Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You know what song should have been remixed? Jimmy's Aerobics for the Wii Fit stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I did the Lucina cruel smash kills just the way Gamexplain showed. It took me about five minutes but it was pretty simple. Just jump into that corner constantly - no waiting on the edge, because they WILL attack you. Took me maybe five or six tries.

Classic on 9.0 without losing a life? All-Star Hard with every character? gently caress this planet

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
That screenshot painting tool is pretty silly. Surprisingly robust too, somebody with actual art skills could make something pretty convincing looking with it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Evil Eagle posted:

No problem, here's what I did for everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuTbNqLxiI

One of my friends did this for 3 hours instead of playing with me today god drat it.

Confirming this works great, but it will take an hour or two of grinding to hit the opportunity/luck sweet spot. With some down-tilt attacks to clear immediate frontal danger and the right counters at the right time, you can get the Miis to come at you one at a time and get several kills in a row. Just watch out for those Mii gunners. Clear those fuckers out before they get into firing range.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone else have really bad loading times and issues with the menu lagging and the music having issues playing?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It acts a little weird on startup, when it loads the intro movie and then when I skip to the title screen. Only at startup, though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

It acts a little weird on startup, when it loads the intro movie and then when I skip to the title screen. Only at startup, though.

When restarting Cruel Smash my load times would vary between 5 to 15 seconds. It was really strange. Also, when unlocking trophies or badges in Event mode after the even my game would just hang there, like it had issues loading whatever the reward was. 20 seconds later it would pop up and I could do poo poo.

Also, for Linux users, someone made PC drivers for the GameCube adapters: https://github.com/ToadKing/wii-u-gc-adapter

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I went to spectate and got stuck on the screen with a world map. Had to turn it off after 5 minutes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo has now posted official advice (in Japanese) on how you should hook up two GC adapters if you already have other devices taking up your USB ports. It seems the main concern is power (for rumble) so they're recommending an AC-powered USB hub.

Other permutations of this basic setup should be fine too. If you don't want to get a hub and you're OK with losing rumble, you can even leave the grey cords of each GC adapter disconnected.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Looking at that photo really highlights just how much of a Nintendo Thing(tm) that setup is. loving Nintendo and their peripherals. Remember when you needed a GBA + Adapter for every player when you played that GC Zelda game? :psyduck:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I like WFT a lot. Everything about her screams the sorta silliness that makes smash fantastic. Not so hot with her though - anyone got any tips?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone else thing Bowser sounds like this when you get a star KO off him? I can't unhear it and I keep thinking that Bowser is The Thing.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

NTT posted:

Looking at that photo really highlights just how much of a Nintendo Thing(tm) that setup is. loving Nintendo and their peripherals. Remember when you needed a GBA + Adapter for every player when you played that GC Zelda game? :psyduck:

All of the pictured accessories are totally optional for SSB, though. You can play the game just fine with wireless internet, a disc (or a system-installed digital copy), and one of the other controller types. SSB works in full, even for 8-player smash, with nothing at all connected to the USB ports.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Little Mac posted:

I did the Lucina cruel smash kills just the way Gamexplain showed. It took me about five minutes but it was pretty simple. Just jump into that corner constantly - no waiting on the edge, because they WILL attack you. Took me maybe five or six tries.

Classic on 9.0 without losing a life? All-Star Hard with every character? gently caress this planet

I think the all star hard one can be hammered

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I finished a for glory 4 way match as Dedede, sent Toon Link flying, and in the last second performed an inhale then suddenly spat out a confused looking Metaknight who hadn't made it in to the sudden death. Then the match ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoTh6BpRvpM

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Didn't they teach you about that kind of thing in Sex Ed?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

So this game doesn't have a ping indicator and the online isn't region locked. I'm in New York. It's bad enough playing dudes on the West Coast. I shouldn't get matched with Germans. At least most of the Europeans I've played seem to have well configured wifi?? The games have been smooth but there's a fuckton of input lag.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hot Poppin Bunnz posted:

So this game doesn't have a ping indicator and the online isn't region locked. I'm in New York. It's bad enough playing dudes on the West Coast. I shouldn't get matched with Germans. At least most of the Europeans I've played seem to have well configured wifi?? The games have been smooth but there's a fuckton of input lag.

dude this game is not even out in europe

I gave remaking Corneria a shot. It's not pretty but it should be fun to play on. There's even an "arwing" that flies by.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Checker Knights is also gone, to my dismay.

And even though the prog rock version of Dark Pit's theme is available for 3DS Smash Run, it's nowhere to be found on Wii U.

Prog rock? Wait do you mean the version labeled just "Dark Pit"?

