Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Didn't Yats declare a few months back he doesn't plan to stay PM?

Rumors from last week said Poland's ex-prez Kwasniewski will take a post in the new cabinet; looks like they're opening the door for that to happen.

Having said that, having foreign nationals as cabinet members is not usual at all, isn't it?

Yeah, the last thing Ukraine wants to do is change their laws to allow foreign nationals in cabinet positions. When Putin's puppet "wins" the next elections or two elections from now they might find that law very uncomfortable.

Its a bad idea for any country really and as far as I know it never happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

El Scotch posted:

That's like $200 US right now; I'd by that for two hundred bucks. Oil's down in price too to fuel it!

The dream of a goon-owned aircraft carrier lives on in D&D!

3peat
May 6, 2010

Jonad posted:

The dream of a goon-owned aircraft carrier lives on in D&D!

I'll insulate the engine room stairs

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

In lighter news

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/25/world/asia/putin-tiger-goat-death/index.html

Next thing we know one will get hit by a car in Beijing with false ID and detailed plans of the Chinese border forces :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mokotow posted:

That's right; I was shocked to find that many farms in south Poland raise and slaughter horses for export to Italy. It's a huge industry. WTF.

Poland is also the biggest Halal meat exporter in Europe, because our meat producers just don't give a gently caress; seems like we're really into being lovely butchers for the rest of Europe.

A lot of Horse meat turned up in all manners of food in Sweden a little while back (not so surprising considering we have more horses than cows, yet don't eat a lot of horse... officially) but it seems Water Buffalo is the new hot thing to replace beef with (:psyduck:)

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Mokotow posted:

Poland is also the biggest Halal meat exporter in Europe, because our meat producers just don't give a gently caress; seems like we're really into being lovely butchers for the rest of Europe.

Antemurale Christianitatis!

Jokes aside, horse meat is decent stuff. Lean too.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

alex314 posted:

Horses aren't raised for meat, the ones that end in slaugherhouse are usually unable to do their intended purpose because they are old or unable to walk. In Poland horses are treated as companion animals, just like dogs, it's the last thing to eat before starving. AFAIK if the horse is sold for meat it's mostly transported to Italy.

I can't imagine eating horsemeat. They are beautiful and intelligents animals, raised to be our companions. Slaughtering and eating them is pretty creepy, like eating your pet cat.

TeodorMorozov posted:

Russians already have it. So we can share these carriers for all of you.

Sure. Looking forward to it!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pigs are very intelligent and sensitive. Still delicious.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

OhYeah posted:

I can't imagine eating horsemeat. They are beautiful and intelligents animals, raised to be our companions. Slaughtering and eating them is pretty creepy, like eating your pet cat.

Sure. Looking forward to it!

So are rabbits, though. And ducks, pigs and octopuses (octopi?), probably more animals we eat are considered intelligent when put to the test.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

double nine posted:

So are rabbits, though. And ducks, pigs and octopuses (octopi?), probably more animals we eat are considered intelligent when put to the test.

Ducks are terrible monsters who rape and pillage, also geese and swans, murderous fuckers :mad:

Pigs are cool tho

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

OhYeah posted:

Pretty much all of the animals we eat can be found to be intelligent and emotional when you really look closely at them which are the first things people usually label their culture's pet type animals as. It's all a matter of cultural perception for what animals you are and aren't comfortable eating.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The only meat i have trouble with is human flesh, otherwise bring it on!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Baudolino posted:

The only meat i have trouble with is human flesh, otherwise bring it on!

Bon appétit!

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

my dad posted:

Bon appétit!

They're cute! Mopane worms, on the other hand...

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Its on.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Mokotow posted:

That's right; I was shocked to find that many farms in south Poland raise and slaughter horses for export to Italy. It's a huge industry. WTF.

This is why I love Polish farmers. Stereotyping hard here, but generally they're not the world's biggest fans of Jews, Muslims or foreigners in general, and staunchly uphold tradition and faith. But let it never be said that the Poles are not an enterprising and open-minded people! They'll band together to defend their right to follow the rituals of a "pagan" religion or break a major cultural dietary taboo, because cold hard cash always conquers hate. And, you know, everything else.

I'm not even saying eating horses is somehow objectively morally worse than eating pigs, but it's definitely a pretty strong taboo here, probably because of having a lot of equestrian traditions. But hey, if there's a quick buck in it...

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Context?

Istrian
Dec 23, 2006

Et, ou tu vas exactement?

Forgall posted:

Context?

Afromaidan

Chernorossia

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

skipThings posted:

Ducks are terrible monsters who rape and pillage, also geese and swans, murderous fuckers :mad:

So I guess we should start eating dolphins, orcas and chimps? Might be interesting.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Istrian posted:

Afromaidan

Chernorossia
That's hilariously cynical.

Still doesn't give me context for CCCP tank pics though.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Forgall posted:

Context?

Its on.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 27, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

steinrokkan posted:

So I guess we should start eating dolphins, orcas and chimps? Might be interesting.

We shouldn't eat chimps. It's really hard to make primate meat safe to eat. Also, MIGF, timg that, please.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Guildencrantz posted:

I'm not even saying eating horses is somehow objectively morally worse than eating pigs, but it's definitely a pretty strong taboo here, probably because of having a lot of equestrian traditions. But hey, if there's a quick buck in it...

Slovenia has a strong equestrian tradition too. The Lipicanci that Austria are so proud of are actually bred and raised in Slovenia. You know what else they have?

Horse meat is quite good when prepared properly.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

We shouldn't eat chimps. It's really hard to make primate meat safe to eat. Also, MIGF, timg that, please.

