Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Erebus posted:

Well, there's Billy Corgan's band Zwan, though I don't know of any music videos with pyramids that they did.

Then there's the video for Seven Nation Army, which has nothing to do with swans but is similar to that Justice video in terms of constant forward camera movement through pyramid shapes. Not really psychedelia, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

Definitely not Zwan (or any band as big as Corgan's stuff or TWS), and it's way newer than 7NA. I want to say I saw it on a local indie music video channel I used to get before they folded or something.

I want to say the music had a very Doors-y sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
Was it Kaputt by Destroyer? It kinda floats through weird scenery (though not as linear as on n on), and has a bunch of pyramids and animals. It's p rad in general.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nope, though Bejar is loving awesome. The color scheme was way harsher, a lot of black background, sharp-edged animation, I kind of remember it goes through a sort of stylized swamp, and if I remember correctly, after it goes all the way through the loop of imagery, it either goes backwards all the way through it again or does another loop through but faster? Something like that.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
I kind of have a slightly different request, as I'm pretty sure I know the name of the song but can't find any evidence it ever existed.

I'm looking for a song called "Cover up," and I think it was by the US Bombs. I know it was Duane Peters on vocals. I heard it on some random Alt Press sampler or something like that I bought at a hot topic for $3 when I was 15.

That cd is of course long gone, but I've been looking for this song on and off for about the last ten years with no success.

I've tried looking through discographies of the various bands Duane Peters has been in over the years, but no luck.

If it helps, the song is about the Oklahoma City Bombing and Timothy McVeigh.

Help me find this drat song, and I'll be eternally greatful.

*edit* It is and now I feel dumb. But I can listen to this song again and maybe get it unstuck from my head. Thanks!

Hayden fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 14, 2014

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Hayden posted:

I kind of have a slightly different request, as I'm pretty sure I know the name of the song but can't find any evidence it ever existed.

I'm looking for a song called "Cover up," and I think it was by the US Bombs. I know it was Duane Peters on vocals. I heard it on some random Alt Press sampler or something like that I bought at a hot topic for $3 when I was 15.

That cd is of course long gone, but I've been looking for this song on and off for about the last ten years with no success.

I've tried looking through discographies of the various bands Duane Peters has been in over the years, but no luck.

If it helps, the song is about the Oklahoma City Bombing and Timothy McVeigh.

Help me find this drat song, and I'll be eternally greatful.

Are you sure it isn't just Framed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXf7h1jmyZc

dennis4167
Mar 30, 2008
I was watching this film called "Reign Over Me" and their is this really catchy hook of a song that plays when he is riding his scooter around New York with this woman with such a great voice says "It is time for you to stop all of your sobbin" thats all I got does anyone know what song that is?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dennis4167 posted:

I was watching this film called "Reign Over Me" and their is this really catchy hook of a song that plays when he is riding his scooter around New York with this woman with such a great voice says "It is time for you to stop all of your sobbin" thats all I got does anyone know what song that is?

It's a cover of The Kinks' "Stop Your Sobbing", you can probably check the soundtrack to see who did it.

e: IMDB says it's the Pretenders, which, yeah, Chrissie Hynde has a great voice.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
There's a track that's occasionally played on Digitally Imported's (https://www.di.fm) "Oldschool Rave" channel, with the following lyrics/samples:

"God... make me a God." - Typically repeated a few times
"That's God's Way." - Used in the... bridge? between sections using the line above

My Google/Youtube-Fu has been unsuccessful, and I'm typically not in a position to write it down (at work streaming).
The channel's tracks are (roughly) from '90-'93, with some exceptions, if a date range helps.

dennis4167
Mar 30, 2008
Thanks, any other suggestions from them? Really like her voice, very unique.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dennis4167 posted:

Thanks, any other suggestions from them? Really like her voice, very unique.

Start with the first album (Pretenders) and then keep going in order (Pretenders II, Learning to Crawl, Get Close, etc.) until you feel like stopping. They've always sounded good.

dennis4167
Mar 30, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Start with the first album (Pretenders) and then keep going in order (Pretenders II, Learning to Crawl, Get Close, etc.) until you feel like stopping. They've always sounded good.

Cannot believe I have just discovered this band... When I heard the opening chords to "Back On The Chain Gang" I thought it had serious potential, have not been wowed like this in a while... thx thread i'll stop posting now.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

There's a track that's occasionally played on Digitally Imported's (https://www.di.fm) "Oldschool Rave" channel, with the following lyrics/samples:

"God... make me a God." - Typically repeated a few times
"That's God's Way." - Used in the... bridge? between sections using the line above

My Google/Youtube-Fu has been unsuccessful, and I'm typically not in a position to write it down (at work streaming).
The channel's tracks are (roughly) from '90-'93, with some exceptions, if a date range helps.

