Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

fade5 posted:

I wonder if I should get in on the right-wing book racket and write a book like "Surviving the Racial Apocalypse: Learning to live as a white person in a majority-minority city/nation". (The text would be: "Just live your goddamn life and don't worry about it, enjoy Fiesta and the local food." repeated over and over for 200 pages.)
You should probably also include a section on "If a man who fails the paper bag test asks you for directions, he's probably not trying to mug you, don't shoot him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Ninjasaurus posted:

As a white person, I fully support my ethnicity being bred out of existence so the USA can become browner and browner. :getin:

Hook this Asian dude up with a white girl here, and let us bring the late Elliot Rodgers' worst nightmare to fruition :kheldragar:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmzT4OV-w0

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Haha, Missouri's vice governor (a Republican) was on Fox earlier with Megyn Kelly, talking about the accusation he leveled at Gov. Nixon that he was collaborating with Obama and Holder to keep National Guard units out of Ferguson.

By the end of the interview, I was impressed by how much of a moron he was, even by Republican standards. Usually they're at least able to string together a thread connecting someone they don't like to Obama.

Kelly asked him what he thought of Nixon's response to his accusations. He quickly denied it was an accusation, he was just asking questions. He then tried to say that Nixon's statements were just trying to brush off those tough, hard-hitting questions as partisan politics.

Then for the follow-up, Kelly asked him why he thought Nixon and the White House were collaborating. There was a short pause and you could tell he really didn't have an answer. Then he was like "why else wouldn't he have deployed more of the Guard?"

It was pretty hilarious, seeing an elected politician handling his own talking points with the dexterity of a C-list radio personality. Dunno if it's on youtube yet or not.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

InequalityGodzilla posted:

You should probably also include a section on "If a man who fails the paper bag test asks you for directions, he's probably not trying to mug you, don't shoot him."

This isn't really related to the current topic, but I still love your avatar/username so much.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

fade5 posted:

I wonder if I should get in on the right-wing book racket and write a book like "Surviving the Racial Apocalypse: Learning to live as a white person in a majority-minority city/nation". (The text would be: "Just live your goddamn life and don't worry about it, enjoy Fiesta and the local food." repeated over and over for 200 pages.)

I have a friend who is currently living in my guest bedroom. He is a self-described "extreme conservative." He's not, and he won't admit it, but that's for another time. I do all of my shopping at local Latin markets. I took him with me, recently, and we ended up having an argument about immigration. After buying amazing watermelon, lemons, apples, strawberries, marinated chicken leg quarters, milanesa de res, and fresh tortillas, as well as eating an excellent beef with cactus dish at the cafeteria, and washing it down with a fresh-fruit dessert and mixed melon drinks, I commented that immigrants were welcome to keep coming any way they can get here if it means I never have to shop at Smith's, again. He sort of agreed.

I drive two blocks in one direction, and I am surrounded by Chinese and Japanese grocery stores, Korean barbecue joints, karaoke rooms, and exotic tea shops. I drive two blocks in another direction, and it's taquerias and awesome markets. Las Vegas is good in that way, and I like it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

We have a Chinese restaurant that opened in my hometown and a Mexican restaurant. Both owned by immigrants, and employ them as well.

Both are involved in the community (via charities and other things), and even donated to our local high school athletic department. Awesome, Awesome People and right along with the rest of the god fearing :911: Americans that live here.

Pretty awesome for a small town in the middle of Ohio.

Bring on more culture I say. Seems to bring along awesome American's along with it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BiggerBoat posted:

EDIT:

Oh yeah. I meant to ask. Does anyone know when the War on Christmas starts this year because I haven't received my orders from Soros yet on when to burn my tree and how mad I'm supposed to get when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me.

I guess you haven't been following the ferguson thread. The war officially started yesterday

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Ninjasaurus posted:

As a white person, I fully support my ethnicity being bred out of existence so the USA can become browner and browner. :getin:

IDK. I fully support all forms of interaction between people of different races, but I kinda like how people of different races look, including my own? I hate any form of segregation, but I'd also hate to wake up in a time capsule in the future and discover that there aren't any white people is what I'm saying I guess. I have no objection to my own descendants being mixed, but it'd be sad for Caucasians to go the way of Neanderthals - just in an aesthetic way, not a moral way, of course. I mean, like, nonwhite people are nice and all, but wouldn't they get boring if they were all that was left? The other thing I guess I'm saying is that white women are loving hot? I don't say that in some racist way, like I think they're objectively more attractive or something. I just have a goddamn fetish, okay? And I'd be upset if my fetish became for a group of people who no longer exist.

