Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Cotato posted:

You won too buddy, you are white!

See above your post. And don't forget to iron your hood and robes, to be unkempt is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Is there a black people thread on SA for...black posters?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vengeful Turtle posted:

How about working with the system we have and trying to change it from within instead of "Let's tear this poo poo to the ground, yo!". Like with cops, they're not my favorite people but you can work with them and get off without being shot/beaten/jailed if you haven't done anything.

Seems a bit unreasonable for people to ask people to join the pigsty to make it better.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Himuro posted:

lol, Look inside your heart and you'll know why that is a terrible idea.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

SedanChair posted:

Us: people who don't think there should be different interpretations of the law for white people and black people
Them: people who disagree

Guess you thought I meant black and white, gotcha bitch. Gotcha bitch, go iron your hood and flowing robes.

You really think I am in the same boat as the KKK?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vengeful Turtle posted:

How about working with the system we have and trying to change it from within instead of "Let's tear this poo poo to the ground, yo!". Like with cops, they're not my favorite people but you can work with them and get off without being shot/beaten/jailed if you haven't done anything.

How about you're a stupid sack of crap? People are trying to work within the system. Those people don't stop existing just because some folks got so mad they burned down a city.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pretty sure someone could have shot the driver there and gotten away with it. Provided they were white of course.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Foma posted:

Rascim has a much larger spectrum than Not Racist or Klan-member

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

420DD Butts posted:

The problem of white people being incredibly racist?

racist, fearful and armed. What a combo.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Himuro posted:

There was in GBS but not even black people like echo chambers.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Reminder that we can fight also at #FergusonLIVE @synirc

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Foma posted:

Iron your poo poo!

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Kazinsal posted:

I invite all of you to go up to a police officer, punch him in the face, grab him, and try to get his gun.

thanks for the advice hypertext transfer protocol colon foreslash foreslash forums dot somethingawful dot commerce user set lowercase kazinsal

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Himuro posted:

There are efforts to prove black posters are actually white people.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

nutranurse posted:

Rascim has a much larger spectrum than Not Racist or Klan-member

I was replying to Sedanchair saying "Gotcha bitch, go iron your hood and flowing robes." which I assume he is accusing me of being a Klan-member

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Voted Worst Mom posted:

There was in GBS but not even black people like echo chambers.

It was an echo chamber? That sucks.

lfield
May 10, 2008

Foma posted:

I was replying to Sedanchair saying "Gotcha bitch, go iron your hood and flowing robes." which I assume he is accusing me of being a Klan-member

Maybe you're just unable to detect jokes, and also you are probably actually in the KKK.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Himuro posted:

I assume it'd go like Ladythread, only instead of men, it would fill up with lightly tolerated white people, all of whom are on a countdown timer to saying something racist and being ejected.

I was part of the problem :twisted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Himuro posted:

*saddest white face in history* "How can you still believe in divisions?"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Himuro posted:

Not only that but if you're biracial like SedanChair or myself they will dig for the "whitest" picture they can find of you and accuse you of not being black enough. your brightness and contrast better be just right.

That said I would still like a thread for black posters assuming it was strictly moderated.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Oh that reminds me, remember how Wilson claimed there was nothing in reach beyond his sidearm to deal with Brown?

Take a look at the inside of his SUV.

I don't know about you, but I sure see at least a couple of things that could have been used beyond his pistol.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Kazinsal posted:

I invite all of you to go up to a police officer, punch him in the face, grab him, and try to get his gun.

Thats nothing.

I dare you to go up to black person, call him a thug, grab him and then watch as their demonic-friend of the family powers make you, as a 6'4" grown man, feel like a man-baby in their hulk like embrace.

Shooting them afterward is optional.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Vengeful Turtle posted:

How about working with the system we have and trying to change it from within instead of "Let's tear this poo poo to the ground, yo!"

The entire reason white people keep insisting that the undercastes "work within the system" is because they know perfectly God drat well it will absolutely never loving work.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

uncurable mlady posted:

Black people really don't need white people to give them the OK to combat racism, same as women don't need men's OK to combat misogyny.

I mean, let's face it, there will never be a victim sympathetic enough for white people to genuinely go "oh, poo poo! Wow, that's bad, yeah, let's just stop being racist now" or demand some sort of structural change because by and large they don't have to deal with structural racism like black people do. Even the crazy-rear end white libertarians who manage to identify that police brutality is a huge loving problem are rather quiet when they're faced with riots or civil unrest by predominately black crowds (funny how that works).

