Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ghostpilot posted:

I'm a little surprised that she did that with the way she'd been gunning for him. She could've got rid of both Jon and the idol.

As long as Jon is in the game, that's a big target that's not on her. In this season where everyone is blowing their load early, she's playing a long game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm

Deceptive posted:

That's because there are two couples left. Missy/Baylor and John/Jaclyn

I am an idiot.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghostpilot posted:

Not much choice in the matter: once Jon played his idol, either Keith or Wes was going home.
yeah but they could have kept the idol. Wasn't it Wes that had it in his bag? So Keith could have just taken the bullet and everyone would think the idol was gone

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sportsgenius86 posted:

Probably not since there's two

From the preview there might only be one soon :D. Just kidding, it's going to be total misdirection.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012

Ghostpilot posted:

Not much choice in the matter: once Jon played his idol, either Keith or Wes was going home.

Exactly, so why would they play the idol at all? All it does it make them lose even more. They also clearly never had a conversation ahead of time when they knew a probable vote split on them was coming. If they were going to play they idol in that situation it should have been at least to make sure the the one of them that comes out of it has the best chance of winning. But they clearly never had that conversation. They clearly don't understand the game at all and never made any real effort towards playing either.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Fast Luck posted:

yeah but they could have kept the idol. Wasn't it Wes that had it in his bag? So Keith could have just taken the bullet and everyone would think the idol was gone

Yeah, that's true. I suppose it's ultimately irrelevant anyway: as soon as Keith was gone, Wes would've attempted some half-assed revenge scheme that would've blown up in his face.

Deceptive posted:

Exactly, so why would they play the idol at all? All it does it make them lose even more. They also clearly never had a conversation ahead of time when they knew a probable vote split on them was coming. If they were going to play they idol in that situation it should have been at least to make sure the the one of them that comes out of it has the best chance of winning. But they clearly never had that conversation. They clearly don't understand the game at all and never made any real effort towards playing either.

Yeah, but that also assumes that everything else is equal. Even now, Keith's odds are better than Wes' ever were.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 27, 2014

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
The frustrating thing about Keith is that he doesn't seem stupid. Its that he seems willfully ignorant. He has made no visible effort to do anything about the game and today we even got a confessional where he says he pretty much says he isn't smart enough to figure out the game unlike Reed.

At least Wes never gets any screen time and when he does its just comic relief dumb guy stuff.

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeah, but that also assumes that everything else is equal. Even now, Keith's odds are better than Wes' ever were.

Like I said, their choice pretty clearly wasn't based on that seeing as they had no idea what they were doing with that idol once they pulled it out. I will give you that Keith does have a better chance though, if only as a Goat. He has a poor social game, he is no threat to win immunity, and he either isn't trying or is too dumb to do anything to put anyone in any danger.

Deceptive fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 27, 2014

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

From the preview there might only be one soon :D. Just kidding, it's going to be total misdirection.

The preview wasnt full of everyone in the majority alliance talking about sending Reed home for that move, which means he is obviously going home next week.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Cochran in in the know-it-all chatroom right now. I'm trying to get him over here. :)

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Can we please spoil preview discussion?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Reed playing Advanced Survivor with an alliance member who doesn't understand easy mode is hilariously tragic.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

At the beginning of this season, I criticized this board for always saying that every single move is the SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE EVER.

But this season has been particularly atrocious.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Narcissus1916 posted:

At the beginning of this season, I criticized this board for always saying that every single move is the SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE EVER.

But this season has been particularly atrocious.

But the move was smart. It was a member of the minor alliance mentiong that there was a plan to gently caress poo poo up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reed and Co. shouldn't have targeted Jon this week and should have set their sights on Jaclyn instead. They knew Jon had an idol, so I feel like the correct play would have been to try to get him to waste the idol while actually voting out his partner in the game. While Jon may be the bigger physical threat for idols, Jaclyn is just as dangerous and removing Jons sounding board would really would have knocked him for a loop.

On the other hand, Keith is pretty dumb for ruining a plan that probably would have worked if he hadn't stared right at Reed and said 'stick to the plan'.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
As soon as Reed said his whole misdirection spiel about Wes I knew the vote was gonna get hosed by either Keith or Wes saying something stupid in response, fuckin annoying. Then they all vote how it was supposed to go anyway and Nat gets John to play his idol after saying she wanted to get revenge and get rid of him all episode, even more annoying

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

savinhill posted:

As soon as Reed said his whole misdirection spiel about Wes I knew the vote was gonna get hosed by either Keith or Wes saying something stupid in response, fuckin annoying. Then they all vote how it was supposed to go anyway and Nat gets John to play his idol after saying she wanted to get revenge and get rid of him all episode, even more annoying

If Natalie lets Jon get voted off without the idol, then Wes/Keith/Alec/Reed have equal numbers to the people Natalie has been the closest with all game, and there's incentive for Baylor/Missy to team up with the only other pair left in the game. She was right when she said she needed to wait another round to make her move.