In case it's not clear, I am white myself, just so you know.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I mean, like, nonwhite people are nice and all, but wouldn't they get boring if they were all that was left?

IDK, you'd only be taking out the one.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

I guess you haven't been following the ferguson thread. The war officially started yesterday

The war.......against Christmas?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

IDK. I fully support all forms of interaction between people of different races, but I kinda like how people of different races look, including my own? I hate any form of segregation, but I'd also hate to wake up in a time capsule in the future and discover that there aren't any white people is what I'm saying I guess. I have no objection to my own descendants being mixed, but it'd be sad for Caucasians to go the way of Neanderthals - just in an aesthetic way, not a moral way, of course. I mean, like, nonwhite people are nice and all, but wouldn't they get boring if they were all that was left? The other thing I guess I'm saying is that white women are loving hot? I don't say that in some racist way, like I think they're objectively more attractive or something. I just have a goddamn fetish, okay? And I'd be upset if my fetish became for a group of people who no longer exist.

I am not at all sure you are for real, and if you're not I really hope you source this quote.

I honestly can't see a downside to an America where nobody is considered to be "white" and there's no more white supremacy. I guess there would be a boom in genealogy and everyone starts playing up their specific European heritages so we have St Patrick's/Columbus Day equivalents for the English, Scots, Welsh, Cornish, etc?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I guess I'm saying it'd suck to not have anyone around who looks like me, even if this is so far into the future that I'm dead. I mean, I'm sure there's enough racists to keep whites around, but I'd prefer for there to be something of the race left besides racists, y'know? Because racists are wrong and stupid.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skaboomizzy posted:

I am not at all sure you are for real, and if you're not I really hope you source this quote.

I honestly can't see a downside to an America where nobody is considered to be "white" and there's no more white supremacy. I guess there would be a boom in genealogy and everyone starts playing up their specific European heritages so we have St Patrick's/Columbus Day equivalents for the English, Scots, Welsh, Cornish, etc?

Saint Grfwwdr, who drove all the vowels out of Wales.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I guess I'm saying it'd suck to not have anyone around who looks like me, even if this is so far into the future that I'm dead. I mean, I'm sure there's enough racists to keep whites around, but I'd prefer for there to be something of the race left besides racists, y'know? Because racists are wrong and stupid.

Why would you care? You'd be dead.

Are you such a paragon of humanity that you think your genotype deserves to be immortalized somehow?

This is getting into derail territory so I'm going to shut up now and encourage you to make a thread about how you think your vision of the white race should be a thing that survives for centuries.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Well, what national day does Wales celebrate, and what do they do for it? Besides... drink and eat whatever's stereotypically Welsh, though I honestly don't know what that is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also, of course:

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I mean, like, nonwhite people are nice and all, but wouldn't they get boring if they were all that was left?

lol

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

LaughMyselfTo posted:

What the gently caress?

It sounds like you're upset that if you get into a time machine and travel far enough into the future, you maybe won't have any white women to jerk off to.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Chantilly Say posted:

Well, what national day does Wales celebrate, and what do they do for it? Besides... drink and eat whatever's stereotypically Welsh, though I honestly don't know what that is.

On St David's Day (March 1st) we hold an Eisteddfod, which is a national literary/arts festival, was a very big thing in school when I was growing up and a Good Thing. The uh, national dish is pretty much a grilled cheese but that's fine because it's tasty as gently caress.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LaughMyselfTo posted:

"Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sundayturks posted:

On St David's Day (March 1st) we hold an Eisteddfod, which is a national literary/arts festival, was a very big thing in school when I was growing up and a Good Thing. The uh, national dish is pretty much a grilled cheese but that's fine because it's tasty as gently caress.

quote:

