Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

I like Ascent, Defender, Detroit, Instinct, and Comeback. The only ones I outright dislike are Greenband and Recovery. The rest I'm indifferent to.

I actually like Recovery, it's easier to get streaks because the flags shift halfway through the round and you can get extra capture points. Plus no one can hide from Bombing Run :getin:

Tuesday morning pubbies were especially awful. And I learned that the Warbird wrecks people even better in Hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
turn every gun into the smr

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

turn every gun into the smr

The rate of fire is too slow for my trigger fingers.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

Turn the MK.14 in to the fal and turn the EPM3 into the Blops 2 SMR.

That's all I want.

The epm3 just might be the worse gun in the entire franchise history

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mnoba posted:

The epm3 just might be the worst gun in the entire franchise history

I try to like every weapon, I really do, but this is pretty much a true statement. I'm grinding out 300 kills to see if the variant with +2 damage can redeem it, and this is hell. I'm just barely making the top 6 every game.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I really wish they had included select fire as an attachment, given how many guns are semiauto or burst fire.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I'm having a hard time finding a gun that isn't as fun as the Atlas 20mm.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

versus posted:

I'm having a hard time finding a gun that isn't as fun as the Atlas 20mm.

How do you find the long ADS time? Do you only use it for certain maps?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Gordon Shumway posted:

I actually like Recovery, it's easier to get streaks because the flags shift halfway through the round and you can get extra capture points. Plus no one can hide from Bombing Run :getin:

Tuesday morning pubbies were especially awful. And I learned that the Warbird wrecks people even better in Hardcore.

If I have bombing run ready to go before the second half flag switch i will wait and risk losing my paladin purely because dropping a bombing run on second half recovery is just a massacre. It's loving cruel.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
So, those were some infuriating games last night, huh? This game is super fun WHEN IT WORKS. It just seems we can't get a long streak of good connection games because it gives a group of rando pubbies god connection.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Remind me never to get in a foxhole with Jack - he runs at the first sign of danger. We were in the middle of a back and forth round capping A when the enemy called in a Vulcan - the coward jumps off the point with one tick left to let me get cooked. You are on team XxXsnIpezX 2.0 probation.

That was a solid win - we all went something like 10-25 and somehow pulled it out. Some guy on the other team went 43-3 with 10 caps. It was good to have a crew that was willing to put up with a round like that and not jump ship because we weren't up 150-10.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

So, those were some infuriating games last night, huh? This game is super fun WHEN IT WORKS. It just seems we can't get a long streak of good connection games because it gives a group of rando pubbies god connection.

The matchmaking in this game is busted. I played 5 games after I got home from work last night (first time since Sunday) and it was the worst its ever been. I could only kill people consistently when they weren't looking at me.

The last game was the worst. The game decided to put two clans together on one team. Having one friend on my team suddenly means I can take on two clans at once? The connection was unbearable. I was using a rapid fire KF5 and just kept getting melted by Bals.

Skill-based matchmaking is pointless when you can't see player stats, anyway.

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007
Have there been any afternoon groups going? This time of year means a lot of work from home days for me, which means a lot of COD. Haven't seen many on the past few days, please don't tell me this one died already.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

New dragon age and far cry but everyone is still pretty active

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Whenever Advanced Warfare hardlocks when loading a match it automatically boots up Dragon Age, it's weird. :iiam:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The hardlocks towards the end of a domination match where you're doing good and winning are really annoying

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Yeah, with all the releases and sales things will get a little sporadic - but people are still playing. I was in two different groups last night playing Dom on Riot about 50 times.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did we all forget the fun x-mas newbs?

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Pheel posted:

Have there been any afternoon groups going? This time of year means a lot of work from home days for me, which means a lot of COD. Haven't seen many on the past few days, please don't tell me this one died already.

I generally get on for a couple from like 12-3 ish central time.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Christoff posted:

But that's a month away. :(

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Mister Macys posted:

How do you find the long ADS time? Do you only use it for certain maps?

