Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'm a little drunk and still have to go into the office tomorrow not enough ughhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what's with garbagedick

also arkane has latinamericapinions apparently, i wonder why he isn't posting in that thread

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
DINNER LIST:
  • Jerry's own kung pao chicken
  • mashed potatoes, maybe we should have gotten some bangers too
  • classic American cranberry sauce in a can
  • turkey
  • pumpkin pie

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Gotta add some leafy greens to the menu dog. They got the vitamins and poo poo.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
solution to racechat: awwwwww theres a babbbyyyyy

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My Imaginary GF posted:

solution to racechat: awwwwww theres a babbbyyyyy

Back to racechat: where does the baby fall into?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Ugh no beer up in this motherfucker

Some Bullshit

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Made burritos with Asian style chicken fried rice (it has vegetables and everything :colbert:) with some pumpkin pie on the side. Not a big thanksgiving person :shrug:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

Back to racechat: where does the baby fall into?

Smelly & Poopy

With a very happy face

Solution to racechat is babies. Lots of single-child babies, so long as they remain only childs.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Smelly & Poopy

With a very happy face

Solution to racechat is babies. Lots of single-child mixed race babies, so long as they remain only childs.
Fixed. Bullworth remains correct.:colbert:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

miscegenation is always the answer

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Race mixing is communism, and communism is always the answer.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chantilly Say posted:

Race mixing is communism, and communism is always the answer.

See, you've made a type 1 error here. Communism means anti-American. Communism is never the answer. Race mixing is pro-American. Pro-American is always the answer.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No, they're right. Race-mixing is Communism. Proof:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Lycus posted:

No, they're right. Race-mixing is Communism. Proof:

Those are degenerate anti-Anericans who probably get all their news from RT.com.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

My Imaginary GF posted:

See, you've made a type 1 error here. Communism means anti-American. Communism is never the answer. Race mixing is pro-American. Pro-American is always the answer.

Hmm, you're right, Communism is anti-American. Pro-American policies like the New Deal are the best way to fight communism.

Also race mixing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
A least back in the day the racist were all skinny. Same crowd in the present day would see each individual at least thirty pounds heavier.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

A least back in the day the racist were all skinny. Same crowd in the present day would see each individual at least thirty pounds heavier.

Skinny used to indicate poverty. Now, largesse indicates poverty and fitness a high and secure socioeconomic status.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
To be fair, skinniness is now also a cultural indicator of meth addiction.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People will ape the American tradition for an excuse to dress up. In Israel there is a Jewish holiday, Purim, in which you dress up and drink a lot. It has become more and more Halloweenish with time, but originally you were supposed to dress up as characters from the Scroll of Esther, which is read during that holiday.

purim loving owns and i would eat hamantaschen forever if allowed

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Discendo Vox posted:

To be fair, skinniness is now also a cultural indicator of meth addiction.

Lack of teeth is the indicator there, not the skinniness.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nintendo Kid posted:

I'm legit surprised a lot of Jewish holidays in America haven't been...I don't wanna say APPROPRIATED because that lovely connotations, but like, we have so many holidays that are just 'we're gonna get together, say a few prayers, eat something tasty, and chill (and usually drink a decent bit)' holidays, they're prime for people to latch on to as fun.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nintendo Kid posted:

Any decent Jewish deli has them year round hth

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is a religious obligation to get drunk on Purim

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

It is a religious obligation to get drunk on Purim

The analogy for gentiles is "you have to get drunk until you confuse Hitler and the Dalai Lama"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm legit surprised a lot of Jewish holidays in America haven't been...I don't wanna say APPROPRIATED because that lovely connotations, but like, we have so many holidays that are just 'we're gonna get together, say a few prayers, eat something tasty, and chill (and usually drink a decent bit)' holidays, they're prime for people to latch on to as fun.

not enough jews

blacks make up what 12-13% and we haven't appropriated juneteenth either

of course white america isn't going anywhere near that one for obvious reasons

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

comes along bort posted:

not enough jews

blacks make up what 12-13% and we haven't appropriated juneteenth either

of course white america isn't going anywhere near that one for obvious reasons
Probably this. It's harder to appropriate Jewish holidays when there's no giant jewish-majority city with a jewish culture to appropriate from/imitate/blend in with.

