Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

It's almost 50% off on Amazon right now so I couldn't resist.

Also bought this bluetooth speaker

For my husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Geoj posted:

I've had my eye on it for a while but I can't generally stomach spending more than $50 on a keyboard. With this past weekend's sale it dropped to $54 with prime shipping, close enough.

I bought that keyboard at the same time that I bought the Logitech Performance Mouse MX:

and they're both amazing. That was almost three years ago and I still haven't had to replace the (rechargeable AA) mouse battery yet. They both charge with a micro USB cable, so do the Xbox One controllers, and so (did) my phone. Really cuts down on the amount of charge cables I need to have strewn about my desk.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010
Picked up one of these

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Those 2014 models are pretty awesome

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

They age really quickly though.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Penguin Chukkas:

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010
It's a 2012. Always buy used, let some other sucker take the hit as soon as the collar goes on.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ChocNitty posted:

Penguin Chukkas:

What'd you pay for these? I'm in the market for some black walkers.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Every pair of Merrills I have owned lost waterproofing after about 3 months when that black stuff around the toe box started flaking off. I had my first pair replaced but didn't want to go through the trouble after that. The company was good to deal with for the replacement though. I just wouldn't buy any advertised as waterproof (im not sure if those are) and expect them to be so after a dozen wearings.

No Gore-tex or similar waterproofing membranes are worth anything when it comes to footwear in my experience, even from the high-end German or Scandinavian boot makers. Full leather boots with liberally applied wax and creme works best. And even that will only do so much. Outside of hiking Wellingtons are still unbeatable. Still love my Merrell wool-lined winter boots though, but that's not something that really has waterproofing in the first place.

Edit:

Needed a new jacket covering +5°C to -10°C, as the Gloveall Pea Coat I bought two years ago was a big disappointment (not warm enough, lining ripped very quickly)

Elkline Undercover

Decius has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Nov 27, 2014

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Super duper trekking shoes for when I walk all day in an urban environment. The great outdoors is for other people.
It is Yak leather and the sole is vulcanized on the shoe instead of glued to it. Best shoes I bought in a long time.

Ecco XPEDITION III MEN

Keetron has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Nov 27, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

martinlutherbling posted:

Picked up one of these

Sweet purchase, what did you name him/her?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

New GFX card:

Best I could get between affordability/availability/4GB (I hope).

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Daimo posted:

New GFX card:

Best I could get between affordability/availability/4GB (I hope).

I have this and it's cool and good.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I have this and it's cool and good.

Thanks, getting excited!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Despite my attempts to stop spending money on Steam when I hardly play 90% of the stuff I have on there, I acquired The Detail and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth after the sales drew me in.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Preparing for incoming Nexus 6, Tylt Vu wireless charging stand

50% off if you use code CYBER2014.

And this case just arrived. Great quality and comparable in size to my Note 3 otterbox so I finally have an idea how big this thing is

Spigen Neo Hybrid with metalized buttons (apparently older models had lovely buttons)

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

Decius posted:

No Gore-tex or similar waterproofing membranes are worth anything when it comes to footwear in my experience, even from the high-end German or Scandinavian boot makers. Full leather boots with liberally applied wax and creme works best. And even that will only do so much. Outside of hiking Wellingtons are still unbeatable. Still love my Merrell wool-lined winter boots though, but that's not something that really has waterproofing in the first place.

Edit:

Needed a new jacket covering +5°C to -10°C, as the Gloveall Pea Coat I bought two years ago was a big disappointment (not warm enough, lining ripped very quickly)

Elkline Undercover

Is this thing available in the US in that color?

that site doesn't ship to the USA unless I missed something.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That's a cool jacket, sometimes I wish we got to wear cool stuff like that here in the tropics.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The big thing I wanted this Black Friday was a 4TB or 5TB hard drive. I ended up getting an 5TB Seagate external that had this 5900rpm/128MB cache beast inside: http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-22-178-593 Final cost should be around $85.

I was thinking of getting a $20 USB microphone, but Amazon just had a Lightning Deal for a Blue Yeti, the podcasting mic of choice. Normal street price is $110 and the Lightning Deal brought it down to $70 which is the lowest you'll see all year. My Citi rewards points knocked off another $28, which is nice since they're hard for me to spend these days because Amazon charges me tax and I don't have Prime anymore.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just got one of those and the sound is great. But it's so sensitive that I had to buy a cheap mic stand to help isolate it because it picked up every time I even touched the table it was on.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

The big thing I wanted this Black Friday was a 4TB or 5TB hard drive. I ended up getting an 5TB Seagate external that had this 5900rpm/128MB cache beast inside: http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-22-178-593 Final cost should be around $85.