The notion that toasted cheese was a favourite dish irresistible to the Welsh has existed since the Middle Ages. In A C Merie Talys (100 Merry Tales), a printed book of jokes of 1526 AD (of which William Shakespeare made some use), it is told that God became weary of all the Welshmen in heaven, 'which with their krakynge and babelynge trobelyd all the others', and asked the Porter of Heaven Gate, St Peter, to do something about it. So St Peter went outside the gates and called in a loud voice ' Cause bobe, yt is as moche to say as rostyd chese ': at which all the Welshmen ran out, and when St Peter saw they were all outside, he went in and locked the gates, which is why there are no Welshmen in heaven. The 1526 compiler says he found this story 'Wryten amonge olde gestys'.[24]

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Chantilly Say posted:

March the 1st is St. David's day, who's the patron saint of Wales. They hold an eisteddfod, which is kinda like a folk arts recital type thing, sometimes parades, concerts, and food festivals as well. For stereotypical food there are a variety of traditional cakes, lamb, seafood, wild game, beer, and cawl (their version of irish stew basically) is often associated with the day.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Right Wing Media: Cause bobe, yt is as moche to say as rostyd chese

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sorry that future people will probably have a darker skin tone than white people?

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

I know I should have picked up on this without someone pointing it out considering goons just taught me about the 14 Words yesterday but drat, that was so obvious I feel like I've been trolled.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Good Citizen posted:

Totally using this as my Christmas card this year.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Here's a better quality one that doesn't have FOX all over it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Does anyone have a decent article on why Rob McCulloch is a shitlord? From my understanding his job was to get an indictment, and in his own words he presented the jury with "all the evidence" instead of making a case for why this should go to trial. I understand him and his office have latitude with what they present but some of the transcripts make it clear they were acting to discredit witnesses and presenting exculpatory evidence. They're making statements now that make it sound like their job was to put on a mini-trial, but as far as I know that was not what they were supposed to be doing.

The best I have as far as sources go is this five thirty eight article...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

Assuming I don't have something wildly wrong here, is this something the federal investigation will at least look at? I'm guessing they're given enough latitude that it's not something they can be held responsible for, but what's the recourse when a city attorney makes it abundantly clear they don't care about getting and indictment, or are actively seeking the opposite?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oddly enough I linked to that yesterday when someone asked for a source on his past jury spiking and it didn't even occur to me. Durrr, Thanks!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This has been all over right wing sources today

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They don't cite their sources since there's no actual statistic on how many people are killed in a year by the police.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The telling part is that they don't give a poo poo about black murder or abortion either until it comes time to position yourself as to why cops shooting black men is actually a Good Thing

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The real murderers are the abortionists. Let's all focus everything on that instead of the other problems at the same time.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Okay I understand what you're trying to say and I kind of agree but holy poo poo could you have phrased that any worse?

For reference he's saying that he likes the attractive qualities of white women and is kind of worried that in the future said attractive qualities might start to disappear as people of all races start to intermingle more and wow there really is no way to say this without sounding like you're against race mixing huh?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This isn't really related to the current topic, but I still love your avatar/username so much.
I grabbed the username like 2 minutes after Mike Huckabee said it and before another person that wanted it as well. I made a post or two gently gloating about it and within 5 minutes someone had made the avatar and paid for my avatar change. I still don't know who did it and I want to thank them because I loved it then and I still love it now. It's perfect and I can't see myself ever changing it :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Actually, I think Bourdain's CNN show is better than his Travel Channel show was. He's more willing to discuss political issues on Parts Unknown (and he frequently discusses parts of the narrative that CNN's news apparatus would never touch). In several episodes he's come this close to outright stating "America and Capitalism have really hosed up this part of the world".

So far, Rowe's CNN show has been better than "Dirty Jobs" as well. He's not tied down by a premise of doing gross poo poo, so he's done some cool shoots like a Cirque Du Soleil knockoff in Vegas and the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

You'd think there would be more support for less black babies but here we are. I guess the one thing stronger than racism is being anti-abortion.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Has Henry Davis been mentioned in this thread? Because that case tells you all you need to know about the Ferguson PD.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Faustian Bargain posted:

You'd think there would be more support for less black babies but here we are. I guess the one thing stronger than racism is being anti-abortion.

If you framed it 'theres going to be a million more non-whites most of them living on govt benefits within the next 5 years' they would poo poo a brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

happyhippy posted:

If you framed it 'theres going to be a million more non-whites most of them living on govt benefits within the next 5 years' they would poo poo a brick.

That's assuming they care about black people's abortions beyond their use as a talking point. Which is pretty clearly not the case.