Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Has any Prime Minister fallen out of a honeymoon period so quickly? I mean most polls are putting the ALP in the 53-54% territory by now and no G20, Obama visit or any mention of the carbon tax is stopping this trend. I'm not saying #OneTermTony, just that there's been zero recovery from this government yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Gas this horrible loving thread.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Tirade posted:

Gas this horrible loving thread.

Agreed

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Anidav posted:

Has any Prime Minister fallen out of a honeymoon period so quickly? I mean most polls are putting the ALP in the 53-54% territory by now and no G20, Obama visit or any mention of the carbon tax is stopping this trend. I'm not saying #OneTermTony, just that there's been zero recovery from this government yet.

It's pretty much unprecedented.

quote:

Australian Greens Senator Richard Di Natale was joined by colleagues from across the political spectrum to announce a bill that will make medicinal cannabis available for those people who need it.

The bill will be introduced in the Senate and the House of Representatives with co-sponsors from the Greens, Labor, Liberal, Nationals and Democratic Liberal parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_nOs5hC4qk

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Anidav posted:

No, no Prime Minister has ever lost popularity so quickly. Don't forget that Tony's been dead in the polls for almost a year now, so at the point that Tony lost popularity Rudd was at something like 58/42, and it took until 2.5 years in for him to even drop to 52/48.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Gotta say, I think the Australian Goon Party has a lot of potential.

Think about it.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

On a question about military funding, Tony Abbott says it's ironic Shorten asks since he helped place Australia in the financial position that it is now.

http://www.hastonystoppedblaminglaboryet.com/

e; Bishop just said that anyone that spoke over her would get 94A'd. Two Liberal members then proceeded to shout over her. Joel Fitzgibbon raises on a point of order and points out she hasn't kicked them out, and she 94A's Fitzgibbon.

lmao

e; during a question about the East-West link, somebody mentions that the ALP want to follow the Greens to collect preferences and Ablo raises on a point of order to say that they follow Infrastructure Australia's advice, not the Greens. Bishop 94A's him before he can finish the sentence.

Murodese fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 27, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

You have the reading comprehension of a five year old.

You should have said stop being hysterical, hth

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^Thank you. At least one person got it.

Amethyst posted:

Who are you even talking to

The things I posted were references to just some of the horrible poo poo Abbott's done and tried to pass off as innocent. Nothing exists without context. Context can turn a simple phrase into an insult.

For example your sewing circle and gossip circle remarks. You then came back with:

quote:

Gossip circle is not a gendered term, come on

This was utter bullshit and you know it. That's the exact sort of bullshit Abbott and other racist shitheads pull.

Fruity Gordo posted:

What's unreasonable is that you expect me to bother trying to have a conversation with you about a heavily gendered topic when you're not even sophisticated enough to avoid gendered sledging. Unless you think that terms like 'sewing circle' exist in a rhetorical vacuum. Which you probably do because you are an utterly witless turd.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

It's cool how you guys accuse me of ignorant sexism for using the term "gossip circle" then turn around and deploy "hysterical" for epic lulzy burns.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

:kiddo:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

This was utter bullshit and you know it. That's the exact sort of bullshit Abbott and other racist shitheads pull.

Nonsense.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Amethyst posted:

It's cool how you guys accuse me of ignorant sexism for using the term "gossip circle" then turn around and deploy "hysterical" for epic lulzy burns.

:kiddo:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Yes use of the word hysterical was not at all a response to bring attention to the fact that you think it's okay to brainlessly poo poo out gendered terms and then when called out on them continue with more gendered terms.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
also didn't you say you were leaving? Make like a kieselguhr kid and log off into the sunset.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Gough Suppressant posted:

Yes use of the word hysterical was not at all a response to bring attention to the fact that you think it's okay to brainlessly poo poo out gendered terms and then when called out on them continue with more gendered terms.

You're a brainless twit. I apologized promptly for my careless initial use of a gendered term. Not that it stopped the resident loudmouth dullard from chiming in with pointless insults.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Amethyst posted:

You're a brainless twit. I apologized promptly for my careless initial use of a gendered term. Not that it stopped the resident loudmouth dullard from chiming in with pointless insults.

Stop posting.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I will, since this thread has clearly become a refuge for complete morons. Bye

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shorten would make a good Vegeta but Abbott looks nothing like Goku.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

homebrew
Mar 13, 2007

Needs more (safer) beer.

Amethyst posted:

Eh I'm sick of talking to you loudmouth idiots, frankly. You don't seem even slightly interested in the topic at hand, just getting stupid little gotchas from The Enemy

Not empty quoting....

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Don't make promises you have no intention of delivering upon.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Isn't this like the second or third time you've made this post?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amethyst posted:

Wow, rude!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Wait, is Amethyst KK? Because that would make a lot of sense.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Prolly. How many times have you appeared?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

As many times as you've made a good post plus one

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This thread might actually have todays QT beat for white noise

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Murodese posted:

Bishop just said that anyone that spoke over her would get 94A'd. Two Liberal members then proceeded to shout over her. Joel Fitzgibbon raises on a point of order and points out she hasn't kicked them out, and she 94A's Fitzgibbon.

lmao

e; during a question about the East-West link, somebody mentions that the ALP want to follow the Greens to collect preferences and Ablo raises on a point of order to say that they follow Infrastructure Australia's advice, not the Greens. Bishop 94A's him before he can finish the sentence.

The Guardian's political blog reports that 18 Labor members were ejected, which is apparently a record since Federation.:confuoot:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

WebDog posted:

Prolly. How many times have you appeared?

You do realise the ignore button is so you don't read and reply to someone's posts right?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gorbash posted:

The Guardian's political blog reports that 18 Labor members were ejected, which is apparently a record since Federation.:confuoot:

Is there any recourse the house can take against Bishop? This all seems so blatantly biased.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is there any recourse the house can take against Bishop? This all seems so blatantly biased.

They tried killing her once but she just rose again

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

You lucky son of a gun.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

It is a good post.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

cpaf posted:

This thread might actually have todays QT beat for white noise

Is that physically possible? QT always reminds me of a black hole, a vortex of pain out of which nothing intelligent escapes.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Murodese posted:

They tried killing her once but she just rose again

You have to destroy her phylactery. How many times do I have to remind you about this?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Gough Suppressant posted:

You do realise the ignore button is so you don't read and reply to someone's posts right?
I know...but....just this once.
It's like playing connect four or seeing how many different shitposters I can get in one go.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Phillip Hughes died.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yet this thread lives.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

WebDog posted:

I know...but....just this once.
It's like playing connect four or seeing how many different shitposters I can get in one go.

Operating on a whole other plane above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It is an extremely powerful own to point out that you are ignoring someone or multiple someones and people should do it more often imo.

• Locked thread