Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

NippleFloss posted:

None of the courses that will qualify you for the exam will prepare you for the exam. They all follow the same blueprint.

From the exam blueprint

quote:

2. Intended Audience
2.1 Intended Audience
A candidate for the VCP-DCV certification has approximately six months experience working with a vSphere
implementation. They are typically infrastructure personnel who are capable of installing and configuring ESXi
hosts and can use VMware vCenter™ Server to monitor, manage, troubleshoot and administer virtual
machines. The successful candidate will most likely have additional industry-recognized general IT
certifications or the equivalent experience (typically 2-5 years).

I suppose that's accurate, pretty much every vendor is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

:D I like the 'capital up' one - back in my helpdesk days I got asked more than once whether a number was uppercase or lowercase when advising customers of new passwords

"your new password is internet5, i, n, t, e, r, n, e, t, 5"

"IS THAT A CAPITAL 5 !!!!???!!"

"err..."

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

:thumbsup:

whaam fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 27, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

spiny posted:

"IS THAT A CAPITAL 5 !!!!???!!"

"No, it's a lowercase 5 in the Imperfect Subjunctive."

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

So what's everybody's work load on pre-t-day?

I don't even know why I came in today. Should have "worked from home". At least traffic wasn't bad.

I worked because I wanted to get poo poo done. A department director wondered why I wasn't taking off after a 13 day work week, told him poo poo needed to be done. he just said we need to talk about when I should call "enough work is enough for one week"

It's called caring about what you do, not taking holiday, family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

That's sometimes true, but sometimes it isn't.

I don't really keep up to date with your family life but if there are people you're close to, storage can wait a few minutes while you give them a call.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I worked because I wanted to get poo poo done. A department director wondered why I wasn't taking off after a 13 day work week, told him poo poo needed to be done. he just said we need to talk about when I should call "enough work is enough for one week"

It's called caring about what you do, not taking holiday, family can wait servers/storage/network can not.

LOL, who loving cares, you aren't a doctor, none of it matters.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

storage can wait a few minutes while you give them a call.

Not really depending on the raid type and redundancy.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is the single dumbest thing I've seen posted in SHSC

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Not really depending on the raid type and redundancy.

If you're standing on the razor's edge like that, it's only a matter of time before everything fails. If your system is so fragile that it can't handle a day without attention, you've already failed.

It's fine that you don't mind taking time away from family to focus on work, but what's going to happen if you get a flat tire or you sprain an ankle or any other number of emergencies?

Caveat: If you're really involved in some high stakes business and you've got millions of dollars on the line, I can understand. I'm pretty sure you're not about to corner wall street with a new HFT algorithm or something though.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Just look at how dumb you are.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Are you trolling us for real here

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are you trolling us for real here

Not trolling, if I had the time to troll I would just go to some dumbass site like ebaums world or 4chan; I am just speaking from an IT guys' perspective.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Not trolling, if I had the time to troll I would just go to some dumbass site like ebaums world or 4chan; I am just speaking from an IT guys' perspective.

No, you're not speaking as an IT guy, you're speaking as someone in desperate need of therapy, jesus loving christ.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
DAF, settle a bet, do you have at least one 16:9 monitor in portrait

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, you're not speaking as an IT guy, you're speaking as someone in desperate need of therapy, jesus loving christ.

Not really, I am speaking from what SA SH/SC has taught me. Money/power > social poo poo

Jonny 290 posted:

DAF, settle a bet, do you have at least one 16:9 monitor in portrait

No, it's the default Centos install wallpaper.

why the hell is this even a topic?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DAF, you can tell a lot about a person by their wallpaper, you know.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Not really, I am speaking from what SA SH/SC has taught me. Money/power > social poo poo

No, it's the default Centos install wallpaper.

why the hell is this even a topic?

You're going to freak out your director and he'll can you because he's afraid of what you might do with the keys to the kingdom when you snap.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
I am about to go to bed because I have a big day with family tomorrow, but my guess is I am going to wake up to 40+ posts in this thread

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

I'm the guy in the lower left.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

As a sysadmin you will never have any real power at your job and the amount of money you will make will be small, relative to the amount needed to have power.

Find a new career if you want to be a rich warlord of something.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Wait a second. It's not Friday night!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NippleFloss posted:

As a sysadmin you will never have any real power at your job and the amount of money you will make will be small, relative to the amount needed to have power.

Find a new career if you want to be a rich warlord of something.

God forbid he ever tries to become a manager.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Whatever.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 27, 2014

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

skipdogg posted:

Wait a second. It's not Friday night!

Long weekend for the holiday. Getting an early start.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

youre earning pennies and have no power i hope this helps

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

go3 posted:

youre earning pennies and have no power i hope this helps

If that is what you want to think; but this is SH/SC not some socail forum....

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

You were a little heavy handed on this troll post, DAF. You may want to scale it back if you want to maintain a level of believability next time.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

GOOCHY posted:

You were a little heavy handed on this troll post, DAF. You may want to scale it back if you want to maintain a level of believability next time.

There is no trolling done in this post, however if you want to believe it then whatever... Just remember someone took charge at 19 and is living it up. It's called living your own destiny and not falling into some stupid poo poo.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCFbdOOmOY

[quote="BaseballPCHiker" post="438208301"]
Ah man he edited his post about only needing 108k to live off of! [quote]

It was 105K and no I want to be a self made man.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 27, 2014

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Ah man he edited his post about only needing 108k to live off of! And how it's not about the money but is somehow? I'm not following you tonight. Maybe throw in something about trying to help all those plebs out there learn something?

DAF go outside and find something cool to do or hang out with some people. I know a lot of tech people who never thought they would enjoy hiking/outdoors who turn out to love it because they can just unplug and relax for a while.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

There is no trolling done in this post, however if you want to believe it then whatever... Just remember someone took charge at 19 and is living it up. It's called living your own destiny and not falling into some stupid poo poo.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCFbdOOmOY

Serious question.

What is your blood pressure at?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"This is the smallest amount of power I have ever seen go to someone's head"

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Methanar posted:

Serious question.

What is your blood pressure at?

Can we answer this over PM we are getting off topic? You are free to post anything after but this thread should remain on IT and not have me responding to a bunch of granpas over 30 years old who should be thinking about kids and retirement.... I mean come on, SA is at a disconnect about this.

PS: do people at 30 use a cane? Sorry need to ask the grandpa's in this thread.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
"Wow that's a lot of posts since I last checked, I wonder if... yep."

I mean, it doesn't really matter if he's trolling or not. He's getting the attention he wants either way.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 6, 2016

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Methanar posted:

Oh loving poo poo I should have known I was being egged on... son of a bitch.. welp gently caress sorry all

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 6, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Can we answer this over PM we are getting off topic? You are free to post anything after but this thread should remain on IT and not have me responding to a bunch of granpas over 30 years old who should be thinking about kids and retirement.... I mean come on, SA is at a disconnect about this.

PS: do people at 30 use a cane? Sorry need to ask the grandpa's in this thread.

Go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Hahaha, gently caress all of you grandpas who are too old to enjoy life!"

<works through his holidays and thinks about nothing but a completely meaningless midlevel corporate IT job>