Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Let me ask ya somethin, is it true that Sunny is sellin herself on the internet?"

The pisscast broke the Sunny/Skanky Kaitlyn news over a year ago try to keep up Jim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
About the Young Bucks/Danielson Strong beatdown, does the story come off as BD and Strong were being dicks and unprofessional or was it just an Austin thing of working snug? Or did the Young Bucks do something stupid that the fight was a response to?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sounded more like being dicks and unprofessional but the bucks kind of write it off as "weird" now and seem to be cool with them. just listen to talkn shop guy

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
They also talked about how sometimes if you get a reputation with the fans as working stiff, you feel an obligation to live up to that. So that it's not necessarily that they wanted to beat the crap out of The Bucks, they were just trying to give the fans what they thought they wanted.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hoo boy, this week's MLW has no Konnan or Court. It's just MSL, Kevin Sullivan and GLENN talking about WWE and TNA. Might be worth it for Kevin telling a story about Bill DeMott calling in drunk to a WCW taping though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kevin Sullivan's WCW booking run will forever be underrated because of all the poo poo he had to put up with. He had to rebook an entire show because Hogan or Nash refused to leave their house because they were getting the driveway re-done.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

coconono posted:

Kevin Sullivan's WCW booking run will forever be underrated because of all the poo poo he had to put up with. He had to rebook an entire show because Hogan or Nash refused to leave their house because they were getting the driveway re-done.

Which is something that Nash himself eventually found out when he was the booker.

I mean Sullivan gets poo poo on, but he had to deal with a lot of egos and a lot of people who had creative control. I don't care who you are, once you have a handful of wrestlers who all have control over their characters there's gently caress all you can do about it other than hope that one or two good ideas get through.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

No booze on the B&V Christmas show this year. Cancel your subscriptions unless Ed convinces them to get high.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

No booze on the B&V Christmas show this year. Cancel your subscriptions unless Ed convinces them to get high.
Bryan can never top his 'british' accent from a few years ago.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wasn't on this week's episode so I have no idea what was talked about! It was recorded before Survivor Series, I think. So Blank, Slapnuts, and Striking Yak probably give their predictions for the show!

Shout Engine

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Listened to a few eps of talking shop finally and the Fink impression had me crying from laughing so hard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Listened to a few eps of talking shop finally and the Fink impression had me crying from laughing so hard.

Have you heard the latest one? "where's my loving TRA-vel?" had me dying.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

How far back does the Observer/F4W radio archive go? I've been listening to some youtube uploads of WOLs posted at the tail end of the attitude era, things like Russo shoots before he took over WCW and Bischoff talking about the New Blood storyline as it was happening, and I'm craving more. Is that stuff online? Does it come with the subscription?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

How far back does the Observer/F4W radio archive go? I've been listening to some youtube uploads of WOLs posted at the tail end of the attitude era, things like Russo shoots before he took over WCW and Bischoff talking about the New Blood storyline as it was happening, and I'm craving more. Is that stuff online? Does it come with the subscription?

The audio archive goes back to 2005. On the board there is a thread with downloads for WOLs. It's incomplete but there are scattered shows from 99 and 2000, then a good deal from 2001.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

The audio archive is basically more the Figure Four archive, it's all there with the subscription but it starts really with 2005 Bryan and Vinny Shows. As MRT said though people on The Board have done a lot of work filling in the gaps, I do wish they'd incorporate it into the official archive though so I didn't have to go on The Board.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

njsykora posted:

The audio archive is basically more the Figure Four archive, it's all there with the subscription but it starts really with 2005 Bryan and Vinny Shows. As MRT said though people on The Board have done a lot of work filling in the gaps, I do wish they'd incorporate it into the official archive though so I didn't have to go on The Board.

It would be hard to add them because the early WOLs are really lovely quality, audio-wise.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

It would be hard to add them because the early WOLs are really lovely quality, audio-wise.

With the 2005 B&Vs in there lovely quality is no excuse.

Also Jericho needs to take lessons from Austin. Dude does 3 minutes of plugs and gets right into the Wyatt interview.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Dave Meltzer, hair extension enthusiast.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Loved the little derail about TNA just missing the boat on taking over WWE's timeslot on USA, and whether Jarrett can get enough people together to take it over.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah todays WOR was probably the funniest Dave show I've heard in a long time, dude was on sarcastic fire.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Austin's interview with Wyatt is really good outside of Wyatt's bad cell phone audio. It's also completely non-kayfabe.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

cronox2 posted:

Austin's interview with Wyatt is really good outside of Wyatt's bad cell phone audio. It's also completely non-kayfabe.

The interview is so interesting that it makes the absolutely lovely presentation even worse. There's moments that I don't have a clue what Bray is saying. Surely a landline is going to give you better quality at least right?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I found the interview with the man who spends five out of seven days on the road very interesting and quite enjoyed what I got to hear despite how horribly inconsiderate he was for using a cellular phone due to his surely hectic schedule. Hopefully next time he will consider how his horrible choice of calling device will affect my ability to hear him while I sit in a chair and read forums.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the sound quality was poo poo, mate. like i understand that he cant exactly buy 300 dollar recording equipment but the sound quality was poo poo. podcasts are purely audio and the audio was hard to make out and understand.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah, there's no excuse for Austin's podcast having worse audio quality than the Pisscast.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I get the impression that he was a wrong turn away from ending up as a serial killer.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Austin part was fine. I realize Bray is the guest and that's the part you're listening for, but jesus. I wish I had enough energy to be mad at poo poo that trivial.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Per Austin on Twitter, the interview was done via conference call and not Skype, which is another reason the quality sucked.

Having transcribed a lot of conference call stuff, being on a land line does not automatically make that crap better.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Austin part was fine. I realize Bray is the guest and that's the part you're listening for, but jesus. I wish I had enough energy to be mad at poo poo that trivial.

who's mad? people are disappointed the audio quality is crap. you're projecting a lot here

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is it worse than that Jericho interview with Bret in the early days of his podcast? That's my benchmark for low-quality podcast audio because if I can't understand what the guest is saying when I'm out walking my dog or on my commute (the only times I listen to podcasts) it's basically useless to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

The audio is kind of unlistenable, dude. It's okay to complain that something you wanted to listen to is hard to listen to. You don't have to be burning with anger to complain about that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, it's kind of amazing Bray's career was saved by a throwaway Triple H comment he probably doesn't even remember and likely cribbed from a Randy Savage promo. He just went "Yeah motherfucker, let's roll with that."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This week's Voices of Wrestling podcast is worth a listen just for the ending call with Yottsume, discussing how American NJPW fans overrate the announce team when Japanese fans think they're nothing special.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

This week's Voices of Wrestling podcast is worth a listen just for the ending call with Yottsume, discussing how American NJPW fans overrate the announce team when Japanese fans think they're nothing special.

Someone should make those Japanese fans sit through 3 hours of JBL, Cole & King

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

Same thing with Akira Fukuzawa in AJPW. An insane amount of emotion from him and amazing if you don't understand the language - but apparently if you do he's not very good.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Someone should make those Japanese fans sit through 3 hours of JBL, Cole & King

Funny, he compares one of the announcers to Lawler and says he is often annoying and smart fans complain about him all the time.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What did Bray say then? Not trying to listen to terrible quality audio.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The audio is fine. Bad audio is trying to yell at a customer service person with a heavy accent over a cell phone outside a busy store. This, this is slightly warbley.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

We can't understand a word they're saying, of course we like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Konan has always maintained the spanish wwe crew are terrible but noone in wwe in authority speaks sanish so they don't know.

• Locked thread