Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrWorm
Apr 22, 2003

They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning. How are you? I’m Dr. Worm.
Got my book! Sketch request was for Pasqualo's mom and dad in happier times.

Well, "happiness" is such a subjective term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

DrWorm posted:

Well, "happiness" is such a subjective term.

Uhh, he has a flying robot for booze and a spatula robot for bacon and eggs. What more could any man ask for?
I'm assuming the only reason those happier times didn't last is because Pasqualo somehow hosed things up when he was born and ruined the robots.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
He kind of looks like he's got a smile, which would be good if he wasn't an evil bastard.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm assuming the only reason those happier times didn't last is because Pasqualo somehow hosed things up when he was born and ruined the robots.

Pasqualo hosed up so hard he broke the fourth wall and hosed up the printer.

DrWorm
Apr 22, 2003

They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning. How are you? I’m Dr. Worm.
Yeah I like to think they had a "friendly" competition between them that Pasqualo's birth ruined somehow. And even if it wasn't Pasqualo's fault his dad would blame him anyway.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
im getting a pretty sweet captain beefheart vibe off pasq's dad with the longer hair

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Pasq's mom definitely knows all about how babies work.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cat Mattress posted:

Pasq's mom definitely knows all about how babies work.

"This baby doesn't do anything but eat and poop! It can't even appreciate the subtle nuances of Fist of the North Star! I'm outta here"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrWorm posted:

Yeah I like to think they had a "friendly" competition between them that Pasqualo's birth ruined somehow. And even if it wasn't Pasqualo's fault his dad would blame him anyway.

Pasqualo's mom left because he wasn't smart. She wanted a genius kid to help her with her science poo poo, and Pas (bless his dumb anime loving heart) isn't a genius at all. His dad was probably indifferent about the whole affair from start to finish.

Pas has terrible parents, that's what I'm trying to say here.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Cheat codes are fun, though.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Aurora, activate DK mode.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mr. Jones is amazing. So is everybody. Except Peeplops, gently caress that guy.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I'm with Ally on this one. Some things need to be ended by your own hands.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so I guess Aurora frowns now? odd how just her facial expression is pretty loving unsettling to the mood

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

A big flaming stink posted:

so I guess Aurora frowns now? odd how just her facial expression is pretty loving unsettling to the mood

She wasn't smiling because she had to, she was always smiling because she didn't know how to frown.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

On the recommendation of the OP, I went in blind, started on page 1, and kept on trucking until a dumpster full of plot fell out of the sky on page 100. After the shock I continued, and just finished reading up to the current page, and this sprung to mind:

Anyone else get some serious Shin Megami Tensei 3 vibes from this? Pale, student protagonist with blue glowy lines on his body and strange powers finds himself a messianic figure of the apocalypse, and travels this strange new world finding old friends and strange new monster buddies? He even has strange relationships with God and Lucifer.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 29, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Nah, not really. I think it's just a goofy comic about post-apocalypse tweens. It's good, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It won't really be a SMT comic until a giant penis in a chariot appears

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Oh, you know it's gotta happen. And Ally is going to think it's the most loving awesome thing ever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Well now I've gotta go play this SMT game...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TwoPair posted:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

TwoPair posted:

You'll dig it. There's rear end in a top hat ghosts, hair-demons, bondage angels and plenty more weirdness besides.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

TwoPair posted:

They're the kinda games Pasq would play. They're unapologetically anime as gently caress, with waifus and penis trains and stuff.

The most popular spinoff series is structured as a dating sim/life sim but with dungeons.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Chronojam posted:

Mr. Jones is amazing. So is everybody. Except Peeplops, gently caress that guy.

He's the best chicken fetcher in the world, gently caress you :mad:

A big flaming stink posted:

According to a podcast, Gob says that this is exactly what he intended; Aurora is based on someone he knew who was always smiling, and when she wasn't smiling, it was like something horribly wrong had happened.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebSxF0rr5I

DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD

(Pasq's dad rules)

PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

DAD DAD DAD DAD

(disappoint his prejudiced rear end)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebSxF0rr5I

DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD

(Pasq's dad rules)

PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

DAD DAD DAD DAD

(disappoint his prejudiced rear end)

Haha I just saw that a few seconds ago. Really good!

Leroy Dennui posted:

He's the best chicken fetcher in the world, gently caress you :mad:

According to a podcast, Gob says that this is exactly what he intended; Aurora is based on someone he knew who was always smiling, and when she wasn't smiling, it was like something horribly wrong had happened.

It really makes for a more powerful scene, like when you see her cry for the first time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It kinda reminds me of the Thermians in Galaxy Quest, who are constantly smiling even when they're talking about how their race has been genocided or whatever, presumably because they don't know how to do any other kind of human expression. Lends a certain kind of poignancy to it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:3:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
You know that it's building up to something good with the flashbacks.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

Oh poo poo, this can't possibly telegraph its punches any harder and that's not going to make it hurt less, one little bit. :smith:

Tubsy's gonna scare Pasq one more time, only this time the monsters are real, they were real all along :smithicide:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I am kinda blown away by how much I care about these characters now. My first impression was that this was some amateur south park knockoff trying too hard to be edgy. Now we've got a real story arc dripping with pathos and badass post-apocalyptic monster friend protagonists who are still totally just scared children, clinging to each other in the darkness.

Pleasant webcomic surprise of the year 2014.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dominic White posted:

I am kinda blown away by how much I care about these characters now. My first impression was that this was some amateur south park knockoff trying too hard to be edgy. Now we've got a real story arc dripping with pathos and badass post-apocalyptic monster friend protagonists who are still totally just scared children, clinging to each other in the darkness.

This is one of those comics you introduce to people and they think you're messing with them, but then they get sucked in.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's got just the right mixture of elements that hit those spots to make it endearing and memorable. I kinda hoped my sister would like it but she only got to page 30 before sort of losing interest. Ahhh if only she kept at it!

God I hope the reveal will be something nice, and not tragic :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dominic White posted:

It's a wacky hijinks type comic except the wacky hijinks are for keeps and dead people stay dead.

Except when they don't, and the main character can literally regrow from scraps. And yet it is still pretty suspenseful and also still pretty tragic, because yeah, they are still just a bunch of scared kids.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Wicker Man posted:

Favorite one in a while. This speaks to me, especially The Rock part.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The middle school has a basement with pool and on Xbox?

Pretty loving swank. Must be for teachers.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's Ally's Basement, Part 1.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Gob did say we might one day see Tubsy in flashback comics. Good to see the rascal.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Shadeoses posted:

That's Ally's Basement, Part 1.

These aren't mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

Favorite one in a while. This speaks to me, especially The Rock part.

This makes me wonder if I've missed many background gags now.

• Locked thread