Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

If only they'd been wearing kale underwear. Then it would have been noteworthy.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

I don't know what he was actually planning to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life
Why are none of them actually cutting the turkey? And that doesn't look like the right way to hold a bat'leth.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Why are none of them actually cutting the turkey? And that doesn't look like the right way to hold a bat'leth.

Maybe it was easier to copy-and-paste the turkey that way?

Dibujante fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 26, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Hey everybody, I just found a vaguely thread-relevant thing in $1 book bin at the local Dollar General!

It's a remaindered 2-for-1 release of the first two ZNJ novels, for those of us who wonder if all of that stuff might play better in prose ("futuristic pulp for the thinking reader"--SF Site). Hell, I've dropped more money on sketchier propositions, and since it was sitting on a shelf with a parade of Christian romance novels involving Amish girls (and also Stephenie Meyer's The Host), odds are I could've gone much worse tonight, too.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

Whatever happened to Crazy?

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 26, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

TofuDiva posted:

Classic Funky

Whatever happened to Crazy?

He's the mailman now? Yeah, and he was married and had a kid who wears a hat like he did.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Hey! Who wants some more Bleeker and Pickles?

A game? Since when is Bleeker fun? This is an educational game, I'll bet.

That was an education right there.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I'm sure Ancient Egypt had a lot of traffic from all over.

The predecessors of the Vikings surely got around. And would have been just as Egyptian as Cleopatra was if they set up shop in Egypt anywhere near the time period the Ptolemaics ruled. (Remember: Cleopatra lived closer to the Moon landings than she did to the Old Kingdom and most of the Middle Kingdom of Egypt when the pyramids were constructed and Egyptian culture was established.) There was enough interchange between Greece and India by the time Jesus was born that there are still lots of interesting bits around like Buddhist philosophy inspiring Greek philosophers and Asian monuments to Hercules.

Also just because it's a fun fact: We know that Vikings had lots of interactions with Africans on the coasts near the Ghanan Empire. The Vikings referred to the Africans as 'corpse men' because their dark skin was seen as being similar to the blue-black that corpses turned. The Africans referred to the Vikings as 'flayed men' because they saw their pale skin as making them look like their skin had been removed entirely, leaving the white connective tissue beneath.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Hey everybody, I just found a vaguely thread-relevant thing in $1 book bin at the local Dollar General!

It's a remaindered 2-for-1 release of the first two ZNJ novels, for those of us who wonder if all of that stuff might play better in prose ("futuristic pulp for the thinking reader"--SF Site). Hell, I've dropped more money on sketchier propositions, and since it was sitting on a shelf with a parade of Christian romance novels involving Amish girls (and also Stephenie Meyer's The Host), odds are I could've gone much worse tonight, too.

I've read the opening to one of these. Believe me, you were ripped off.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People who eat meat are gross! Ha ha!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Who wants to bet on what cliche ending is to come? I'm going with "they call for take-out/catering."

On the Fastrack

That actually sounds like a blast.

Safe Havens

Can't you just turn them into flowers for a day or something and have them in a vase decorating the table?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Oooo! Skippo just hit the nice guy jackpot!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Buttonhole. Had to read that twice to make sure it wasn't something else.

And I know it's "nice guy" bullshit, but damned if I don't find the Golden Girls Intelligent Life comic somewhat cute. Even the Great Gazoo comic is pretty good. Dear God, what's happening to me?! :supaburn:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Welp. I dunno :wtf:. We can only hope this ends this "Inception-like" plot.

Non Sequitur

That was pretty good, Wiley.

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban

They head for deeper water at sunrise, dontcha know.

9 Chickweed Lane 11/26/2003

Cat's don't do that, dogs do. This made me think, though, has Brooke totally done away with Solange in the current strip? When he does his "Hallmarks of Kittenity", or whatever, it's always a big Tabby hanging around. Unless the kitten is Solange or something.

Zits

Nice :iceburn: there, Jeremy.

Kevin & Kell

Ha. You so techie, Holbrook.

:v:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

Welp. I dunno :wtf:. We can only hope this ends this "Inception-like" plot.

Chelle found Rachel, the woman for whom Virginia (Chelle's mother) named her. Since this is Jane's World, I'm going to assume that Rachel and Virginia were in a relationship at some point and then split up.

