Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
e: misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also because I'm an impatient baby about when do you meet the other cast? Since it seems there are 'only' 4 dungeons I find it hard to believe you gotta go through a quarter of the game without the crossover, the usual 'the first dungeon is the tutorial and poo poo happens after' rule may not apply.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
During the boss fight of the first dungeon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That's a pro time for that to happen.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

For the record, the first dungeon is shorter than the others. Not only is the first floor smaller, it has fewer floors total. Also, I suspect there'll be six dungeons total, just like every other EO game; 4 initial laybyrinths, a final boss labyrinth, and a postgame labyrinth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I've been avoiding spoilers except for one thing and it's been forever since I played an EO game so I was just basing it on the 'there's 4 locks' things, should at least figure there's a final boss dungeon, and yea a post game one would make sense too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

This game.

I thought I was stronger than this.

I thought I could get through this.

I thought I was ready.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Junpei/Kanji/Shinjiro
Yukari/P4hero

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know right, I went in thinking all 'ok I'm gonna have my dog bro and Akihiko, maybe his big creepy bro and probably Aigis (shut up despite being the worst I still somehow liked her a lot)' but no, I'm just constantly switching everyone except Yukari around into my party, including the new double characters because Rei is adorable and I want her to talk about food all the time.

When I get the P4 folks and have Kanji, Chie, and Naoto in the mix too I'm just gonna be staring at my screen unable to move.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've been avoiding spoilers except for one thing and it's been forever since I played an EO game so I was just basing it on the 'there's 4 locks' things, should at least figure there's a final boss dungeon, and yea a post game one would make sense too.

The Japanese players were asked not to spoil beyond the 4th dungeon or whatnot.

I did happen to bookmark a Persona Q wiki that had started in Japan shortly after launch. It looks like they have a full map listing.

http://game-kouryaku.info/personaq/map.html

E: Tagging by request.

The thing seems to indicate 5 dungeons. If you've been playing the game longer than an hour you can probably guess where the final one is.

Worth mentioning is the number of floors (not counting the boss floor)

Dungeon 1: 3 floors
Dungeon 2-4: 4 floors
Dungeon 5: 9 floors

So that's what you're in for.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 27, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Map making is about as smooth and simple as a dungeon crawler can do, the ability to color code and all is very useful, I like the icons, all that jazz, it's real good.

That said I also enjoy the ability to auto map walls because sometimes you just don't wanna gently caress with it.

Yeah, I play on the bus a lot so I appreciate not needing my stylus out all the time when I could drop it and have it vanish forever.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Dehry posted:

The Japanese players were asked not to spoil beyond the 4th dungeon or whatnot.

I did happen to bookmark a Persona Q wiki that had started in Japan shortly after launch. It looks like they have a full map listing.

You should probably spoiler tag this. I know it's pretty basic info, but still.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I switched junpei out for chie

I am sweating bullets

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Truly the worst part is that there are six slots for five party members. I know why, but that last slot is taunting me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Koromaru should be the navigator. Bark, bark.

Every character should be Koromaru. Go to the weapons shop, Koromaru. Fusing personas? Koromaru. Final boss? Koromaru!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

Truly the worst part is that there are six slots for five party members. I know why, but that last slot is taunting me.

Seriously why are there six slots, it's just mean.

Also yea, Koromaru or Chie is gonna be the worst choice for me, I already know Akihiko is probably losing his spot to Kanji.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously why are there six slots, it's just mean.

Also yea, Koromaru or Chie is gonna be the worst choice for me, I already know Akihiko is probably losing his spot to Kanji.

The reason is because when EO was designed, they decided that you have to have a 5 member party so that you feel that something is missing no matter what kind of party you make. The 6th slot is there to taunt you and make you feel bad.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's so much worse in PQ

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Your favorite character will always be missing.

But for me, a sixth slot will never give me Maya/Tatsuya/Eikichi/Ulala

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker
I don't suppose the game has leaked experience, does it, where the back-up characters get a small percentage of XP active characters do?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TheKingOfDastards posted:

I don't suppose the game has leaked experience, does it, where the back-up characters get a small percentage of XP active characters do?

no, but i'm pretty sure requests give full experience to everybody.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Despite beating all the other EO games my brain is farting in this one in how to approach it with building party members. Not giving me defined classes is killing me, Atlus. :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MotU posted:

Despite beating all the other EO games my brain is farting in this one in how to approach it with building party members. Not giving me defined classes is killing me, Atlus. :(

The combat is more SMT related than EO related. So just have your bases covered. Buffs, debuffs, and a good coverage of elements.

