Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Anyone else watching the abc7 stream? Lots of looting and vandalism going on right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

What's with the alarm sounding thing on the Fox2 feed?

If my experience in flight simulators tells me anything, their RWR is warning them they are being locked on by SAM radar.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
They know that looting the TMobile might not get a police response, but they know they are gonna need H&R Block and so they leave it unlooted. The Taxman always finds you and then you need HRB.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
T Mobile getting hosed up on ABC7.

Edit: Is FOX2 the same stream?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Maybe one of those looters will be nice enough to steal an extra iphone6 and send it to bassem so he can continue livestreaming.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Maybe one of those looters will be nice enough to steal an extra iphone6 and send it to bassem so he can continue livestreaming.

A plain-clothes police officer would just steal it again.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Charliegrs posted:

i sincerely doubt t-mobile's service could support live streaming video

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Oh, forgot to mention this.

If you don't know what IRC is or how to use it, just use this Web based IRC client.
Choose your nickname and put channel name #FergusonLive
It is as easy as that

Click here: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

jb7 posted:

"Iphone 6 Iphone 6!"
-Plainclothes officer

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

jb7 posted:

It's pretty funny this was actually believed to be true.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Why is the Z stream off-air? Did something big happen, or the opposite?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Anyone in Houston go to the protests also?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ditocoaf posted:

Why is the Z stream off-air? Did something big happen, or the opposite?

He went off stream to "get coffee and figure out what's going on"

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
people fighting on the bay area stream
http://abc7news.com/live/7704/

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Just got back from Mokabees. Z sounds like just as much of a tool irl as he does on stream. goodnight.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Er, remember that Vox article by Ezra Klein linked awhile ago?

quote:

There are inconsistencies in Wilson's story. He estimates that Brown ran 20-30 feet away from the car and then charged another 10 feet back towards Wilson. But we know Brown died 150 feet away from the car.
I wonder where he said this?

If he did, that certainly doesn't match any known evidence. Or was Klein mistaken?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Just got back from Mokabees. Z sounds like just as much of a tool irl as he does on stream. goodnight.

Is he still going on about hornets?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
He is difficult to listen to. I turned the sound off

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
NYC protesters chanting "gently caress CNN":

http://earthens.tumblr.com/post/103600275638/new-york-protestors-chanting-gently caress-cnn

Dunno if this is from tonight or yesterday

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
T-Mobile and the other major cell phone providers are basically just Ma Bell reformed into a few smaller corporations so they can go "We're not TECHNICALLY a one company monopoly any more!". I can't really feel bad about a T-Mobile store getting looted.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Charliegrs posted:

people fighting on the bay area stream
http://abc7news.com/live/7704/

they tried to set a dumpster on fire but it went out really quick. that's my town baby.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Any good stuff get torched tonight?

I am catching up after getting home. Thanks, in advance.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Jesus christ that line of police vehicles is absurd.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Baltimore made it through with no violence as far as I have heard

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

zen death robot posted:

T-Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telecom.

Ah gently caress, of course it's the one that isn't. My bad.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

A woman on cnn is blaming hip hop artists. O.o

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

T-Mobile and the other major cell phone providers are basically just Ma Bell reformed into a few smaller corporations so they can go "We're not TECHNICALLY a one company monopoly any more!". I can't really feel bad about a T-Mobile store getting looted.

You picked the one that is the furthest from ma bell.

Edit too late.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

My Face When posted:

shes right

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

My Face When posted:

They did nothing to stop this senseless shooting so

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Chinatown posted:

They did nothing to stop this senseless shooting so

They're all in the over produced club gettin bottle service

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Bay Area Protesters have been boxed in.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AfterFather posted:

Bay Area Protesters have been boxed in.

well they might have knocked over a few traffic cones in that construction site so they are obviously extremely aggressive

release chemical agents

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

My Face When posted:

I knew iggy Azaelea and Macklemore were up to no good

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
WaPo - Darren Wilson explains why he killed Michael Brown

quote:

There was only other option he said he had. “I drew my gun…. He is standing here. I said, ‘Get back or I’m going to shoot you.’ He immediately grabs my gun and says, ‘you are too much of a pussy to shoot me.’” The men struggled for the gun, and Wilson pulled the trigger.

