Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

ManMythLegend posted:

Speaking of Star Wars Tales, I think this is a good time to mention Apocalypse Endor.

this is the first good thing I've seen in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

down with slavery posted:

this is the first good thing I've seen in this thread

You still butthurt over teddy bears beinging your kids movie nerd?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

The wedding doesn't immediately ring a bell, but Fett's more or less the star of a complete trilogy about the bounty hunters guild, with Bossk the lizardman from ESB being one of his (largely braindead) adversaries, and it's all dreadful.

Oh poo poo I was remembering that wrong. He said IG-88 was in Bossk's wedding not Boba Fett.

Even if it's not true I choose to believe because :lol: . I hope it's true though.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
After reading the Star Wars wiki I am struck by the fact that so many of the biggest baddest battlecruisers the Empire made were taken down by one or two special snowflakes in B-Wings or some poo poo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Happy life day everyone

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Damned canteena owners pushing life day farther and farther back every year

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

didnt they have a thing where some guy made a giant like lightsaber in space that was 100x better than the death star?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

didnt they have a thing where some guy made a giant like lightsaber in space that was 100x better than the death star?

The Sun Crusher? That wasn't a light saber but it was a really stupid Mary Sue ship.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Darksaber was a floating death star cannon that could blow up planets but was actually pretty lovely.

platedlizard posted:

The Sun Crusher? That wasn't a light saber but it was a really stupid Mary Sue ship.

Yeah it had torpedoes that triggered super novas.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah it had torpedoes that triggered super novas.

Also had armor plating that made it invincible.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Tarquinn posted:

Also had armor plating that made it invincible.

Not entirely invincible, it was damaged but not destroyed when it got hit by the superlaser from the Death Star prototype in the Maw Nebula. Of course that it survived a superlaser hit at all says something about the armor.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

ManMythLegend posted:

What about stupid EU poo poo that we actually love? Because there were a couple of great stories tucked in the Jabba's Palace short story book.

Starkiller unironically owns.

FORCE LIGHTING POWERED LIGHT SABERS

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:siren: WARNING! WARNING! UNIRONIC STAR-WARS EXTENDED UNIVERSE CHAT DETECTED! "YEAH BUT _______ IS PRETTY COOL" LEVELS REACHING DANGEROUS LEVELS! :siren:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

:siren: WARNING! WARNING! UNIRONIC STAR-WARS EXTENDED UNIVERSE CHAT DETECTED! "YEAH BUT _______ IS PRETTY COOL" LEVELS REACHING DANGEROUS LEVELS! :siren:

I liked tenel ka but I was also still watching and enjoying Xena at that point. Then she got her hand chopped off by jacen solo and never got it replaced because she was too tough for a robot hand and I thought that was stupid

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The story in the Tales about the droid picked before R2D2 being a Jedi was pretty good imho. Anything good I've ever seen was either a comic or clone wars era stuff to fill in blanks.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Does lando ever become a Jedi? Does boba fett ever become a Jedi?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

both of them have used light sabers so basically

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Ewok_Jedi

loving ewoks were Jedi's too at some point.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Light sabers for everyone!

Tbh if i lived in Star Wars and I ran into some guy with a light saber I'd just shoot him.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That horse jedi with a lightsaber for a penis

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Darksaber and it was actually a giant pile of poo poo built by the lowest bidder and ends up colliding with an asteroid. Book also had a scene where the Hutt who was building it was executing henchmen by electrifying their bridge chairs all Dr. Evil style and he ends up killing the wrong person because he fat-fingered the button.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Does Jabba's monkey have a backstory?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

I called it ages ago. Gonns can't be trusted. Lock
The thread.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, we gotta abort, launch the pods (for the good posters, like me, cya suckersssssssssssssssssssss...........................)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Blistex posted:

Do you really have to ask?

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Blistex posted:

Yes, it's in tales from jaba's palace. If I remember correctly he's actually some sort of expert spy.

Edit: Beaten.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Blistex posted:

Uhhh yeah, the infamous Salacious Crumb has a backstory :rolleyes:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why did Luke feel so constrained and compelled to leave Tatooine for adventure when Tatooine is one of the most poppin' spots in the entire goddamn universe.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Wolfsheim posted:

Uhhh yeah, the infamous Salacious Crumb has a backstory :rolleyes:

I honestly thought that if there was a character that didn't have a backstory, it would be a loving pet monkey.