Does the Heal Stone really let you have permanent in battle healing?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does the Heal Stone really let you have permanent in battle healing?

Yes, but it's only 50 hp and you can only use it once per round. It's really, really useful, but it's certainly no replacement for a Diarama or Media.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

gently caress it! I'm not going to get the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy because I'm too good at SMT to get Rise to make 250 unique comments on the state of battle. :argh:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Neurion posted:

gently caress it! I'm not going to get the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy because I'm too good at SMT to get Rise to make 250 unique comments on the state of battle. :argh:

Are you on risky? If not, I suggest that mode.

Also, all this Persona Q chat really hurts, since EU guys and gals have to wait until tomorrow. Hey, at least it's not nearly 2 years!
But look, the EU Collector's edition costs £70 where-as you can get the NA version for £44! Woooo! Also, you can't get the premium persona 3DS XL here either.
Being a Atlus fan in the EU/AUS really is rough, I have to grasp my raidou-heeho plushie tight in bed and cry myself to sleep every night.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Its not on the eu eshop. why it is not on the eshop. its written 27/11 on the web site
what must i do?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of EU, aside from the collector's edition is there going to be a physical release or is it digital only like SMTIV? I'm hoping I can get physical without needing it to be significantly more expensive but with these I never really know. :saddowns:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of EU, aside from the collector's edition is there going to be a physical release or is it digital only like SMTIV? I'm hoping I can get physical without needing it to be significantly more expensive but with these I never really know. :saddowns:

Nope, digital only. :negative:

Iceclaw, it's out tomorrow.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Samael posted:

Nope, digital only. :negative:

Iceclaw, it's out tomorrow.

everything is a lie.
Jokes aside, do the e shop get updated at midnight is it later?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

everything is a lie.
Jokes aside, do the e shop get updated at midnight is it later?

If it was like SMT4, then it's not at midnight, I wouldn't know the exact time though. I'll have a look around on the interwebs.

EDIT: I think it's 2pm GMT, but don't quote me on that one.

Samael fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 27, 2014

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Samael posted:

Nope, digital only.

Goddammit! :negative:

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
We're down to four entrants in our Persona Waifu Wars: The Legend of Best Girl tournament poll. It's getting pretty close to the wire now! http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/waifu-wars-legend-best-girl-semi-finals/

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Someone said that Orpheus Telos is available as a free DLC persona, but the only one I'm seeing when I bring up the DLC in-game is Kaguya. What gives?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Orpheus Telos is next week, I think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PoshAlligator posted:

We're down to four entrants in our Persona Waifu Wars: The Legend of Best Girl tournament poll. It's getting pretty close to the wire now! http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/waifu-wars-legend-best-girl-semi-finals/

How is Naoto vs. Rise even close?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

precision posted:

How is Naoto vs. Rise even close?

:agreed: anyone who dates naoto is a certified bad person. might as well punch kanji in the dick.

and how is chie not completely rolling aigis?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love how Shinjiro's character portrait makes it look as if he's not had any sleep in days.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Best waifu poll is flawed. Everyone knows Akihiko is best waifu.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So I found out that when you press A on the voice volume menu, you get a random character saying a line. One of them is Junpei singing the full Junes tune unlike in P4A2 where he trails off. The P3 characters also seem to have their dorm greeting as one of the random voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Oookay, just found a battle with normal enemies that I think I'm going to have to completely change my party around for. It's via a quest, but it's 3 Phantom Mages, whose gimmick is to cast Wind Corrosion on the party (lowers wind resistance by 1 step) then spam Magarula nonstop. They're also faster than everyone in my party but Rei and Zen, who can't learn Wind Wall. So I have to find a high-level sub-persona with Wind Wall, level up a fast character, and have that character spam Wind Wall.

Seriously, Phantom Mages are insane. Even just one can be a TPK if there's also a Protective Lexy in the party, and two are dangerous on their own and lethal with a Lexy. Three is absurd, they do ~300 party-wide damage and stun everyone they don't kill on the first turn.

The worst thing is that it's a timed quest, so I can't even just skip it until later in the game. I have to beat it before going to the next floor.