Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dias posted:

Persona Q confuses me - didn't you make Strange Journey already? I mean...dungeon crawler, MegaTen, hard as gently caress?

The mainline SMT series is mostly dungeon crawling and Etrian Odyssey is a relatively popular and sucessful dungeon crawler series. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

What is a friend?

Someone who agrees with your video game opinions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Waifu posted:

What is a friend?

as goons we will never know

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Seshoho Cian posted:

Re: the "What is Kirby" chat

This should have been the new merch

"Pat is shaped like a super best friend"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

What is a friend?

A miserable pile of mailbox gifts, if the best friends are to be believed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AXE COP posted:

This should have been the new merch

"Pat Zach is shaped like a super best friend"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm starting to wonder if this Fall playthrough was a good idea.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm starting to wonder if this Fall playthrough was a good idea.

Yeah. The game is really cool, but blind LPs of adventure games are the worst.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Please tell pat not to watch the one piece anime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Please tell pat to watch the 4Kids one piece anime.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bayonetta WHOOOOOOOO?!?

Bravo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Watching Matt and Pat be baffled by the easiest puzzle ever in Evil Within was pretty funny.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Watching Matt and Pat be baffled by the easiest puzzle ever in Evil Within was pretty funny.
At least they found the hidden statue in that room. I never found it.

Hell, I'm surprised whenever they just happen to stumble upon one every time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Please tell pat not to watch the one piece anime.

Yeah it reaches a certain point where it catches up to the manga and the pacing takes a huge dump

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just watched the fashion show and I'm really happy at the running down of the merchandise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's already watched like 120 episodes, it's a bit too late guys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One Piece is good, but it's still one of those things where for the anime version you need a cheat sheet of what to skip as just lovely filler.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae posted:

Pat's already watched like 120 episodes, it's a bit too late guys

It's his superpower, in 20 minutes he can watch 4 episodes of an anime

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Depths posted:

It's his superpower, in 20 minutes he can watch 4 episodes of an anime

If you skip the intro, outro, recaps and needless character monologues, you can too!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Each episode would roughly take about 17 minutes, depending on how Pat watches his episodes. And that's being generous, assuming he's not doing something else like watching it on a 2nd monitor.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Tae posted:

Each episode would roughly take about 17 minutes, depending on how Pat watches his episodes. And that's being generous, assuming he's not doing something else like watching it on a 2nd monitor.

LORE PROTIP: The reason Pat worked at a grocery store for so many years is so that he could afford a working replica of the television curtain from Back to the Future 2. He can watch 6 things at once.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 26, 2014

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Tae posted:

But he could binge so much faster if he read the manga instead! He might even be capable of reading all of One Piece in 24 hours, if he only takes 1 minute and 52.5 seconds on average per chapter, and never takes a break.

On second thought, maybe doing it in two days is more reasonable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat doesn't do "reasonable"

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tatum Girlparts posted:

One Piece is good, but it's still one of those things where for the anime version you need a cheat sheet of what to skip as just lovely filler.

Some of the filler's pretty good though.

The real issue with the One Piece anime is how Toei got into the habit of stretching out each episode as much as possible, and for that at least there's http://onepace.net/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can Estus while on a ladder??? The gently caress?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

You can Estus while on a ladder??? The gently caress?

Wait, seriously? I've never even thought to try that.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

Pat doesn't do "reasonable"

Pat also doesn't do "easy boss fights," judging from Evil Within 13.

Sentinel's probably the easiest boss in the whole game. You don't need the sniper rifle to stop his charge. Shotgun works too. When he falls, that's when you pump him with Explosive Bolts. And yeah, you absolutely can just run back in, grab Oda's glasses, and get the hell outta there without fighting Sentinel 2. It gets you some bioslime, but it absolutely isn't worth it.

Not with what's gonna happen at the end of chapter 7, anyway! Gonna make a prediction for early/mid 7 - The hanging body trap will kill him. Possibly more than once. See, if you go near the guy and shoot him down, it triggers wall spikes that instantly kill you. But if you walk too close without shooting him... the not-dead guy gets himself down and triggers the trap anyway. There are no holes in the wall, before or after the spikes shoot out, to indicate they're there. There aren't too many instances of those guys, and after the first you learn how to deal with them, but that first one fucks everybody up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I loving lost it at Sebastion just falling apart when the dog bumped into him. Dudes made of lovely legos.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Catching up with the podcast, Liam says he didn't like the Yu Yu Hakusho English dub, which is basically the best anime dub ever made. Liam that's worth 3 Anime Hitlers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Catching up with the podcast, Liam says he didn't like the Yu Yu Hakusho English dub, which is basically the best anime dub ever made. Liam that's worth 3 Anime Hitlers.

To be fair, that's a dub from the 90's, nothing can be good from that era of dubbing.

Then again maybe I should see it first before saying anything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The YuYu Hakusho dub is actually super good, it being from the 90s doesn't mean poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Then again maybe I should see it first before saying anything.

Then why say it at all in the first place

are you liam

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Beef Waifu posted:

The YuYu Hakusho dub is actually super good, it being from the 90s doesn't mean poo poo.

Yeah it was the start of the good Funimation dubs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Beef Waifu posted:

Well, aside from 90s fashion, yeah YYH dub is so drat good, even the creator was like "yeah, I like it better." Justin Cook is just so charming and hilarious as Yusuke Urameshi.

Imagine how weirded out I was when I heard Kurama's Japanese VA voiced by Megumi Ogata... I get using a woman to voice a young boy, but man Yu Yu Hakusho is probably the only anime I love in English over Japanese.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Funimation didn't even get the rights for YYH till 2001 so most of the production was after 9/11 making it definitely not a 90s thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yikes, this TEW episode.

Yikes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Yikes, this TEW episode.

Yikes.

It's weird, I had none of the problems they did with that boss (assuming you're talking about the boss here). I just stood in the middle of the arena and shot at it until it was over, I didn't even know there were special mechanics to it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Compendium posted:

Well, aside from 90s fashion, yeah YYH dub is so drat good, even the creator was like "yeah, I like it better." Justin Cook is just so charming and hilarious as Yusuke Urameshi.

Imagine how weirded out I was when I heard Kurama's Japanese VA voiced by Megumi Ogata... I get using a woman to voice a young boy, but man Yu Yu Hakusho is probably the only anime I love in English over Japanese.

Japanese Kuwabara is a sin.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

Yikes, this TEW episode.

Yikes.

Woof, all you need to do is blast the pooch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014