Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

mabels big day posted:

They probably were some kid who was disappointed in his dragonite looked. Its hosed up but it happens.

That reminds me of the letters you find in Sea Mauville. "Hey Dad, the Shelgon you gave me evolved! I traded it to a friend for her Solrock. I liked it better when it was a Shelgon and looked like a meteorite."

I loved everything about Sea Mauville. Even the lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blaze Dragon posted:

Guys, you need to read this. It's ORAS related and hilarious in how loving stupid it is.

Pokemon is killing Nintendo. Sure.

So their second-biggest franchise of all time is killing them? Because the only reason people aren't constantly buying every other franchise for home consoles is because Pokemon is just to distracting? Sure buddy, you keep telling yourself that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Geostomp posted:

So their second-biggest franchise of all time is killing them? Because the only reason people aren't constantly buying every other franchise for home consoles is because Pokemon is just to distracting? Sure buddy, you keep telling yourself that.

No, it says that Nintendo will eventually go bankrupt and make games for the iPad, but raking in cash hand over fist is blinding them to that reality

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oddium posted:

No, it says that Nintendo will eventually go bankrupt and make games for the iPad, but raking in cash hand over fist is blinding them to that reality

They also suggest that Nintendo should turn Animal Crossing into a microtransaction-laden freemium game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[gestures to TED Talk crowd] "Whom amongst us would not pay a paltry 1.99 a month for new Advance Wars maps ??"

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Guys, you need to read this. It's ORAS related and hilarious in how loving stupid it is.

I think the author might be the same goon who once said this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
gently caress you, Heatran, stay in the goddamn ball. :argh:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Nintendo is so successful that it's blinding them to the fact that they're not actually successful!"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pentaro posted:

I think the author might be the same goon who once said this.

Actually the Author is @teroterotero, Managing Director at Magid Associates, Advisor for Next Games and Small Giant, Strategist at Primesmith.

Next Games is a cell phone game company.

"N-No Ninendo pulling profits is bad because they need to be making mobile games. No this has nothing to do with my vested interest in mobile games not being a hilariously parasitic bubble that will burst to nothing eventually."

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Been wonder trading a huge variety of Mons all day. Whenever I get a Ralts or Poochyena or anything beginner or anything with a Japanese nickname, I release it. It feels good. Purify the wonder trade pool! :science:

e: also Zigzagoons. gently caress there are a lot of them coming through.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 27, 2014

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Mario Kart is precisely the kind of rally game that fits the tablet format. Sure, because nothing says tablet-ready like complicated multi-button + directional input.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

rip

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I'll finally get my copy of OR tomorrow and don't want to use any of the usual starters, any suggestions for an alternate?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

CherryCat posted:

I'll finally get my copy of OR tomorrow and don't want to use any of the usual starters, any suggestions for an alternate?

Shiny Beldum from Mystery Gift.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Shiny Beldum from Mystery Gift.

Can you nickname it?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CherryCat posted:

Can you nickname it?

No.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Finally decided to get myself a catcher pokemon, went back to pokemon X, bred up a shroomish real quick and got a 6 IV Adamant one on the first shot, technician... with no bullet seed. >.>

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Phoebe's room is haunted!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Night Blade posted:

Finally decided to get myself a catcher pokemon, went back to pokemon X, bred up a shroomish real quick and got a 6 IV Adamant one on the first shot, technician... with no bullet seed. >.>

Ouch man, that's rough. At least you now have a 6IV stud to breed from?

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Night Blade posted:

I remember early game Gen 3 having a bullet seed TM I always used on a shroomish?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Arbitrary Coin posted:

I remember early game Gen 3 having a bullet seed TM I always used on a shroomish?

Too bad it was removed from the TM list right after being converted to one of the relatively rare physical Grass moves, getting a power-up, TMs were made re-usable, and Breloom received an ability that makes the move devastating it its hands. Now all you can do is breed for it.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Rough Lobster posted:

Been wonder trading a huge variety of Mons all day. Whenever I get a Ralts or Poochyena or anything beginner or anything with a Japanese nickname

Why? You get dex entries for foreign language Pokemon. I also have a bunch of IV/egg move breeding studs Japanese players dumped on WT as rejects.

I'm kinda reminded of the weird requests on GTS for "NO JPN NAME" because you can't nickname anything you traded for anyway

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Nessa posted:

How do you set which pokemon are in your own team? Is it just the pokemon you have in your party at the time, or do you need another base item to do that?

It's always the first three pokemon in your team. So when connecting to Global Link/getting a scan, make sure you have the 3 pokemon you want out in front. I'm not sure how it determines your pokemons levels to other people when level release isn't used.

By the way, did you have me on your team before giving out that scan? Because if so, you can't fight your own pokemon teams via secret bases.

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 27, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Maybe they just want a poke who's name they can read.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If you can't read katakana then there's no hope for you anyway

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh man, I'm so excited to see Fortree City and Mt. Pyre. Hoenn was my favorite region in any of the Generations (Black had a good one too though) and I really liked how neatly divided up it was--the volcanic north, the rainy east, and then the depths of the ocean...

I loved Gen. 3. I beat each of the games and Emerald at least twice.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Can anyone tell me if you can knock out groudon and then still reset for good IVs later after the elite 4? Or are his stats and nature locked in the first time.

I asked before, but no one answered and now I'm concerned I might need to fight him soon.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 27, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Can anyone tell me if you can knock out groudon and then still reset for good IVs later after the elite 4? Or are his stats and nature pocked in the first time.

I asked before, but no one answered and now I'm concerned I might need to fight him soon.

I'm pretty sure that the stats are generated at the first battle, so you'll have to reset before your first attempt.

Edit: Well, shows what I know.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 27, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Ignite Memories posted:

Can anyone tell me if you can knock out groudon and then still reset for good IVs later after the elite 4? Or are his stats and nature pocked in the first time.

You can definitely reset for natures when you rematch it after the E4 so I'm assuming IVs are recalculated too.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
So, I started hunting down the Regis today. Caught Regirock in only 2 pokeballs. :smuggo:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That is... actually mildly creepy. GG, GameFreak.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

CherryCat posted:

Spheal!

Geostomp posted:

Too bad it was removed from the TM list right after being converted to one of the relatively rare physical Grass moves, getting a power-up, TMs were made re-usable, and Breloom received an ability that makes the move devastating it its hands. Now all you can do is breed for it.

Well you also have the ability to Dex Nav for it now.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I knew I saw something appear in her chair for a split second during her intro.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

CherryCat posted:

Grab a Ralts from the grass just before Petalberg.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Where's the Name Rater? I got a male Ralts but forgot I was going to name it Ed Wood :negative:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SirPhoebos posted:

Where's the Name Rater? I got a male Ralts but forgot I was going to name it Ed Wood :negative:

Slateport, on the west side above the market.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Slateport

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When and where can I find kyogre after defeating it the first time?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

RC Cola posted:

When and where can I find kyogre after defeating it the first time?

After the E4, same place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's been a hot minute since I played Gen II, what's the consensus on the best starter?

• Locked thread