Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Any company with "DP" as its' initials is alright with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So my OBD2 dongle arrived. I ordered it from eBay and it showed up from amazon. Either I'm losing my mind or I ordered two. I have it as a purchased item in my ebay profile.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Re-posting on the advice of the Western Canada subforum:

Madison is three, and she is friends with the daughter of a friend of mine. Her mother, Christina Tupper, is wanted on a Canada-wide warrant. We're not sure where Madison is. Please, if you see Christina, call the local police. We're all worried sick.

The "most wanted" page is at:

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CrimeFiles/EdmontonsMostWanted/ChristinaTUPPER.aspx

Christina TUPPER

DOB:32
Height:5'7
Weight:140 lbs
EPS File #:
Hazel eyes; brown hair; tattoos: “Leo” back of neck; 3 circles with 4 lines on right hand
TUPPER is wanted on a Canada wide warrant.

TUPPER is serving a 5 year 8 month sentence for robbery; drug trafficking; possession stolen property and fail to comply with a probation order. She was released into the community on Statutory Release on December 16, 2013. As of November 4, 2014 her whereabouts are unknown. If located do not approach, call police.

EDIT to fix broken link.

Hungry Squirrel fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 26, 2014

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I just looked and got a "page not found"

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Thanks for the heads-up; looks like I pasted stupidly. http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CrimeFiles/EdmontonsMostWanted/ChristinaTUPPER.aspx

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

This snow is awesome! I made it to work in record time this morning. I knew wranglers were beasts off road but being able to plow through 50cm drifts in 2wd is just way too much fun. I also think it's safe to say that for the money, the Grabber AT2's were worth it. They're not fantastic on ice, but they're a hell of a lot better than the stock dueller rh-s.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Driving into Edmonton yesterday evening Gateway Boulevard was pretty empty at around 6:30, almost made me wish I had a brotruck so I could have some fun as they hadn't gotten the plows working on that road yet. Having a Golf TDI with kick-rear end winter tires and very functional traction control just isn't that much fun.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McTinkerson posted:

This snow is awesome! I made it to work in record time this morning. I knew wranglers were beasts off road but being able to plow through 50cm drifts in 2wd is just way too much fun. I also think it's safe to say that for the money, the Grabber AT2's were worth it. They're not fantastic on ice, but they're a hell of a lot better than the stock dueller rh-s.

Try airing the tires down to 15psi. It doubles your traction.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/1997-honda-civic-hatchback/1035943322?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$250 civic! What's the worst that could happen.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Well, it needs an OOP.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Well, it needs an OOP.

or a cage.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

neckbeard posted:

Driving into Edmonton yesterday evening Gateway Boulevard was pretty empty at around 6:30, almost made me wish I had a brotruck so I could have some fun as they hadn't gotten the plows working on that road yet. Having a Golf TDI with kick-rear end winter tires and very functional traction control just isn't that much fun.

Sup Edmonton Golf TDI buddy :hfive:. Which winter tires do you have? I've been so happy with my Michelin X-ice Xi3s, little thing kills in the winter.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Ayem posted:

Sup Edmonton Golf TDI buddy :hfive:. Which winter tires do you have? I've been so happy with my Michelin X-ice Xi3s, little thing kills in the winter.

Gislaved NordFrost 5. The only thing I'm not liking is that my prev car was a `04 Mitsu Lancer Ralliart, it did not have traction control and it revved pretty fast, so it was a blast going through corners

So I'm walking home from work today and as I'm waiting for a light to change I see this smaller SUV go through the intersection and it's making a funny noise. I look and see that it's rear tire has come off the rim, in towards the vehicle by like an inch and it's going at a decent speed, like 50Km/h but I'm not seeing that the rim lip is making contact with the road. I got a flat last winter when it was -25 and while I noticed right away and got off the road, the rubber in the tire was so stiff that it never really went fully 'flat'

Aaron, buy this for your redneck rally next summer

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ah Ha, real funny mother nature, you oval office.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Finally, weather that tips the scales from "embarrassed of my f-150" to "loving my f-150"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Turfed the old Subaru?