I'm not sure how long the ADS time is, but it doesn't feel that long. I really want the elite variant that supposedly has faster ADS time. I think it's usable on every map, but I use it less on maps like Detroit and Terrace.

Christoff posted:

I did. Oh my god.

e: I've been trying out the explosive sniper with Danger Close, and it's pretty funny.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
good games guys, had to jump off to do some work poo poo.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
If you're playing on a bad map and want to pass the time, It's pretty entertaining asking Belt the difference between ecstasy and MDMA.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That or getting him and Hypnotoad in the same room.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
wheres cajun when you need him

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

Remind me never to get in a foxhole with Jack - he runs at the first sign of danger. We were in the middle of a back and forth round capping A when the enemy called in a Vulcan - the coward jumps off the point with one tick left to let me get cooked. You are on team XxXsnIpezX 2.0 probation.

That was a solid win - we all went something like 10-25 and somehow pulled it out. Some guy on the other team went 43-3 with 10 caps. It was good to have a crew that was willing to put up with a round like that and not jump ship because we weren't up 150-10.

Way to go Jack.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Why does this game insist on giving me endless piles of the worst amr9 and mk14 variants imaginable

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I am going to run around in hardcore with bright pink/orange XMGs until someone invites me. DO WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE WHAT YOU WILL.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
And the AW service just took a poo poo. Hooray, I didn't want to play tonight anyways!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Appears to be working again. Everyone come back.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Great job PS4 team for Platinum Division placement!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Great job PS4 team for Platinum Division placement!

You can thank my shotgun skills later :colbert:

Meanwhile the chat is still loving broken for me.

Crevasse
Aug 31, 2006
Insomnia one cup at a time

PerrineClostermann posted:

You can thank my shotgun skills later :colbert:

Either that or my 10-35 HC Dom games with lasers :science:

So the whole clan wars should start up within the next week or two huh?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Mister Macys posted:

I will be the first to admit I keep trying to aim, even though the recoil is loving terrible on my Pwner. :downsgun:
The sperg in me:
BEAMS OF LIGHT SHOULDNT HAVE RECOIL
:goonsay:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No, you see it has an electric motor in it, and the vibrations from it's high speed rotatio-arsgdirfchdldbjv:suicide:

F.E.A.R. still has the best laser.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 27, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I just got this game yesterday and what the gently caress is wrong with the spawns? No matter which mode I play, you can't hold ground because the spawns are just random. What's been cleared in the last 5 seconds becomes deep enemy territory. Oh you just captured that point? Someone spawned behind you and killed you.

I haven't even tried TDM yet.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Anidav posted:

I just got this game yesterday and what the gently caress is wrong with the spawns? No matter which mode I play, you can't hold ground because the spawns are just random. What's been cleared in the last 5 seconds becomes deep enemy territory. Oh you just captured that point? Someone spawned behind you and killed you.

Is this post specific to AW because it sounds damned well like just about every other Call of Duty I've played in the past 10 years or so.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I decided to use the H-whatever assault rifle and run around instead of using my kf5.

sliding whilst shooting rating: 5/5. Much more fun than kf5 sliding and shooting, feels great.

Anidav posted:

As with any COD game, the smart thing to do upon spawning is to spin 360 degrees whilst hip firing. Only then should you move from your spawn spot. Due to the sniper cross-hairs that will be trained on you, hip fire in a wave formation to catch people who are higher up than you.

E: And then get hit by a missile strike/Paladin.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 27, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I also don't get how you could run with anything besides an automatic weapon. No one is using anything else. There's shotguns and sniper rifles but what's the point of trying to be sneaky when people just put a sight which highlights you in red like a sitting duck anyway. As if any of the maps are big enough to snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am bad at this game. My k/d, w/l, and spm have been plummeting since I stopped playing ffa.

• Locked thread