Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Error 404 posted:

What the world needs is a grimdark reboot of Bibleman.

Go real fuckin Old Testament with it.

Bibleman: Hexenhammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Opopanax posted:

Fox probably has almost as many characters as Disney does with the X-Men licence, it's about time they realize they can capitalize on that

You're right, they could do a whole series of movies where Mystique briefly impersonates minor X-men characters! As long as they keep that focus tightly on most important X-Character Mystique, the sky is the limit!

Alternately they could just have Wolverine mention the minor x-men names in a big list during a motorcycle driving scene. Just him on a big road somewhere, mumbling out "Skin, Morph, Wolfsbane, Random, Longshot, Armor, Sand, Mondo, Mean Streak, Callista, Junkpile, Marrow, Domino, Cannonball, Polaris, Doop, Quentin Quire, Forge, Chamber, M, Maggot" around a big cigar.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

theironjef posted:

You're right, they could do a whole series of movies where Mystique briefly impersonates minor X-men characters! As long as they keep that focus tightly on most important X-Character Mystique, the sky is the limit!

Alternately they could just have Wolverine mention the minor x-men names in a big list during a motorcycle driving scene. Just him on a big road somewhere, mumbling out "Skin, Morph, Wolfsbane, Random, Longshot, Armor, Sand, Mondo, Mean Streak, Callista, Junkpile, Marrow, Domino, Cannonball, Polaris, Doop, Quentin Quire, Forge, Chamber, M, Maggot" around a big cigar.

The big cigar will make him mumble in a comical way so what he really says is "Poop."

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I do like the possibility of a more mystique-focused x-men universe resulting in a more interesting version of rogue.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if they own the rights to X-Statix. Seems like the world is finally ready for an X-Statix movie. Get Ben Stiller to direct.

Aren't they also supposedly making an X-Force movie? I wonder if that ends up being Liefield X-Force, Wolverine X-Force, or an X-Statics like black comedy. Or maybe it ends up being X-Factor.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Grendels Dad posted:

The big cigar will make him mumble in a comical way so what he really says is "Poop."

I think this just means we need an X-Statix movie.

efb

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Aren't they also supposedly making an X-Force movie? I wonder if that ends up being Liefield X-Force, Wolverine X-Force, or an X-Statics like black comedy. Or maybe it ends up being X-Factor.
Gee I really wonder which one they would pick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder if they own the rights to X-Statix. Seems like the world is finally ready for an X-Statix movie. Get Ben Stiller to direct.

Apparently Liefeld said Cable and Deadpool are in it, but who knows if he even has any clue.

Senor Candle posted:

Gee I really wonder which one they would pick.

That really depends on Jackman.

I do want to see Fantomex with a full horrible accent in a movie though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 25, 2014

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The Wolverine/Fantomex/Psylocke X-Force would own, especially after the Apocalypse business in the next big one. Confederate Drummer Boy and his murder music!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
What they haven't covered is mostly space stuff or heavily continuity dependant, like Brood Saga or Mutant Massacre.

If I had to pick, I guess Asteroid M/Utopia. That sets up just enough stuff to pull the trigger on the more heavily continuity dependant stories like Mutant Massacre, Schism, or Legacy Virus.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

fozzy fosbourne posted:

there are wayyyyyy too many X-es in this paragraph, it's borderline unreadable. :)

Not your fault, but still funny.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

there are wayyyyyy too many X-es in this paragraph, it's borderline unreadable. :)

Not your fault, but still funny.
Much like the X-comics much of the time!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

I do want to see Fantomex with a full horrible accent in a movie though.

Nicolas Cage as Fantomex

Edit: or Keanu Reeves

Edit: Xceptional Xtraordinary X-Posters, Thread #1 Post 0.1 Holofoil Dale Keown Variant Cover Art, featuring 5 Babby Avatar first appearances

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 25, 2014

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I want to see Adam X on screen, but instead of swearing he'll just say X. You know, like Smurfs say, well, "smurf".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Grendels Dad posted:

I want to see Adam X on screen, but instead of swearing he'll just say X. You know, like Smurfs say, well, "smurf".

You mean Adam X aka X-treme!!!!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Madkal posted:

X-actly. Let's X-ing do this!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'd say we're about ten years out from X-Statix. Superhero movies are popular but they really need a bit longer to be seen as commonplace.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would prefer a X-Statix tv show over a movie.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Well he's got the lips for it.

Free time at work + Photoshop =

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

redbackground posted:

Somebody didn't get their Capri Sun before their nap.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

redbackground posted:

Isn't that the Apocalypse from X men Legends? I remember him being just as pouty.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Madkal posted:

I would prefer a X-Statix tv show over a movie.

Naw, movie. Just like Mystery Men, but they all die at the end.

X-Factor TV show.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

boom boom boom posted:

Naw, movie. Just like Mystery Men, but they all die at the end.

X-Factor TV show.