I'd find it intensely uncomfortable to name one's child for one's ex, particularly if the ex and the child were of the same gender.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Will you take Skippy to Mount Splashmore? (September 21, 1927)

Peanuts (November 29, 1967)

Then why do you keep letting her into your house?

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire, in which Breezy understands her man.

Out Our Way (February 17-18, 1926)

Even if he did know how to cook, would you want a guy who can't keep his hand off of his rear end handing your food?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Meh.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Frankly, I'm disappointed it wasn't edited to point to Goatse.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Could be worse, much, much worse.

Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Poptropica

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears preps for the holidays.

The Dinette Set are terrible hosts.

Working Daze is a doormat.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That 3rd panel is darn good.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is a doormat.

What is the obsession with the boss woman always having a water bottle in view when she's in a panel? Is it like Melvin and sexual harassment, where one can't exist without the other?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz is giving me a stroke.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz is giving me a stroke.

I assumed it was the earring guy because he was stealing jewelry and also wearing jewelry, but that would require common sense based on the physical given clues.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Bobby London sat down with Comic Book Resources to talk about the new collection of his work on Popeye. He viewed himself as fighting for the soul of Segar...which is a doomed mindset to have when the syndicate is telling you to draw them like Popeye and Son.

CBR posted:

The last batch of strips that were never published and people are seeing here for the first time, you wrap up "Witch Hunt" and ending like you did with Jeep saying goodbye, did you know that would be your last strip?

Well, sure. Of course. I had already been dismissed, and they said you have four more weeks to fill out, so I knew they would be my last strips. I wrapped up the Roe v. Wade story as best as I could according to my original outline and said my goodbyes. Those strips were flatly rejected, and they've been sitting in my files ever since.

I'm sorry. They fired you -- publicly -- and then said you're still under contract for four more weeks of strips?

Yes. They fired me and said, oh by the way, you have four more weeks of your contract to fill out, and you're gonna do these strips whether you like or not.

[Laughs] And then they rejected those strips, which they made you draw.

Yes, Kafka-esque, ain't it? I said, so what? You already fired me! What are you going to do, fire me again? [Laughs]

I'm laughing because it's a different experience from most of us who have been fired or laid off.

I've been through worse. At least it makes for a very nice book.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

"How do we know this John X character isn't a criminal trying to trick us? Anyway John, here's a gun, tell us what you can learn."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What is wrong with Fran Krause? Is she trying to make a generation of neurotic children?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

"Thank heavens, my stupid piece of poo poo son is back!" :allears:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I thought I posted this already, but it turns out I didn't. Life is a whirlwind for me. Creative Comix

Pooch Café

You ain't got no rhyme
You gonna lose big time
Cause no MC has ever survived
That went up against Prime

Ballard Street

I climbed a whole bunch of those in assassin's creed 2. I miss when those games were good.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samovar posted:

What is wrong with Fran Krause? Is she trying to make a generation of neurotic children?

I think Fran Krause is the guy in the comics. It's semi-autobiographical.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Fran Krause is a dude. I can verify that.

Here's a pilot he did for Cartoon Network with his brother Will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr759dhxmJ0

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

This is the first time I've seen the Big Shirley strips and they're so :kimchi: When I was Alice's age my aunt had a big German shepherd that was a total softie and loved kids but I was still scared of her in about the same way. I love the way she's drawn too-- a big dark vaguely beast-shaped thing!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

An IT drone in a cube-farm, this is the big deal job? Dare to dream Gunther, you human dishrag.

E: I seem to have missed a bunch of strips where this has already been revealed...odd.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Indolent Bastard posted:

An IT drone in a cube-farm, this is the big deal job? Dare to dream Gunther, you human dishrag.

E: I seem to have missed a bunch of strips where this has already been revealed...odd.

Not really. There was a big buildup to Rosa's uncle needing help in his clinic but it turned out the clinic was a plastic surgery clinic and he needed people to help staff its call center (Why does it have one? Who knows.)

Rosa was bummed because it wasn't real volunteer work, Gunther was pleased because it was more comfortable than he expected.

Apparently neither of these facts matters now because he must STOP his mother from fraternizing with that horrible MAN.

• Locked thread