Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Think I'm done for now, there's nothing new coming up and its just bad people posting dumb things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Many thanks for the restaurant recommendations, MIGF. I'll say they paid off and leave it at that.

gross

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Joementum posted:

Man, that sounds a lot different than literally every single thread about racial politics.

I used to wonder why there were few race-specific forums in D&D, but I quickly learned why that's the case!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Joementum posted:

Man, that sounds a lot different than literally every single thread about racial politics.

yeah in this one it's okay to say you're terrified of brown

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

nutranurse posted:

I used to wonder why there were few race-specific forums in D&D, but I quickly learned why that's the case!

300 jon chaits, all posting at once about what the black community needs

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I know how to cure what ails the black community, if only they would heed my advice and NO MORE WHITE SHAMING WHY CAN'T YOU DARKIES LISTEN TO NICKI MINAJ SHE'S ONE OF THE GOOD ONES FROM YOUR RACE :qq::qq::qq::qq:

(p.s. I don't mean to imply that most people who listen to her are Asian or white and think this is relevant for some reason)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I know how to cure what ails the black community, if only they would heed my advice and NO MORE WHITE SHAMING WHY CAN'T YOU DARKIES LISTEN TO NICKI MINAJ SHE'S ONE OF THE GOOD ONES FROM YOUR RACE :qq::qq::qq::qq:

(p.s. I don't mean to imply that most people who listen to her are Asian or white and think this is relevant for some reason)

i thought most white people hated nicki minaj because she was vulgar or something

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Falukorv posted:

I have the opposite problem, whenever i find them they are quick to fly away, don't even have time to wip up my phone to snap a picture before it's gone. What kind of heron is bold enough to stand it's ground?

Idunno. It was big and I probably wasn't quite 3 years old, so some kind that figured it could take me in a fight, which it did.

Of course, I can't personally confirm it was anything more than holy poo poo giant bird attacking me, but I was told later it was a heron, so v:shobon:v

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Badger of Basra posted:

i thought most white people hated nicki minaj because she was vulgar or something

this argument happened six months ago, before the anaconda brouhaha

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Yeah as soon as that Anaconda video hit the internet, people were scrambling all over each other to be the loudest voice condemning it as evidence that black culture is vile and unrefined.

Then they hit up their bongs and went back to playing some Call of Duty.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nutranurse posted:

What the gently caress would that look like?

Debate & Discussion > D&D Rules Thread: Official Paper Bag Test ITT

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What happened in the anaconda video besides that as always minaj projects a sexualized image

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Evil Sagan posted:

Yeah as soon as that Anaconda video hit the internet, people were scrambling all over each other to be the loudest voice condemning it as evidence that black culture is vile and unrefined.

See, I watched that video and I saw it as a hilarious tribute to 1980s rap/soul videos. Plus possibly Hey Mickey.
I see Janet Jackson, Mix-a-Lot, Was Not Was, and like fifty trillion other videos in it.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Seriously though the mods need to either read the forum more often or recruit more people.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

What happened in the anaconda video besides that as always minaj projects a sexualized image

She emphasized her booty, which is a distinctively black way of sexualizing your image. Unacceptable!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Nicki Minaj is pretty funny honestly.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
it's very nice to know that my I/P thread isn't the worst thread in dnd for this brief, glorious, incredibly racist moment.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
My one hope is that the mods will use the Michael Brown thread as a honeypot for mass bannings in a day or so. It's not a very strong hope.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

My one hope is that the mods will use the Michael Brown thread as a honeypot for mass bannings in a day or so. It's not a very strong hope.

xylojw has found that there is no probable cause to issue a ban

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

xylojw has found that there is no probable cause to issue a ban

time to burn down gip

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

She emphasized her booty, which is a distinctively black way of sexualizing your image. Unacceptable!

Space Dandy, King of the Booty posted:

See, if you're enlightened like I am, then you know the real show is down below: the booty, baby! That's where it's at! Nothing trumps the rump, my friend. Anyone who can't see that is either blind or a fool. That's why I say enough with this mass boob hysteria. It's time to set things right. It's time to give the rear end the respect it deserves!

Too many women have been wronged for too long! Like poor Agnes Lum, objectified only for her boobs! It's a crime, I tell ya!
I couldn't help myself.:haw:

Jagchosis posted:

it's very nice to know that my I/P thread isn't the worst thread in dnd for this brief, glorious, incredibly racist moment.
I'm a little surprised how (relatively) quiet it's been with regard to I/P; I would have expected Operation Protective Edge v2 to be starting by now given all the poo poo that's happened recently. Also MIGF somehow managed to make that thread unreadable even by normal I/P standards, I didn't think that was possible.

Thanks for putting my map in the OP, by the way.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

American racism is a fire that burns twice as hot, but burns out twice as fast. The I/P issue is like a fireplace full of glowing embers that you can always count on to warm you up regardless of any external factors.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
idea: a canadian william t. sherman

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

who's he going to total war, the quebecois?

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 26, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

No, dummy: natives.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 26, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Exclamation Marx posted:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

the usa and stuff

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Exclamation Marx posted:

the usa and stuff

You already tried that, but we just had slaves build the White House again. No big loss.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Warcabbit posted:

See, I watched that video and I saw it as a hilarious tribute to 1980s rap/soul videos. Plus possibly Hey Mickey.
I see Janet Jackson, Mix-a-Lot, Was Not Was, and like fifty trillion other videos in it.

Nicki is great, the Anaconda video is great. Seriously how can you not love someone who comes up with a line like "I don't gently caress with pork like as salaam alaikum."

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Joementum posted:

You already tried that, but we just had slaves build the White House again. No big loss.

And if they did it today we'd just use cheap immigrant labor to rebuild it in a matter of days! Canada, you hear us? You'll never beat us and our un/underpaid labor force. :911:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nutranurse posted:

And if they did it today we'd just use cheap immigrant labor! Canada, you hear us? You'll never beat us and our un/underpaid labor force. :911:

Even better: the 13th Amendment doesn't apply to prisoners.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Joementum posted:

God has truly blessed this great nation.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

In the next dystopic blockbuster, a brilliant engineer imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit is forced to lead the project to rebuild the White House after it's burned down in Rafael's Rebellion. Together with a crew of eccentric but talented prisoners, he plots a daring escape from the construction site using a map he discovers hidden in the first bed George Washington ever slept in.

Nic Cage stars, of course.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Brendan Fraser as Generalissimo Cruz

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

Many thanks for the restaurant recommendations, MIGF. I'll say they paid off and leave it at that.

Nice. PM me if you're still in town.

Academics question: Using APA, how do I cite "BrownMoses developed these methods. Therefore, [blah blah blah about the underlying theoretical framework]".

Joementum posted:

What are Vegas' odds for how long the 14th will?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Straight up gently caress Christmas

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

Meh, usually there's better signal to noise.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Word.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Not that, jeez. I overheard some important people in the convening association's leadership who didn't know I was a convention attendee planning a significant political move.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nice. PM me if you're still in town.

Academics question: Using APA, how do I cite "BrownMoses developed these methods. Therefore, [blah blah blah about the underlying theoretical framework]".
Sadly, I left on Sunday. (you should really do more funding of resources for the homeless, btw).

Assuming you're citing his use of the methods, there's an internet citation format under APA, though it's pretty lousy. Iirc he usually cites sources for the particular methods or tools- they might be a better match.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8A0uUYuId8

• Locked thread