Anyway that immunity challenge + tribal council was hilarious and it's good that we finally have an answer to the question 'is Keith kind of an idiot savant at this game or just really dumb?'

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Natalie's "hey bro, play the idol" was great, entertaining and a good move for her.

I'm just tired of seeing Reed/Josh/Jeremy having their decently designed plans wrecked by sheer stupidity.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I never understand why people talk so much at tribal. I quite liked that episode, it was a funny tribal. I haven't been paying a lot of attention this season though.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

CODChimera posted:

I never understand why people talk so much at tribal. I quite liked that episode, it was a funny tribal. I haven't been paying a lot of attention this season though.

Jeff pretty much forces them to.

Genetic squares
Feb 17, 2009

It's all going square
I was impressed by alec managing to straight up lie to missy and jon's face and get away with it too bad Keith had to ruin it because that would have been a cool move by Reed & co.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
As dumb as Keith was, let's be clear than Jon, Missy and everyone are even dumber for trusting Reed and Alec. "Wow, the minority alliance wants to help us get rid of one of it's own members and also flush out it's idol, how generous of them!"

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
One of my favorite moments in awhile.. this was some good stuff.

Look at Reed's glare. I wish it had succeeded because it would have been an #actualblindside but I'm glad it didn't, because this was entertaining.

I can't believe that Natalie is my favorite person.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

xbilkis posted:

If Natalie lets Jon get voted off without the idol, then Wes/Keith/Alec/Reed have equal numbers to the people Natalie has been the closest with all game, and there's incentive for Baylor/Missy to team up with the only other pair left in the game. She was right when she said she needed to wait another round to make her move.

Anyway that immunity challenge + tribal council was hilarious and it's good that we finally have an answer to the question 'is Keith kind of an idiot savant at this game or just really dumb?'

Mainly I just want the goofy prick gone but he's probably gonna win now after surviving such a close call. Natalie wouldn't have gotten any hurt feelings if it happened last night either, she would've still had the three other women on her side and the game's biggest threat to win it all gone, instead of a non-entity like Wes. Chances are she won't get such an easy opportunity to get rid of John again, especially now that J&J won't be so overconfident and complacent.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 27, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awesome ep. A few good ones in a row. Post merge has been fun enough to help me forget the boring early game!

Jon's ultimate win seems inevitable now. It feels like its being telegraphed from all angles of the game. They managed to turn Jaclyn's uterus disease into a story about Jon which I think says a lot. Its weird, though. I don't think I'd mind if Jon won, he's consistently been having a lot of fun with the game and even had a good immediate reaction to Reed trying to pull one over on him. He respects the game so it'll be fine when he wins.

I still like Natalie but I just realized that her plan was to take out Reed, then betray Jon and ride an all-girl wave to final four. How does she expect that to have worked with Jaclyn immediately after betraying her boyfriend?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I still like Natalie but I just realized that her plan was to take out Reed, then betray Jon and ride an all-girl wave to final four. How does she expect that to have worked with Jaclyn immediately after betraying g her boyfriend(

If that really was her plan, then Natalie shouldn't have told Jon to play his idol and just reversed the order of things.

Also, has there ever been a season where the votes have been so chaotic? There hasn't been a single X to 1 vote the entire season, unless you count the revote during episode 2.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
I really loved Jeremy and Josh being best buds on the Jury. Otherwise every notable thought about this episode seems to be out there. At least Reed still has life and Natalie is awesome. I do think trusting Reed and Alec made some sense because 1. Reed was operating with them beginning last week, everyone thought he was just playing to move forward 2. Alec is dumb and easily manipulated, they all thought Reed had successfully divided Alec from Wes/Keith.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I think it showed a lot that the girls were basically laughing in Alec's face that he dared try to play against them at the vote. I think it's going to be a real bitter jury since very few people have any sense of how to play the game and will likely take it all personally.

Poque posted:

Awesome ep. A few good ones in a row. Post merge has been fun enough to help me forget the boring early game!

Jon's ultimate win seems inevitable now. It feels like its being telegraphed from all angles of the game. They managed to turn Jaclyn's uterus disease into a story about Jon which I think says a lot. Its weird, though. I don't think I'd mind if Jon won, he's consistently been having a lot of fun with the game and even had a good immediate reaction to Reed trying to pull one over on him. He respects the game so it'll be fine when he wins.