Simon Cowell is already on the phone with his lawyers after reading this post.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ror posted:

Simon Cowell is already on the phone with his lawyers after reading this post.

They could get Simon Cowell to play Cameron Hodge. :v:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Madkal posted:

You mean Adam X THE X-Treme :colbert: He'll set your blood on fire while riding a skateboard!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Angry Goth Rogue from Evolution was better than movie Rogue.

I think thats why I don't look back on the first trilogy as fondly as a lot of other people do, they made my second favorite Xmen and 2/3rd favorite Marvel lady over all just terrible. They couldn't have had her get some wolverine fighting ability after she touched him? The other 2 movies just has her moping around.

Rogue is also a reason why I figure Captain Marvel will mostly focus on Carol from the last few years; her whole early stuff will be ignored. She'll go right from getting her powers to being what we see now. There's no reason to not look at at least how Kelly Sue wrote her, as I feel she captured how Carol would be after she'd gotten over the whole Rogue thing. Have they come across each other at all lately? Last time I know was during AvX when Magik sent them both to hell.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Well for starters, I don't think people regard X3 all that fondly, but with regards to Rogue I think the major problem is that they set her up as the viewpoint character and focus of one of the major story arcs... But she's not. She's the MacGuffin of the first movie and a vague Kitty/Jubilee/Armor stand-in for the second. The third one is overstuffed, so I guess like everyone else she's kinda just there and not much else.

I suppose that puts her in the same boat as DoFP's Kitty.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't remember this getting mentioned before, but they started viral marketing for X-Men: Apocalypse in late Sept. already.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/201...=zergnet_274541

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

twistedmentat posted:

Magik sent them both to hell.

Wait what? Ilyana is alive again? Man I am way out of touch the x-men.

Also Binary for the sequel.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't remember this getting mentioned before, but they started viral marketing for X-Men: Apocalypse in late Sept. already.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/201...=zergnet_274541

That was really underwhelming, very poorly produced and written. I'm not sure what they're trying to represent the video as "in universe" but nothing about that puts me in the mind to be even remotely interested in what comes next, which combined with DoFP having the worst post-credits teaser in the history of teasers makes me wish they'd just focus on the movie and not on the extra poo poo that they don't do well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kingtheninja posted:

Wait what? Ilyana is alive again? Man I am way out of touch the x-men.

Also Binary for the sequel.

It's like an alt Ilyana that was part of the Phoenix 5 during AvsX. Rogue is on the Xmen side, and the Avengers send Carol to talk to her. She says to Rogue "Dude, these people are straight up nuts and are not the people you knew" and Rogue dimisses it. Magik shows up and beats up Ms Marvel, and then tosses her into this Limbo on earth volcano prison thingy. Rogue sees this and realizes that Carol was right, so she attacks Magik who tosses her into Limbo directly.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That viral marketing doesn't make a whole lot of sense for X-Men Apocalypse considering it takes place in the 80s. Why would they do a campaign about modern social media?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It's like an alt Ilyana that was part of the Phoenix 5 during AvsX. Rogue is on the Xmen side, and the Avengers send Carol to talk to her. She says to Rogue "Dude, these people are straight up nuts and are not the people you knew" and Rogue dimisses it. Magik shows up and beats up Ms Marvel, and then tosses her into this Limbo on earth volcano prison thingy. Rogue sees this and realizes that Carol was right, so she attacks Magik who tosses her into Limbo directly.

It's the real Magik possessed by the Phoenix, though.

She is alive again, and has been for a while now.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Dacap posted:

That viral marketing doesn't make a whole lot of sense for X-Men Apocalypse considering it takes place in the 80s. Why would they do a campaign about modern social media?

It's not, the M-Underground stuff and that is part of the alternate future stuff they did for Days of Future Past and not for Apocalypse. Sites just caught it late/it resurfaced leading up to the Blu Ray release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, del Toro has said he turned in a script for Justice League Dark, so I guess that is technically still in the works.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JLD is the only DC movie I would actually get hyped for, I hope it actually happens.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

NienNunb posted:

JLD is the only DC movie I would actually get hyped for, I hope it actually happens.

Hoping it happens is baseline for Del Toro stuff. Not because they're good (which they are) but because he squats on way too many properties for one busy guy. Make Mountains of Madness already Del Toro! poo poo or get off the pot!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I remember right, AtMoM didn't happen because Prometheus came out and the studio backing Del Toro said "well this is awfully similar" and got cold feet. Del Toro still wants to do it, he just needs to find another studio to back the project.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I don't care what movies he makes, as far as I'm concerned Del Toro's greatest role/creation will always be Pappy McPoyle on It's Always Sunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the El Rey networks Directors Chair with Del Toro last night, it amazed me as much, if not more than the John Carpenter one i watched before it.

Just the artwork stuff they showed that Del Toro draws is fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRoxC3psRqY&t=16s

• Locked thread