All I can tell you is the lines are from The Last Temptation of Christ. Trying to find older rave music that sampled them keeps bringing back CJ Bolland's The Prophet, which uses a lot of lines from the movie but not those lines.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

This song sounds really familiar but I can't remember anything about it and it's bothering the poo poo outta me. Anyone know what it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgaQsCLNKNw

I guess it's some kinda chill/downtempo thing? Idk my genres very well.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

M42 posted:

This song sounds really familiar but I can't remember anything about it and it's bothering the poo poo outta me. Anyone know what it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgaQsCLNKNw

I guess it's some kinda chill/downtempo thing? Idk my genres very well.
Michael Craig & Dave James - Sweet Surrender

http://www.audionetwork.com/production-music/sweet-surrender_55050.aspx

That was pretty hard to find, so I doubt that is what you were thinking of.

Could you be thinking of the song by Air - La femme d'argent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINOxRxze9k

It sounds like it has an oddly similar motif, at least to me it does.

pippy fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 16, 2014

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
That's a really really common chord progression so it makes sense that it sounds familiar. One well known song that uses the same progression is Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game"

M42
Nov 12, 2012

pippy posted:

Michael Craig & Dave James - Sweet Surrender

That's it, thanks so much! I actually thought it was Air at first too.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trying to identify the song that starts at 2:07:00 of this stream

Trigger warning: Dota

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
I'm trying to find a song that I came across last week while doing a random "related videos" youtube wander. I can't seem to re-trace the steps I took, and I don't remember the artist or the title, just parts of the music video and that I enjoyed the song.

So in the video there's a couple, a guy and a girl, 20-somethings, and they're hanging out in some sort of beach house by the water. Part way through the vid there's a bit of a tame sex scene kind of thing out on the beach. After, there was a bit in the evening where the girl is spying through a window on some happy family sitting down for supper. And I think it ends with her and her boyfriend standing by a bonfire on the beach.

That's all I've got. Can anyone piece together those bits and help me track down the song?

Edit: It was probably some sort of indie-pop, and I think it was a lady vocalist, if that helps at all.

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008
Ok so you've helped me before thread, this may be a long shot;

I can recall the music video but not the artist, it's very frustrating!

As far as I can remember it's in french (for want of a better word, there isn't much speaking). Electronic music; not sure if it's techno or what.

The cover is slightly sexy, like lingerie or something; pink with black and white background, the music vid is shot in black & white. The name of the song is sexual too.

It's like, a sexy song but the guy in the music video is obsessed with eggs. Not romantic though, I would call it a dubstep predecessor? It's not meant to be serious.

As I said I think it's a long shot but there is a few songs I can remember liking by these guys. Think Les Rhymes Digitales, but not from the UK. Also a lot more modern.

I can't get this out of my head, help!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Percipient Badger posted:

Ok so you've helped me before thread, this may be a long shot;

I can recall the music video but not the artist, it's very frustrating!

As far as I can remember it's in french (for want of a better word, there isn't much speaking). Electronic music; not sure if it's techno or what.

The cover is slightly sexy, like lingerie or something; pink with black and white background, the music vid is shot in black & white. The name of the song is sexual too.

It's like, a sexy song but the guy in the music video is obsessed with eggs. Not romantic though, I would call it a dubstep predecessor? It's not meant to be serious.

As I said I think it's a long shot but there is a few songs I can remember liking by these guys. Think Les Rhymes Digitales, but not from the UK. Also a lot more modern.

I can't get this out of my head, help!

I figured "electro music video about eggs" would've been a fairly unique detail, and yet I had to find this using the cover art description instead. I'm guessing Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rseHNpU1VLc

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008

Erebus posted:

I figured "electro music video about eggs" would've been a fairly unique detail, and yet I had to find this using the cover art description instead. I'm guessing Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rseHNpU1VLc

You are a mind reader.

My suffering is alleviated!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

http://youtu.be/deOmHKXe4cE?t=1m

What's this song played by a cheap-rear end megaphone? There's a guy who bikes through my street every day while playing it, and just now some guy in the audience of a football match on TV was playing it every 5 minutes. It took me a while to realize that the cyclist guy wasn't riding back and forth in front of my window. Anyway, this song is stuck in my head now.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Smirr posted:

http://youtu.be/deOmHKXe4cE?t=1m

What's this song played by a cheap-rear end megaphone? There's a guy who bikes through my street every day while playing it, and just now some guy in the audience of a football match on TV was playing it every 5 minutes. It took me a while to realize that the cyclist guy wasn't riding back and forth in front of my window. Anyway, this song is stuck in my head now.

That sounds almost like the music the garbage trucks play here. Not quite the same song, I know, but very similar. Could just be the awesome midi sounds, though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

That sounds almost like the music the garbage trucks play here. Not quite the same song, I know, but very similar. Could just be the awesome midi sounds, though.

your garbage trucks play music like ice cream trucks?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Segmentation Fault posted:

your garbage trucks play music like ice cream trucks?

