Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I hate these models and I'm happy I'll never have to paint them again.

One of these guys got a stylish beard for the Journal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:horse:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTATION:horse:

1 Point - Signal

Lots of good stuff from you this month, but this group is my favorite. The predominant colors of grey, red, tan, and cyan are quite unusual and subdued, congrats for bringing it together in pleasing way. The gang is very cohesive, and has some nice clear points of interest without them jumping out too much and spoiling the controlled palette. The most obvious attention-grabbers are, of course, the lighting effects on the magic users. I think the blue glow on the lady's robes and old chap's hand are absolutely wonderful. Great job on the box art submission, too! That's one of the closest matches I've seen.

2 Points - Slimnoid

Jeez, those bright white eyes are spooky. This whole unit feels so chilly to me. I half expect steam to be rising from all that fresh blood. Excellent work on the skin color, it's a perfect balance of diseased, frozen, and supernaturally evil. The snow on their bases lends a significant hand, of course, but the warm tones in the soil/leather/rust don't take away from the cold feel so much as reinforce it. You can feel how frigid that ground is. I have no idea how this unit performs on the tabletop, but they certainly look pretty ready to feast on my eyes. Particularly their poses make them look very dangerous, not shambling cannon-fodder like most undead-themed troops. Your other work this month is also of a lovely quality, I should add. The ork biker is tangibly rusty in a really uncomfortable way, and your greenstuff work is right on.

3 Points - Vermintide

These guys are fantastic. The dominant orange cloth is simultaneously dingy and eye-catching. The grey-brown shading looks great next to the dark greens in the skin, which itself includes just a tiny bit of tan and orange in the highlights to communicate a sorta halfway monochromatic scheme. The dark grey cloth does a lovely job of breaking this up with some cool contrasting tones which aren't distracting. The glowy green areas on the stone shard and details on the (exceedingly creepy) rat-haemonculus conversion do a tasteful job of calling just a little more attention to themselves than the large amount of bright orange present. I should also mention the pinker flesh of the conversion, which does a great job of suggesting he doesn't really have conventional blood anymore, and the regimental banner, which is a grimy textural dream.

Bonus Jurnal Point - TWLM

Obviously orks are pretty prime subjects for some cut n' swap, and this is no exception. It looks like it's built from a deffkopta, which gives it a nice unique feel compared to the standard biker look. I find the concept of a mad biker doc with a grot-controlled industrial surgery arm pretty hilarious, especially the gigantic drill for "special surgeries" (i.e. all of them). It's easy to imagine him screeching around the battlefield, bearing down on terrified foe and injured ork alike, bellowing "I'm helping! I'm helping!" as limbs fly all over the place in his wake. Good work!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:
No Jurnal this month, but had fun with this one.

New this month was tarnished bronze and static grass!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Another month done and dusted, first the good models - the historicals. Portuguese Line infantry and French Chasseurs.

Lets get some bonuses rolling here! First up, a Parts list for the Portuguese line

Citidel Paints
Skull White
Regal Blue
Shadow grey
Calthan Brown

Vallejo Paints
Gold
Basic Skintone
Deep Yellow

Then a nice little In Battle shot showing them and all the other 6mm guys I've painted this year!

Now onto the Board Game minis from Mansions of Madness, they are not the greatest miniatures in the world, but then again they are from a board game.

The Dunwich Horror and the Black Goat in the wood are good, I like the expression on the Horror's face. (the human one)

The Investigators at the top are fine as well, I'm claiming the Journal for the stubble on not-Indiana Jones. I also added some badly cut hair to the Wizard and some of the worst OSL you will ever see - and I'm claiming the Double the fun! bonus (I can back it up with some more photos, but its a subtle effect)

That's about it for the month!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!
Everyone's 'favorite' Skaven unit, a rat dart +1 cause I saw that Inquisitor rat model and threw it into the pile as well. Complete with very tiny magnetic movement tray. Claiming the journal for this one for all the various fur colors.

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 29, 2014

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Oath Complete!

No Jurnal unless you count painted-on flames. Also no heads, cuz they're spooky.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: :siren: I think it's time for more Prizes! :siren: :siren:

We've got the October and Q2 prizes up for grabs today.

