for a while yet. Very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wasn't too hot on Elizabeth in P3, but she's really good in PQ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My copy came in. I now have all of my tarot cards and this bad game along with it. Fortunately the Guilty Gear demo is up so I can put it off for a bit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

persona q is not a bad game beef waifu

im sorry to break it to you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

My game just got in as well. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with these tarot cards, but I'm leaning towards forgetting I have them for several years then throwing them away.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Level up system being like Persona instead of EO is lame!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Is Persona Q available on the eshop right now in USA?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

yes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

It is!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Manatee Cannon posted:

My game just got in as well. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with these tarot cards, but I'm leaning towards forgetting I have them for several years then throwing them away.

I've seen people use them in cosplay if that's your thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

persona q is not a bad game beef waifu

im sorry to break it to you

I'll beat you up in Smash.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

I'll beat you up in Smash.

probably

im busy now though, later

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Manatee Cannon posted:

send them to me and Ill tell your fortune

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Hype. I was gonna go to gamestop but not leaving my apartment sounds preferable.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Audio quality is all over the place, the P3 MC and Zen in particular sound really muffled in some battle lines.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Before I go any further - do we know if the game is balanced around maining one group, or am I supposed to keep everyone leveled up equally?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
be sure to pick up your free kaguyas in the add-ons.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats kaguyas prevcious

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So Kanji and Naoto have new voice actors, right? I'm not just crazy here?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Amazon and GameStop both have the cartridge version at $49.99 new as well. I guess Atlus figured anyone nerdy enough to buy Chibi Maze Time would be enough of a sucker to pay $10 extra. Me, for instance. Also you apparently.
They did the same thing with SMT4, but at least in that case it was only $20 if you bought fire emblem, and plus it came with a soundtrack and art book.

This time it's just, yeah persona on 3ds lets charge more

Manatee Cannon posted:

Kanjis VA is famous now as far as video game VA goes, too busy

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's mega dumb that you have to physically walk on every tile to get the end of floor treasure chests.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Kanjis VA is famous now as far as video game VA goes, too busy

Yeah I understand that, and the replacement is really good but it was just off enough to make me unsure. Naoto sounded way different but I hadn't played P4 in months so I wasn't entirely positive.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
New Naoto sounds really weird, I'll be honest.
I really like Matthew Mercer tho.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Last anyone's checked, Naoto's old, no-name VA didn't reprise her role for P4U forward, so someone else is voicing her.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's bullshit

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naoto's new VA is Valerie Arem, the ADR Director for all the Persona games starting with P3.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
in less than 30 minutes i will be picking up my collectors edition of pq and then i will play it

then i will look at the cards and figure out a way to frame and display them

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's mega dumb that you have to physically walk on every tile to get the end of floor treasure chests.

I don't own the game, but I've played the EO games... are you sure you can't just map the floor tiles?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

kurona_bright posted:

I don't own the game, but I've played the EO games... are you sure you can't just map the floor tiles?

Nope, you do in fact have to step on them. It's incredibly stupid and I have no idea why they did it that way.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Artix posted:

Nope, you do in fact have to step on them. It's incredibly stupid and I have no idea why they did it that way.

That is bizarre. Why even paint in the floor tiles then? Do they show you which tiles you haven't stepped on?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Artix posted:

It's only really annoying on the 2nd labyrinth.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If you check the chest, it'll show you which ones you haven't stepped on. Otherwise the only thing you have to go off is that the little percentage meter in the corner didn't go up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

kurona_bright posted:

That is bizarre. Why even paint in the floor tiles then? Do they show you which tiles you haven't stepped on?

When you touch the chest at the end it shows glowy spots of which tiles you still have to step on (although that screen goes away when you move so you have to remember)

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

kurona_bright posted:

Touching the floor chest pings the unexplored tiles on the map, and yes, as far as I can tell painting in tiles has no purpose other than to confuse yourself.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When you touch the chest at the end it shows glowy spots of which tiles you still have to step on (although that screen goes away when you move so you have to remember)

ZeusJupitar posted:

Touching the floor chest pings the unexplored tiles on the map, and yes, as far as I can tell painting in tiles has no purpose other than to confuse yourself.
Okay, that's just dumb. What exactly were they trying to encourage through this?

EDIT: Wait, I think I got it. They want to encourage exploration, but they can't use your map progress because then you could just copy the map layout from online. So they make you step on every tile just so you don't ~cheat~. Which is still dumb but less so I guess.

Do they make you step on damage tiles? Are there damage tiles in this game?

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 25, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is getting those chests required for progression?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

projecthalaxy posted:

Is getting those chests required for progression?

No. I stopped getting them because I just forgot.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

littleorv posted:

After checking three places (2 gamestops and a wal-mart) I have persona q, apparently one should pre order Niche JRPG's. Now I just need to wait for my bus.

When the niche has really dedicated fans the stuff tends to run out quickly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

No. I stopped getting them because I just forgot.

Good because that sounds really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

hubris.height posted:

in less than 30 minutes i will be picking up my collectors edition of pq and then i will play it

then i will look at the cards and figure out a way to frame and display them

the cards come with the standard edition too, fyi.