I still like Natalie but I just realized that her plan was to take out Reed, then betray Jon and ride an all-girl wave to final four. How does she expect that to have worked with Jaclyn immediately after betraying her boyfriend?
If anyone is getting the winner's edit it's Baylor. John is portrayed as a bumbling jock who relies on his girlfriend to succeed. Baylor is given every positive edit on the planet, except one brief comment about how she's lazy at camp.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 27, 2014

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
loving awesome episode. I'm really enjoying the hell out of this season. Too bad Jeremy is gone though, the immunity challenge felt empty without his complaining transitioning into commercial.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I hate how cocky the player have got with Jeff in challenges.

Also that was a fun tribal.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wes' final words were great. "Those wings were definitely not worth a million dollars, but you know... you gotta wing it sometimes. Take a risk. Gotta risk it to get the biscuit"?????

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

So what's the story with next week being a special 2 hour episode? Or did I mishear?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

elgarbo posted:

So what's the story with next week being a special 2 hour episode? Or did I mishear?

No, you heard right. No clue, though!

This season has had some pretty amusing tribals to make up for its lack of interesting players.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

elgarbo posted:

I dunno, either going to be 2 episodes rolled together or there's just gonna be so much crazy poo poo they made it a 2 hour episode?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's 2 episodes. They started this season a week later than previous fall seasons so there had to be a double week.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Wes' final words were great. "Those wings were definitely not worth a million dollars, but you know... you gotta wing it sometimes. Take a risk. Gotta risk it to get the biscuit"?????

They didn't show Wes on Exile Island at all. Probably because he's fished and hunted his entire life and unlike Jeremy complaining, he enjoyed it.
The odd thing about his parting words were that he didn't "risk it" and didn't appear to strategize at all.

TMMadman posted:

If that really was her plan, then Natalie shouldn't have told Jon to play his idol and just reversed the order of things.

Also, has there ever been a season where the votes have been so chaotic? There hasn't been a single X to 1 vote the entire season, unless you count the revote during episode 2.

Natalie has the only HII now so while her plan didn't work out exactly, she did gain from that tribal.

She needs to be careful because her twinnie wanted to create an all-girl alliance and got voted out, but as far as strategy goes, it's worth putting the idea forward. I was surprised that after the endurance challenge when Reid did the splits and smiled, she didn't immediately call him out as being the obvious biggest physical threat but maybe that will be done in private.

And it's too early to start complaining about bitter juries but I expect there to be a lot of campaigning at Ponderosa for whoever has a loved one in the Final 2 or 3.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Natalie is my fave on this cast - I haven't watched the Amazing Race but I get the impression that she and her twin are way more abrasive there? She also seems to have a pretty good path to the end.

With 8 remaining (Jon + Jaclyn, Missy + Baylor, Alec, Reed, Keith), she will likely grab the two couples to go to the Top 5. Jon owes her his game life, Missy is her main alliance, and Alec/Reed just got busted for shadiness, so that's an easy sell. Once she's in the Top 5, both couples will try to woo her for a Top 3 alliance - they're not going to team up against her, since a Top 4 with two couples doesn't leave a clear path to the end. And even if they didn't, she has an idol. And then if she's in the top 3 with two members of a couple, they won't have a loved on the jury and will likely take votes from each other.

My guess is Natalie/Missy/Baylor final 3 based on editing, which would probably have fun Bitter Juror implications.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's 2 episodes. They started this season a week later than previous fall seasons so there had to be a double week.

Much prefer this than those times they cram two full episodes into 1 hour. Hopefully this means interesting stuff is going on so its not just challenge, tribal, challenge, tribal

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Murmur Twin posted:

Natalie is my fave on this cast - I haven't watched the Amazing Race but I get the impression that she and her twin are way more abrasive there? She also seems to have a pretty good path to the end.
Very abrasive on The Amazing Race. Of course, it's not a popularity contest like Survivor is. They're just fierce competitors, and they'd yell and cheer each other in a way that is really annoying for other contestants. They compete to win.

You'd get sick of their yelling and root for them to lose (that was my watching experience, at leasT).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They're playing up the whole, "We can't have kids, we could really use the money to conceive our own child, my father has brain cancer" for Jon not to win at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Juanito posted:

Very abrasive on The Amazing Race. Of course, it's not a popularity contest like Survivor is. They're just fierce competitors, and they'd yell and cheer each other in a way that is really annoying for other contestants. They compete to win.

You'd get sick of their yelling and root for them to lose (that was my watching experience, at leasT).

The reason she was worse on the Amazing Race is because they are incredibly annoying when together with all their "TWINNNIEEEEE" bullshit. Because they were separated immediately in the first episode, Natalie hasn't been remotely as bad.

• Locked thread