Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It isn't a fan addition. Jotaro is a marine biologist. Like, that's what he ended up doing after part 3. It's an actual part of parts 4 and 6!

Oh, I'm aware. I just think it's funny how fandom has spun it into outright childish obsession...

...man, Emporio's escape from Pucci feels weirdly appropriate now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Sadly Jotaro's love of the sea was what destroyed his marriage

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is canon.

Nothing that anyone says can convince me otherwise. :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
She's lucky Jotaro didn't stop time and just disappear from the embarrassment.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

Oh, I'm aware. I just think it's funny how fandom has spun it into outright childish obsession...

Jolyne is best friends with a mass of plankton, and is able to command dolphins.
She inherited much from her father.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kid Jolyne things are the best things the fandom creates by far.
But doubly so when she's with Best Hair.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Aurain posted:

Kid Jolyne things are the best things the fandom creates by far.
But doubly so when she's with Best Hair.

I have one more comic starring Kid Jolyne

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ekusukariba posted:

I have one more comic starring Kid Jolyne

"...You've been talking to your Great Grandpa again, haven't you?"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Torquemadras posted:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The serious look right about two dolphins kissing is good.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Speaking of Jotaro and marine life, does anyone have that "What my friends think I do/What I think I do/What I really do" comic with Jotaro? I lost it in a hard drive crash and Jotaro filling out grant applications is so good.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It isn't a fan addition. Jotaro is a marine biologist. Like, that's what he ended up doing after part 3. It's an actual part of parts 4 and 6!

Senifeld and JoJo take place in the same universe and one day we all get the crossover we deserve

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Senifeld and JoJo take place in the same universe and one day we all get the crossover we deserve

Well I mean this is basically part 8

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to think that little Jolyne keeps getting him all this gaudy dolphin crap. Anytime someone questions it he gives them an angrier glare than Dio ever got and asks them if they've got a problem with his daughters gifts.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

This, but with Garth Marenghi's Darkplace instead of Seinfeld.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Well I mean this is basically part 8

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: It's a Stand About Nothing

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kabanaw posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: It's a Stand About 「Nothing」

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

NutritiousSnack posted:

I wonder what George's Stand would be.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder what George's Stand would be.

Art Vandelay?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elaine's would have to be Witchy Woman.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Larry David's stand, 「Bad Moon Rising」, would be the exact opposite of Hey Ya.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dexie posted:

Elaine's would have to be Witchy Woman.

「The Little Kicks」
http://www.thelittlekicks.co.uk

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Special event about Stardust Crusaders cours 3 and 4 on Sunday 2pm GMT
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jojo-premium-animation

Note: The last event they did was bad, dull and nothing happened, so don't get excited.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

Special event about Stardust Crusaders cours 3 and 4 on Sunday 2pm GMT
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jojo-premium-animation

Note: The last event they did was bad, dull and nothing happened, so don't get excited.

Precisely what did not happen last time? Was it just them saying "hey we're making 2 new cours?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was just them announcing that with no sort of graphics, animation shown or anything. Just a bunch of people talking.

I mean, it might have been interesting with full grasp of the language, but I'd have your expectations in check so anything they premiere this time out is awesome.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Doesn't the Speedwagon Foundation just exist to give the Joestar family money? As the eldest surviving Joestar (other than Holly I guess) presumably Jotaro could start the Kakyoin Memorial Oceanographic Research Institute.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki said that Joseph was alive in Stone Ocean and didn't get a case of the head cut in half like Jotaro or brutally dismembered like Jolyne, so Joseph was still the eldest Joestar and probably spent the money on cameras, trying to erase Lisa Lisa's butt from his memory even though he was senile and missing Caesar.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Are there any comics of young Jolyne visiting great-grandpa Joseph

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nessus posted:

Doesn't the Speedwagon Foundation just exist to give the Joestar family money? As the eldest surviving Joestar (other than Holly I guess) presumably Jotaro could start the Kakyoin Memorial Oceanographic Research Institute.

Well I think the Speedwagon Foundation also does R&D relating to kooky poo poo like vampires and Stands. They've still got a pillar man locked in a suntan coffin and I think DIO's corpse, presumably they're also doing studies on him.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well I think the Speedwagon Foundation also does R&D relating to kooky poo poo like vampires and Stands. They've still got a pillar man locked in a suntan coffin and I think DIO's corpse, presumably they're also doing studies on him.

The Speedwagon Foundation is basically the SCP Foundation but less morally questionable. Hell, it's sometimes called the SPW foundation. Also, I like that one information page where they say Speedwagon founded it to document "bizarre phenomena" because I'm a sucker for that sort of title-referencing stuff.

I imagine it's mostly stand research, with some heavily secured rooms full of stone masks and vampire dust.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'd say Seinfeld has more in common with Dragonball than Jojo. It has the same relationship with Curb Your Enthusiasm as Dragonball has with DBZ.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Butt Ghost posted:

I'd say Seinfeld has more in common with Dragonball than Jojo. It has the same relationship with Curb Your Enthusiasm as Dragonball has with DBZ.

Funny you should say that...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
as u were saiayn lmao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Aurain posted:

Araki said that Joseph was alive in Stone Ocean and didn't get a case of the head cut in half like Jotaro or brutally dismembered like Jolyne, so Joseph was still the eldest Joestar and probably spent the money on cameras, trying to erase Lisa Lisa's butt from his memory even though he was senile and missing Caesar.

He spends the money buying too much stuff for the invisible baby and the rest is scammed out of him By his son

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Yeeeeees thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The JoJo event is due to begin in around 4 hours.
From the sound of the official website, it's going to be a theatre airing of three episodes of SC (from the season that just ended) attended by one of the anime's writers and Kakyoin's voice actor, who will presumably be interviewed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFb_2o-XJnQ

Egypt arc preview!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

January can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
dat Mariah

• Locked thread