Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

BOYS qualified for platinum division.

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Spoon Man posted:

BOYS qualified for anal reaming.

rip

Maybe we'll get lucky with kids around the holidays?

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007
What determined our division? Did anyone ever figure out why we were being placed in the high divisions for ghosts? I remember there was a thought it was based on clan roster size.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yesterday the game put me in a round of HCTDM against a full clan of 6, and it just started the match without me having any teammates. 6 on 1. Matchmaking is pretty busted sometimes.

So what I did was I'd pop out of my spawn, kill one, then jump off a cliff. That way, they'd come look for me and I'd already be somewhere else without giving them a point. Rinse and repeat. I could hear them screaming over the killcam rage mics, it was very funny.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
I've been in a few matches that had like 10 on 2 or 9 on 3. Not sure how it happens, but its boring as gently caress tying to chase down 2-3 guys, especially when the game thinks its a full lobby and never balances.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Pheel posted:

What determined our division? Did anyone ever figure out why we were being placed in the high divisions for ghosts? I remember there was a thought it was based on clan roster size.

I'm sure that W/L ratio is the biggest (only?) factor because they aren't smart enough to come up with anything more sophisticated.

We get put in Plat because almost all of us that play don't bother when there aren't any other BOYS online to play with and that results in us winning 99% of our games against lovely pubbies.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLK_pzV9198

Never thought I'd get this

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Spoon Man posted:

rip

The rippin and the tearin, the rippin and the tearin.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I just got this game yesterday and what the gently caress is wrong with the spawns? No matter which mode I play, you can't hold ground because the spawns are just random. What's been cleared in the last 5 seconds becomes deep enemy territory. Oh you just captured that point? Someone spawned behind you and killed you.

I haven't even tried TDM yet.

It's my first COD and this was the first thing I noticed as well. It's about the only real fault I can come up with, and I'd like to think it's because the maps are just too tiny for the 18 player matches. Those should maybe be using maps a third or double the size.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

lovely spawns are a large part of why a lot of us play Dom. Once you know the maps, you learn where the spawn boundaries are. Take A and B or B and C, and stay out of the territory of the third point, and they'll keep spawning anchored around that point. It's only when you (me) push too far that they flip and people spawn behind you.

This is almost the exact same situation as when I got mine.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Spoon Man posted:

rip

Man, how dead is this game? We didn't play very much at all.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Best part is when you're trying to get this, is to add the trap function to it. Sure, you missed dropping it on them, but afterward.. :haw:

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
So apparently strafe kills aren't necessary for the camo challenges on ARs? I just got diamond camo on my BAL even though I still need like 20 strafe kills for that camo.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I've been playing around with a Ground War build for getting a steady stream of Bombing Runs, it's not amazing but it can be a lot of fun when it works

Primary Weapon: Anything though usually something reliable with mid to long range capability. In the video I'm using Ameli - Crafty with Quick Draw and Thermal but honestly typical BAL or AK12 or whatever will probably work better
Secondary: I like Stinger M7 for taking down enemy UAVs for extra points but this is optional
Perks: Low Profile to avoid getting picked off while hiding away, Cold Blooded for the same reason, Hardline to make the Scorestreaks cycle faster. Sometimes I'll cram in Toughness if I skimp on my primary weapon attachments or launcher
Exo: None since this build usually keeps you away from the action
Scorestreaks: Recon Drone, UAV with Assist and Duration, System Hack with Assist, Bombing Run

Get a couple of kills/objectives done till you have Recon Drone or UAV, then find a quiet low traffic area to hide out- most maps usually have at least one spot where people aren't going to bother to look. Use the drone to get spotter points and if you have good aim clock a couple dudes in the face for assist points. Pop UAV when it's ready, continue to hide out until your teammates build you up to a System Hack and then pop that. Generally the UAV will stay up for the duration of the System Hack so you'll be getting 30 points per teammate's kill. This will get you to the Bombing Run, and most of the time between the Bombing Run and your teammates getting kills you'll get built back up to the Recon Drone where you can run the whole cycle again. My best run of this so far has been on Ground War Domination where I got seven or eight bombing runs in one match

I like it for Ground War since the number of people will work in favor of the UAV/System Hack bumps, and sitting away from the action in a 9v9 is less detrimental to your team than sitting away in a 6v6. It kind of falls apart if the other team has a lot of people running Cold Blooded or they're bothering to shoot down UAVs though that doesn't happen often in pub matches. This is a nice build if you suck at first person shooters like I do since you only have to shoot like two or three dudes before you can hang out somewhere and drink coffee and play around on an iPad while everyone else does the heavy lifting

Here's a video where it worked pretty nicely, maybe someone better/smarter than me can make this work without having to rely on the points from Recon Drone and really melt faces with a second damaging scorestreak in its place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVsHfHTUZ6U

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

DJCobol posted:

So apparently strafe kills aren't necessary for the camo challenges on ARs? I just got diamond camo on my BAL even though I still need like 20 strafe kills for that camo.

