Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It'd be good if when "Automatically collapse long quotes" is selected, collapsed quotes showed the first 25-50 words or so and the rest was collapsed. It's sometimes difficult to get context on the reply with collapsed quotes right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

zen death robot posted:

Having the "Hide SA Grenade on Premium Users" is breaking mine and Zoq-Fot-Pik's IK star display.

Why do you have that icon anyway? I could just remove it completely, but if it's for a specific reason, I'd probably not want to?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Master_Odin posted:

Why do you have that icon anyway? I could just remove it completely, but if it's for a specific reason, I'd probably not want to?

He's an IK/moderator of the Imp Zone.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
While I'll add it to SALR short-term, hopefully the coders actually do a permanent/proper fix for it. In any case, it's in 2.1.6.6 (as well as a fix to #lastpost re-anchoring) so should be good! :v:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 11, 2014

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013
I have a weird problem. Sometimes the addon doesn't load at all. I have to refresh page for it to load. Also I get a lot of dead tabs randomly. What I mean is that it shows forums.somethingawful.com rather than the actual title and whole page is white. This doesn't happen on any other website.
Oh and I have latest Chrome 64-bit stable 38.0.2125.104 m (64-bit)
This used to happen on previous 32-bit versions as well so it can't be version dependant.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Might be a dumb question and I'm not expecting it to happen or anything, but how hard would it be to make SALR for Safari? I know nothing about making browser extensions, just curious since SALR is pretty much the only thing keeping me with Chrome at the moment and I much prefer Safari overall.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Might be a dumb question and I'm not expecting it to happen or anything, but how hard would it be to make SALR for Safari? I know nothing about making browser extensions, just curious since SALR is pretty much the only thing keeping me with Chrome at the moment and I much prefer Safari overall.
I'm in the same boat.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I actually did write a Safari extension around the same time I wrote this but there was zero interest in it. It lives in the same codebase as the Chrome extension (or at least did). It wouldn't be terribly difficult for somebody to get it going again and retain upstream changes across both browsers.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I've been having this odd issue with Chrome + SALR where middle-click and ctrl-click no longer open links in a new tab. This affects only the SA tab, and can be fixed (for a few minutes) by closing the entire browser and re-opening. After it happens I can only right click a link, and choose open in new tab to get that behavior.

Any idea what's causing that?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Gerdalti posted:

I've been having this odd issue with Chrome + SALR where middle-click and ctrl-click no longer open links in a new tab. This affects only the SA tab, and can be fixed (for a few minutes) by closing the entire browser and re-opening. After it happens I can only right click a link, and choose open in new tab to get that behavior.

Any idea what's causing that?
Settings? (go to Configure SALR -> Miscellaneous Commands -> Dump Settings)

Master_Odin Test

Master_Odin posted:

Hurr durr I'm Master_Odin

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 26, 2014

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Master_Odin posted:

Settings? (go to Configure SALR -> Miscellaneous Commands -> Dump Settings)

Didn't even know that was a thing! Cool!
Here ya go: http://pastebin.com/0vpYNqiW

EDIT: Something I just thought to try, this only happens in a thread, not in the CP. So I can middle click a thread title in my CP and open it in a new tab. Middle clicking a link in a thread is the problem (navigational links at the top and bottom of the page seem to work normally).

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 29, 2014

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bug report:

If my username is written with a capital letter then SALR replaces it with the lower-case letter when it highlights my name.

For example, these both appear the same to me: Withak withak

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Like so:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Is there a reason that the "open updated threads" link only displays on bookmarks rather than forum pages? I mean, both of them sort new threads to the top...

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

withak posted:

Bug report:

If my username is written with a capital letter then SALR replaces it with the lower-case letter when it highlights my name.

For example, these both appear the same to me: Withak withak
Well, I fixed it as it should only be a slight performance hit to make it preserve case unless there's a lot of times your username is used on a page. That might get a bit dicey as the only way to get this to work as you want is to do a replace one at a time using the text that was already there (which is impossible to do efficiently with regex).

I've checked in a fix to this to Github however and I'll test it a bit more to see if the extension is severly slowed down though on a series of use cases.

ulmont posted:

Is there a reason that the "open updated threads" link only displays on bookmarks rather than forum pages? I mean, both of them sort new threads to the top...
Because it was only implemented on the bookmarks page and you're the first person to ask for it on the forum page as well? I could probably look into adding it however if you do think you'd use this.

