Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
No, but it can sicken an enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

That's great. There was a great string of strips in Knights of the Dinner Table, where BA thought that llamas had horns.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
Perhaps someone could assist me: I'm trying to find a reference image for a leaping down stab.

Like so, but from Samus' perspective - looking up at Link coming down.

I'm just looking for a reference to the posse / perspective itself, nothing character-specific. Could anyone help me out? :shobon:

ObMeiste fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 28, 2014

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I would like to see something a bit unusual: Show me your best spooky horses.

I'm looking for a mount(read: "Celestial Warhorse") image for my Paladin in my 5e game, and I want something that's spooky but not necessarily scary. Something that says "Oh poo poo that's a loving weird-rear end horse!" but not "OH gently caress KILL THAT MONSTER HORSE!"
It's not strictly what you asked for, but I always loved Torahime's horse from Muramasa Rebirth (it looks a lot better from the side, how you see it in the game).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I want to see any badass old west women you have. Preferably wearing dirty brown ponchos, ready to shoot a motherfucker.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Silentman0 posted:

I want to see any badass old west women you have. Preferably wearing dirty brown ponchos, ready to shoot a motherfucker.
Will a photograph of the real deal work?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Jason Thompson (Mockman), who created all the awesome walk-through maps for Wizards of the Coast, did a sketch for me of my gaming group playing Ravenloft on Halloween.

I'm Strahd. :drac:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Silentman0 posted:

Got you covered, hoss.

Bonus:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Peas and Rice posted:

Jason Thompson (Mockman), who created all the awesome walk-through maps for Wizards of the Coast, did a sketch for me of my gaming group playing Ravenloft on Halloween.

I'm Strahd. :drac:

Sorry your gaming room is so cramped. Otherwise this is really cool!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I always thought Sam Haight was a case of great idea, poor implementation.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

starkebn posted:

I always thought Sam Haight was a case of great idea, poor implementation.

Wasn't he meant to be a joke character? I mean he was a badass werewolf-mage-ghoul straight out of every 14 year-old's clusterfuck of an oWoD game.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sam Haight always felt like a bad case of DM's favourite villain. The stupid rear end in a top hat who won't loving die, and ends up becoming more and more absurdly powerful in order to keep him from being killed by a group of increasingly powerful PCs. The kind of awful, tortured pile of stats that a bad DM might smugly claim is their ultimate bad-rear end.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ojetor posted:

Wasn't he meant to be a joke character? I mean he was a badass werewolf-mage-ghoul straight out of every 14 year-old's clusterfuck of an oWoD game.
Ahahaha no. Old White Wolf was horrible and pretty much wallowed in that sort of stuff. While at the same time being passive-aggressive towards players who tried to do crossovers or minmaxed or whatever. The hypocrisy was and is hilarious.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I know of absolutely no one who actually used Sam Haight, or ran any of the weird dungeon crawl adventures they published.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Green Intern posted:

Sorry your gaming room is so cramped. Otherwise this is really cool!

Squeezing all six of us into a fancy four-person restaurant booth is p. tough.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ojetor posted:

Does a human-turned-werewolf-by-single-handedly-killing-and-skinning-thirteen-Garou, Tremere-blooded-but-not-blood-bound-ghoul, full-mage-thanks-to-magic-staff-that-also-makes-him-immune-to-paradox sound like a joke to you, sir? :colbert:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Does a human-turned-werewolf-by-single-handedly-killing-and-skinning-thirteen-Garou, Tremere-blooded-but-not-blood-bound-ghoul, full-mage-thanks-to-magic-staff-that-also-makes-him-immune-to-paradox sound like a joke to you, sir? :colbert:

It does, but it also sounds like something WW wouldn't realize was a joke.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I don't think he started as a joke, but him going to the shadowlands and being turned into an ashtray was a good punchline.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It must be easy for people to pick out Garou in a crowd because they're always covered in scar tissue and bulging veins.

Looking kind of like Ted Nugent in this one.

Pretty much Sabertooth in this one. He doesn't seem to be that great in VTES but I haven't played in a while.

He's from the same era as Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand and to be honest he's not that far off from that book. In the Skinner adventure for W20, Haight can be brought back from the dead but he just comes back as a normal werewolf. I think either Ethan Skemp really liked Haight or wanted to make up for him by letting something other than a nuclear bomb's worth of paradox take him out.