When you prestige and do something to trigger one of the challenges you've already completed, it dings and gives you experience, and then counts toward diamond. So if you completed six camo challenges, prestiged, and then killed someone without attachments after already having that challenge, it's counted twice and now you're 7/7.

Makes a lot of sense. But I was able to get Royalty on assault rifles even though I never really used the MK14 at all.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Anyone up for games on the 360? GT is Swish Jones

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hackan Slash posted:

Man, how dead is this game? We didn't play very much at all.
This is why I laughed at the "people still play Destiny?" comments here. The Destiny thread is 1000x more active than this one

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Boy can't wait to do the same raid for the 100th time at a higher difficulty

Farcry and dragon age just came out chills

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Grinding against dumb bots for months on end, or playing against human beings at 60fps... decisions, decisions.

Give me CoD any day, even with the bullshit.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Pretty_Llama posted:

Remind me never to get in a foxhole with Jack - he runs at the first sign of danger. We were in the middle of a back and forth round capping A when the enemy called in a Vulcan - the coward jumps off the point with one tick left to let me get cooked. You are on team XxXsnIpezX 2.0 probation.

That was a solid win - we all went something like 10-25 and somehow pulled it out. Some guy on the other team went 43-3 with 10 caps. It was good to have a crew that was willing to put up with a round like that and not jump ship because we weren't up 150-10.

If only we'd been playing hardcore, I could have teamkilled you and spared you the indignity of getting hit by the vulcan.

I thought I had timed my jump away just right so that we'd get the cap and I'd avoid the blast, but alas. Your reaction was well worth it, though, because it never crossed your mind that it had been me.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

limited posted:

Best part is when you're trying to get this, is to add the trap function to it. Sure, you missed dropping it on them, but afterward.. :haw:

The fact that the trap function works even after claiming the care package makes it even more hilarious when you forget about it mid-match.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I had a guy with flak jacket survive one going off... in hardcore. Otherwise yeah, they almost always get me kills. Trap 4 lyfe

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Nighthand posted:

I had a guy with flak jacket survive one going off... in hardcore.

FJ usually scales to HC.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Great job PS4 team for Platinum Division placement!
:psyduck: how did this happen?!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I've got an uncle who works at Activision...

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The Machinima Man posted:

When you prestige and do something to trigger one of the challenges you've already completed, it dings and gives you experience, and then counts toward diamond. So if you completed six camo challenges, prestiged, and then killed someone without attachments after already having that challenge, it's counted twice and now you're 7/7.

Makes a lot of sense. But I was able to get Royalty on assault rifles even though I never really used the MK14 at all.

Oh THIS is how I got diamond on the BAL.

I do love you, COD.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Thing I want in the next patch: team mates are not allowed to pick up your trapped packages if you've already picked it up.

I can't even tell you how many times stupid pubs have picked up the package I just picked up in front of them.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Roman posted:

This is why I laughed at the "people still play Destiny?" comments here. The Destiny thread is 1000x more active than this one

COD is like that abusive ugly gf you cheat on first chance you get for the 7s and 8s but eventually fall back to because the pussy game ridiculous

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I don't believe these are true but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Also getting screenshots from my PS4 to here confuses and scares me.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Well for starters the tac-19 challenge has a picture of a bulldog so I am assuming fake.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Double XP is going on right now till Monday.

https://twitter.com/SHGames/status/538378224104116224

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

coyo7e posted:

Well for starters the tac-19 challenge has a picture of a bulldog so I am assuming fake.

Probably their generic shotgun badge or whatever.

Good.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I rented an Xbone copy. Looking forward to playing this with my fellow Xboners tonight.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'll be on around 10 central tonight milly

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I will most likely be on the bone to poopsock in the next couple of hours.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's great, but the disc is scratched and it won't install.

Redbox! :argh:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
For all none of you that were curious, even with +2 damage, the EPM3 is a minimum 3 hit kill (i.e. garbage). I felt like the 300 kill variant sucked less, but it's still not worth it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

coyo7e posted:

It's just the icon they use for all the shotguns.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

JackGeneric posted:

For all none of you that were curious, even with +2 damage, the EPM3 is a minimum 3 hit kill (i.e. garbage). I felt like the 300 kill variant sucked less, but it's still not worth it.

I really wonder what happened during development with that thing

Slow ads, gives away your position, low damage, short range, makes you run slow, overheats immediately if you lay on the trigger, actively blinds you and gives you a headache

It might as well plant a middle finger in the middle of the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

pretty soft girl posted:

I really wonder what happened during development with that thing

Slow ads, gives away your position, low damage, short range, makes you run slow, overheats immediately if you lay on the trigger, actively blinds you and gives you a headache

It might as well plant a middle finger in the middle of the screen

It's the Lynx and the Mk14 too. All of the semi-autos feel really crappy, like the designers were afraid of making them too good or forgot that this is the game where people can just spontaneously dash in any direction.

• Locked thread