(Note: You do have the option of putting updated threads first on UserCP and forums both or only on one or on neither)

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Master_Odin posted:

Because it was only implemented on the bookmarks page and you're the first person to ask for it on the forum page as well? I could probably look into adding it however if you do think you'd use this.

I would. Most of the time I browse through bookmarks and then open everything updated, but some of the time I prefer to go into a subforum (it's always The Football Funhouse) and just look at those updates (and new threads I haven't read yet, but I'm fine with that being manual).

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Master_Odin posted:

I would also use this!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Master_Odin posted:

Well, I fixed it as it should only be a slight performance hit to make it preserve case unless there's a lot of times your username is used on a page. That might get a bit dicey as the only way to get this to work as you want is to do a replace one at a time using the text that was already there (which is impossible to do efficiently with regex).

I've checked in a fix to this to Github however and I'll test it a bit more to see if the extension is severly slowed down though on a series of use cases.

Don't bend over backwards to fix it if it will affect performance, wanting to see your own username misspelled on purpose is kind of an edge case.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys,

User notes seems to have stopped, first accepting new ones (but still displaying existing ones) and now stopped displaying them after I messed around.

Browser: Version 38.0.2125.122 m (64-bit)
SALR: 2.1.6.6

User notes are displayed correctly when I dump settings.

They stopped displaying when I dumped from sync to local (70 notes) and then deleted the sync. Now nothing happens when I try to transfer from local to sync, no pop ups, nothing.

Ideas?

Yeah, I have an idea: How about I read the loving helpful notes about disabling sync if I have issues? :downs:

But then: How do I transfer settings/user notes from computer to computer?

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 20, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This is a first for me.

A page I was reading automatically redirected to youtube.com after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E10GubK4vcA

was posted.

I turned off SALR and it didn't happen anymore. I also tried it in Firefox with SALR and same thing.

Edit: turned SALR back on and I can't replicate it.

e2: in Firefox either

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 25, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

syscall girl posted:

This is a first for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E10GubK4vcA

was posted.

I turned off SALR and it didn't happen anymore. I also tried it in Firefox with SALR and same thing.

Getting this as well, but seems completely random.

I think the forums have a quote coloring feature now as well, which is overwriting quote coloring in SALR.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My forums font changed yesterday, too. Last time this happened it was a Chrome update loving up, but I haven't updated in a while.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
New version is coming out shortly, here's a changelog:

Changelog posted:

v2.1.7
+ Add title to the Single Post Link
+ Add ability to expand breadcrumbs on showthread and forumdisplay
+ Add setting to view Mod Bar (beneath top breadcrumbs) in forumdisplay
+ Add "Open unread Threads" button to forumdisplay view
* Fix CSS for two additional custom user icons when platinum grenade is turned off
* Fix CSS on numbers in forum/usercp view expanding/changing location of other numbers when you hover over them
* Fix username highlighting to preserve case on replaced text if search is case insensitive
* Modify setting string for Quote highlighting (SA does this by in yellow by default now)
* Fix SA quote highlighting overriding user preference
- Remove SALR youtube fullscreen fix (SA finally did it)

ulmont posted:

I would. Most of the time I browse through bookmarks and then open everything updated, but some of the time I prefer to go into a subforum (it's always The Football Funhouse) and just look at those updates (and new threads I haven't read yet, but I'm fine with that being manual).
Well, I added the feature in as it's basically just calling the same function with a slight tweak to ignore gray stars. You'll be seeing it shortly! :)

syscall girl posted:

This is a first for me.

was posted.

Edit: turned SALR back on and I can't replicate it.

e2: in Firefox either
Yeah, I can't replicate it at all so I have no idea. Unless it was happening consistent, I'm not sure how I'd solve it.

Does it happen with just that video anywhere it's posted? In just that thread?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think the forums have a quote coloring feature now as well, which is overwriting quote coloring in SALR.
Yeah, new style with !important styling in it so it of course takes ultra-precedence with the !important tag. Same reason why SALR breaks within YOSPOS (with no obvious way to fix it). Fixed though in next version.

Javid posted:

My forums font changed yesterday, too. Last time this happened it was a Chrome update loving up, but I haven't updated in a while.
There was talk of this in the Technical Thread but I'm not seeing it so I have no idea. Is this in a particular forum?