How about the big box droid on the Jawa sandcrawler that walks around and goes, "donk", "donk".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd be willing to bet it has more of a documented back story than many actual accomplished humans.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

NESguerilla posted:

I'd be willing to bet it has more of a documented back story than many actual accomplished humans.

Adolf Hitler Wiki Page - 12,500 words
Emperor Palpatine Wiki Page - 6,300 words
Emperor Palpatine Wookie Page - 61,800 words

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Blistex posted:

How about the big box droid on the Jawa sandcrawler that walks around and goes, "donk", "donk".

Wookiepedia posted:

Characteristics
GNK power droids were effectively power generators with legs and a very simple artificial intelligence so they could understand rudimentary commands. They were commonly found on under-developed worlds that did not have an expansive power grid, or in mobile military operations.

They often made a low honking noise that sounded like the word "gonk," resulting in the nickname gonk droid or simply gonk. This form of droidspeak was referred to as "Gonkian."

History
Sometime after the Battle of Endor, rumors began to spread regarding a "Cult of the Power Droids." Apparently, a pair of GNK Power Droids would come to one's door and request funding for a religious fringe group. Advice from renowned linguist Ebenn Q3 Baobab was that one should merely utter the phrase "Gonk. Gonk. Gonk ko kyenga see," a highly controversial statement that was not allowed to be legally translated (see Baobab Security Directive 51-C).

Behind the scenes
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that the power droid that C-3PO and R2-D2 found in the Jawa sandcrawler was an EG-6, however it emits the "gonk" sound in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which is a feature of the GNK droid by the same source.

A different version of the EG-6 can be seen in The Phantom Menace, and it was often mistaken for the GNK power droid.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Blistex posted:

I honestly thought that if there was a character that didn't have a backstory, it would be a loving pet monkey.

quote:

"Gonk. Gonk."
A GNK droid

quote:

Sometime after the Battle of Endor, rumors began to spread regarding a "Cult of the Power Droids." Apparently, a pair of GNK Power Droids would come to one's door and request funding for a religious fringe group. Advice from renowned linguist Ebenn Q3 Baobab was that one should merely utter the phrase "Gonk. Gonk. Gonk ko kyenga see," a highly controversial statement that was not allowed to be legally translated (see Baobab Security Directive 51-C).

:cripes:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Blistex posted:

I honestly thought that if there was a character that didn't have a backstory, it would be an irresistible siren song to a furry literotica writer with aspirations of making it big with official fan fiction

They're, that should help you understand the situation

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

:smaug:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why is their epoch (the point in time that is "year 1" i.e. Jesus' approximate date of birth for us) the battle of Yavin? It would be one thing if the Emperor declared it year 1 when he took over, or if the Rebels declared it the year 1 when they killed the Emperor and partied with the Ewoks, but to date everything as being before or after a battle in the middle of a war?!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why is their epoch (the point in time that is "year 1" i.e. Jesus' approximate date of birth for us) the battle of Yavin? It would be one thing if the Emperor declared it year 1 when he took over, or if the Rebels declared it the year 1 when they killed the Emperor and partied with the Ewoks, but to date everything as being before or after a battle in the middle of a war?!

Galactic 9/11?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Also do they even need to call it "the new republic?" The Republic existed for like, 10,000 years or more, and then went away for like, less than 25 years, and then it came back. Any senators not rubbed out by Palpatine should still be alive, assuming rich people in Star Wars can afford life-extending medical care. This empire be a tiny little footnote in galactic legislative history, with many people on outer planets barely even noticing any change.

"This one time a senator got supreme executive power and instituted some government-wide uniform redesigns. Then he died and everything went back to normal."

e: "Oh also he tried to stop having the government of the entire galactic government, responsible for trillions of people, from being so intwined with and beholden to the opinions of some weird order of monks with magic powers and a propensity to go insane and do stupidly evil things.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also do they even need to call it "the new republic?" The Republic existed for like, 10,000 years or more, and then went away for like, less than 25 years, and then it came back. Any senators not rubbed out by Palpatine should still be alive, assuming rich people in Star Wars can afford life-extending medical care. This empire be a tiny little footnote in galactic legislative history, with many people on outer planets barely even noticing any change.

If the Tea Party served a term I'm sure it would be just as disruptive.

• Locked thread