Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Basically anything but Homestuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Hussie restarts Homestuck from the beginning, but this time John has a horn.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Basically anything but Homestuck

Don't make Koos sad.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Don't make Koos sad.

You're right and i apologize for my comment.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way i hope the next big retcon will be John retconning the entirety of Homestuck out of existence, and replacing it entirely with And It Don't Stop 2 and some more racist comics

God I love AIDS so much

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Blackheart posted:

Memecharacters aren't necessarily bad either.

example: The Mayor

Sawbuck is being weirdly cute in the paradoxspace comic.

ftfy

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

God I love AIDS so much

Agreed, AIDS is great.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You're all wrong. The greatest thing Hussie ever gave us was Pony Pals. :allears:

I'd trade all of his others works to be able to read the whole thing.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way i hope the next big retcon will be John retconning the entirety of Homestuck out of existence, and replacing it entirely with And It Don't Stop 2 and some more racist comics
Dont forget inappropriate comics about inappropriate hams http://imgur.com/a/d2bXH

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Dolash posted:

I'm waiting for the time when John does something to change the past that actually changes previous sequences in the comic and forces us to go hunting for the changes beyond a purely superficial "oh there's something new in a panel" way.

And how do we know this hasn't already happened? I mean, has anyone gone to check that Nepeta and Equius still got killed? There could have been some major revisions, and even the fanatical Homestuck base might take a day or two to notice something stuck in the Middle of Act 4. Or, for that matter, maybe there is a new room open in Alterniabound?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

NextTime000 posted:

Dont forget inappropriate comics about inappropriate hams http://imgur.com/a/d2bXH

Manimals will always reign supreme in my heart.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Classtoise posted:

Humanimals will always reign supreme in my heart.

This man gets it.

And what about Hooray for Steak, huh?

HUH?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Who What Now posted:

You're all wrong. The greatest thing Hussie ever gave us was Pony Pals. :allears:

same

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Blackheart posted:

Don't make Koos sad.
Koos has actually moved on from MSPA and is into Steven Universe now

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Pony Pals was fantastic, I got so bummed when I realized it was only like two pages long.

We need more Pony Pals.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Pony Pals was fantastic, I got so bummed when I realized it was only like two pages long.

We need more Pony Pals.

I hope it is Hussie's next project after finishing Homestuck. Screw the game.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
A Pony Pals game in the style of Myst 3. Hussie takes an existing Pony Pals adventure game and screws up all the puzzles, requiring ad hoc solutions.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

Hussie restarts Homestuck from the beginning, but this time John has a horn.

Your name is ROLAND DESCHAIN. You are following THE MAN IN BLACK across THE DESERT.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Mayor is a loving boss. :colbert:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003701

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Aurora posted:

Your name is ROLAND DESCHAIN. You are following THE MAN IN BLACK across THE DESERT.

==> Reunite with Jake.

What Jake? You let Jake fall to his death.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

He was an interesting character, with mystery, tragedy and agency, but ever since the exile plotline was snuffed out and he was deposited on the meteor he's just been a prop. He doesn't even get enough attention for us to see his side of the story anymore, what he thinks of the situations he's in or what he wants. His motives are unclear, if he's motivated to do anything at all.

It was kind of a running joke during the three-year trip that he was apparently doing all these interesting things to win everyone over, much like how Fefeta was apparently very verbose and friendly offscreen too. There was hardly enough time to show the main characters, nevermind WV who'd outlived his plot purpose and niche.

Turning that lack of attention into a self-aware joke where the meteor crew all love the Mayor for some reason was funny enough, but it did do real damage to him as a character. The same thing happened to PM and Bec Noir, both important characters once upon a time who are now just sort of kicking around waiting to get anticlimactically blown up or maybe to play some token role in the finale. It might've been better if all three characters had died as part of the climactic events surrounding Cascade before the beginning of the journey to the new session, to tie a tidy bow around the events of the old session and wrap up these loose ends.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Aurora posted:

I can't even imagine how few fucks I would have been able to muster for this story if it had started in the middle of Act 6.

That's a lie, I can totally imagine, because I tried to read The Dark Tower starting with the first book.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The Mayor is as story relevant as Feferi or Nepeta, hence why his actions can be summarised offscreen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RZApublican posted:

Alternatively, Whistles, Book 2.

Homestuck is actually the prologue to Whistles Book 2.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What I want to know is when we're going to get to the big money cash-in sequel for Problem Sleuth.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Whistles Book 2 is the intermission before Problem Sleuth Chapter 23.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dolash posted:

Stuff I agree with completely.

PM and Jack (original) have become giant, murderous dogs. That's dumb. They were legitimately interesting-okay, Bec Noir was a legitimately interesting character. Sure, the dog thing was amusing, but setting him up as an unaligned vigilante opposed to LE could have been a nice way to a) get him and PM killed in a fitting manner, b) set up the bigger villain in a way that didn't involve murdering lots of dead versions of characters and doing nothing else, instead showing the extent of his abilities in a way that completely trivialized the earlier villains.

It feels like HIC is the big villain here, and I'm afraid that LE just is too remote a threat to establish the omnicidal maniac image I feel like Hussie was going for with him. Caliborn is hilarious, but he's really making LE hard to take super seriously; which is fine, if the tone characters used regarding him wasn't in such contrast with the comic's tone regarding him and what is almost certainly his past self/creator.

WV's story played out fully, and he probably should have died during Cascade.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So Math posted:

A Pony Pals game in the style of Myst 3. Hussie takes an existing Pony Pals adventure game and screws up all the puzzles, requiring ad hoc solutions.

I was thinking more Pyst

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WV and PM still have an important role to fulfill.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blackheart posted:

WV and PM still have an important role to fulfill.

What is it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It is very important, and you will be completely surprised when it happens. You'll take your hand to your forehead saying something like "whoa, I just... whoa. So that's why he kept these guys around. It makes so much sense in retrospect, I can't believe it"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Someone actually did this. I haven't read it all, but you have to admire their commitment to the form if nothing else.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I'm still hoping WV becomes the Wastelandic Vindicator.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That title would become ironically appropriate, since it'd be his job to vindicate all the time the comic spent on the wasteland.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
Why does everyone want PM dead :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Android Blues posted:

Someone actually did this. I haven't read it all, but you have to admire their commitment to the form if nothing else.

I want to thank you for this. It's fantastic.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Who What Now posted:

I want to thank you for this. It's fantastic.

I agree. Truly a thing of beauty, and so in character.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Just finished reading Whistles, which was a pretty great experience, though I noticed that this panel seemed a bit familiar:

Subtle callback or just general eyerolling?

It's both isn't it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ThaumPenguin posted:

Just finished reading Whistles, which was a pretty great experience, though I noticed that this panel seemed a bit familiar:

Subtle callback or just general eyerolling?

It's both isn't it.

Hussie doesn't tend to reference his past works at all so it's probably just a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

I agree. Truly a thing of beauty, and so in character.

I just finished it and it's exactly as Jane describes it, a tough, emotionally draining read. But it's cathartic, in all the worst ways possible.