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 26, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Master_Odin posted:

Yeah, I can't replicate it at all so I have no idea. Unless it was happening consistent, I'm not sure how I'd solve it.

Does it happen with just that video anywhere it's posted? In just that thread?

I have never seen it before or since but because I had the same thing in FF with SALR I thought it must have meant something. Just in that thread.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

syscall girl posted:

I have never seen it before or since but because I had the same thing in FF with SALR I thought it must have meant something. Just in that thread.
Link?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617332&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1633

I'd already seen the Bane Outtakes video posted and the Marvin in Pulp Fiction youtube but when LP0 ON FIRE posted that YTP the page wouldn't finish loading before I was landing on youtube.com.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

There was talk of this in the Technical Thread but I'm not seeing it so I have no idea. Is this in a particular forum?

It changed back now. I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I only ask because maybe this is easily done:

Is there a way to have the settings backed up and restored across all Chrome installs? I think this is the only extension I use where I have to set up anew every time I start on a new computer.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

I only ask because maybe this is easily done:

Is there a way to have the settings backed up and restored across all Chrome installs? I think this is the only extension I use where I have to set up anew every time I start on a new computer.
Added ability to export/restore the settings as a JSON string. Unfortunately I can't have it be a file as getting it to actually save as a file is very hard/impossible due to not having an actual server to perform an intermediary step (pushing the file to the user).

An image of what I mean:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 26, 2014

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Added ability to export/restore the settings as a JSON string. Unfortunately I can't have it be a file as getting it to actually save as a file is very hard/impossible due to not having an actual server to perform an intermediary step (pushing the file to the user).

An image of what I mean:

Easy enough, thanks!

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
If I have SALR enabled and go here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3595380&pagenumber=254#lastpost and scroll up to the top of the thread, chrome completely freaks out and starts using 100% of CPU.

Latest stable 64bit chrome on ubuntu.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Will/does this browser extension have the ability to counteract the force of evil that is Lowtax changing to lovely fonts and font sizes?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It was working fine until a few days ago then quick reply box ended up lagging hard before crashing the thread. I can still read topics OK but once I try to quote or new reply it all goes to hell. Just to be safe I even disabled u-block but problem persists.

PC: Win7 x64 Pro
Chrome: Version 39.0.2171.71 m (64-bit)
SALR: 2.1.6.6

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Using Stylebot to prevent newbie.gif from displaying has made a surprisingly large difference to readability - or not so surprising given the annoyingly intrusive garbage dick gif. Having the option in SALR would be cool, just like removing the plat grenade was.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Totally TWISTED posted:

Will/does this browser extension have the ability to counteract the force of evil that is Lowtax changing to lovely fonts and font sizes?
Do you have what you'd like the font/size to be? I know next to nothing about this subject material so :v:

v1ld posted:

Using Stylebot to prevent newbie.gif from displaying has made a surprisingly large difference to readability - or not so surprising given the annoyingly intrusive garbage dick gif. Having the option in SALR would be cool, just like removing the plat grenade was.
Sure. What are the various icons that people can get? Just the Stupid Newbie and that garbage dick one? (which is pretty bad)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Master_Odin posted:

Do you have what you'd like the font/size to be? I know next to nothing about this subject material so :v:
I can look it up later but whatever the Awful app uses (Android) for the font is great, font size and font type could also be the previous/still somewhat current font used? I just know Lowtax changed it in GBS and it looks like poo poo to me :shobon:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

Whatever this is

If you can tell me how to harvest the font from the source I will post that info

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Well, would doing this allow you the font you want?
1. Right Click on text you don't like and hit "Inspect Element"
2. On the right side box (It's the "Styles" tab), find the first instance of:
font-family: Open Sans;
and
font-size: 14px;

and hit the checkbox to the left of it to turn it off. Does this make the text look how you'd want? There might be multiple font-family: Open Sans; so you may have to turn them all off.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

When I get the ugly one again I'll try it. it seems to only be in some forums and I forget which ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Master_Odin posted:

Sure. What are the various icons that people can get? Just the Stupid Newbie and that garbage dick one? (which is pretty bad)

Yeah, garbage dick was the breaking point. newbie.gif (garbage dick) has two urls, here's what I have in stylebot:
code:
img[src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif"], img[src="http://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif"] {
    display: none;
}
You already have the grenade icon as a block option, which is good.

• Locked thread