-25 tonight to +10 forecast for late next week. I do prefer the south. :shobon:

So I just ordered a new Tacoma 4x4 company truck a few weeks back since my 2011 is getting miled out. Debating whether to buy it out and flip it or not. Can probably get it for "around" $14K, all in. I have no use for it personally since I'll have the 2015 company truck so it wouldd just be a way to make a few bucks. Thoughts? My gut is telling my yes since Kijiji shows them going for stupid prices although some seem almost reasonable so :shrug: but I'm sure a few are scams.

Good shape, probably around 150KMs by the time is all said and done. I'm thinking $19K-ish or is that too optimistic?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress shopping locally forever. They sold us up the river, we'll flush em down the shitter.

went looking for computer speakers at a local computer store, visions, future shop, and london drugs. 100% of what was available was either logitech or bose.

Same with car parts. double the price and always a day away. From now on it's newegg and rock auto.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

-30 is hardly deserving of an extreme cold weather report; wimps.

Until you're out there trying to start the car when it's -60 out you don't know cold. :colbert:

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 1, 2014

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Saskatoon's weather report was EXTREME COLD ALERT this morning when it was -31 but windchill was lower than -40; the ALERT was cancelled by mid-day when I looked and the "feels like" was -39.

I think they use a calculated windchill of -40 or colder as their threshold for "don't go outside unless you have to".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, it's supposed to be -26 with a wind chill of -34 tonight with no warning about it.

A couple of records were set today.

Grande Prairie
New record of -34.8
Old record of -28.9 in 1966

Edmonton International
New record of -30.0
Old record of -32.8 in 1961

Pincher Creek
New record of -34.6
Old record of -27.8 in 1896

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a whole pile of bad ideas at the ritchie bros auction in saskatoon tomorrow.

50k km celica GT4 https://www.rbauction.com/1998-celica-gt-4?invId=4333245&id=ci
140k celica GT4 https://www.rbauction.com/1998-celica-gt-4?invId=4333244&id=ci
15k RX8 https://www.rbauction.com/2007-mazda-rx8?invId=4344743&id=ci
100k RX8 https://www.rbauction.com/2005-mazda-rx8?invId=4333242&id=ci
roadmaster hearse https://www.rbauction.com/1991-buick-roadmaster-hearse?invId=4333241&id=ci

ritchie bros isn't usually the normal market for this kind of stuff, so it could go super cheap. It's all from the estate of a guy who had a bunch of tractors and farm equipment, so that's probably why it was all dumped there.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That hearse would make the ultimate AI project thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

just a drat shame it's a 305.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

just a drat shame it's a 305.

That's what makes it a project. Aint nobody want a 1991 350 anyway, so you'd want to do some stuff in any case. Being a 305 just makes that decision a bit easier. :getin:

Raluek fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 1, 2014

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

gently caress thermite, let's make nitrocellulose.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I don't like ST205s and I don't like RHD cars but I'd almost throw a cheap bid down on one of those Celicas just for shits and giggles. Is their online bidding system decent?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Look guys, if I see one more Dodge Journey with the high beams on I'm going to get out and beat the driver to death.

:toxx:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

^^^Same, but for Honda/Fords driving around without their headlights on.

Any of you Calgoons planning on autocrossing at Ghost Lake this winter?

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Look guys, if I see one more Dodge Journey with the high beams on I'm going to get out and beat the driver to death.

:toxx:

Holy poo poo I hate that too.

WHY THE gently caress DO YOU HAVE YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON IN THE loving CITY.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Timmy Cruise posted:

Holy poo poo I hate that too.

WHY THE gently caress DO YOU HAVE YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON IN THE loving CITY.

