Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Nah I am always right when it comes to bad anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bubblegumbo0 posted:

A curse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Truly the Cassandra of our time.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

nuru posted:

One group of goons is really mad that another group of goons likes something that they don't*.

* Doesn't apply to Cross Ange

that requires that a group of goons liked it in the first place, that one guy was probably effort trolling

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Contextless spoilers for currently airing shows are cool, but not as cool as discussing the manga in the anime thread with unmarked spoiler tags. That's definitely the coolerest.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Actually that's the only time spoiler tags are justified.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Marked, yes.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

dear jesus,

please give the power to probate all the people who made those terrible posts about the anime music video with the titties in it

sincerely and amen

Dick Spacious CPA

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You of all people should know that anime is a deep art to analyze.

A deep, deep, deep, and dark place. :(

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

dear jesus,

please give the power to probate all the people who made those terrible posts about the anime music video with the titties in it

sincerely and amen

Dick Spacious CPA

thank you jesus for bringing dick spacious back to us

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
if i dont type a 1000 word essay about the anime babe video how else would my raging stiffy die down?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

dear jesus,

sincerely and amen

Dick Spacious CPA
Dear Dick Spacious CPA

You are now on my ignore list

Sincerely, jesus

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Do you actually think you're funny.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Compendium posted:

Do you actually think you're funny.
Talk of Me!Me!Me! is perfectly warranted on this site. I was just fancily telling dick that I'm ignoring him, in an ironic fashion.
And I do believe myself to be a mischievous yet nice guy. Please lay off.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Anime tit music video is Seriously Good poo poo but you should Seriously Stop Posting

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Forever? I haven't been as much as an rear end in a top hat as Dick here on the ADTRW, and I don't intend to become one here.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
grouchio is now under my protection i shall protect him from the anime ironiposting cabal

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

CABAL? http://kane.cx/~kane/ioncannon.wav

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

grouchio is now under my protection i shall protect him from the anime ironiposting cabal

Same.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

:agreed:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In ADTRW, war was beginning.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

In ADTRW, war was beginning.

These forums are dangerous without their king. Locked up in his castle made of Let's Plays and Magic Cards, King Zorak hasn't even uttered a word in months as his subjects fight it out in the streets of the Gundam and Fall Anime 2014 threads. If only there were a big anime fan here to save us...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Zorak

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
MAPPA and noitaminA announced Punch Line, a new original anime for Spring 2015!

quote:

The slogan for the anime is, "Once he sees underwear, humanity is destroyed!?"

Okay then.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So this is what Velma's doing after Scooby Doo*

*I don't actually know if that's still airing in some form, it probably is

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They also announced another noitaminA show. No details yet outside of the title (Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri, which translates to Knocking on the Walls of the Armored Fortress) but Tetsuro Araki of Death Note and Attack on Titan fame is directing, and Ichiro Okouchi, most known for writing Geass, is writing.

Granted both the director and writer have had good shows and really terrible shows under their belt (never forget that this is the duo that brought us Guilty Crown) so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

So there won't be any pantyshots then?

EDIT:

From the writer of Ever17, 999 and Virtue's Last Reward?!?!?

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 27, 2014

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

They also announced another noitaminA show. No details yet outside of the title (Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri, which translates to Knocking on the Walls of the Armored Fortress) but Tetsuro Araki of Death Note and Attack on Titan fame is directing, and Ichiro Okouchi, most known for writing Geass, is writing.

Granted both the director and writer have had good shows and really terrible shows under their belt (never forget that this is the duo that brought us Guilty Crown) so I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm legit exited to either love of hate this show.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Srice posted:

I don't have any sort of expectations for this, but then again we don't know anything about the subject matter either. It could be surprisingly good or surprisingly bad. There's no way to tell for sure. Other than the name vaguely suggesting an inversion of Attack on Titan, but even that first impression might turn out to be misleading.

Frankly, Tetsuro Araki doesn't inspire much confidence as a director, at least in my opinion, other than making everything look pretty and shiny. He's great for adaptations and action sequences but hasn't proven himself with a good original project yet. I don't trust him in a creative position.

Guilty Crown was indeed a disaster, although in that case Hiroyuki Yoshino did most of the writing while Okouchi was the third wheel. Even Valvrave was kind of decent in comparison (which should be read as damning it with faint praise). Either way, it would already be an improvement if the protagonist isn't like Haruto or loving Ouma Shu. If they can't fix that major issue, then there's no point in watching. I guess we'll eventually find out.

wielder fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 27, 2014

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wow that looks terrible.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

I'm guessing the world is going to end by the end of the first episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Happy Birthday Zorak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So the writer for Ever17, 999, and Virtue's Last Reward is creating this? Huh, okay. I guess it's nice he isn't writing the same goddamn story for the fifth time.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I never heard the backstory surrounding how Guilty Crown was such a mess. Was there a known reason?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So the writer for Ever17, 999, and Virtue's Last Reward is creating this? Huh, okay. I guess it's nice he isn't writing the same goddamn story for the fifth time.
You have no idea how much I would give up to get that sixth one :smith:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

nuru posted:

I never heard the backstory surrounding how Guilty Crown was such a mess. Was there a known reason?

The production wasn't messy at all, it definitely looked nicer than the average show. It was just a bad, poorly written show that quickly became the boring kind of bad.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Joke's on you, dude's gonna work quantum mechanics into the anime somehow.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Twiddy posted:

God bless him if he does.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Twiddy posted:

But quantum mechanics already apply to anime.

Just think about it. Every new anime season is the best season yet and the worst season yet, at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

So there won't be any pantyshots then?

EDIT:

It's nice to see that he's advanced from merely rehashing trite visual novel plots and is now rehashing trite light novel plots as well.

• Locked thread