Nothing. “It just clicked,” Wilson testified. “I pull it again. It just clicked. At this point, I’m like ‘why isn’t this working,’ this guy is going to kill me if he gets ahold of this gun.’” It finally goes off and the car’s interior explodes with shattered glass and globs of blood. Wilson looked at the unarmed teen and the teen looked back. “He looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked. He comes back towards me again with his hands up.” But then, Wilson said Brown hit him again, and the cop couldn’t get his gun to work. It clicked again, until it finally discharged a second time.
A few things:
1) I thought Brown ran when he got shot, but... this seems to say that Wilson claims Brown fought some more and didn't run until the second shot - after he had already been shot once (globs of blood)?
2) Shattered glass... from... what? There's an odd-looking thing that reminds me of foam but is hard to make out...
Inside of driver's side
...but unless his driver's side window is what broke, and mostly evaporated into mist, where did the shattered glass Wilson alleges to being there come from? Why are there no clear pictures of shattered glass in the crime scene photos? If the glass was from his driver's side window, how did Brown get in to punch him?
In the driver's seat
Over the driver's shoulder
Outside of driver's side
Outside and in front of driver's side
Inside of passenger's side
Outside the passenger's side and rear

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This guy's gonna kill me! He isn't just going to politely let me pull my gun out and shoot him!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The Weirton West Virginia protest is really kicking up right now. Totally got Peaches, the one black guy in town, to agree that police are a total mess sometimes, but mostly he wanted to talk about how much he misses the Rax he used to eat at twice a day and why they replaced it with the biscuit house.

The Ender
Aug 2, 2012

MY OPINIONS ARE NOT WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN SHIT

Evil_Greven posted:

WaPo - Darren Wilson explains why he killed Michael Brown

A few things:
1) I thought Brown ran when he got shot, but... this seems to say that Wilson claims Brown fought some more and didn't run until the second shot - after he had already been shot once (globs of blood)?
2) Shattered glass... from... what? There's an odd-looking thing that reminds me of foam but is hard to make out...
Inside of driver's side
...but unless his driver's side window is what broke, and mostly evaporated into mist, where did the shattered glass Wilson alleges to being there come from? Why are there no clear pictures of shattered glass in the crime scene photos?
In the driver's seat
Over the driver's shoulder
Outside of driver's side
Outside and in front of driver's side
Inside of passenger's side
Outside the passenger's side and rear

What actually happened:

Wilson put Brown in a choke hold, having stopped him for jaywalking and there was a struggle as a result. We don't know what the struggle involved, but basically the only person at the scene who gave Wilson a favorable review was Wilson himself. At the climax of the struggle, Wilson pulled his weapon and shot Brown.

Brown ran, Wilson fired wildly after him (into a crowded neighborhood, but whatevs I guess), Brown eventually stopped, turned around and raised his hands. Wilson then shot him center mass multiple times.

If he was not a cop, Wilson would be getting a trial right now. Just like how if he wasn't a cop, Ray Albers would be facing terrorism charges instead of being politely asked to resign after threaten to mow down a crowd of people with a machine gun.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Ender posted:

If he was not a cop, Wilson would be getting a trial right now. Just like how if he wasn't a cop, Ray Albers would be facing terrorism charges instead of being politely asked to resign after threaten to mow down a crowd of people with a machine gun.

But he is a cop, as the prosecutor loved to point out in his leering press conference. Choking black jaywalkers who don't cringe when he tells them where to stand is a part of his job.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

pathetic little tramp posted:

The Weirton West Virginia protest is really kicking up right now. Totally got Peaches, the one black guy in town, to agree that police are a total mess sometimes, but mostly he wanted to talk about how much he misses the Rax he used to eat at twice a day and why they replaced it with the biscuit house.

Stay weird Weirton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

zen death robot posted:

This just in: Bob McCulloch is still a dick

If only the people of St. Louis could organize in some way to not have him represent their interests. Nope, guess we will have to walk around chanting or hiding in coffee shops while people break windows and set fire to poo poo.

Foma fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 26, 2014

• Locked thread