I was thinking of getting a $20 USB microphone, but Amazon just had a Lightning Deal for a Blue Yeti, the podcasting mic of choice. Normal street price is $110 and the Lightning Deal brought it down to $70 which is the lowest you'll see all year. My Citi rewards points knocked off another $28, which is nice since they're hard for me to spend these days because Amazon charges me tax and I don't have Prime anymore.

That is the most anthropomorphic sound gadget I've ever seen. The middle shot looks like a shocked person covering their ears.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I just got one of those and the sound is great. But it's so sensitive that I had to buy a cheap mic stand to help isolate it because it picked up every time I even touched the table it was on.
I got the $6 #1 selling pop filter, but a mic stand didn't occur to me. I guess we'll see how the vibrations go.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

I got the $6 #1 selling pop filter, but a mic stand didn't occur to me. I guess we'll see how the vibrations go.

I think I got the same pop filter. This is the stand I got. $14.99 with prime shipping. Seems to do the job. I doubt it could take the abuse of traveling and being used at any kind of gig, but for around the house I think it will be just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CLIPHO/

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Preparing for incoming Nexus 6, Tylt Vu wireless charging stand

50% off if you use code CYBER2014.

Welp just ordered two of these.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just picked up Pacific Rim bluray from Amazon, as it was $4. I've never even seen the movie, but that's less than half the price of a movie ticket. I'd link it, but it was a flash that had 15 minutes left at the time.

Also Goat Simulator for $4.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Rolo posted:

What'd you pay for these? I'm in the market for some black walkers.

Got em at a local Nordstroms clearance outlet store for $90. I think they can be had for around the same price from some online retailers.

I raised some cash selling some stuff, and jumped on a deal for an Xbox One, AC Unity, and 1yr XBL for $330 shipped.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7439265-xbo...-daily-deal?v=1

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

IUG posted:

I just picked up Pacific Rim bluray from Amazon, as it was $4. I've never even seen the movie, but that's less than half the price of a movie ticket. I'd link it, but it was a flash that had 15 minutes left at the time.

Also Goat Simulator for $4.

Prepare to be disappointed, I mean not as disappointed as you'd be if you paid to see it at a cinema but I think $4 might be still paying a little too much for that film.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Pacific Rim was pretty entertaining.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

For $4 you can't complain. I saw it at the cinema and it was garbage but that was down to the projector being dim and poo poo. Watching it at home on my plasma was a completely different experience, I could actually see what was going on...

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Got me a new winter hat, 50% off.

It is way too warm above 30f/0c, which is the level of insulation that I wanted.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Finally broke down and decided to get Tomb Raider for the ps4.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Finally broke down and decided to get Tomb Raider for the ps4.

If you manage to jump off this rock, and onto this ledge she takes off her top. My uncle who works for Sony said so.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

got my black friday shopping done.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did you get a deal on them? I own a pair and they are getting pretty torn up. I could use another pair.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got a Chromecast, a 2DS w/ Yoshi's New Island Downloand bundle, Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for $160 total from the local Target. No regrets.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I know a lot of people here buy Cards Against Humanity stuff so I figured I'd ask here. The "bullshit" that's for sale today they they describe as literal bull feces for fertilizing a garden... is this a joke or just really weird? Anyone see anything that leads you to believe it's anything other than exactly what they're saying. I'd hate for it to be some really cool surprise that I missed out on because I took them at face value.

https://store.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

Edit: vv could he just put a small towel underneath the mic stand?

davebo has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Nov 28, 2014

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't travel with my sound setup, so I hung my Mic from a shelving bracket above in my sound booth, and if you find vibrations being a problem, I'd suggest seeing if that is an option for your recording environment because it had made a world of difference for me.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

davebo posted:

I know a lot of people here buy Cards Against Humanity stuff so I figured I'd ask here. The "bullshit" that's for sale today they they describe as literal bull feces for fertilizing a garden... is this a joke or just really weird? Anyone see anything that leads you to believe it's anything other than exactly what they're saying. I'd hate for it to be some really cool surprise that I missed out on because I took them at face value.

https://store.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

If there is anything "cool", it will come along with the actual bull poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you mail poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Can you mail poo poo?

You can