Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i can't afford to buy all of Godland, much as i want to, but i did peep the Uncanny X Men sale and snag Paul Smith's whole run as artist 165-175), which is imo one of the highlights of Claremont's whole tenure as writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

PoshAlligator posted:

Except Comixology's Guided View (tm) is vastly superior.

How is it superior? I browsed through a free issue of Marvel Unlimited on my iPad mini and found that the page view was a little too small (meaning I'd have to zoom sometimes, which would be really annoying), but if I did the panel view and put it in landscape mode, it seemed like it'd work out fine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

How is it superior? I browsed through a free issue of Marvel Unlimited on my iPad mini and found that the page view was a little too small (meaning I'd have to zoom sometimes, which would be really annoying), but if I did the panel view and put it in landscape mode, it seemed like it'd work out fine.

It's not, but Comixology/Amazon have that name and presumably the backend software for how they specifically do it patented/trademarked.

On the other hand, Dark Horse's version is loving awful. It just zooms in by like 20%, not even focusing on the panels.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I haven't tried Unlimited in a while, but last I did it was comparatively pretty jerky and not nearly as smooth.

e:
Wait, rereading your post, it doesn't seem like you were using Panel View? I was specifically comparing Guided View and Panel View.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This is probably bad for my wallet.
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/102907229423/prepare-yourselves

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I can safely predict a huge Valiant sale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Comixology, there was four free copies from Marvel today using a promo code. They are all on their twitter, but are expiring in three hours.

https://twitter.com/comiXology

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

:getin:

I just hope it doesn't poo poo itself like when they did their Marvel sale.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

I can safely predict a huge Valiant sale.

I have so much valiant at $1 an issue I'm not sure what I'm up to. :negative:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Any good picks from the Wonder Woman sale? Asking for myself and potentially to share with/read to my kids.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I liked the current WW run, though there are people that had significant problems with it. If you get that, definitely skip 23.1, the Cheetah issue. You also don't need 23.2, but it at least ties into the larger narrative.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Syrinxx posted:

Any good picks from the Wonder Woman sale? Asking for myself and potentially to share with/read to my kids.

Hmmm the Azzarello /Chiang run is really great but I wouldn't call it kid friendly! Same with Kingdom Come. New Frontier though is great and totally good for reading with the kids.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Hmmm the Azzarello /Chiang run is really great but I wouldn't call it kid friendly! Same with Kingdom Come. New Frontier though is great and totally good for reading with the kids.

Seconding all of this. Excited to scoop up the rest of the Azzarello run.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LordPants posted:

I have so much valiant at $1 an issue I'm not sure what I'm up to. :negative:

I got like the first 4 trades of every book they do in that Humble Bundle. I don't know if I'll ever find time to read them.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Panel Syndicate released their first non-BKV title today with Universe!, by Albert Monteys. Apparently he's very well known in Spain, I don't know. Pay what you want for it: http://panelsyndicate.com

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Saga vol. 01 for $5 with the code "LYING"
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/103074456128/get-saga-vol-1-by-creatoroftheweek-brian-k

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

They have revealed DC's part of the sale.

Black friday is a rehash of the big Batman sale, while Cyber monday is just a sale on their vol. 1 of their various Vertigo titles.

Meh.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
First 11 issues of Superior Foes of Spider-Man are on sale, but it.

Also Superior Team Up of which I know nothing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Mouse Guard sale this weekend. Mice versus other animals in a medieval setting. My only complaint is that the books come out too loving slowly.

https://www.comixology.com/Mouse-Guard-Sale/page/4210/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Guardian...cmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Bendis Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1-13 and All-New X-men Trial of Jean Gray issues.

This gets a lot of poo poo, but I liked it a lot till Venom and Cap'n Marvel joined and they bothered trying to fill the gap between it and the Abnett + Lanning stuff, but that isn't these issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 24, 2014

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sex Criminals #1 for $0.50 today and tomorrow.
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/103478080753/get-sex-criminals-1-written-by-creatoroftheweek

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Are any of the issues in the Teen Titan sale worth it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You could get into New Teen Titans off of those six issues. It's a bummer that's all they put up for sale.

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser
https://www.comixology.com/TMNT-Minis-Sale/page/4213?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

I don't know much about the Ninja Turtles comics, but always liked some of the cartoons. Are any of these cool?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The new turtle series is good and there are a lot of great creators in there but my understanding of these issues (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) is that they are mainly just one shots and side stories to the main very good Turtle series that is currently ongoing.

I'm gonna get them all anyway because A) Ross Campbell turtles is always great and b)something based on Turtles in Time can't be all bad.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The TMNT Micro-Series and TMNT Villains Micro-Series all take place in between issues of the main run. Which is great, because I didn't buy them during the last TMNT sale.

The Color Classics are the same thing, but take place during the original TMNT run in the 80's, recolored.

I don't know what the other ones are and would like an explanation of where they fit in.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dave Sim put Judenhass into the public domain. You can download it here. Note: it's not a happy book in the slightest.

http://judenhass.com/

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there a difference between the apps and Comixology on what's available on sales? Seems like less of Teen Titans sale is on the app. The exchange rate has gotten poo poo out here recently and buying through the app is cheaper.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is the Titans Vs Future arc any good? Because I am a sucker for that poo poo

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

hadji murad posted:

Is there a difference between the apps and Comixology on what's available on sales? Seems like less of Teen Titans sale is on the app. The exchange rate has gotten poo poo out here recently and buying through the app is cheaper.

I'm a bit confused; what app are you referencing? Comixology killed the ability to purchase through the app soon after they were acquired from Amazon...

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Shitshow posted:

I'm a bit confused; what app are you referencing? Comixology killed the ability to purchase through the app soon after they were acquired from Amazon...

No they didn't? I can still buy through the app. Also, has Jojo been removed entirely from the store or is there some sort of region blocking impeding me from seeing it?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

When Comixology was bought by Amazon they removed the ability to purchase on the iPhone/iPad app because competition :doom: and other nonsense reasons.

And yes manga and some Dark Horse books have weird rights issues so won't show up in various regions.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oops I should have said through the DC app. (also noticed Batman isn't there either.)

Right now with the Yen tanking buying through the app would save me 20% so I'm hoping to do that for the upcoming sales.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Waterhaul posted:

When Comixology was bought by Amazon they removed the ability to purchase on the iPhone/iPad app because competition :doom: and other nonsense reasons.

And yes manga and some Dark Horse books have weird rights issues so won't show up in various regions.

Ok then, I use the Android app.

Is there any way to get around said weird issues with Media Hint/Hola-esque trickery?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I've used a VPN to buy Ninja Turtles and Godzilla which aren't available because Japan. They showed up in my library and in the store with it running.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Huge AvX sale on comiXology. Looks like absolutely everything.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Humble Pony Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

When Comixology was bought by Amazon they removed the ability to purchase on the iPhone/iPad app because competition :doom: and other

My bad, totally forgot that Comixology has an Android app.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sigh. I'm going to buy this for my 5 year old and the purchase history is going to stain my humble account and surely other parts of my life forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

hadji murad posted:

I've used a VPN to buy Ninja Turtles and Godzilla which aren't available because Japan. They showed up in my library and in the store with it running.

Ditto, but for Transformers comics, and they appear fine even with the VPN turned off.