:siren: :siren: October Monthly Prizes! :siren: :siren:

October Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d37 32 http://orokos.com/roll/234875
This goes to Illudere!

October Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d37 16 http://orokos.com/roll/234876
This goes to Raphus C!

October Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d37 29 http://orokos.com/roll/234882
This goes to jodai!

October Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d37 6 http://orokos.com/roll/234881
This goes to Dr. Gargunza!

October Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d37 3 http://orokos.com/roll/234877
Lovestick won the roll, but since he already won at the beginning of the year, we'll reroll....

October Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize, reroll #1 1d37 12 http://orokos.com/roll/234880
And it goes to Zark the Damned! Please see the next post for instructions on how to claim this!

:siren: :siren: Second Quarter Prizes! :siren: :siren:
If you completed at least one Oath within Q2, you got put in the drawing.

Q2 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d57 35 http://orokos.com/roll/234887
This goes to Pash!

Q2 Oath Thread: Games and Gears Ichiban Studios Pro-Line Brushes 1d57 22 http://orokos.com/roll/234886
This goes to YF19Pilot!

Q2 Oath Thread: Badger Airbrush 1 Minitaire starter set 1d57 50 http://orokos.com/roll/234885
This goes to Conan the Librarian!

Q2 Oath Thread: 2 Wilder Gunpowder line weathering pigments (airbrushes.com) 1d57 3http://orokos.com/roll/234884
This goes to drgnvale!

Congrats to all winners!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I may as well just quote myself. :v: Zark the Damned, let us know which prize pot you're picking from!

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: Attention: Grab Bag Winners! :siren: :siren:

We finally have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot.
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot.
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

Krushgroove's Prize Pot
...I don't actually have this link. :downs: Please contact Krushgroove!

Iris of Ether's Prize Pot

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118371598943498703849/albums/6062125106046823217?authkey=CNaG7-Drk5qKBg

So this prize pot is absolutely bonkers. Thanks to everyone who donated! There's so much stuff, in fact, that if you're drawing from this pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way.

Thanks everyone!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Iris of Ether posted:

Q2 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d57 35 http://orokos.com/roll/234887
This goes to Pash!

Wooo! How do I go about collecting this prize! Awesome! Thanks!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Complete!

Whew... this one was kinda close. I actually had everything done for this oath after the first week or so of the month... except for the Knight, which I just finished.

Anyways first things, Warmachine Wreak Markers:

Bonus point: I Rolled a 6...

The Knight, complete with Inquisitor Jurnal Hair, made from green stuff:

And finally the Skeleton Catapults and their crew, for which I am claiming Themed Group:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Iris of Ether posted:

October Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize, reroll #1 1d37 12 http://orokos.com/roll/234880
And it goes to Zark the Damned! Please see the next post for instructions on how to claim this!

Oooo, shiny!

I'll be picking from the European Prize Pot please :)

Almost finished with my latest Oath, just some small details and the bases to do, should be finished tonight!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Sounds good, I think krushgroove will help facilitate all of your prize dispensing, then. :)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

I think the backpack came out well. I am going to add some to other models.

Jurnal:

I added a Johnny Bravo inspired mohican. Better pics in base coat:

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!

I hate these models and I'm happy I'll never have to paint them again.

One of these guys got a stylish beard for the Journal.

Out of interest, why do you hate yet still paint? Is it an army meta thing?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ugleb posted:

Out of interest, why do you hate yet still paint? Is it an army meta thing?

That model is just really annoying to paint. They're for a boardgame so they're one piece with the base, and they're so low to the ground that it's a pain to paint and base them.

I'd go crazy if I had everything in the game painted, except for these guys, so I had to slog through them.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed in the nick of time...

40 half naked beardy bastards coming up. Sorry for the terrible pics, my usual setup isn't available and my room's a wreck at the moment (halfway between reorganising it and trying to store people's Xmas gifts).