Victim-wise, I think it takes 3 black girls in a church. But even that doesn't convince everyone.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Can someone help me locate where in the transcript Ms. Alizadeh says the quote about telling the jury the thought process of finding a reason to go to trial? The quote about what is required to find probable cause. She states something like finding this would be like finding a negative.

Part of the quote says, "You remember from your grand jury days" I want to show this to people, but that line makes me think it wasn't said to the jury. It sounds like she is talking to another lawyer or in retrospect when the think back on this or something? I want to be sure of what I am talking about when I show it to people.

I have the quote as a picture on my desktop, but don't know how to post it to SA.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Ceiling fan posted:

Victim-wise, I think it takes 3 black girls in a church. But even that doesn't convince everyone.

suzie kewtums was no angel

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sam Hall posted:

The entire reason white people keep insisting that the undercastes "work within the system" is because they know perfectly God drat well it will absolutely never loving work.

Napoleon used to sing the praises of generals he thought incompetent in his dispatches which were publicized in the newspapers.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Deadulus posted:

Can someone help me locate where in the transcript Ms. Alizadeh says the quote about telling the jury the thought process of finding a reason to go to trial? The quote about what is required to find probable cause. She states something like finding this would be like finding a negative.

Part of the quote says, "You remember from your grand jury days" I want to show this to people, but that line makes me think it wasn't said to the jury. It sounds like she is talking to another lawyer or in retrospect when the think back on this or something? I want to be sure of what I am talking about when I show it to people.

I have the quote as a picture on my desktop, but don't know how to post it to SA.

Go to imgur.com, upload it, and post the bbcode link here.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

An all-black SA thread could be cool but I can't think of any way to moderate it that I would agree with.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BynXfREPG8

This important documentary explains why modern white police are so on edge around minorities.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

bassguitarhero posted:

An all-black SA thread could be cool but I can't think of any way to moderate it that I would agree with.

...maybe somekind of person with a whip?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Jst0rm posted:

im telling you. if you are white and afraid you can kill black people.

If you're black you can kill white teenagers that 'remind you of the KKK era', you don't even need to be assaulted or threatened with bodily harm

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Himuro posted:

I'm sure it was an echo chamber like the feminism threads were, where there were actually long discussions particularly over the sex wars.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

oswald ownenstein posted:

If you're black you can kill white teenagers that 'remind you of the KKK era', you don't even need to be assaulted or threatened with bodily harm

Oh cool, now the unmedicated schizophrenics are posting

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Us: people who don't think there should be different interpretations of the law for white people and black people
Them: people who disagree

Guess you thought I meant black and white, gotcha bitch. Gotcha bitch, go iron your hood and flowing robes.

SedanChair posted:

Iron your poo poo!

SedanChair posted:

*saddest white face in history* "How can you still believe in divisions?"

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with some of you. This is all in response to someone saying let's work together.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given this is the thread that cheered a white woman getting shot in the head, just because she was white. Of course it later turned out she was a pro-Brown protester, but who cares, white people deserve death because reasons. Most the people here seem just as racist as the people they decry.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

bassguitarhero posted:

Well it would have to be ABOUT something other than, "Hey, we are black. Welp, thats something."

It would have to have a scope and at least a driving topic like, "African, Black, Negro ethnic issues in American/World" or something that determines that the prime perspective will be from and about that group from those individuals.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

bassguitarhero posted:

I dunno what the point would be. A huge part of the reason I joined SA was because it is one of the better places to be a black person on the internet because, outside of a few subforums, you have to actively go looking for the racist post(ers) (i.e. going to any D&D thread on race, I/P, anything pertaining to the middle east). Which is loving saying something, because SA is still far from a progressive bastion for non-white, non-male people and opinions. It's just slightly less caustic and openly hostile when compared to reddit or something.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Sharkie posted:

Go to imgur.com, upload it, and post the bbcode link here.

This quote. Where is it in the transcript?

Hmm not doing it right

http://imgur.com/99kpg62

here is link

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 26, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They'll indict a few slices on bread but not the whole pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

tsa posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with some of you. This is all in response to someone saying let's work together.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given this is the thread that cheered a white woman getting shot in the head, just because she was white. Of course it later turned out she was a pro-Brown protester, but who cares, white people deserve death because reasons. Most the people here seem just as racist as the people they decry.

White people actually do deserve death tho. It's true.

• Locked thread