I GOTTA BE ABLE TO READ THE MENU AT TIMMY'S, BRO. poo poo'S DARK IN THE MORNING.

I didn't even know there was an autocross at Ghost lake, I'm willing to help act as pit crew if anyone needs the extra set of hands. Or as a large amount of passenger seat ballast.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

I didn't even know there was an autocross at Ghost lake, I'm willing to help act as pit crew if anyone needs the extra set of hands. Or as a large amount of passenger seat ballast.

It's the ICE DIIIIIICE

http://www.cscc.ab.ca/2014/11/23/cscc-2015-winter-rallycross-ice-dice/

PUT STUDS ON THE ACCENT

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

I don't like ST205s and I don't like RHD cars but I'd almost throw a cheap bid down on one of those Celicas just for shits and giggles. Is their online bidding system decent?

it's pretty drat good, but you need to put a 25% hold on a credit card to bid, so to have $20,000 in available bidding money, they put a $2,500 hold on your card. It can take up to an hour to confirm your deposit and stuff, so if you plan on bidding, get it done soon.

It doesn't look like my payment has hit my card yet, so i'll have to keep what i have to bid with for when the trailers come up. It would be way too hard to own a wankel without being able to trailer it around, so unless one of the wankels or the low mileage GT4 goes for like, 3 grand i'm gonna have to sit this one out.

You can watch/listen to the auction live without bidding and stuff, just to know what you missed.

edit: The 15k km RX8 went for $8,500. miled out 106k RX8 went for $3,750. Probably could have made a decent dollar on them.
Celicas went for $4,250 and $3,500 but had no importation paperwork or anything with them.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 2, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gas is 69.9 in edmonton :toot:

There's a clean looking celica going through regal tomorrow with "engine noise" and a $2,000 reserve.

Could be a good flip.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2003-toyota-celica-gt/1026628953

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Do they let you fire it up for viewing?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Do they let you fire it up for viewing?

unless it sounds like absolute death, they should fire it up and drive it across the block. you can hang around it while they start it if you wish.

it's got a CEL too, so a code reader should give you some idea. I'm guessing it'll just be misfires all over the place.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Meh, if it goes particularly high over reserve it's not going to be a [i]great[i] flip. The market on those things is so saturated I'm starting to think about that gen's GT-S, just because they're getting so cheap.
That being said, there's also lots of 1ZZs in the yards these days for that reason.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Meh, if it goes particularly high over reserve it's not going to be a [i]great[i] flip. The market on those things is so saturated I'm starting to think about that gen's GT-S, just because they're getting so cheap.
That being said, there's also lots of 1ZZs in the yards these days for that reason.

Well, as a back-up, there's a mark V with a $2000 reserve too.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1979-lincoln-continental-mark-v/1042320496?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

gas IS getting cheap again, afterall.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Wait is Regal an actual action house? It just seems like a regular used car lot with a gimmick.

Also, this city has the worst snow removal practices I've ever seen in a Canada, it basically consists of waiting for the snow to melt. If they removed the snow before it compacted into ice the commute would be so much less of a horror show.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

iv46vi posted:

Wait is Regal an actual action house? It just seems like a regular used car lot with a gimmick.
Yeah it's an auction house. You can even replace your own car if you drive anywhere near it when the thousands of NE residents are jockeying for position in order to pay over blue book for a 20 year old Civic.

iv46vi posted:

Also, this city has the worst snow removal practices I've ever seen in a Canada, it basically consists of waiting for the snow to melt. If they removed the snow before it compacted into ice the commute would be so much less of a horror show.
Edmonton uses the same snow removal strategy as Calgary; the problem is Edmonton doesn't get chinooks.

Buy studded tires, because all the knobs polishing the snow in front of you are the reason it's icy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I was laughing my rear end off driving home down barlow onto 17th SE and me and about five other cars were held up at a light as a civic struggled to get up a 10 degree hill and nearly slipped back into the car behind it. Never change Forest Lawn...