Jurnal is the beards, clearly an excess of facial hair here.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!
3 Long Range Bandits

3 Close Combat Bandits

Oh neat I won a prize!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal
I've painted a goatee onto him. He very much enjoys how villainous he looks while casting spells on Everblight's foes.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
Here's a group shot for the count.

Here's a close of each of the four ghost colors. These are super simple prime white->wash a color->heavy drybrush grey->light drybrush white, but the different colors give some nice variation. This is a quintessential rush job, but they look solid on the table top.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Doppelganger

Miss Ery

Teddy

Primordial Magic

[b]Yin, the Pennegallan

I'm not happy with the red eyes on Miss Ery, I'll probably repaint them the same green as Teddy's.
Themed group, I guess (Neverborn)?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

ForkBanger posted:

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Doppelganger

Miss Ery

Teddy

Primordial Magic

[b]Yin, the Pennegallan

I'm not happy with the red eyes on Miss Ery, I'll probably repaint them the same green as Teddy's.
Themed group, I guess (Neverborn)?

Did you ever formally end up oathing Teddy? My notes say no, but if you can link to a post?

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the simply fabulous greenstuff hairdo :nyan:

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

Did you ever formally end up oathing Teddy? My notes say no, but if you can link to a post?

Apparently not! Bonus Teddy!

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Pash posted:

Wooo! How do I go about collecting this prize! Awesome! Thanks!

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

stabbington posted:

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

Email sent!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Hairy Jurnal on the central model, who's had a headswap to give a fleshy effect on the helmet, and then some hair added from yet another model.

Edit - this is a themed group

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 1, 2014

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete

Jurnal is the headswap on the sergeant guy to something clearly in violation of space marine grooming standards.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Monoliths posted:

:horse:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTATION:horse:

1 Point - Signal

Bachtere posted:

:ducksiren: September judgment! :ducksiren:

Second Place, 2 Points: Signal

Thanks guys! I felt pretty good about that month, I'm glad it wasn't all in my head. :)

Oath Complete!

Really should have done more on these guys, but I got distracted by a bunch of stuff that I didn't oath. Themed Group, and the stubble on the Spitfire gunner is the Journal.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH COMPLETE!

Jurnal is the tons of mustaches and stubble these guys have.

Myt camera and light setup hates me right now, but I'll edit in some detail shots (if I can get them to come out before midnight American Samoa time) because there is so much detail and you can't see any of it in that group shot.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Eh, better to just not edit the Oath Complete post.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete

Jurnal is the mop of hair on the gun skull.

I really need to find my real camera so I can take real pictures instead of these cell phone disasters. And also try for more than a tabletop standard rush job...

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

Journal model is the squig with the cool hair. Azhag, as mentioned way before, was Speed Painted
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=72813#post437129058

The catapult was a bitch to paint. I like the old orc war machines but the sculpting frankly sucks... the wood grain is not sculpted very well, but there was no way to get around it, and the rivets everywhere don't have enough of a profile to catch a wash very well.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oath Complete!

Gue'la, I am not only the Shas'ui of the Hair Club for Fire Caste, I have the honor to be a member...

This little guy's beard was already there, so no points awarded.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete

Themed Group and Mustache Journal

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Down to the wire. Claiming jurnal for the black hair on the normally-chrome-domed warrior.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

Ogruns Assault Corps, a themed group

This one hasn't been shaving so that he can qualify for the journal

Blasters and Gunners

Drillers

Basher, Rockram, Avalancher

Blighted Nyss

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Finished these a week ago, but Thanksgiving interupted photo taking:

Oath Complete!

Truck:

Mars Attacks Survivors: (Themed Group)

Journal is the hat on this Phil to Dale Gribble conversion.

Deadzone Crate Markers: (I rolled a 6...)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I'm going to have to declare Oath Failed this month, apparently due to an inability to get organized during a four-day weekend. :bang:

Quick question: We can combine more than one oath into Save the Whales, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! :hellyeah:

Three Mantic ogres (who ended up much redder than I planned) and ten Abyssal Dwarf Immortals (a.k.a."the Bucketheads"). I followed the basic Mantic pattern for painting Abyssal Dwarves.

Also I'm loving the Dale Gribble for Mars Attacks.

• Locked thread