The biggest disappointment about Taiwan has to be the first time I heard that sweet, sweet music, ran outside to buy some frozen diary products, only to be met with a big yellow truck and men in hi-vis jackets loading people's trash.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't figure out where to ask but what's the best way to find out all the movies/TV shows a song has been featured in? Like if I typed in "I Feel Good" or like, any Queen song I'd get a huge list of movies.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
90s - 00s nerdy alt rock, sorta like barenaked ladies or they might be giants (it's definitely not written by tmbg however, or else i would have found it out by now). the main part i remember is a line about hydroelectric power plants that goes like "if the hydrodynamic electronic [insert technobabble here], then you would have enough to power all the [more technobabble]". Also I keep thinking of canada when i think of this song, either the band is from canada or the song mentions canada or something like that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I couldn't figure out where to ask but what's the best way to find out all the movies/TV shows a song has been featured in? Like if I typed in "I Feel Good" or like, any Queen song I'd get a huge list of movies.

Have you tried www.soundtrackinfo.com and/or www.tunefind.com ?

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

I can't remember any of the lyrics, but the music video of the song I'm trying to remember is really weird.

It's a rap-ish song by a white guy with black hair, and he has a beard. The video is animated, all cartoony, and there are animals or anthropomorphic animals halfway through. The rapper is walking through a city that's industrial gone overboard, and I'm pretty sure it's in a minor key. I know it's not much, but if anyone knows what it is it'd be greatly appreciated.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Jazz Marimba posted:

I can't remember any of the lyrics, but the music video of the song I'm trying to remember is really weird.

It's a rap-ish song by a white guy with black hair, and he has a beard. The video is animated, all cartoony, and there are animals or anthropomorphic animals halfway through. The rapper is walking through a city that's industrial gone overboard, and I'm pretty sure it's in a minor key. I know it's not much, but if anyone knows what it is it'd be greatly appreciated.

Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Holy crap you are amazing! Not even twenty minutes :O

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Ok guys! You've never let me down! So this song is an uptempo party/club song of the electro variety. The main bit is what I assume is a flute but it sounds like a chirping bird and it really builds up an epic drop. Anyone?

I found it.
Watermät - Bullit: http://youtu.be/HoMzLLWNV1g

Holy poo poo I am bad at describing music.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I heard this song a long time ago on Emerson College Radio. It was during their show tunes block, so I'm positive that it's from a musical. The song is about a bunch of people talking about loss in their lives (imaginably to their therapists), specifically people who have died who were close to them. It's a bunch of different voices, and some of it is singing, but a lot of it is just talking. I thought it could be Next To Normal, but looking at the synopsis no song really matches that description. This song was incredible and emotional, and I'd love to know what song it is, and what musical it's from.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
I'm trying to remember the name of this song. It was fairly short, maybe a minute and a half. Piano and female singer. I think it was about heartbreak/heaven. The female singer is relatively well known, r and b. Alicia keys I think. It was a cover. Sorry this is a terrible description.

E: it was prelude to a kiss

semicolonsrock fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 26, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

I heard this song a long time ago on Emerson College Radio. It was during their show tunes block, so I'm positive that it's from a musical. The song is about a bunch of people talking about loss in their lives (imaginably to their therapists), specifically people who have died who were close to them. It's a bunch of different voices, and some of it is singing, but a lot of it is just talking. I thought it could be Next To Normal, but looking at the synopsis no song really matches that description. This song was incredible and emotional, and I'd love to know what song it is, and what musical it's from.

Didn't Dream Theater do a thing like that?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Looking for a song that either samples this line or uses it as lyrics.

"Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts."

I'm pretty sure it was a dnb/dubsteppy kinda song, maybe just a remix from a random youtuber. Came to me on the train and it's been bugging me all day.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Flython posted:

"Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts."

I'm pretty sure it was a dnb/dubsteppy kinda song, maybe just a remix from a random youtuber. Came to me on the train and it's been bugging me all day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHAIu5Pu444

The dialogue is from Children of Men, which is how I found that so quickly. You should watch it.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHAIu5Pu444

The dialogue is from Children of Men, which is how I found that so quickly. You should watch it.

I really should. That's not the song I was looking for though, it was a lot more trancy/dancy. Thanks for the help.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Flython posted:

As you would imagine, it's kind of a popular sample for dance music, so it's hard to pin down. It could be:

Counterstrike and the Panacea - Tinnitus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yf4NywPS98

The Machine - Awesome Frequency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTdAdfpRX_4

D-Spirit - Tinnitus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbJZR-OuzXI

Or Kids for Tomorrow - Esto Perpetua. Or any number of other songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

No luck again, trust me to pick this particular line. Only other thing I can mention is that the "That 'eeeeeeeeee" bit was not used. I really need closure on this now or I'm gonna go mad.