By contrast, Fiesta in San Antonio has most definitely been appropriated by whites, and blacks, and asians, and everyone else who finds a giant two week long party fun.:toot:

I hope the Hispanics don't mind too much, since I love fiesta.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 28, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i've eaten like three pounds of deer jerky

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The pork was surprisingly good this year.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i've eaten like three pounds of deer jerky

i won't get to go hunting for a couple more weeks so i have to wait for jerky :(

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Reminder: cocaine's Schedule II.

More generally, the same mechanisms that make shame a poor intervention tactic for meth make it a poor intervention metric for cocaine. The addiction rate, iirc, is about the same.
Nope, coke is less addictive, its addictiveness is on par with alcohol. I know plenty of casual cocaine users, "casual meth user" tends to be an oxymoron. (Except for the idiots who use "molly" obtained from some random dude thinking it's MDMA, haha.)

Coca is also used by indigenous communities in South America for various medicinal purposes, for example to treat altitude sickness.

Soy Division fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 28, 2014

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They are in cities/socioeconomic strata with a large Jewish population, I'm a confirmed Gentile and I've been to seder plenty of times. Kugel is awesome.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i learned the other day that there are still gay guys living in cities with decent lives who do meth (i asked some guy on grindr if he wanted to grab a drink and he said no, he prefers tina :stare:)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Gail Wynand posted:

Nope, coke is less addictive, its addictiveness is on par with alcohol. I know plenty of casual cocaine users, "casual meth user" tends to be an oxymoron. (Except for the idiots who use "molly" obtained from some random dude thinking it's MDMA, haha.)

Coca is also used by indigenous communities in South America for various medicinal purposes, for example to treat altitude sickness.

My point was not "shame" addicts out of using drugs, but there is already class based shame to using meth. So any person who uses meth isn't like "boy, I hope no one thinks less of me for this!" Coke is definitely tied up in class and status projections, and while you stereotypical strung out coke addict won't care I think there's value in openly talking about the deaths involved in cocaine production. Most coke users are just casual re-occuring users.

You need to turn the narrative that if you do coke you are complicit with Latin American slavery and worker exploitation. Sure, your coffee beans are fair trade, but how many people died so you can take that bump at a club on the weekend? (The answer is a lot. Let's not forget that the cartel subsidiary accused of the student mass kidnapping, Guerreros Unidos, is major provider of cocaine for Chicago. How many deaths is MIGF's contemporaries associated with due to their casual coke consumption?)

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

i learned the other day that there are still gay guys living in cities with decent lives who do meth (i asked some guy on grindr if he wanted to grab a drink and he said no, he prefers tina :stare:)

yeah i was gonnna say there is a community of casual meth users, they are gay cruisers who have much better sexual intercourse than you or i

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

My point was not "shame" addicts out of using drugs, but there is already class based shame to using meth. So any person who uses meth isn't like "boy, I hope no one thinks less of me for this!" Coke is definitely tied up in class and status projections, and while you stereotypical strung out coke addict won't care I think there's value in openly talking about the deaths involved in cocaine production. Most coke users are just casual re-occuring users.

You need to turn the narrative that if you do coke you are complicit with Latin American slavery and worker exploitation. Sure, your coffee beans are fair trade, but how many people died so you can take that bump at a club on the weekend? (The answer is a lot. Let's not forget that the cartel subsidiary accused of the student mass kidnapping, Guerreros Unidos, is major provider of cocaine for Chicago. How many deaths is MIGF's contemporaries associated with due to their casual coke consumption?)

I agree; the most efficient means to lower demand for a product is to associate that product with use by the visibly-discernable poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

yeah i was gonnna say there is a community of casual meth users, they are gay cruisers who have much better sexual intercourse than you or i

well they don't have any teeth so i'm sure the bjs are great

• Locked thread