EDIT: I just realized that the thing he's wielding like a club in the VTES card might be the artifact that's absorbing all of his paradox. When that thing breaks, like it does in the Chaos Factor adventure where he dies, it goes off with the force of an atom bomb and melts a mountain.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 3, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
We takin' OC because I just saw a thing while browsing the internet

A stupid cat pic, but I was like 'yo, this is missing something' and a few retarded flailings in gimp and I had created an almost good thing

Khajiit commit no crimes. If I was less lovely I'd make the background a cave or something passably fantastic.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

Motherfucker posted:

We takin' OC because I just saw a thing while browsing the internet

A stupid cat pic, but I was like 'yo, this is missing something' and a few retarded flailings in gimp and I had created an almost good thing

Khajiit commit no crimes. If I was less lovely I'd make the background a cave or something passably fantastic.

that's kind of an awesome idea - I just wish the original photo was a tad clearer. Looks fine shrunk down though

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Coward posted:

I know of absolutely no one who actually used Sam Haight, or ran any of the weird dungeon crawl adventures they published.

I remember reading through one of their Diablerie: wherever modules and it was basically an empty burial mound, with another burial mound inside, linked by a tunnel filled with twenty foot long, three foot wide razor blades that described the outline of a human body, something like that manga with the holes in the cliff face. You had to make athletics checks or you started losing blood, and then you started risking frenzy, and... I skipped asking 'how', because it was patently impossible, and just asked 'why' instead, because it was patently stupid.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bieeardo posted:

I remember reading through one of their Diablerie: wherever modules and it was basically an empty burial mound, with another burial mound inside, linked by a tunnel filled with twenty foot long, three foot wide razor blades that described the outline of a human body, something like that manga with the holes in the cliff face. You had to make athletics checks or you started losing blood, and then you started risking frenzy, and... I skipped asking 'how', because it was patently impossible, and just asked 'why' instead, because it was patently stupid.

Look at American vampires, working like chumps for their unspeakable crimes to gain temporal power.

Just go to Europe, that place is littered with torpored methuselahs like this guy.

You even get a free Phrygian cap.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

It's possible to find old fighter dudes, and its possible to find fighter women. But old women are either grandma types or old ugly witches. Where are the retired knights and barbarians? The grey-haired sword dancers?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Emma might count for that? The pictures I have aren't very good though

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ObMeiste posted:

Perhaps someone could assist me: I'm trying to find a reference image for a leaping down stab.

Like so, but from Samus' perspective - looking up at Link coming down.

I'm just looking for a reference to the posse / perspective itself, nothing character-specific. Could anyone help me out? :shobon:

You might want to try perusing Senshi Stock. This person has literally hundred, if not thousands of useful action and stock poses.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
- Raja, from Suikoden V

Maeda Matsu; image is from the awesome Leppakoluola collection.
Ching Shih, Pirate empress extraordinaire
- from bornbymidnight on tumblr
p. sure Carrie Nation counts as a paladin
Not quite a fighter but similar in spirit?

Post deadly old women every day.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.

DrSunshine posted:

You might want to try perusing Senshi Stock. This person has literally hundred, if not thousands of useful action and stock poses.

Thanks for the assist! A lot to pick and choose from here, so that'll be very helpful :D

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best I can do for the most part is middle-aged-ish fighterladies, except for this:

She knows what she's doing.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Image dump. Every so often I get curious about my favorite paperback covers and who illustrated them. Today I found Leo and Diane Dillon. You probably will recognize some of their work; they were a team for something like 40 or 50 years and have done just shitloads of covers and children's books. I love their weird, super-trippy 70s style:

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 7, 2014

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

By Tarou

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

That's some loving sweet armor but she is not pulling off that Voldemort nosejob.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I need your most :krad: 80s / 90s cyberpunk art. Preferably old-school hand drawn or painted stuff that is actually from the 80s like book covers and stuff rather than the modern digital art that is all over tumblr / DA / etc

Stuff like this would be awesome:

And especially stuff with this sort of colour scheme (but not necessarily this style of painting):

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

cyberia posted:

I need your most :krad: 80s / 90s cyberpunk art. Preferably old-school hand drawn or painted stuff that is actually from the 80s like book covers and stuff rather than the modern digital art that is all over tumblr / DA / etc

Stuff like this would be awesome:

And especially stuff with this sort of colour scheme (but not necessarily this style of painting):

Check this thread for some visual and much musical inspiration

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Captain_Indigo posted:

It's possible to find old fighter dudes, and its possible to find fighter women. But old women are either grandma types or old ugly witches. Where are the retired knights and barbarians? The grey-haired sword dancers?
Sounds like you need some Beifong (Legend of Korra Book III clip).

Bonus RPG character action: Lin wears a full suit of plate in basically every scene except that one, including family dinner.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
This might not be the right thread for this sort of thing, but are there any good portals to find commission artists that could do character portraits? DeviantArt is awash with all kinds of people offering this sort of thing but it feels like a total minefield and I'm really not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

BlackIronHeart posted:

This might not be the right thread for this sort of thing, but are there any good portals to find commission artists that could do character portraits? DeviantArt is awash with all kinds of people offering this sort of thing but it feels like a total minefield and I'm really not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

I know a couple of people who have made use of Fiverr with good results.

https://www.fiverr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I think there are a few goons who take commissions as well, depending on what you want done.