Edit: yup, that's prog rock alright. Now I'm super disappointed that it's not in the Wii U version and the only way to hear it in Smash is for Smash Run. :(

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 28, 2014

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

No I am pretty sure today is 28 November and it is out in Europe. It is available on amazon.co.uk. The in-game world map is aglow with European Smashers. And I keep getting matches with a full second input-lag against dudes whose profiles say they're German.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Yes it is.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I could have sworn that the euro date was December 5, my bad.

I'm glad most of my matches are with friends if there really is no regional matching.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

I could have sworn that the euro date was December 5, my bad.

I'm glad most of my matches are with friends if there really is no regional matching.

It was, they moved the date forward because that was considered too evil.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There's a goddamn Baten Kaitos song in this game and that fact makes me so drat happy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Not a Children posted:

There's a goddamn Baten Kaitos song in this game and that fact makes me so drat happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYeNx_mVLc

it's a cool song and I used it on one of my 1v1 dueling stages.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

mabels big day posted:

How many are there?

There are 323 default songs and you unlock 42 more by unlocking all the stages. So then that would most likely leave you with 72 CDs to get, bringing the total song count up to 437.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Something in regard to music (and as a disclaimer I don't yet own the Wii U version) I got from listening to remixes on youtube is that some of the new remixes sound kinda... Cheap? Not all the new songs, but a lot of the music that aims for orchestral to me ends up falling kinda short. Here's a good example, I think, is the comet Observatory music. if you compare the Galaxy version and Smash version, the original just sounds so much better. This could come down to general composition (the Galaxy version seems far more in-depth, with different sections of the orchestra complimenting one another), something about the sound doesn't feel right - are parts of the smash version MIDI? The brass sounds it.

Maybe I'm just crazy though.

For reference, here's the original (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbyqMdRS09w) and the Wii U version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4J_Ixrvwg)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think the new music is overall not as good as the new tunes from Brawl. It does have that cheap electronic feel to it.

Although there are some really good new remixes (like Team Flare :swoon:)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Is there a way to default a controller or player to an established name? I'm getting tired of seeing Player 1 with poo poo controls 1 minute into a ticket battle.

This is starting to annoy me. Eventually I'll forget and you can't change control settings in the middle or between rounds of anything. I'm too stubborn to just get used to L & R for shield, ZL & ZR for throw.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think it's better as a whole.

edit: the megaman music for example is pretty great, I like the new Onett Theme, the fortress boss theme, the gerudo valley remix, the Route 10 remix, etc...

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 28, 2014

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

With so many composers, you end up with a bit of a spread in music quality. If you go through the song list while checking who's credited, eventually you can kinda pick out who's consistently putting out the best stuff. ACE+ did the SMW Fortress Boss mix, the Sparkman theme, and of course they're behind all the original Xenoblade music. Noriyuke Iwadare did the Gear Getaway and Air Man mixes. Rio Hamamoto did the Gerudo Valley mix. Hip Tanaka does all the weird cool glitchy retro remixes. All those people are tops IMO.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
My first Amiibo arrived. Very happy with the paint quality. Was a bit concerned after some of the recent pics in the wild.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

knowing that amiibos gain prizes and custom poo poo for you when battling makes me thankful I purchased this thing. no loving way am I losing my mind going into smash tour/trophy rush/ etc again and again only to get zero custom moves.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Monster w21 Faces posted:

My first Amiibo arrived. Very happy with the paint quality. Was a bit concerned after some of the recent pics in the wild.

Y'know it doesn't really bother me that much but in this picture it's even clearer that the face proportions are off. Eyes should be closer and the mouth+nose should be a bit higher.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Blackheart posted:

Y'know it doesn't really bother me that much but in this picture it's even clearer that the face proportions are off. Eyes should be closer and the mouth+nose should be a bit higher.

Aye, but the gradient on the hair is really nice.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I can't stand that you can get smashed when your guy is laying flat on the ground with invincibility flashing. Aura Mastery and a bunch of the other cheap challenges suffer for that

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
21 rounds of Crazy Orders thanks to Yoshi and that awesome Vampiric Brawn Badge.

Still getting more CDs out of it, too, including the super sexy Battlefield Ver. 2 from Brawl.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Roach Warehouse posted:

drat it. I bought the 3DS version of this game so I wouldn't have to buy a Wii U for it. Now it's coming out here tomorrow and off I go to figure out my best priced console options, it just looks so pretty.

Wii U is totally worth the money, if you like games like Smash Bros I guarantee there are a few games out you will like. Plus, Zelda for next year looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I played three smash boards to get Pac Land. I can see people complaining about this mode, but I thought it was pretty entertaining, and would be especially with four people, the only problem is you really have to play two or three times to understand what's going on. But holy poo poo you get so many trophies and customs in this mode.

• Locked thread