Its easy to make the meat safe to eat. Its impossible to have individuals consistantly transport the meat in a safe manner. Most zoonotic to human transmissions occur during the preparation of corpse for transportation--not the consumption of the meat. Apes have plenty of meat and take field prep to transport, due to ease of hunting with firearms as individual over former requirement of group for animal takedown and traditional practices of preparation-at-settlement reducing transmission potential; there's a reason why you skewer the carcus to slow-roast, and it has to do with epidemiology.

Followup for that context:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Conflict_Report/status/537947654807101440

quote:

THE #NOVOROSSIYA|N ARMY WAITS IN #ROSTOV OBLAST.
WHY?
BECAUSE IT IS THE 200TH BRIGADE OF THE RF's #NORTHERN_FLEET! pic.twitter.com/p5Gj1iAjip

CCCP-decal'd equipment is rolling into Ukraine. If that isn't an excuse to post Soviet.gif, I don't know what is.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
Steppe peoples have eaten horses for hundreds if not thousands of years. Looking forward to trying out horse meat dumplings in Kazakhstan one day.

Much like arctic peoples herd reindeer or desert peoples make use of camels.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I hope you are drunk and joking, MIGF.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think when it's time for happening.gif we'll know. A mass offensive across the whole Ukrainian border wouldn't go unnoticed by mainstream news.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Mokotow posted:

Rumors from last week said Poland's ex-prez Kwasniewski will take a post in the new cabinet; looks like they're opening the door for that to happen.

Having said that, having foreign nationals as cabinet members is not usual at all, isn't it?

Why the gently caress would anyone want him? Unless their alcohol industry is on the brink of bankruptcy and they need to stimulate the demand fast.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

my dad posted:

Bon appétit!

Hah, i have eaten all kinds of bugs before. I will indeed have a very bon apetit.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bugs are a fine source of protein.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I would be legitimately curious to try them, actually, if not alive though. Not initially, at least.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Russians are hoarding kasha, which is a tasty cereal.

http://economics.unian.net/agro/1014677-pochti-30-rossiyan-iz-za-defitsita-i-rosta-tsen-uje-zapaslis-grechkoy.html

quote:

Almost 30% of Russians because of the shortage and rising prices have already stocked buckwheat

This is according to the November survey, "Levada Center."

8% of them have decided to stock up on buckwheat, because the rise in prices seen at her, 7% - because doing so ever, 6% - because everything they say that soon the price of buckwheat rise, 5% - because buckwheat starts disappear from the shelves in the store, bought a 4% buckwheat, following the example of relatives.

The survey was conducted on 21 - 24 November 2014 on a representative nationwide sample of urban and rural population of 1,600 people aged 18 years and older in 134 settlements of 46 regions of the country. The margin of error data from these studies does not exceed 3.4%.

Earlier, the media reported that the Russians are starting to panic because of the shortage and rising prices for buckwheat .

Autumn in Russia increased prices not only for buckwheat , but also on other foods. Putin argued that the rise in food prices on the Russian market has nothing to do with the prohibition of the import of products from the US and the EU, and is associated with the usual rise in price of feed. At the same time, the media reported that the rise in prices for buckwheat will force the Russian government to sell its holdings.

I saw today oil dipped below $70 a barrel, how is the Russian economy doing?

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I'm sure Teddy will have a wonderfully informative and a very reasonable reply with images from NEIN!Gag attached.

VoltairePunk fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 28, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Karmalis posted:

I'm sure Teddy will have a wonderfully informative and very reasonable reply reply with images from NEIN!Gag attached.

Let me pre-empt the talking points here:

●Low oil=global instability

●global instability=increased Russian arms exports

●increased demand for Russian arms exports = existential Russian need to secure Novoryssia.

Therefore, in order for Russia to have sufficient capacity to meet future demand for the arms imports necessary to combat the spread of global terrorism, it is necessary for Russia to annex Novoryssia. Russia really is only doing this for the safety of the rest of the world and wouldn't need to if the CIA did not coordinate with Ukranians. Also would anyone like to buy a bunch of extra S-400s? You really should buy them now before demand goes sky high and you get put on a production waiting list. ps cash only must pay before delivery need $68 bln badly must use USD.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 28, 2014

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

OhYeah posted:

Horses are stupid as gently caress, their survival strategy is breaking their own legs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Russians are hoarding kasha, which is a tasty cereal.

http://economics.unian.net/agro/1014677-pochti-30-rossiyan-iz-za-defitsita-i-rosta-tsen-uje-zapaslis-grechkoy.html

Just a reminder from two weeks ago...

Sergiu64 posted:

Oil falls to below $78 per barrel:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30033258

Funny related comment at: https://twitter.com/HromadskeTV/status/532966542884229120, where a Ukrainian guy says: "If it falls below $65 per barrel - I'll believe in USA, if it falls below $45 - I'll believe in God."

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

fatherboxx posted:

Horses are stupid as gently caress, their survival strategy is breaking their own legs.

This really must be reiterated. Horses are stupid as gently caress and usually have nice, lean meat.

lmao at the people in this thread getting all indignant about eating horses

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kasha means porridge, unspecific of type of cereal you use to prepare it. 28% stocking up buckwheat is still kind of funny.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
In other news the CCCP anthem was played instead of the Russian Federation one at a Slovak hockey game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx19ThqPac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

sparatuvs posted:

In other news the CCCP anthem was played instead of the Russian Federation one at a Slovak hockey game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx19ThqPac

Isn't the music exactly the same ? I thought they reintroduced it ten years ago.

Edit:
They actually have words. Oh dear...

• Locked thread