Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

ShutteredIn posted:

pomplamoose.png

lmao

lets see those expense reports because im sure theyre completely reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

lmao

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

lmao

lets see those expense reports because im sure theyre completely reasonable

http://medium.com/@jackconte/pomplamoose-2014-tour-profits-67435851ba37

We don't know how to make a budget and here's the numbers to back that up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
50 grand for a backing band

"The loss was an investment in future tours." loving lmao

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-JMooC9v44

haircut beats

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

ShutteredIn posted:

pomplamoose.png

good.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

ShutteredIn posted:

pomplamoose.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K_5qPLJIoY

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

ShutteredIn posted:

http://medium.com/@jackconte/pomplamoose-2014-tour-profits-67435851ba37

We don't know how to make a budget and here's the numbers to back that up.

https://medium.com/@spencerlee/this...-a-ce267daf11b7

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
pamperedmoose, fuffufufuf

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Pomplamoose Details The Cost Of Being An Indie Band
TechCrunch‎ - 7 hours ago

uuuuurgh

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

The High Cost of Lo-Fi

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol drat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

delicious

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Brutal.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRrUVVKigk

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Rusty Staub posted:

The High Cost of Lo-Fi

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

god daaaamn

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

oooooooof

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

i never listened to pomplamoose before tonight is it all really just chiptuney covers

how do they need 8 musicians to play this musuc lmao

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
They were winded after 30 minutes. At some point the drummer barks a lot while smiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty9Smrs67s8

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

it sounds like music you give you pre-teen kid when they want you to put on music because you dont want to have to explain anything about music to them

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

lol

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chinatown posted:

50 grand for a backing band

"The loss was an investment in future tours." loving lmao

Well you see a 20 dollar per diem for 8 salaried people over four weeks is a necessary operating expense

I think it's a nice thing to do (beats the hell out of the Amanda Palmer approach) but if everything's coming out of your own pocket I don't know how you can justify 5ish grand on per diem in addition to salaries (I also don't know how you can justify a six member band to play Pomplamoose songs either but hey whatever man)

I also don't understand bands that complain about the cost of touring but also bring lighting on tour with them

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

*kisses fingertips*

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
hmm yes you should couch surf and dumpster dive and have you considered hitch hiking as a way to get around the country. maybe do a little blowjob side business on slow nights of your tour? you're a musician

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

wayfinder posted:

hmm yes you should couch surf and dumpster dive and have you considered hitch hiking as a way to get around the country. maybe do a little blowjob side business on slow nights of your tour? you're a musician

gently caress off

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
who would have ever suspected that a guy who has a tumblr thats all tiesto gifs or whatever would stand in opposition to the diy ethos

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

thats not the diy ethos tho more like a riff on how its supposed to be "its own reward" to kill yourself trying to make a living as a musician? idk

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
everyone who discusses pomplamoose at any point is a piss hole

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Declan MacManus posted:

Well you see a 20 dollar per diem for 8 salaried people over four weeks is a necessary operating expense

I think it's a nice thing to do (beats the hell out of the Amanda Palmer approach) but if everything's coming out of your own pocket I don't know how you can justify 5ish grand on per diem in addition to salaries (I also don't know how you can justify a six member band to play Pomplamoose songs either but hey whatever man)

I also don't understand bands that complain about the cost of touring but also bring lighting on tour with them

it's because the dude owns patreon and they raised like 20 million in venture capital, so this guy is a tourist and taking a loss on his magical mystery tour doesn't matter because he's actually rich

plus all of their loving target commercials or whatever

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

a false posted:

who would have ever suspected that a guy who has a tumblr thats all tiesto gifs or whatever would stand in opposition to the diy ethos

lol

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
diy isnt an ethos its a practical necessity and if weird dude hardcore became the new trance i think people would reconsider some things

which isnt a defence of pomplamoose, someone who has had less money than these absolute loving bellends wouldve also made more money with that poo poo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was reading people responding to the medium article (lol) somewhere else and they were like "wow, i had no idea how much money it costs to be in a band!"

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
why do they have a 42 foot van and also sleep in hotels

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
oh theyre van is literally a mercedes benz

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

wayfinder posted:

become a bard, journey on foot from village to village playing music for those you meet along the way. write off attacks by highwaymen as a business expense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

lol

• Locked thread