Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So this contest is basically operating on Utena rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Does that make the Dream Oracle Akio?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Everything about this latest one is great

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Mister R keeps looking like a disguise for Rosemaster. Like she's using her old Thornmaster appearance as a bunny disguise.
I'm pretty sure that she'd be taking over an existing identity here, you don't get to be a famous fashion designer who's got all this power by showing up a few weeks ago when Cordelia and Peridot assembled the Disaster Stones.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Mr. R is clearly Brambleby, I'd bet that Saturday is one of his assistants and everything. It's so obvious!

..I'm waiting for the revelation that I'm completely wrong when the two of them appear for a completely unrelated reason right at the end of the chapter. :saddowns:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Zereth posted:

I'm pretty sure that she'd be taking over an existing identity here, you don't get to be a famous fashion designer who's got all this power by showing up a few weeks ago when Cordelia and Peridot assembled the Disaster Stones.

Yeah! And you can't make someone disappear from memory just by kidnapping them!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eh, I don't know. The chapter's flow really doesn't feel like the dude's a disguised Rosemaster. The chapter's storyboarding would be all kinds of disjointed if that was the case.

Superstring posted:

Do it Cuco. Go for the gold!

Get in the dress, Cuco

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Almond is, as expected, too eager to beat the poo poo out of Cuco.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
So if the contestants are after that gold trophy (which appears to be ancient treasure) in the ruins, what's the betting that Saturday's going to crash the party to steal it herself, Mr. R is going to like her spunk and make her a contestant, and she ends up being the princess like we were speculating before the chapter started?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Kickstarter is $10,000 up from last year and there are 11 days left to go. It's probably still too much to hope it'll hit the $100,000 stretch goal, but I can dream.

Also new update or whatever

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosemaster you're not exactly wearing the most reassuring expression there

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Can't blame the little guy. It's very hard to keep your eye on someone when they're completely obscured by the rest of your head.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Can Rosemaster just join up with the Heroes? :smith:

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Reminder that she would have killed Nautilus if Caboodle hadn't rescued her.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

The Kickstarter is $10,000 up from last year and there are 11 days left to go. It's probably still too much to hope it'll hit the $100,000 stretch goal, but I can dream.

7 days left and just under $10k to go. It miiiight happen.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh wow, 90k for the kickstarter :stare:

I mean, yeah, I know that kickstarter pledge totals don't look anything like the profit the person running it pulls at the end after all's said and done but that's still a respectable chunk of support, drat.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I'm assuming there's some money left once it's all said and done to support more time on CC and less on freelance work in line with the stretch goals. Gigi's been through this a few times, and I assume she's sharp enough to ensure that there's headroom after fees, taxes, production and shipping costs, etc (sadly many Kickstarter projects horribly horribly mis-budget things or set up situations where the more money they raise, the more in the hole they are...)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The last day of a kickstarter tends to get a final spike, so I can believe 100k is on the agenda.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

And there we go, with three days to spare. 4 updates/week for the first half and 3 updates/week for the second half is going to make 2015 a pretty cucumberquestacular year.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Quinton posted:

And there we go, with three days to spare. 4 updates/week for the first half and 3 updates/week for the second half is going to make 2015 a pretty cucumberquestacular year.

At least three, so we can hope for a couple weeks where we get an extra thrown in. Either way, gettin hype for the next two chapters

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm glad Gigi got paid. I hope she did her research first to make sure she wouldn't lose money on the goodies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well this is her third successful Kickstarter, so I'm pretty sure she's got it covered by now.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Do you Gigi, Smash Bros, and fashion? Well, here is the nexus of all of these things.

Super Style Brother

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whenever Commander Caboodle speaks, now I hear him as John DiMaggio's Captain Laserbeam from Thrilling Adventure Hour.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
I'm wondering if Caboodle will be next to join the team. It must be lonely for Carrot being the only adult.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Caboodle's looking simply fabulous :3:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I appreciate how he went to the trouble of finding and donning matching accessories in the dark instead of whipping on pants and a top and calling that good. A real class act, that Caboodle.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
He's gonna be in Cucumber dressed, right?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't go all Rope Snake on us, Liquus.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Is the flower that Nautilus is watching the one that Rosemaster was showing the Nightmare Knight at the beginning of the chapter?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder why nightmare knight and forge are the crossover crack ship for paranatural and cucumber quest? bacon and the burger child are clearly superior

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i wonder why nightmare knight and forge are the crossover crack ship for paranatural and cucumber quest? bacon and the burger child are clearly superior

Ew, Bacon is an adult. Technically. I think.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Tollymain posted:

Lord Cabbage/Mr. Starchman otp

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Link for posterity!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-553/

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
"Almond 2"...

At this rate I'm not even surprised.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
The spell being cast is beyond perfect.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
More importantly, the Goth's magic spell is Evanescence. :allears:

Edit: Beat, kinda.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Link to the new page:
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-554/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:saddowns: Nooooo! Dahlia! God night sweet goth Prince(ss)...